Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Modders

Good morning,
    It's a beautiful day today. Just checked my strawberry plants ( lookin good ) and my raspberry plants ( not looking good).
    I am also a bit lighter on the scales so that makes me very happy!

J-vo- The Uk is a bit behind with American Idol so I will be watching this episode tonight. Lady Gaga and Scotty?? What an interesting combination. Cant wait to watch it.

I was reading the paper this morning and unfortunately a young man ( in his twenties) went out on the weekend, got drunk with his friends and then tried to climb a wall. Apparently this is what they try and do as a dare. Anway he fell on his head and is now in a coma fighting for his life.

Thats alcohol for you. I really hope he gets through
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Modders

I'm jumping into this thread here. I haven't been on MWO over a year, and even then hadn't figured out the posting protocols as in: do I post on this page of interest which may be from 2008, or on the last page where everyone is reading now?

I'd posted a life conundrum two times, and I had responses - one person even remembered me from being there the first time! I was amazed. So I'm back. I've passed contemplation and I need to moderate my drinking. I'd say I am dependent and an abuser. I'd like to reduce that to abuser, then to a MOD. Then, just maybe, a low-MOD will become what u guys call a NORM? I mean after years?

Right now the info says diseased alcoholic. I don't believe it's a disease. I'm in a _____ alcohol and substance abuse counseling class!! I'm getting knowledge of treatment first hand. It's a shame I have a few shots before class to alleviate the boredom. It's interesting watching my peers in recovery and those that I guess are the NORMS? They seem out of place in class.

SO yea, messed up and confused and from the photos I see in the workbooks, killing myself slowly. I'd drank and partied all my life. These last three years I went overboard. I knew all the time it was wrong. However, with AL, one makes horrendous decisions in life.

I like the exercise thread going thru here, I belong to a gym and haven't been in a while. Mom died at 88 on 3/12. It gave me a reason to drink. I got a job after 2 years. That gave me a reason to NOT drink, but I am.

OK - I guess my question is, do I just bookmark this page and log in each day to follow a thread forward? Or does MWO send to one's mailbox?

I recognize that starting the day with alcohol will seriously undermine the day. I don't HAVE to, I just do. It will be nice to have someone to talk to without guilt. I've a couple good friends who know, but you know how it is...you see they are saying to themselves they are glad it's not them. LOL

Comment

May Modders

Just Starting Out? - My Way Out Forums https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Welcome, the links I posted above are good places to start. MWO recommends that you start any plan with 30 day alcohol free to break habits and change thinking. Modding normally doesn't work for most and normally doesn't work if there is not a extended period of alcohol free time before even trying. Modding takes practice. You can quite the beast forever with abstinence but when you give him alcohol and he wakes up you have to be able to quite him again by stopping the drink when you have already had one. Most people here have lost their off switch and some never find it again, for those that want to mod we also don't have an off switch, we just have to make one if that makes since.

Try 30 day's al free before modding, you will have a lot more success.
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

May Modders

good advice jenny!

Hi Molly,
          Check out the toolbox above. Have your read the MWO book? There's a lot you said above. Condolences to you on your mother's passing. That had to have been very difficult.

Are you taking the recovery class as a requirement? I don't believe in the disease concept either, but whether it's a disease or not, some of us choose to become abstinent because it seems to be the way to live a productive and happy life. Modding is a difficult thing to tackle and you always have to work at it. The book that I've read, called Responsible Drinking, suggests that a 30 day abstinent period is necessary before beginning your modding process.

Think about your goals and what you want to accomplish. All you have to do is log into MWO and come back to this thread and post! Good luck to you.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

HI All,
            I'm doing ok, Lucy is about the same, having some inside accidents though ((
            I want to try and do AF weekend too!! Gym tomorrow for me
            I just got off two long days at work, my commute is so much longer now with my move to the country that I have little time in the evening to catch up with you guys.
            rebirth, be patient with your raspberries )
            I need strength for AF this weekend. plan to log in here a lot.
            reading my "Responsible drinking" book some more.
            remembering my triggers.
            remembering when I was not drinking and had NO headaches. and I've had two this week. ugh.
            thanks for the reminders ladies.. empty calories.. need to be AF this weekend.
            fresh fruit smoothies, club soda with lots of fresh limes squeezed in and a splash of OJ, thats it.
            May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

May Modders

Hey Ladies!

I lost a pound! I lost a pound! I lost a pound:grouptrophy:

I am so pleased that my diet and my exercise is giving me results! I have lost 3.5lbs in four weeks. I just need to lose another 7lbs and I have my bikini figure back!

SO! Cher, Eve, jenny and J-vo. Lets have this AF weekend together. I am going for it. No drinking for me this weekend. Healthy eating and a gym class first thing sunday morning. We can do this!

Hi Molly- You got some great advice from jenny and j-vo. Just keep checking into this thread as we post alot here.

