Focus on Fitness/More AF Days in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played 18 holes of golf this a.m. During witching hour rode bike outdoors for 5 miles, then did my handwritten routine, mostly UB exercises. Glass of almond milk with dinner. Yum!

Company left this a.m. Dh on his way to airport to p/u next set to include an 11 month old baby. Won't be surprised if next year we put on condo schedule "fake" busy weeks to give us a break inbetween. Mostly all good, like someone said down here about company - good to see them come and good to see them go. LOL

Hope everyone had a nice Thursday and a wonderful AF evening if that was your plan.

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

hi all
      i am tired and busy, and feeling like i should do more, should be more organized, together, more extroverted, etc, etc,
      ugh! so glad tomorrow is friday! i really am enjoying school, but today just felt bad about myself. One of those days, which i have from time to time. And have been too tired to go to the gym.
      well, just checking in. don't have much to say, just hope everyone is doing good, not sure what the difference is between building and firming muscles but sounds good!
      someday, i want to really build muscles. first i have to work on my posture, i guess. where is everyone else with that? anyone weight training?
      night!
      L

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Happy Friday! What are everyone's plans for the weekend. Nothing much doing here. Hubby may have to work tomorrow. Ugg. Don't like that but it's supposed to be cold and windy here so wouldn't do much anyway. We may go to the Humane Society to look at dogs on Sunday. I grew up with them but my hubby and I never had one. Now that most of the boys are gone I am considering getting one. But we do want to travel and I am worried about being saddled with one. Something to think about. I absolutely will not get one if I am unsure. It's so not fair to the poor doggy.

To answer your question Lila about building muscle. I used to be quite the gym rat. Oh, about 8 years ago, I had put on 15 lbs. of muscle and was actually in a weight lifting competition. I won but it was bittersweet. I was the only female that showed up. :H It takes much time and discipline. It is very difficult for a female to build muscle. You really need to do a lot of heavy lifting and it should be done with free weights. It's much more difficult to build muscle on the machines. I would ask random people in the gym to be my spotter when I was lifting really heavy so I wouldn't hurt myself. I no longer lift like that. I was beginning to feel pain in my shoulders and joints. Now I do the elliptical and I still do weight training but on the machines. My goal these days is to stay firm and keep some muscle on but not be so built up like I once was. It really takes more discipline than I want to do these days. But the more muscle you put on the more calories you burn around the clock. Plus it is great for slowing down bone loss. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Plus I would drink a lot of protein shakes as well. I was taking creatine (for muscle building) but stopped that as well.

Have a great weekend everyone.
        MM
        "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

hey all - on sofa and in my onesie - just had pork burrito and have treated self to new underwear and bubble bath. I have been af all week and have a cold - have some wine chilling in the fridge but not sure that I fancy it. I feel good being af but it's like a huge weight has been lifted knowing that I can have a glass of wine if I fancy it.

I cycled to work today but no gym tonight - weighed myself today and haven't put on any weight in last 2 weeks despite lack of exercise. I plan to do gentle gym workout tomorrow and steam/sauna and same again on Sunday.

I'm nervous and excited - there is enough wine left in a bottle for a small glass of white wine - but i still looked for the other bottle. Mind you i suppose i did say 2 glasses was ok. I don't want to over analyse.

Have a happy AF or moderate evening - whatever you are doing tonight.
          one day at a time

Comment

Have company, had some drinks last night and will again tonite. Hard to get workouts in, took them to beach today and did walk on the beach for a bit. Felt great. Yesterday we went for walk, took the baby to the park.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

TMH

Comment

hey all - had 2 drinks over limit - about 4. So not great - but not awful - deliberately gave rest of wine away to friend.I will make sure next time at a 'bring your own' do that I only take the one glass sized bottles.

Not going to stress about it at this point - giving myself three months.

No booze today as had bit too much last night and I am at work tomorrow.Today helping out at our team's newbie rollerderby bout, yay!

