Ruby Tuesday weekly meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm glad folks are doing so well. I could use more of that 'sense of accomplishment". You guys prove that "doing it" is worth it.

I didn't set goals for last week and so I muddled day to day.

This Sunday I did mentally set my goal for 3 AF days and not to get "down on the count" by drinking early in the week. So 3 days in I have 1 AF and 2 mod days. I have social events every night the rest of the week so I'm going to go AF tonight or Thurs and also try for Saturday although I don't know my plans. I am feeling so "blah and overweight" after hurting my back last week and getting no exercise. I'm doing better this week already on the exercise front.

Sunday I went to a Home Tour in my town and loved it. Having just renovated a bathroom myself I was keenly interested in the choices people had made in their bathrooms. I still LOVE mine. The houses were inspirational and the day was lovely. AND I rode my bike on the tour instead of driving house to house and people kept "thanking" me for being green. Kinda funny.

The struggles w/ teen continue full force, which is very hard. And don't even get me started about the hours at work. YIPES! but I do love the work.

All to say life goes on and I have to be mindful of self care. Will check in next week with a full report.

Ask

Comment

Hey modders and lurkers, time again to post our goals and comment on how we did.

Well, I did not meet my goals this week. Had a total of 11 for the week so while not a great thing there were successful times as well. We did a staycation this week-end (where you stay at a nice local resort for a get away experience) and I was so proud that I didn't crave a bloody mary or drink by the pool in the daytime. Did go over my limit at night-time but no driving where I was at so overall it wasn't a horrible thing. Just disappointing when the goals aren't met but it's a new week and a new beginning.

My goals for this week:

No more than 8 drinks per week
      No more than 3 drinks in a night

Please share your goals and any words of wisdom regarding your modding plan.

:l
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all! Eve it's nice to hear from you - a staycation sounds awesome! Special occasions like that are the most difficult for me to have controlled drinking. The good thing is that they don't come up that often. And thanks everyone for the words of encouragement at my succeeding in not drinking last weekend!

I knew this week would be different with a holiday weekend in the mix. This week as always, my goal was to only drink on special occasions and never more than 3 on an occasion. I met my goal - had 2 glasses of wine Friday with a nice dinner, 2 glasses of wine out for a special dinner with family on Saturday, and 3 beers on Sunday - two while out to dinner and one later with a friend who stopped by. Thankfully the friend had to leave so I avoided the temptation of another. So I had a total of 7 for the week (Monday to Sunday). I haven't included a weekly goal as part of my goals, but in general I would like to make sure I stay at 7 or below - that is less than 1/2 of my previous weekly consumption.

This week my goal is the same - only drink on special occasions and never more than 3 on an occasion.

Good luck to everyone and hope all is going well with each of you!

Frances

Comment

Me again! I decided since this is such a great place for accountability and is helping me meet my goals - that I will also post a non-al related goal. I am going to start exercising and my goal this week is to exercise 3-4 times this week to include cardio and strength exercises. Here's hoping I can get past wanting to start exercise and actually start!

Comment

Sorry I'm late! I had some issues this week - although I managed most of my goals, I did go over my limit on one of my drinking nights. I was in company with houseguests, and doing so well - mixing my wine with soda, spritzer style, and had a fizzy water and lime between the first and second ones, which were well delayed into the evening. Then someone else took over pouring the drinks and I pussed out for a bit. It wasn't a disaster, and I stopped it by pleading tired and going to bed, but I definitely had more than I intended. I'm not blaming the other person, I really should have stayed on top of it. That being said, Saturday turned into a bit of a bender for *some* of us. Not me and hubby - we had 3 nice social drinks and busied ourselves with other things. We were up in the morning, not long after the others had gone to bed, and went for a 10 mile bike ride and breakfast at an outdoor cafe. The others got up hours later with puffy heads and queasy tummies!

Frances - I'll match your 3-4 workouts this week! I walk and bike everywhere, so get plenty of cardio, but I need upper body strengthening and core. Like you, I'm tired of thinking about starting to get around to it!
            "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

Hi gang,
              Too much schoolwork made posting a little late as it's Tuesday already!!

Here's to a successful week for everyone. Had one beer last night - was very hot here and just one sounded good although hubby reminded me that it was fattening as I was pouring it. LOL!! True, I guess but I'm not exactly what you'd call overweight.

