Focus on Fitness/More AF Days in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Eve, I appreciate your support. And yes, you hit it on the head when you used the word "angry". We talked to ex DIL last night, got nowhere, she's not budging. Are you a teacher? If so, probably see similar situations all the time. Am happy month is going well for you.

I often think of Rebirth too. Feel she had a lot of good things going for her and a lot to share. Miss you, Rebirth! LGL - would love to know how you are doing also! I know there are some who pop in mod thread and discover it does not work for them. Let's keep on trying!

AF Feb 4
    TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

hi all
      is this the new main thread? are we all just modding and toned up, too? sounds good.
      TMH, awful! what is with her?
      eve, my trigger is not doing something. i had a few days last week when i was busier, and suddenly i noticed it was bedtime, and i hadn't had a drink. then i wake up happier.
      b-45, that sounds so great.
      mm, hope you are having a great vacation!
      have to run!
      L

Comment

Upped my run/walk to 5 miles today. Felt pretty good. Then I did 4 segments (24 min) of a Tracey Mallet Sexy in 6 DVD.

Going to go on with day as though I'll be seeing my son and grandsons tonite. Plan now is for him to take a later flight today so that he does not take them out of school for 1/2 day, of course, that results $150 extra charges and an 11:30p arrival rather than 5:30p. Ugh! Dependent upon if there are 3 seats available on plane too.

Son/I talked this a.m. and we will not allow her to steal our joy. Hence, making it a good day. Hope you all do too!

TMH

Comment

ToMyHealth;1259212 wrote:
          Son/I talked this a.m. and we will not allow her to steal our joy. Hence, making it a good day. Hope you all do too!
          When people like that enter my life, I meditate on this saying and think it applies to you as well: Every relationship can be a lesson in self-worth. The person who is the hardest to forgive is the one who can teach you the greatest lessons.
          :l
          Eve11
          p.s. In answer to your question, I am a nurse. Lots of interaction with families like teachers have though, that's for sure.
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everybody. Super Bowl party managed to last a couple of extra days so my AF goal now for Feb has been revised to 18 days, and I'll take that if I can get it. Rounding into pretty good shape weighed 164.2 today after beach run. Absolutely stellar weather is supposed to change a little the next couple of days. Might have to switch to the stationary bike if it rains.

Congrats to all and keep posting, helps stay the course and I enjoy hearing how everyone is doing.

Be Well! B-45

Comment

What a whirlwind ~ but they're here! They got the last 3 seats on plane. Got them from airport to here at 1:30a. Yest son & I played golf, then we all met for lunch. Took the kids to pool in afternoon. This a.m. up bright & early as dh arranged a half day fishing trip for them. We'll celebrate oldest gs b.d. (will soon be 8) tonite with a fish dinner.

Eve - love that quote! Printed it out and going on bulletin board - will take deep breaths & read when necessary.

Balboa - Wt is good despite the extended Super Bowl Party! Going out for a run myself in a bit. Clearing up nicely and forecast said 80% chance of rain. We were even worried about fishing trip being canceled. How long do you stay on bike? Takes a lot of time to equal calories burned running, don't you think? Uses different muscles though and that's a good thing.

Better get going if I'm going to get a workout in and then bake a b.d. cake.

TMH
              AF Days Feb 5

Comment

Hi everyone,
                Hope all is going well. I just got back from Key West yesterday. It was beautiful and we had a great time. The homes down there are beautiful. Very New Orleans like. Had great weather except for Wed. where it was overcast all day and around 71. The other days were sunny and around 80. I would definitely go back and I don't say that lightly. We like to travel to different places and rarely revisit an area, but I would go back there.

Well, I started off with good intentions. Tried to find healthy things to eat but it was very difficult. Couldn't find a bowl of cereal with skim milk if my life depended on it. So it all went downhill rapidly. I had lost 6lbs before I left and I put 5 back on. I am so mad at myself. Ate and ate and ate and did way more drinking than I wanted to. Plus was drinking margaritas and martinis which I never drink. Why or why? It took me 5 weeks to lose that weight and I am right back to where I started from. How do people do it? How do you go on vacation and not put weight on. We did not have a car down there and we walked everywhere and worked out in the gym one day. But I guess I was putting more in than I was putting out. But on the other hand I don't want to regret going on vacation and having a good time. I never had a hangover so I at least kept to one of my goals. I can't believe I was swimming in the ocean 2 days ago and I awoke this morning to falling snow.

TMH, I was reading back and saw your troubles about your grandkids. I am so happy for you that they were able to come after all. Have fun with them and enjoy your weekend.

Ok, back on the horse. MM
                "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

oh, mm! don't be so hard on yourself! You had a vacation! I would soooo love a vacation.
                  i am surprised about the weight gain, though. maybe it is just water weight? Besides, what if you are gaining muscle, which weights a lot?

i almost went to the gym but then felt strangely self-conscious. I hate that! why am i like this?? then i had to pick up my kids, and so i didn't work out today. but i did a little bit yesterday.

Comment

Hi Lila,
                    Yea, I think you are right about the water gain. My weight is settling out now and it looks like I gained 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. I do swell up when I fly. So I can accept that weight gain.

Why do you feel self conscious in the gym? You should feel proud that you are doing something healthy for yourself. I have been going to the gym for a very long time and I have formed relationships with others there and we have a type of connection. We are all in different shapes but have a respect for one another because we have the same goals. You should never feel self conscious. Keep trying. You will feel so good that you did.
                    MM

Comment

oh, thanks, mm. it is not how i look, more just going somewhere alone, sometimes i feel self conscious. i get moody sometimes.
                      i do feel a benefit, especially in my mood when i work out a lot.
                      and good - i knew you didn't gain 5 pounds!

