X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Modders

Good Morning everyone!!
    Welcome Crocus and Jennyneric!
    My weekend I feel was a success of moderation, took a road trip with my daughters to visit my Mom , went out to dinner Sat night and had 1 glass of wine, then yesterday my daughters cooked a fabulous brunch for us and I had 1 bubbly glass. Then after the long drive home last night I had 1 glass of wine.
    I am finding I can quit easier after 1 glass than before I had my long abstinence time period.

congrats on the Walk J-vo, I've done those walks before and they are so full of spirit and motivation.
    Rebirth: I know exactly how you feel when you eat a bunch of crap. AT least you know that if you eat healthy you feel better and as long as your healthy eating out weighs your "bad" eating you are winning I think!!! When I work with my patients at work and they are having a bad day I always say as long as your good days start out numbering your bad then you're on the right track!
    RE: the raspberries, I know they like well draining soil and eventually you will need to stake them up. I also have been told not to expect raspberries the first year you plant. and sometimes you need netting to keep the birds away. I love this time of year with all the new growth.
    Today I am waiting to hear from my vet.... my black lab seems to be quite sick ((( I am very worried about her.

happy modding and AL free weekend !!!
    May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

May Modders

Hi Cher- Thanks for the tip on the raspberry plants. These plants have been in my friends garden for a few years. They were not looked after so we will see whether they bear any fruit this year.And my good days outweigh the bad..infact I usually have six angel days and one devil day.Your modding is excellent. Sounds terrible but I prefere to have a couple rather than just one. I remember when I was pregant..I just had one small glass a week and it lasted two hours!
      Sorry to hear about your dog? Whats wrong with her?

Hi jenny- Yes hop on board with me and J-vo.Definitely a good thing to have the odd AL weekend. I was actuelly thinking the same..having a two AF weekends a month. Anyway, we will see what happens after this weekend. At least you cut down the AL after friday. I think this is what you had planned?

This is a good challenge!I like the idea of not drinking this weekend and I want to prove to myself that I can do this
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Modders

Hi everyone! Welcome Crocus! Yes, the way you have felt recently is why we're all here supporting each other and our goals. Glad you're here.

Rebirth, Jennyneric, and Cher

I think success is built on concrete goals. And having an AL free weekend is a great idea for us non-normies. I think it's really necessary to keep this modding going in the right direction. It's something I didn't do the first few times I tried modding. I've already started to fill my weekend in. Friday night is easy because my son has a baseball game that evening. Sat. I've got all kinds of errands and house to do's, and Sat. I just told my hubby I'd like to go to the movies. Oh, I've told him about my plan for an al free weekend and he said he has no problem with that plan. He never had a problem with it or without it. Sunday, more things going on. This will be a productive weekend, with workout days both Sat. and Sun.

Good for you Rebirth on your workout! I missed mine today as I went to watch my students after school play girl's softball, then my son had a baseball game. Didn't get home until 8:00. Long day!

Cher, I like what you said about your patients...When the good days start outnumbering the bad, you're on the right track. We will have those off days as far as eating, exercising, and sometimes going over our limit. But these are limited. Hope your black lab gets better. What his/her name?

Have a great night.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

Hi everyone,

I am very sad right now, My lab .. Lucy has acute leukemia and has days , weeks to live.
          I lost a golden retriever to liver cancer when she was only 4 years old and I feel I am plagued but that is just how I feel right now. I will love her up til the end.

Comment

May Modders

Cher- OMG! I didnt expect this kind of bad news! I am so so sorry to her about Lucy. I know how much love and joy an animal brings to the family so you must be absolutely devastated. Plese stay as strong as possible in this very difficult time? I am so sorry. This is very sad.
            :l
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

May Modders

Cher,
              I'm so sorry to hear this. How very difficult for you and family. You're in my thoughts. Please take care.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

Just thinking allowed..

Many people take L-Glut. Anyone takes these tablets? My preference is just to use my willpower but just interested to see what these tablets do?
                Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

I used to, Rebirth, but I didn't see it as much help, although I was in a much different place than I am now. It's really good for sugar cravings and lots of people say it helps immensely.