My goals are to try to maintain no more than 8 drinks in a week with no more than 3 in a night.
              Have a bday party this Friday (29 again, 39 again...must I go on?!) so I need to be cautious. My plan usually works when I start off non-al and then allow myself 2 drinks when the party is winding down.

Will be thinking of all of you to try to stay on track.

Hugs,
              Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all -

I had 1 glass of wine on Monday, 3 beers at a party on Saturday, and 2 glasses of wine on Sunday with dinner. Total of 6 for the week. My goal was to only drink on special occasions and never more than 3on an occasion. I met this goal, though the 'occasion' on Monday was only that it was Memorial Day - we weren't really doing anything special but that darn open bottle of wine was calling to me. I don't feel too badly about it though - one glass of wine is not bad I just need to be cautious to avoid getting back into drinking daily.

I also posted goals about exercise - I didn't meet those :-( I exercised only one day and was sore for the rest of the week and though I know I should have done more I think the soreness stopped me. I'll try again this week.

Good luck to everyone this week with meeting your goals! You can do it!

Comment

Well, I didn't quite make it last week. No more than 3-4 drinks on any given day, but I only ended up with 2 AF days. I felt really horrible about it, and didn't even want to post yesterday. But all things considered, I was a pretty good girl. The fridge was filled with beer and wine, there were open liquor bottles all over the counters... For over a week! I was even given a gift of home-made maple syrup from Quebec - in a re-purposed Rye whiskey bottle! It's the right colour and everything.

Epic fail in the strength training department, too. Zero work-outs. But about 50 miles of walking and biking.

So for this week: 3 AF days and two work-outs of each, upper body and core.

Take care, everyone.

Comment

Hi all,
                    Eve, I haven't figured out the timing of this thread: Ruby Tuesday says post on Tuesday to me!

I had a couple of glasses of wine Friday evening, then one glass with dinner out on Saturday. Usually I just have something to drink once weekly, but this wasn't too much. I do cherish my AF Sundays, going to work on Monday perfectly clear and satisfied with accomplishments.

Canadian Girl, I too love biking! I walk OK but not great because of my back and neurological issues. My bike lets me fly like the wind!
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;881744 wrote: Hi all,
                      Eve, I haven't figured out the timing of this thread: Ruby Tuesday says post on Tuesday to me!
                      I think that's somewhat accurate Sunbeam. With the week-end being so busy and that first day of work Monday (for most) being such a busy day, Tuesday seemed a good day to give ourselves a reprieve to post by Tuesday (which was the intention).

Then the words of the song of course fit so well with modders who come and go "Who can a hang a name on you?" (Rolling Stones). So, I usually try to post Sunday night or Monday for goals for the week - but Tuesday is not a problem and for lurkers coming on for the first time or procrastinators just come on board and post away any time or day of the week!!

:l
                      Eve11

Comment

Hi all. Going to give this modding thing a go. Here's my plan

No more than 4 drinks
                        No drink 2 days in a row

I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

FoolsGold,
                          Welcome! Let us know how we can support you.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy Tuesday, Ruby! And everyone else, of course.

The past week has gone well, all goals were met: 3 AF days and no more than 3-4 drinks on the others.

This week I'm aiming for 4 AF days, plus the usual 3-4 on other days.

Have a good week, all.

Comment

Hello Ruby Tuesday.

This is my 1st report here,
                              I have posted my mod desires on the "Junies' thread.

My week was reasonable, but could have been better.

Monday to Friday was perfect,
                              Target Zero accomplished Zero.

Saturday and Sunday..Hmmm
                              Not so good.
                              I tried my 1st White Wine since April 8th when I started here.
                              Saturday 1/2 bottle..OK
                              Sunday other 1/2 bottle then I opened another and had 2 more glasses,
                              I did tip the rest down the sink but the damage was done.

Goal for this week.
                              Zero AL Monday to Thursday
                              1 Glass Friday.
                              2-3 Saturday
                              Zero Sunday.
                              Happy to be back

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                                CanadianGirl, congrats on meeting your goals.

JacqRabbit, drinking moderately is a learned skill. Old habits die very hard when alcohol is the habit. It takes a lot of effort, much more than just not drinking. My goal each week is similar to what you've stated: usually just Saturday, but at times I might have just 1 glass on Friday or Saturday, then usually 3 glasses the other day. I keep Sunday AF because that used to be my heavy drinking day.

Comment

Working...
                                X