September Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Mod Squad

Hi Lila. Guess we're talking to each other.

Hope the meds are making you feel less anxious, happier. Happy to say had a very successful Friday eve. Happy Hour started with a NA beer. Then 1 glass of chardonnay with dinner. Came home before dark, sat on lanai and had 1 more chardonnay and went to bed. Feel great today!

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi TMH,
      I hope you don't go away too! I think everyone will find their way back.
      I do feel calmer, it has been two days. And happier.
      Last night, I had 4 glasses of wine, a bit much, but I wasn't doing anything, and nobody was around. So that is my trigger.
      You sound like you had a perfect evening, sounds so peaceful - I do like a glass of wine before bed, too.
      L

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi y'all!
        sorry my computer was sick! stupid virus. i just want to kick the crazy people that sit around and create computer viruses! ugh.

anyway, TMH, you sound like me last year, and the year before. I was ready to mod, but I was having a hard time breaking the every night habit. even if it was just one glass of wine, I just had a difficult time going AF. I did that for a while, which, actually I believed help me this time around when I decided to REALLY do it. I was already "modding" really, I just had that "habit". it wasn't really craving or anything, just habit. So this time, I really tried harder. I just knew i didn't want to have that habit.
        I know how progressive this can be, and if i wasn't careful, it would be 2-3 glasses a night before too long.
        so, I get where you're coming from lately. I think you're doing fine, if that's where you want to be, ya know?

Lila, one of my triggers is home by myself too. I love to curl up on the couch with the remote and a glass of wine when i'm by myself. I had to really try hard this past week when my hubby was gone 3 of the 4 week nights!! I did have ONE night where I had 1.5 glasses of wine. But the other two were AF. but they were not easy! LOL

I had a good weekend. played some tennis, spent Saturday at the lake with my son's scout troop, had a nice dinner out last night with friends for Italian, and a couple of glasses of red wine.
        ready to start my AF week! NO AL Mon-Thurs this week!!! not allowing it. I allowed one day during the week last week AND the week before. I know that can turn into a habit, then who knows, I could be back to every night again before I know it, and I"M NOT GOING THERE! LOL

so i'm putting it here.

have a great day!!

Comment

September Mod Squad

LGL, that will be my next goal, going a day without. I feel like I am on the line between healthy and a little too much.
          TMH, sounds like you are doing great! Are you near the ocean? I forgot if I asked....?
          I had a great weekend. My daughter and I went shopping, that was so fun! Still waiting for a job call, nothing yet! But I am just going to focus on enjoying myself, getting centered, and doing my homework, which I keep putting off. THat's the problem with too much time, you don't do anything!

Comment

September Mod Squad

We often hear what a small world it is. This a.m. I went to a Women's Bible Study. 3 of us, will have more participants come October when seasonal people are back I'm told. This was my 1st time going. One lady excused herself for a phone call. At end of study, she shared it was her 37 yo old alcoholic son calling who was entering treatment today, the last chance county is going to give him, exactly where I just moved from. Out of the whole U.S.......The facililitator of the group is wonderful, and I see her up at Happy Hour every Fri nite with a glass of wine. Just like moi. Reminds me it is not a sin to drink, drunkeness is. Sorry, not on any soapbox, after all, I'm last person who should judge.

LGL - hey, good to see you! Your post hit home. Like you, I can do this. I do not want to drink every night. Today I will be AF!!!!!! "so I'm putting it here"

Lila - Good plan, dear. It's true about time. I got my 4 mile walk in, I need to do some weight work and stretching and then get to make my weekly call to my Canadian daughter, see how everyone is. My dd has been gone for 20 yrs. We see each other more now as who cares to travel to midwest or Canada, FL yes! No offense anyone! No, we are more inland, about 45 min-1hr away from ocean.

Shout out to Rebirth, Eve. Would love to hear from you! Have a Marvelous Monday, everyone!
            TMH

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Modders
              Just a quick hello before I drive my daughter to school. I really feel so much better, the ADs really were a good idea. I am using my time as constructively as I can, being productive, being good to myself, and wearing cute clothes!
              TMH, interesting observation, and about the parent/child thing! Maybe drunkenness is considered sinful because it takes away one's life experience? well, and a lot more....
              happy Tuesday everyone!
              L

Comment

September Mod Squad

This modder (good news) had an AF night. The not-so-good news is that I couldn't sleep. Hate that. So played golf thinking I'd be more on top of my game - not so much. Very hot this afternoon so got more steps in by using TM at Fitness Center - walked 2 miles. Know I need to make up my mind about tonite so finally I have. Dh is at a board mtg; if he calls and asks me to come up and have a drink, I will. If he just comes home, I'll make it another AF night and this time take some benadryl, sleepy time tea, etc. All in all a pretty good Tues!

