May Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Modders

Hi. I'm new here, attempting to mod and have a plan to go AF for 30 days soon. So far doing pretty well, drinking every other night rather than daily. Have a pretty big holiday weekend planned, celebrating anniversary, etc. Have not been feeling well, and I was thinking it was withdrawal of some sort. After studying the Holistic section, I now feel it's the Kadzu since I have hypothyroidism and am on generic version of Synthroid and see the two are not compatible. Most disturbing symptom was dizziness, hard to run on TM while dizzy! Feel lethargic, want to sleep just like when your thyroid is too low. So only took 1 yesterday and none today.

Cher - identify with a.m. determination and night time weakness. It's been a week since I gave in and drank on an unplanned day. Seems longer LOL Hope you have a good evening!

Rebirth - might you be OCD? Not throwing labels around; it's just that now that I've decided to moderate my drinking I'm on the board here constantly, reading books, analyzing how I'm feeling, in other words, obsessive compulsive. Dr labeled me that a long time ago. Reason? I ran marathons. _____doesn't just run; she runs marathons. Huh? Stepdaughter has pyschology degree and I read a note once where she also called me that. I don't disagree. Stay away from the doughnuts! I follow you; you're doing very, very well!
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

May Modders

Hi Tomyhealth! Good luck on your moderation plan. I am definitely OCD. I notice it when I lock my doors. I have to check them three times before I go to bed. Grrrr. It's annoying but what do you do. How on earth do you get rid of OCD? But I do think being obsessive is good in some ways so long as it doesnt take over..eg. wanting to exercise and not be with your family.

But then again AA can turn you into an obsessive being...putting meetings first etc. Good thing or bad? I dont know anymore.

Anyways..I am staying away from the doughnuts. I have now started exercising this morning and i am liking it. it's like having a good cup of coffee. lol
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Modders

ECDave,
        Congrats on the wedding and sounds like you did very well on the controlled drinking. Kudos to you.
        Cherbear,
        Hope you had a fabulous Bday!!
        To all others, rebirth, J-Vo, etc. a warm hello. I've been busy with school so have spells of not coming here. Going to take 8 week off though over the summer as we travel too much and my classes are always very intense with the papers (grauate degree) and I've been a little too busy. I welcome a needed break.
        Have been AF 17 days now (posted more about that on Ruby Tuesday) and am doing well.
        Will post soon.
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

May Modders

hi Modders
          I wonder if anyone remembers me? I had to re-register, so I am now Lila One.
          I used to be just Lila.
          Anyways, today is a rotten day for me (grad school stuff) and I came here. I see a lot of people I used to know are still here, and that is great.
          I have now had 3 beers. I had bad news today, and just feel tired.
          I want to come back now, and be part of something positive.
          Lila

Comment

May Modders

how can i leave alcohol just had an accident while driving drunk

Comment

May Modders

royal
              you could try writing in the need help asap, near the top. hope that you are okay and no one is hurt. good luck!
              By the way, they sent me a password, so I am just Lila again, not Lila 1.
              L

Comment

May Modders

Hi Royal- Have you tried the beginners section? Are you ok?

Hi Lila- we have never "met" but it's good to see you again. Hope you stick around. x

Eve well done on 17 days! Your weight must be dropping off!

By the way folks, I have be taking l-glutamine for the past three weeks and I swear that it's not making me want to drink so much?? Not sure if it's also acombination of exercise though..But something is changing in me because this weekend I hardly drank my usual quoto. I almost couldnt be bothered..

Well let you folks know.
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

May Modders

Thank you, Rebirth. It is nice to be back, this was always such a nurturing place.
                  Have you been here long?

Comment

May Modders

Hi Lila.I joined this site about a year ago.Amazing how the time has flown! A year already! Wow it's been an amazing journey of change for me. Drinking was a huge downfall in my life and I didnt/couldnt/wouldnt believe I could ever get to this serene place where I am now with myself. But I am doing it!
                    How are you doing so far? x
                    Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Well, I came here Friday in a crisis. Grad school has gotten too stressful, that and single parenting, other things too, drinking more, but mostly feeling awful and needing comforting words. They might make me repeat a class, and I feel awful. They pressured me into taking way too heavy of a course load, and I just feel burned out and embarrassed for not doing well.
                      I am seeing a counselor tomorrow, that's part of college, great health care. But I wont mention drinking, just anxiety and depression.

Comment

May Modders

Geez. I know all about single parenting too. It can get difficult. I have a six year old boy and juggle it with full time work. It can get tiring at times.Infact my drinking escalated once I became a mum as I sat at home and drank. Couldnt do much else..or so i thought.

It's clear that the workload was too much for you. Hopefully the counselor will ease your mind a bit as it's not nice to put pressure on yourself. i am sure you tried your best...
                        Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

I saw my counselor. I feel much much better! I am going to go to the meditation group at the U. I don't want to go on antidepressants.
                          Now I am kinda excited. It would be great to just not always get upset and be agitated so much.
                          I am also taking some sam-e, not sure if it will be good or not....
                          I know how that goes, Rebirth! Do you have a co parent? I have 3 and they never go to their dads. I would think one child is harder, actually. You can't say Kids, go play.

Comment

May Modders

Feeling sad today,
                            lost my Lab Lucy today.
                            Pets sure can suck in your heart.
                            May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

May Modders

Sorry to hear that - what happened?

Comment

May Modders

Thanks Lila,
                                My doggie Lucy had Leukemia and finally succumb to it.
                                Cancer sucks.
                                But I am not numbing myself as I would have.
                                May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Working...
                                X