Comment

May Modders

Hi J-vo and Rebirth,
                    thanks for the kind words.. this is hard, we put her on prednisone and she has perked up , but I know that it is only temporary. Just a day at a time.. motto for life really.
                    No AL for me right now, need to not do what I would have done in the old days!!!! drown my sorrows.
                    I need to feel the feelings.
                    re: L-glut, I tried it a long time ago too but It didn't seem to help me either. Some people really think it helps.. boy if it helps the sugar cravings maybe I should restart.
                    Just got back from the gym... the best medicine there is.

Comment

May Modders

Cher, at least your doggie is feeling ok for now. More prayers your way. And good for you for getting to the gym and working out. There can't be a better medicine for the emotions you're feeling. Hugs to you and your pup.

Comment

May Modders

Hey Cher,
                        Thats fabulous that you are exercising. It could be so easy now to drink away your sorrows but we have all learnt that it does nothing for our pain. The pain continues tomorrow but with a throbbing headache and a huge dose of self loathing. Well done. You are an inspiration!
                        At least poor Lucy is a little bit more comfotable. Bless her...
                        I had a difficult day today but I also decided to exercise for 30 minutes and I feel much calmer. Exercising is fabulous for that isnt it.

j-vo- Mario posted that he took it for his sweet tooth so I am going to try it...
                        Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hi all,
                          Rebirth, being it sounds like you're in England, you may be familiar with the Dukan Diet. I decided to go on it to shed 11 pounds (their calculation of what I should lose) but I'd really like to lose 15-18. They say that's why Kate and Pippa looked so slim at the wedding.

I decided to do it for two reasons. #1 Lose weight #2 No AL allowed until a few months go by! So what a way to go AF! I am very excited about it but will keep posting here as I plan to moderate when AL is allowed back into my diet. After all of the work of moderating well with food, I will really tackle the AL and keep reminding myself I worked so hard to get to my goal weight that I don't want AL to ruin it. Too many senseless calories and it makes a person want to munch!!

Will keep you all informed of my progress and temptations. My friend is going on it too but she has already cheated and had wine - a big no-no. I think my will power is definitely stronger than that. It will be an interesting challenge.

Talk soon.
                          :l
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

May Modders

Hi Modders,
                            Hope everyone's day is going well.

Cher, hope Lucy is still comfortable. Stay strong. Did you get out to the gym today?

Rebirth, did your day go a little better today?

Hi Eve! Tell me how the Dukan Diet works. Low carbs, counting calories? Good luck!

Still doing AF this weekend. I've already got several things planned and I hope to get a lot accomplished.

I'm dragging today! Plan later is to do my toning and walk outside this evening. Sorry I feel so blah! It's the last few weeks of school and they've not turned on the air. It's so warm and stuffy.

Have a great evening.

Comment

May Modders

Hi all

Eve - Thats exactly how I see AL at the moment..senseless calories. I dont know much about this diet.I think it originates from France. Is it very low calorie?I tried to get some info on it but they want me to pay first.

j-vo- I feel alot better today. I did a really good workout today and I have been eating healthily since Monday. I just feel better for it. By friday I am usually bursting with energy. Yes I am also still staying AF this weekend. Just reminded my BF that I am sticking to my guns.

Plan for this Sunday is to go to the gym and do an exercise class (Circuit training) in the morning and then visit an animal park with my son later on. Lots of walking so lots of exercise on that day.

I am taking L- cortisone and am now trying L-Glutamine. The first one helps in fat burning and the latter helps with sugar cravings apparently.

Hi Cher- How is Lucy? How are you?

Good night ladies. x
                              Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Good for you Rebirth!

I can say that I definitely was on a low today and felt so tired after work. I helped my son with his history homework, got ready for tomorrow, and caught up on shows I'd dvr'd. I watched Celeb. Apprentice and got the biggest kick out of seeing Star Jones get booted.

Then I just got major energy and such kicks when I watched American Idol when Lady Gaga was mentoring Scotty. LOL!!!!! I loved it. Ok. Now I need to come back down because it's almost bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X