TMH

Comment

September Mod Squad

Well, we all used to be able to sleep without a glass of wine! But I know, glass of wine before bed is a nice knock out. Tuesday, I went up to my full dosage of the AD, so I was tired. I fell asleep no problem. Now here I am awake at 4 am! (My first day on the AD half dose I was tired, then started feeling good).
                  It is hard for me - it is just that habit, that is how I end the day with a glass or two of wine. Coffee in the morning, wine at night. I do think that anxiety might have been why I drank more. Maybe I will get sparkly water and dilute my wine? I don't want to give up my soothing routines, you know!
                  Great that you are walking, that is the best exercise!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi all,
                    It's great when life gets busy because then I have no time to think about drinking. Helping the teens with schoolwork and getting up early for sports for one and driving them after school for sports and events keeps me from having even one as there is no time to sit and relax and do that. Starting school back up tomorrow and then can't have a foggy brain with research and writing so it makes staying AF quite easy. Then I truly enjoy my 2 drinks on Saturday and sometimes Friday and then it's back to the daily grind of too much to do to drink.
                    Gang, I have never gotten into the pattern of a drink at night to relax (on a work night) as I've read too much about how it interferes with sleep.
                    Because of alcohol's sedating effect, many people with insomnia consume alcohol to promote sleep. However, alcohol consumed within an hour of bedtime appears to disrupt the second half of the sleep period. The subject may sleep fitfully during the second half of sleep, awakening from dreams and returning to sleep with difficulty. With continued consumption just before bedtime, alcohol's sleep-inducing effect may decrease, while its disruptive effects continue or increase. This sleep disruption may lead to daytime fatigue and sleepiness. The elderly are at particular risk, because they achieve higher levels of alcohol in the blood and brain than do younger persons after consuming an equivalent dose. Bedtime alcohol consumption among older persons may lead to unsteadiness if walking is attempted during the night, with increased risk of falls and injuries
                    Go to: Alcohol and Sleep - Drinking Alcohol and Sleep for more info. Just saying!
                    Have a good rest of the week everyone and will *see* you all soon.
                    :lHugs,
                    Eve
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Eve
                      Nice to see you! School is starting now? That is late, I started a few weeks ago. I love school, pretty much! And yes, you need a clear head.
                      My kids have been in sports, on and off. It really does keep you busy! Too busy, I think!
                      That is an interesting point about sleep. THanks for the link. That has happened to me, the lying awake on an AF night. But trazodone or 5 htp really really helps. For me, it is a habit. So that's why I am thinking sparkling water, too.
                      Well, I just got an email - I "qualify" for the position I want, that will give me experence I want - they may call me for an interview. Yikes! And I have gotten so used to doing nothing. Really - I can't even do homework, there isn't enough busy-ness in my day. A very good thing, that email!!!
                      And a beautiful sunny day outside.
                      happy wed!
                      L

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Lila, Rebirth, TMH, LGL, Eve, everyone! I am working again on AF. I was doing well at moderation for a while and then I saw my old habit creeping in, so have decided to give it another go. I hope you are all doing well! I'll check in from time to time and let you know how the AF is going for me.

Comment

September Mod Squad

AF is a great goal, 4me, thanks for checking in.
                          hey Bean, if you are around, check in with us, too!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hey all, good to see more of you around. Things are going well in my part of the world. I do want to clarify my lack of sleep issue. I get it - that alcohol causes bad sleep patterns, etc. I, too, have never used alcohol in order to sleep. Never has occurred to me just like drinking in the a.m. never occurs to me. That isn't why I like my wine in the evening; it's a ok, now it's cocktail hour, let's have 1 or 2, discuss our day, have dinner and get on with our evening. Can continue that very okay ritual without it involving wine everyday and that is what I'm working on. I don't know how long it takes of being AF before your sleep gets wonderful. It never happened to me; I was exhausted at the end of 2 weeks. Someday I'll go AF for a longer period to discover that. In fact, something to look forward to?

4me - yes, please stop by to let us know how you are doing. I'm sure you will do great!

Eve - your life sounds like my daughter's. School, work, kids' sports, lost one driver in family as gd went off to University so it becomes quite the juggling act compounded by fact that they built a house in the country. Sounds like you rather enjoy it - maybe you could write a book Too Busy Not To Drink. Kiddin' you. Hope you drop by to see us often! We need you.

Hi Lila! Make it another great day!

TMH

Comment

September Mod Squad

TMH, 5hpt works great for sleep. Horrible with alcohol, though.
                              Well, I have two sick kiddos today. I am going to run to the store for soda and veggie chips for them. Lucky I don't have a job, at least today! ha!
                              I think with my ADs, and that I really am feeling better - I tend to have a panic response to everything that is NOT helpful, in fact it is so counterproductive! - I want to do a firm goal of one glass a night.
                              Well, today I am going to do homework, houework, take a walk, make a therapy appointment and then count my blessings!

Comment

September Mod Squad

really, I came here at the beginning of summer all panicky and exhausted, I feel like I am slowly getting to a healthier place. a good thing. and i have better clothes!! (did some shopping, even feel more inspired to dress cute!)
                                happy thursday everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X