Comment

Quick c/i. Weekend was great! Son stayed on the wagon, we had a couple Fri & Sat nites, nothing last nite. Like he said "at least you have a plan". Kids had a great time although I'm sure they are going to be a couple tired, crabby children tonite. For Mommy. Ok, I'm sorry if that's small but you don't know the half of it. Just glad they got here.

MM - Even though all I drink on a plane is water, I get so bloated, shoes start killing me. See? You just had water weight. So glad you had fun at Key West. We'll make a trip that direction someday.

Lila - agree with MM; no one notices whether you're alone, esp at the gym. That's such an individual thing. I do a lot of stuff alone. Heck, before dh retired I used to go play golf by myself. And enjoyed it. But then I've always liked my own company, have always been one to need "alone" time. I used to even go up to Happy Hour by myself. Was always embraced by others, couples & singles. And find myself doing the same when I see my neighbor venturing in there on a Fri eve by herself. I admire that! Know it can be tough sometimes but the more you do it, the easier it should get.

No w/o today. This is one tired Grandma!

TMH
                        AF Days Feb 6 ( I think, seems like should be more) - things are going well so doesn't seem so important, then again, maybe because I'm trying to do better by keeping track it is better. Will think about it.

Comment

Re: The Fitness part - yest did a brisk 4 mile walk and biked 10 miles outdoors. Went out for Valentine's dinner, ate too much, but thank goodness I had a good 2 hr workout done. Enjoyed 2 glasses of merlot.

Where is everybody? Talking to myself here.

TMH

Comment

Wow, you rock TMH. 10 mile bike ride, awesome! I'm a big baby when it comes to bike riding. I'm always afraid I'm going to get hit by a car. Roads are very curvy around here. I would have to transport a bike closer to the city to get on a bike trail. None around here. Oh, I should mention, I don't even have a bike. LOL.

I've been around but really don't have any new news. Doing my thing and back on schedule, thank goodness. Back down to prevacation weight. Have to go to PA for a shower this weekend. That will prove challenging once again. I know the food will not be all that healthy but I will not drink while I am there. Parties are one of my triggers so I will abstain. Yea, it's been quiet around here.
                            MM

Comment

MM,
                              Vacations have always been difficult for me too. I like to stick to no more than 7 drinks in a week and no more than 4 nights (I usually only do Fri and Sat) but vacations kill those plans as it is so hard to not drink nightly. Sometimes I will not beat myself up too badly when I follow Moderation Managements more liberal guideline of 9 drinks per week for women. We have a great place we go to (one vacation spot in CA) and it is impossible not to have 1-2 drinks every night. So, I guess we (modders) just have to face the fact that there are those times that we are not going to stick to our plan 100% but as long as we can get back on track when we're back in our routine then not too much harm done. So much of that weight gain stuff is water retention. Margaritas and salt and water weight gain. It will probably come off very easily so don't let it get you down. The good part...no hangover!! I really want to continue to function that way in the mod world that I never overdo it where I am really paying the next day with a H.O.! I have really learned that my limit (for me) is 2 and if I venture for a third I will likely feel it the next day. If I go over that, I am in total H.O. hades.

I am lucky that I don't crave AL nightly although there are some times that randomly occur where I think a glass of wine would be nice. That is where this board comes in to help me as I feel accountable to the group to try my best to maintain my goals. Last night a glass of red sounded so nice but then I realized I would be over my limit for the week and I didn't like that thought. Had an odd week where we drank on Monday (an event) and Tues was Valentine's so that was 2 nights on week-nights which I normally don't do. Anyway, didn't want to imbibe 5 nights this week so thinking about posting and sharing gave me the strength to just say no. I had an arnold palmer instead (1/2 lemonade and 1/2 ice tea) and the craving went away. These cravings do eventually pass so if one can just drink something non-al or do some diversional activity, it's usually o.k.

On a fitness note, I have been dressing up for the gym the last 2 days and have not gotten there so I need to push myself today.
                              Have a good day everyone.
                              :l
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi guys. Been an unusual week for me too. Last night was invited to a nuptial celebration, very nice party and yes even though a Thursday night enjoyed 2 gl of wine, got a 3rd but spilled it. Godsend? Tables were pushed together and I placed glass on the crack (covered by tablecloth). DH shared his so technically I had 2.5 glasses. Feel fine today.

MM - I felt the same as you when I biked back in midwest. We had wonderful jogging, biking paths off the road but you'd have to cross side streets where cars sped up to a stop sign but so often they would pull right up not seeing you. Here I bike mostly on 9.5 miles of pathways. I go in the street at end of development, very, very little traffic there. Happy to see you right back at it after vaca.

Hi Eve! You remind me of me. Do you feel like a lightweight? Boy, it doesn't take much for me to go over that edge. Just recently tried the Arnold Palmer. Like it.

Wed I walked 3 miles and played 9 holes of golf. Yest I played 18 holes. Today I walked 3 miles and did about 1/2 hour of lifting weights, situps, donkey kicks, squats.

Well, last night dh made plans with 2 other couples to meet up at club for dinner tonite. These are fun people; one couple we've gotten in trouble drinking with a couple times (they're Irish); the other couple - the woman is a much slower drinker, in fact, has a coke inbetween her wines. So dilemma here. Rather than say well I drank last night I'm not going to do such tonite, I have decided to just treat it like a regular Friday night being sure to start out with a nonalcoholic drink. When I do that I can usually have 1 and another with dinner and stop. Eve and MM, do you see how being retired is like being on vacation all the time?

TMH

Comment

Working...
                                X