Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Mod Squad

Hi j-vo and Eve

Definitely agree that some people take it far too seriously but I am generally really glad that I attended the meetings because it was important to hear the horror stories asssociated with this addiction. It gave me a reality check and helped me understand more about myself, my triggers, my blaming on situations and using those excuses to drink etc.

I just cant stand being labelled and told how to think.I hate being grouped and generalised. I am too free spirited. AA served its purposed and it's time for me to move on.

J-vo. I am definitely going to record the wedding next week. Britain has an air of excitement at the mo!I am sure her dress is going to look fabulous!

eve- it hurts when people are suddenly not there for you but hopefully she will settle and return back to her normal self?
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

April Mod Squad

j-vo- Ref diet coke. I drink way too much of the stuff. Did you mean a one glass or one bottle?
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

April Mod Squad

I agree. I did benefit from the meetings, and listening to the stories, although the stories I heard mostly seemed redundant at times. The discussion meetings, it seemed, that I heard the same stories every week, different topic, but they always led back to the same story. Yes, it was a very good reality check, and I had bought a subscription to the Grapevine magazine before I left, and I enjoy reading the stories as a reminder where I don't want to be.

Diet coke? Well, I buy the cans. They are 12 oz. each! One unit of diet coke???? Like I said, I buy both the caffeine free and regular. I love having one of those each a day in between water. I also have a Kuerig coffee machine, that makes one cup at a time. I buy different kinds of k-cups. I need to purchase the half and half which is half the caffeine, as that is something that I increased over my months in AA. I need to cut it down somewhat.

I can't wait for the wedding. I'm sure everyone is so excited anticipating the event. Do you live close to where that will take place? Will it be a national holiday for everyone?

I'm on spring break from school right now. I will be going out a little later to get some things accomplished, then my son has a baseball game this evening.

Have a wonderful day!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi j-vo
          You never told me where you are from? Yes its a national holiday and no doubt the brits will be gathering into the pubs for an all day drink session. Any excuse to drink. British people are notorious binge drinkers. We have such a huge problem with drink! Unfortanately I live about two hours away from the area where the wedding is held.

I love coffee. I am an espresso fan myself. Something I picked up when I lived in Italy for 5 months.

Its spring break here so my mum is looking after my son this week. It's given me so much freedom in the evenings. I am loving it! How many children do you have? I have one boy who is 7 in July.

You probably mentioned it before but how long have you been modding again? Have a good evening.x
          Be strong-

Comment

April Mod Squad

North Eastern USA. I don't know how the United States binge drinking compares to the Brits. I'm sure we're not much better, but I don't know that.

When did you live in Italy? My father-in-law came over on the boat from Italy when he was 16 years old. My grandparents also are immigrants from Italy. They've all passed on.

Freedom! What a nice break for you! I have one boy, and he's 13. Thinks he knows it all!

I've been modding since the middle of February. Doing well so far. I'm using the drink tracker and I can already see that this is a good tool. I was looking at my numbers, and I like to see the "0's" on it. I was also wishing that a few of the "3's" were "2's."
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi there,

J-vo and Rebirth, loved reading your posts this week. Been busy here not able to check in as frequently.
              I've been doing great so far this week.
              Having a big Easter get together at my house and I will be counting and measuring!! I got the book responsible drinking , really great stuff.

J-vo, I work as a Physical therapist in a hospital and yes we do see alot of the aftermath of long time alcohol abuse. there is an abbreviation they always use for it in their history and I NEVER want that on my medical chart.
              May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

April Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

j-vo I lived in Florence for the majority of the time. BEAUTIFUL place. But I also did alot of travellling on the weekend. I love Italy. There is something about their way of life, the people, the food!I was actuelly hoping to fall in love with an italian man but it didnt happen.lol
                I have been modding since end of november. I did abstain for a month after december but went back to modding at the beginning of feb. I will take a look at this drink tracker.

Hi Cher
                I also have a full easter weekend. Dinner with the family on saturday night and an easter egg hunt on sunday...I am not so worried about my drinking. It's my food intake that I have to watch.
                I really want to loce some weight.

Tonight it's my usually couple of drinks with the work gang. Have a great weekend! x
                Be strong-

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi modders!
                  It's Friday morning, Good Friday. We've been doing some home improvements lately. We have just ordered awnings for our back patio and front porch. They should be installed by Memorial Day weekend. I've been on my hubby for awhile to get these, and finally, we've done it! It's going to be lovely. I love making upgrades to our home when we can.

Cher, glad you have the book. Yes, it's great as a reference. I've learned many tricks and tools from it. It's my new "big book." Good luck with Easter at your house! We are going to my bro-in-laws for a big dinner on Sunday. My cousin is a PT. That's such a great career. Do you mainly work with older patients?

Good luck to you, Rebirth with your dinner and egg hunt. We used to go to a neighborhood Easter egg hunt, but my son is a little past that now. But I still hide plastic eggs around the house with money in it. Oh, we hide his Easter basket too. I asked him if he still wanted to do that, and, of course, if money is involved, he wants to!

Last night son had a baseball game. He had such an amazing catch at second base. The coach came up and hugged him! His friends like to hang around the ballfields and they were screaming to him that his catch will be on ESPN. Love it. We went for pizza and wings and I had two lite beers along with that. It was a good night!

Have a Happy Easter all.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi j-vo,
                    Aw. That must have been such a proud moment for you!

I am still at work but I will close in just under two hours. Will do 15 mins on the treadmill and then some gardening for a bit. The weather is glorious here! I use to connect the sunshine with getting very drunk in the past. Not anymore. So grateful for that!
                    Be strong-

Comment

April Mod Squad

Happy Easter Modders! It's Sunday morning, and shortly, we will be going to church. After church, we'll get ready to visit my husband's family for the day. Good luck to all who are hosting the festivities! Have a great Easter.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Happy easter!
                        Dear me did I consume some chocolate this weekend! How was everyone's weekend?
                        Be strong-

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi all,

I survived having 21 people over! and I had an easter egg hunt in our "back forty" for the "young adults" in our family, Currently all my kids , and step kids are in their 20s , some married some not and no grand kids, so I hid 60 eggs out side and enticed them with two golden eggs that would have gift certificates in them. They all ran out their like they were 4 years old not 25!! it was sooo cute. Anyway I survived without over doing it, 3 drinks total for the day! Anyway I'm glad its over.. a lot of work.

I have to work a lot this week so AF it is!!
                          Hope all is well and yes I consumed plenty of chocolate, especially when I was stuffing the plastic eggs before the hunt. Went to the Gym today.

Comment

April Mod Squad

I'm glad we all got through this Easter without much damage minus the chocolate! I had three throughout the day at my brother-in-laws house. And lots of very good homemade spaghetti, ham, and yummy cake and pies. Oh, and chocolate in between everything. It's time to get my butt in gear. Today I had two good workouts, one cardio, and the other with weights. Lots of calories burned! And watched what I ate today. My goal is to lose 10 lbs., so just enough time before the official start of summer. Have a great night.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Cher, your Easter egg hunt sounded like lots of fun! What were the gift certificates? Love the idea!

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi J-vo,
                                The certificates were 25 dollar Macys gift cards, can't go over board.. after all its easter.
                                Luckily it took them quite awhile to find the second golden egg otherwise I think they all would have stopped looking without finding all the "regular" eggs . Candy isn't as enticing at that age.
                                I guess I am missing little ones around the house so had to dream up something appease the "grandmother" urge in me.

Comment

Working...
                                X