How long did it take you to successfully get modding?
              one day at a time

Comment

Went over my limit yesterday too. Had 3 glasses of wine. I was doing well and had started dinner and put my glass down but then got a phone call from a friend. That has always been a big trigger for me. Poured myself that 3rd while talking. Big no no. Plus I made pizza last night which is another huge food trigger for me. I always put tons of veggies on with a little bit of cheese. Well, after that 3rd glass of wine the munchies kicked in and I ate and ate and ate all night long. So now the scale hates me today. But I know I will lose it but I must watch myself and be cautious of those triggers. Went to the gym today and did 45 min of cardio.

Bear, I don't know that I can answer that question for you. I was never a huge drinker and would really only drink too much at social gatherings. But not all the time either. I guess if going over for me is 3 glasses of wine, I don't know that I can complain too much. I was never one to drink in the morning or hide my wine or anything like that. I just know what my triggers are need to stay vigilant. You did well in stopping and giving your wine away. What did you mean by giving yourself 3 months? Are you looking at going AF if you become unhappy with your modding? You need to do what you need to do and what gives you peace.

Happy Sunday everyone. Going to look at dogs today. Yikes! Am I crazy?
                MM

Comment

Hi! Doing just fine here. Company treated us to dinner last night which included one gl of draft beer. That made 2 drinks for day.

Interesting question you ask, Bear. I'd have to answer that most of us are a work in progress. Sometimes we do just fine; other times we slip back into having more than we plan to on one day or drink more days than we plan to. Being cognizant of it, however, makes for overall a lot less alcohol consumed than before we made that plan. Does that make sense?

MM - Like you, I never drank in the a.m. & except for the occasional beer playing golf in afternoon, not during the day. Never hid bottles, never gave a 2nd thought to recycling bin, never sneaked drinks, never thought about I must smell like alcohol because I drank the night before. Huh? To answer your question - yes.

Walked 2.3 miles and off to play 9 holes of golf. Made a lasagna for dinner and a b.d. cake for gd, soon to be 1 yo.

TMH

Comment

TMH, I'm assuming you answered yes to my dog question. :H I know. I just can't decide if it is really right for me. I know my hubby does not want one and he is really holding me back on the decision. I know if I was alone I would have a dog. Guess I can't get rid of hubby, huh? :H We did go down and look at them but I guess I will hold off and think about it a little longer. It's just so sad seeing them in the cages and they just look at you begging to go home with you. :upset:
                    Interesting question you ask, Bear. I'd have to answer that most of us are a work in progress. Sometimes we do just fine; other times we slip back into having more than we plan to on one day or drink more days than we plan to. Being cognizant of it, however, makes for overall a lot less alcohol consumed than before we made that plan. Does that make sense?
                    I agree with you on this statement. I kind of meant that but you said it better.
                    MM

Comment

MM - kind of teasing you; keep in mind I'm not a dog person, feel why would you want to complicate your life that way. LOL My brother always has 2 poodles, he trains them to be very well behaved and those are about the only dogs I like. He volunteers at Humane Society and recently adopted a big dog, golden retriever I think, have no time for it. FWIW, that dog does not like me either! When we visit my dd, she has 2 obnoxious dogs, 2 cats, some kind of lizard, I tease her about the mini zoo.

How's everyone doing? Went out for dinner last night, our company ordered drinks, I had O'Doul's (NA beer) and was perfectly happy. Need to get back to more exercise, hard when entertaining. Played 18 holes of golf today and that's not nearly enough exercise, however, am very tired. Maybe a little rest & will get out later today.
                      TMH

Comment

Hey thanks for replies - yes I meant I will give myself 3 months to mod ' properly' and if I can't manage it then think I will need to go AF...maybe 3 months isn't very long.I just don't want to limp away getting drunk every weekend and kid myself,wasting weekends hungover and tired and jittery.

Last Sunday I felt ill all day and tired - big contrast to being af and having lots of energy/feeling refreshed/early morning starts.I am AF in the week and enjoying that - I am looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine on Friday as a treat.

