Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Mod Squad

Hi,
    It was good to read up on everyone's posts. I didnt drink yesterday and I feel mentally alot better this morning.

Alcohol is a definite depressant!

Lila- Funny you should mention about people who get someone new soon after a break up. An old flame found out about my break up and has made contact with me. He has asked me out for a date today! I told him that it was way to early for me to date because all I would do is talk about my ex and cry alot. lol. Not a good date.
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

September Mod Squad

summer is definitely over. I see fallen leaves. shame..
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Rebirth, that is soon, but was it nice to hear? Did he hear thru facebook? I should get on facebook. Good for you for not drinking!
        My kids are off to school, I am going to do yard and house work and hope for a call or an email.
        Modders hope you are having a great Tuesday, it is a beautiful day where I am.
        L

Comment

September Mod Squad

Lila-Yes he heard through facebook because I changed my status.
          Are you single?

Right. Gonna do a workout in an hour.
          Be strong-

Comment

September Mod Squad

RB - good idea about not dating. it's a good idea to take some time for yourself.

i'm not going to commit to a 30 day challenge right now. frankly, i just don't want to do it!
            maybe someday, but right now, i'm good with skipping 4 days a week and enjoying my weekends in moderation(of course).

i will try this weekend to keep it under 3 at least one night.

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Modders
              Rebirth, I am single. But I am also the mother of 3, so life is crowded. Still, I wonder if I will ever get married again, even though I am happy with my life. That is great you are working out. How are things today?
              LGL, I know what you mean - it does sound harsh! You sound like you are doing a good plan, actually.
              Another day waiting for the phone to ring! School started and that is always fun, it has that new beginnings feeling.
              I will check back later! Have a good Wednesday!
              L

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hey, ladies, sounds like everyone is getting through the week fine. Lila, I know you didn't specifically ask if I was going to join in 30 day challenge but as you also know I was giving it some thought. I've decided, like LGL, I'm happy where I'm at. I'm drinking so much less than I used to and if I can continue as I am I'm happy not to mention healthier.

We're planning to run in a Habitat for Humanity 8K in October. So today an email gets sent out to join in a Thursday night kick-off for such on Sept 15th, free wine and beer and appetizers with a $5 donation to yet another worthy cause. I know I could go and socialize and not drink. Am aware I have to pick and choose, but it's not like this 2 hr event is going to put me over the edge. So no hard and fast rules for me as long as I still feel I am successfully moderating.

Dh is going to start consulting for company he retired from soon, talked to boss today and discussed when he would be expected to be back up north. Boss asked 'how would you like to come home for Thanksgiving'? Dh, of course, worried about others' in company whispering about what a sweet deal he has, mentioned such, and basically boss said 'oh, screw them'. LOL Ok, looks like we'll be home for Thanksgiving! That used to be the holiday we hosted in dh family but times/locations change. Some year I'm sure people will travel to see us during the holidays.

Boy, jumping from school starting to holidays - Sorry - certainly not wishing time away!

TMH
                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

hey TMH, how does that work? Does he just fly up for a few days? I imagine it is a short flight...

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Lila - not sure exactly how trip will plan out it being a first. It's about a 3 hr flight. Our idea is that they may want him to fly up on Sunday, work Mon-Wed. I'd go along and then we'd just pick up hotel over weekend and come home either Sat or Sun. We don't know if company is going to p/u car rental, etc. That will be another consideration. TBD.

Quiet here. Do I read that AF = boring?

TMH

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi people.

It's friday again and this weekend will be a good one. I intend not to over do it like I did last weekend. I cant believe I only ended my relationship a week ago. It seems like a century ago.

