March On Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March On Moderators

Morning All! AF since Saturday here. Hi Keg--interesting name. Must have been some power drinker in your day. Just teasing. Glad you're back and getting yourself back on track. Check in often and let us know how you're doing.
    KG-I intended to post after being in chat last night but was just too tired. Silly me hasn't changed my house clocks yet. So I wake up at 6:30(which has become norm)but see 7:30 and immediately feel rushed and tired already! Will change them tonight.
    Some days I get alot of emails from my other group and all I can really do is try to keep up to reading. So I apologize for not checking in or responding right away. This other group was really my "turn my life around" life saver but at the same time it is heartbreaking to hear their struggles with their children and ex's. So many lives ruined for the sake of "winning".
    Anyways, I'm grateful for your honesty and friendship. I read your post about accepting the consequences for some fun and I seem to be in the same place. It's pretty much what I expressed when I started the Moderators Only Thread. That is not to say that I want to go back into the pit I was in when I arrived at MWO. I know you know that. :l
    Here's to meeting our goals today. Mine is AF. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi RC, glad to hear from you and that you were just busy. Things are pretty peaceful in my world - not much to report but just wanted to say that I'm glad you're having some AF nights and feeling pretty good.

We'll just keep on rolling with it and see where it takes us..........I think we seem to be doing pretty well overall just because we're determined not to get to a bad place again. I think that I'll naturally evolve toward less drinking without having to say NEVER. Mentally I think that just works better for me.

Have a great day!

xx,
      KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Morning KG~glad to hear your world is peaceful. I'm working on it trying to keep that positive outlook. Another AF day here. How about you? xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

RC, I have decided to take a break from MWO. It looks like you have support on the Journey thread, so I don't feel like I'm abandoning you. No special reason, really. I just want to see what it's like to try to live without posting for a while.

xx,
          KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Hey KG--I will join you in some MWO abstinence. Hope to keep in touch otherwise. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Hiya Ladies ( well, at least I think it's mostly girls),

Its been a little while for me. I drank more than I would have liked last week. A ?? amount on my drink tracker. I was very disappointed on waking up with a throbbing head and a sense of failure. BUT!.... I have not let it get me down, as when I look at my record ( DT ), this is but one small blip on my modding success radar! I will hold my head up high, ask myself ' What can I do differently next time?' and get on with it! I have proved to myself that it is most certainly just certain situations that I get a wee bit silly and let myself slip. I will be wary of these situations, keep up my NLP and hypnosis ( which I must admit had fallen by the way side in the last few weeks)... Enough from me, just checking in quickly as I have promised myself at least 8 hrs sleep tonight! I deserve more sleep ; )
              Hope you are all truckin away nicely.
              Sj xx
              I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join this thread. I think that telling myself I "should" be AF FOREVER is not helping me. It leaves me with a sense of deprivation and then a profound sense of failure when I don't succeed. It's making things worse. There's room in MWO for modding and I'm going to give it a serious go.

Best wishes,
                Blue

Comment

March On Moderators

Lots of us understand the death sentence feeling of forever. However, it is really beneficial to take a significant break from al to assess and then re-assess our relationship with the beast. It's not always a beast, but can be............... So I'm here to support and talk with you about it. I believe you are so right that there is room for us all. All we can do is be honest, it helps us and and others.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Thanks for your support RC.

AF today. Have to log more days for sure.

best,

Comment

March On Moderators

Hey Bluejay--reading the Mods threads as well as others gives one a barometer to gauge our success initially but then we start to set our own internal range of comfort and acceptance which in the end is what MyWayOut is about I think. Hope that makes sense. Glad to listen and support where I can. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

a journey

Ringing Cedars;1080325 wrote: Lots of us understand the death sentence feeling of forever. However, it is really beneficial to take a significant break from al to assess and then re-assess our relationship with the beast. It's not always a beast, but can be............... So I'm here to support and talk with you about it. I believe you are so right that there is room for us all. All we can do is be honest, it helps us and and others.
                        hi R C and the rest of you fine people,it s a journey we know can have stumbling situations,in more ways then one:H i believe this forum is much like AA, or the nal,topemax forum, we all have a journey,we all know what somewhat works for us, and we also know there are many road blocks,many know i ve been doing this stop start thing for years,everyone has to find there comfort zone,:H i know ive found mine, i am responsible for my actions,no one else:goodjob:gyco

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi folks,
                          Wanted to say hello. Where is everyone?
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi Rebirth-how are you doing with your moderation plan? Bluejay are you still giving it a go? Hiya Gyco.
                            Unfortunately modders don't seem to stay around long. I wonder if it's because they get too busy with their new found perspective and energy that they now apply to their life or they can't sustain it and go back to an Af goal? I personally have been drinking moderately (my definition for now is 1 or 2 times per week and not more that 1 bottle of (750ml) of wine or sometimes a six of light beer) since January. I have done 28/29 days AF and many 2 -3 weeks of AF since deciding to do something about my escalating drinking over a year ago now. During that time I still had several incidences of over drinking but so far this year I have not let happen since January. I am beginning to sort out many years of "bad things" in my life that were not a direct result of drinking but were certainly not dealt with because of drowning my sorrows with drink.
                            I still want to support you who want to moderate. To listen, support and provide feedback if you want it but I can't be on here all day long as I did in the past. I do read almost everyday but just can't chat like I used to. After all if we are moderating successfully I guess we don't need the constant support that we did when we started our journeys? It is encouraging to read how others are doing though and I will keep reading and posting when I can.
                            Would like to hear more from those who are on the modding journey.
                            Make a great day.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi everyone,
                              I started the April thread and said pretty much what you did Ringing Cedars.
                              I am thinking the problem with moderating and people not supporting each other is that they get so discouraged when they are not moderating well so they don't post. Unlike AF'ers here or people who attend groups like A.A. where the majority are not having slips because the craving does pretty much go away when you don't drink at all...the moderators struggle because the craving keeps occurring as we re-introduce alcohol into our systems. So, we really do stumble and fall more and I think beat ourselves up more.

We need as much support if not more than those giving AL up so let's try to make it our goal this month to be here for each other more. I certainly need the support and I know others do too.
                              :l
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi RC and Eve11

Absolutely agree on supporting each other. RC I drink the same quantity as you do. I allow myself a bottle of wine throughout the weekend and I always stay focused when i am drinking.
                                Be strong-
                                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                                X