I have never been an am drinker/secretive about what I drink - my problem is I drank far too much socially for far too long. In between AF periods over the last few years I have cut out mid week drinking (I could easily drink 4 pints a night or a bottle of wine), I have also been unsuccessful several times at modding. I feel my depression/weight problems got a lot worse because of my heavy social drinking - 40+ units every week on average. It also kept me smoking for a long time even tho i wanted to quit. I think it also kept me 'stuck' and not making most of free time/hanging onto failed relationships etc etc. It was a grown up's dummy!

Anyway - I like the freedom to be able to have a couple of glasses at the weekend - it has taken a lot of anxiety/tension away from me. I just need to be really honest with myself. Otherwise I am eating a lot more fruit and veg/more protein and I am cycling to work every day that I can. I plan to hit the gym after work tomorrow and am going to skating training on Thursday.
                        one day at a time

Comment

Hi Gang,
                          Been busy spring cleaning my house the last 3 days. Oh how I hate spring cleaning but it feels good that it's done and I can log that activity into my daily calorie and activity log. Plus I've been killing it at the gym lately. I am down again with one more pound to go to reach my 7 lb goal loss. But I have been yo yoing way too much. The weekends are killing me. I want to be able to have my few glasses of wine on the weekends but I don't know how to prevent those munchies from coming along and sabotaging all that I accomplished during the week. I really don't want to give up my wine on the weekends but don't know what to do. It's not the wine that puts the calories on, it's the eating. I end up putting a couple of lbs on and then having to start all over again on Monday. Very frustrating and not fair. I have cut back so much on my AL consumption. How do you keep your weight down TMH?

Comment

Good morning! Waking up to another day in paradise. We are having unusually hot weather for this time of year. No wonder I had so much energy yesterday. Way back when I didn't have AC, living in midwest and we'd get a 90+ deg day with high humidity - well, that would be the day I'd tackle the closets, etc. Everyone else seemed to wilt. Yesterday I walked 4 miles, biked 10 miles, and did my half hour handwritten wt lifting w/o.

MM - I don't keep my wt down. Esp with all this company. Yest I logged 19.1K steps. I find using a digiwalker helps a lot. If I get less than 14K steps I'll gain wt. I mean 115 at 5'4" should be good but I'm definitely heavy - at least for my clothes to fit well. How can 3# make such a difference! I hear you on the getting wt down only to gain it back on the weekends. Frustrating!

I'll let someone else start off March. Where is everybody? Doing well, I hope!

TMH

Comment

MM,
                              I know what you mean! I experience the munchies too much to when I drink. I have a relative who drinks WAY too much - a bottle of wine a night, yet she manages to stay 102 or so and she is mid 50's. Has to have a high metabolism is all I can say. Have to say you gals inspired me to hit the gym today so that was good.
                              TMH-I don't think 115 at 5'4" is heavy at all but then everyone has different bone structure. Sounds like a great weight to me though.
                              :l
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

ToMyHealth

:goodjob:[QUOTE=ToMyHealth;1254269]Alright ~ new month, new goals? My goal this month is to be AF on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Should I obtain that goal and drink every allowable day, it will total 17 AF days for Feb. It would be great if I do even better than 17, but at least 17 is better than last month.

My wt loss goal is to get in the 113's. This a.m. 114.6. Sounds like so little but the closer you get to goal wt the tougher it is.

Anyone joining me?

You're 17 days better than last month. Great.
                                I would love to join you. In the past I had drinking days and non-drinking days. That was long ago. I had a 7 year abstaining but slowly drifted back into drinking too much. I'll try not drinking tomorow. That is one of your days. I'll let you know how I do.
                                I have been on this site about a month. I apparently am not doing something right. I have had about three replies. I need more than that to feel like I'm getting some encouragement. I must be posting incorrectly.
                                Anyway, I'll let you know Fri. morning if I did well on THur.

Aison

Comment

Working...
                                X