But no excuse this time
                      Be strong-

Comment

September Mod Squad

yep, it's friday. i was AF all week. it's fairly easy til it gets to thursday.
                        is it bad that i woke up this morning and my 3rd thought(after coffee and day planning)was "yay, i get to have a drink tonight?"

of course, on Monday morning, my thought was "looking forward to being AF tonight"

so, i think i'm a little bit of an obsessive type thinker and hope that this doesn't indicate a "problem"

anyway, i'm still not happy that because I'm AF during the week, i REALLLLLLY look forward to a drink on fridays. I used to not have that craving come friday. so, i may have to tweak my AF days.
                        i'm going to continue on like this for now, M-TH =AF fri,sat,sun - moderation.
                        but i may have to allow 1 glass of wine on a tuesday or something eventually just to curb it a little so that friday i don't over do it because of my excitement!
                        however, i really like having more AF days in a week than AL days.
                        we'll see. as i've said before, "work in progress".

so, have a great weekend

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Modders
                          TMH, does this new development get in the way of your retirement fun? Or is it good to visit family and all?
                          Rebirth, I like how you said this weekend will be a good one. We can make things how we want. Was it just a week? Or, it was a week when he got his stuff, right? What are you doing this weekend to make things fun?
                          LGL, I think you are doing great, really!
                          Today is a beautiful fall day. I am sending out apps, emails, and sort of learning how to find a job, talking to other people about what to include, etc. Too much time on my hands! I hate that! But I have had too little, just fairly recently, and that is bad too! In a little bit, I will water my hydrangeas, then library, then send another app....I really should be enjoying this. I really should learn to be calm and patient.
                          This will be a good weekend for me, too!
                          L

Comment

September Mod Squad

wow, my last post was a little rambling...
                            i guess i was just thrilled it was friday!

had a nice evening with 2 drinks last night. i was actually kinda loopy after the first one, which was weird.

anyway, i am researching dogs, my husband and son want a dog so badly. i don't want one at all, but i feel obligated to let them have one. we had an Australian shepherd for 13 years, she died 6 years ago. I loved her very much, but i am fine without having another one. i don't want the dog hair, the poop and pee, the barking, the eating the garbage, the responsibility, etc...
                            but like i said, i feel obligated.

anyway, my hubby only wants another aussie. i would like just a small dog, like a yorkie. not a tiny yorkie, but a large one, like 12 pounds. my sister has 2 yorkies, one is tiny and the other is large. she says that it's hard to find a big yorkie cause they breed them small on purpose. anyway, my hubby doesn't want a little dog.
                            so, i've been looking at aussiedoodles. australian shepherd/poodle mix. they are less-shedding dogs and we'd still get a little of the aussie.
                            i've also looked at portuguese water dogs.
                            i know i'd skip the potty training if we got an older dog, but i don't want them to miss out on the puppy-ness.
                            so, anyone on here a dog lover. got any ideas?

Comment

September Mod Squad

LGL, I would look into rescues. Most breeds have rescues. I got my dog on Petfinder.com. He is great. I could not have trained a dog, and I think they are so happy to be rescued.
                              Don't get one from a pet shop, the industry is terrible!
                              I once got a dog from a breeder, they didn't tell me she was such an insufferable yipper. I ended up giving her to a family member a few years later, it is a much better fit.
                              L

Comment

September Mod Squad

Good weekend everybody? Mine was a bit strange in that instead of normal Friday night Happy Hour and dinner with other people we chose to have a "date" at home. The date turned into more alcohol than normal. ops: Meant yest was totally AF - today 2 gl of wine. So all in all it equals out, however, prefer moderation all 3 nites.

Lila - as far as travel back home, want to take advantage of seeing family, yet if I'm just stuck in a hotel room while dh out working I'd rather stay down here! It's an opportunity to connect with son & grandkids. We plan to skype sd and gd tomorrow night - can discuss if they're in MN or going to WI this year for Thanksgiving. Thought of you tonite, Lila, when I took some Iphone pics off lanai. Oh, and driving by this couple's house we recently played golf with - lemon tree in backyard. It's still pretty hot in FL (low 90's), that should change in about 2 weeks to cooler temps; hear Oct is beautiful altho still in hurricane season. I check temps up your way, been pretty nice, right?

LGL - good luck with your dog search. Not a dog person so no advice. I also think you're doing great!

Rebirth - how are you? Hope this weekend was better.

TMH

Comment

Working...
                                X