Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Mod Squad

HI, LG,

Don't worry, you are well prepared for your presentation, the drive will go without a hitch, and you'll come back so happy that it went well that you'll be wondering why you even worried about it at all. I'm confident you're going to WOW everyone that sees the presentation.

As you know, a few drinks won't make anything better. Remember the Nike slogan: Just do it. Also, if you need to, remember that each person in the audience woke much like you did...a little sleepy, and had to put their feet on the floor to get out of bed. Most of them showered (!) and dressed one item at a time, just like the rest of us. They also probably wish they were as intelligent as you.

GO GET EM GIRL!

D

PS: BondGirl...sorry I didn't remember you're a "S"he! Your name is the giveaway, but I forgot when I wrote the post that got under a certain members' skin!
    Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
    When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

October Mod Squad

Bf started an argument with me because he was irritable, yet he claims that's not the reason. Yelling and making a complete fool out of myself for the past hour or so, now crying... he probably picked a fight because he doesn't want to go tomorrow. Now, I realize I may have to travel the five hour trip alone goddamnit. I fking hate how I'm feeling right now.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

October Mod Squad

LG,

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear me! (wringing hands!) I am so sorry you are going through all this uproar.
        No matter what happens, you are a COMPETENT woman and you will handle WHATEVER comes your way. Gracefully, too.
        And you are giving the presentation because those people want to hear what YOU have to say...not what I have to say, or Mr. Obama has to say, but what YOU have to say.
        Sending you good thoughts that the remainder of the evening will be tranquil and you will have a calm trip tomorrow, solo if need be, with company & doggies if that works out... FF
        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

October Mod Squad

Bond Girl,

Welcome to this thread! We try to encourage each other in our daily ups and downs...let us know what is going on with you...FF
          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

October Mod Squad

DfromCT,

Sorry to hear about the not-so-good situation on the job front...good luck with keeping your ear to the ground. I will send good thoughts your way that maybe something better will turn up...especially now that larger quarters would be nice, what with the arrival of your twins...

Sending hopeful vibes in your direction...FF

Comment

October Mod Squad

Dancing Girl, Good to hear from you again! Have a great semester! FF

Comment

October Mod Squad

V, thanks for your kind thoughts about the service for my friend's sister and daughter. It was sad, but I was extremely pleased that I was able to go, as I had not had the opportunity to extend my sympathy personally before. Odd sometimes...the bittersweet contrast between beautiful October weather and the sorrow of the death of loved ones. And, good for us who are here, trying to make sure we stay healthy to enjoy this life as best we can. FF

Comment

October Mod Squad

LG- first off don't drink not tonight u need to be 100% tomorrow.... Is there any way for u to end the fight even if it means you swallowing pride, or letting him think he was all right and you were all wrong (even though that's surely not the case) be vounerable let him know how nervous you are and how much you need him?
                  And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hey not sure how many of you were checking in here when I posted about my baby sister and her SEVERE AL addiction and I went and costed her...... Well apparently it had some affect she finally went to her Dr ant an RX for Naltrexone and today is day 4 AF for her!!! I am sooooo happy
                    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

October Mod Squad

I'm better and thank you for reaching out...sorry to worry anyone. We have come to an agreement, and will be making the trip together tomorrow. I regret posting any and everything on here. I hope you all understand that I feel protected here and I trust you guys. I did have a few drinks tonight, but I will be going to bed soon, and I don't have my presentation until Thursday. I will have to drive/share the drive tomorrow, but I also don't have to leave here at the crack of dawn. Again, I'm sorry for letting it all hang out (AGAIN).

Sylvia Plath

Comment

October Mod Squad

Lg- this site can get pretty F'n boring hearing about how everyone feels about AL..... I like that we share in our little group and while I know others read our posts I do to still feel safer in here and not that I revel in your personal struggles but I like hearing about them and how you deal with them...... I think we all learn from eachothers experiences....

Comment

October Mod Squad

LG I'm so glad bf has decided to still go, you could use the moral support. Don't drink the night before or you'll get more anxious and fuddled with it. But just like FF said they are coming to hear your presentation and I think it's normal to be nervous about public speaking, most of us are but you've prepared for this and you will do great.

Comment

October Mod Squad

It's 7 am, and I'm getting ready for the trip. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday, and I'll check in later after I'm settled in Ga.

P.S. Other than being a little tired, I feel pretty good this morning.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

October Mod Squad

Have a safe trip LG!

Comment

October Mod Squad

Lg- be safe! Have fun! No arguing! Hope the pups don't have gas (been there done that)!

Let us know when you all have arrived safely!

Comment

Working...
                                X