Have a great friday all. I did some taebo first thing this morning and I plan to do a strength training session this evening. All done in my living room, with kids toys scattered all over the place. Ha ha. but it's working.
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

May Modders

sexy mamma here I come!
                Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

good directions

Hi jenny & j-vo. Thanks for the reply. I've actually been here since 08 or 9 - come once a year I guess. Time flies and I look back on these last couple empty years and the fact that I have aged horribly in the three years I've been hard drinking. That is going to be a motivator...vanity. I look OK in the mirror, then I see a photo...it's like two different people. Never mind the other bad places to go that are always a potential: DWI, accidental killing someone, setting the house on fire etc. As I said POTENTIAL for this lifestyle.

I got myself into this mess. Funny - watching Casablanca again the other night..."Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine." My mind is all over the map and I went to the center of pity - 'Of all the habits, of all places' etc. No longer in denial after decades reveling in the Nature and the Nurture, as you know this is a lifestyle change. So what did I do for New Year's? Married my enabling, co-dependent, addicted partner of seven years. Was I drinking? Yes. Am I seriously reviewing this? Yes. He likes who he is. End of story.

Me however, not so much. In all the years of drinking I'd never had this last 3-year desperation. To sleep life away? I've done crazy stuff all my life, but stuff that made me feel like I was a strong person. I'm no longer in denial and I see the crutch. This is some serious thinking and I've a history of things that not everyone has to go thru. Of course I realize many millions have it worse.

Well, thank you for the TOOLBOX. I'll use that for a sponsor right now. Hadn't bothered before - did read the newbie page a couple years ago, I just - I dunno.

I've a drinking buddy trying to moderate. I've told her of this site before and now she has a new laptop I'll tell her again. I can dig the 30-day trial by fire and night sweats. I know.
                  It sucks bigtime. But I've accepted it before - because I know this. Then, well, y'know..

And the substance abuse class I'm in is not required. I paid for it. However, it was serendipity. My DOL was running out, couldn't get a job (blowing interviews , no doubt). The course outline popped into my email and I thought Hell yea - this is what I'm looking for. At the time I wasn't married. Who have I made friends with in class? Two junkies who now drink instead of smoke/shoot their demon. This is messed up on so many levels.

And another thing you guys are doing...a good thing...I'm thinking before I drop f-bombs all thru my writing. LOL, An explosive vocabulary addiction, prior to the onset of Turret's. Kiddin'

Comment

May Modders

to you rebirth

I wrote and edited so long this morning, when I finally posted I saw you had acknowledged my post. Thanks -

I'm going to go with you on this exercise thing. I just came out of hibernation this week and... I know it's good - I quit the AL a couple years ago for five weeks and exercised in the morning. I lost 15 pounds of blubber...time to do it again.

Crikey - I could actually spring up my front steps after that. BTW I'm 57. I've got good genes for longevity and a strong liver. But I want to die happy, not so weak and pathertic. I could go out easily in a crash or random murder, but why wait for that? Time to re-accept the object of living.

Comment

May Modders

Hey Molly,

57 is still a young age to change your life around and it sounds like you really want a change. You dont need to look like a potato!

So how are you going to start? x
                      Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

I like your verbal explosive addiction by the way
                        Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hi everyone,
                          keep reading everything you can molly. That's how I learned and progressed, yet sometimes we will make mistakes, only to learn and grow more.

Today was a dayfrom he'll at work. Im a teacher and they layer off 55 of our 200 teachers. I was lucky as I have 19 years but a guy that has 11 years got furloughed. Now they will be moving us into different positions and schools. Not a good day. Im laying on the couch and don't think ill get off until tomorrow. I was so sad for all the people who lost their jobs as well as the loss of friends that I've worked with for years.

Cher, hope Lucy is coin ok.

Rebirth, keep goon girl! Congrats to you. Get that bikini out and strut your sexy stuff.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

J-vo, so sorry for the shake up at your school, I know this is such a bad time for schools and budgets.
                            When you see how vulnerable you can be after all the hard work. Hang in there.
                            Rebirth: congrats!!!! no bikini's for me but good for you!

Lucy my puppy is hangin in there. We will be staying close to home so we don't leave her much these days.

MollyM; glad there is another 50 something in the group with me!! you know our waist mysteriously gets wider? ugh., lack of hormones sucks.
                            Have a great weekend everyone.
                            Gardening, biking and quilting for me: and hugging my doggies.

Comment

May Modders

Hi all,
                              I did really well on friday but I failed to go AF on saturday ladies. I had three glasses of wine which is an okay amount but I am annoyed that I succombed to my craving. It was that typical thinking...a very stressful day so I felt like a glass of wine. I have to watch that! Anyway, it did not stop me from doing my planned exercises sunday morning and generally I would say that I had alot more energy than last weekend.
                              I see that drinking on a friday is a no no if I am working the next day. It was great to wake up saturday morning without the general tiredness I use to feel in previous weekends.
                              My eating was also pretty good on the whole.

How was everyone's weekend?
                              Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hi Rebirth,
                                Love the honest, I screwed up too, still feel ok but I had 2 glasses both Fri and Sat.
                                What I have found is that I have no problem stopping at 1 or two now but I want a glass everyday, I need to be careful.

Comment

Working...
                                X