June modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June modders

ToMyHealth;1127559 wrote: Anybody hear from Eve? I'm wondering how her Vegas vaca went.
    Thanks for thinking of me TMH~

We had SO much fun (controlled drinking too) in Vegas. Bought an apron to hang on the side of the fridge that says "What happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen".

Off to a reunion in the land of no computers but will be back and doing some good posting in July.

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

June modders

I am looking forward to that, Eve! THanks for checking in.

Comment

June modders

How old am I? 62 yrs, 10 months, how's that for 'roughly'? I just retired for 2nd time end of March. Crumb cake is a coffee cake made by Estemann's. Dated a guy once who introduced me to it; have known better to buy it since. Funny when I think about it; he was a teetotaler and had a huge sweet tooth. Got into it yest so am now going to pkg it up and freeze it hopefully to serve sometime to company.

Rebirth - sleep paralysis? Not sure what that is; sometimes my body just constantly moves, sways and I can't seem to stop it. Strange that it only happens when you've napped. Did you do your new w/o?

Eve - hey, so good to hear from you! Happy belated B.D.!! Glad your vaca went well, and you had fun and had controlled drinking. Feels good, doesn't it? See you in July.

Lila - nice if no rain, unfortunately, where we are we need it desperately. Did you bike?

Yest I walked 3 mi, biked 5 miles, and did some upper body wt lifting plus 120 situps. Today will be almost the same, just substitute a lower body w/o after the cardio. My plan is to go to Happy Hour tonite, have 1 or 2 gl of wine (if 1 can have 1 when get home, if 2, will have 0 when I get home) bid everyone farewell til August. Have a great Friday and work your plan today!
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June modders

I have been doing a lot of gardening, landscaping, carting around my wheelbarrow. That would be upper arm, huh?
          I wish it was always summer!

Comment

June modders

Hi Lila and TMH,
            Bit hectic at the moment but I will check in later. x
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

June modders

Where is everyone???

Comment

June modders

Hey, Lila, I've been thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder whether people are doing ok or if they're doing so well they are just bored with the whole thing. How are you doing? I'm in Canada, & moderating very well. Glass of wine, glass of water, dinner, glass of wine, glass of water. Feel great today, have done my wts workout and will go for a walk soon. Stocked the frig with O'Douls, Diet Tonic also in case drinking starts earlier in day being it's the weekend. Need to be mindful.
                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June modders

well, I fell off the wagon a bit this past week. Drank more than I would like. I guess I do that when I don't feel in control, when I feel too pressured.
                  I ordered some more supplements today - GABA for one. That and some yummy coconut soap (Vitacost order).
                  Almost 10, and just had some chamomile tea.
                  I also biked - twice today - the weather has been pretty cool and misty - perfect for biking. I do feel like I am getting healthier in many ways, baby steps here. My SAMe, St Johns Wort and 5 htp combo has been working great, I am not anxious anymore.
                  Life is good!

Comment

June modders

Hi Lila and TMH,

I am still around. Just been busy and have been spending less time on my computer. I most probably wont be posting as much because I feel very comfortable with my moderation routine and dont feel the need for as much virtual support. I will try my best to keep posting though as I know it helps others.

Anyway, I am still working out and drinking very moderately on the weekends. nothing has changed there except for my weight! I have lost another pound and looking much much leaner. Thanks to The Firm and Jillian Michaels. Exercise has become a very important part of my life now and it really affects my mental well being. I feel far more energized since my new healthy routine.

Hope everyone is okay. x
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

June modders

Got a huge birthday party this saturday which should be interesting. Everyone will be drinking and I am determined to wake up hungover free!

Also got another big challenge in four weeks...a holiday in Barbados. People drink rum like water. They pour it on their cereal. lol. Also determined to enjoy my holiday without a single hangover!!
                      Be strong-

Comment

June modders

Rebirth
                        I am glad you are doing so well, but sorry to see you go.
                        How fun really can a day be if you start it with alcohol? Yuck!
                        You sound strong, and it sounds like a fun vacation.
                        I am trying to go biking every day, it has been a cool summer, good for biking.
                        L

Comment

June modders

Hi Lila,
                          I will try and post as much as I can. Where do you bike? How you feeling these days? x
                          Be strong-

Comment

June modders

There are bike trails by my house. It is really nice.
                            I am doing pretty good. I would like to get more in shape, but I am just going with baby steps, rather than scolding myself.
                            This fall, I would like to invest in a treadmill, maybe. Do you have any exercise equipment? What is your workout routine?

Comment

June modders

Lila I have a treadmill but I hardly use it. I have a mountain of fitness dvds and I do all my workouts in my living room! I work out from monday to friday for at least 45mins and I vary my workouts with strength training and cardio. For example I would do a 20 min workout with free weights, then another 25 mins doing kickboxing, or another form of aerobics.

It's worth it . I have been working out for eleven weeks and my body has transformed.It's leaner. x
                              Be strong-

Comment

June modders

You hear of people who have given up drinking and have preoccupied their free time with exercise. I guess I have become one of them. Working out keeps me focused and stops me from wanting to binge drink on the weekends.
                                Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                                X