April Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Mod Squad

Hi all and welcome Texas. hope your weekends are going good, mine certainly is.

Boy am I glad I chose to mod for Chelsea's great performance, went to work on Friday with such a smile on my face and I probably talked more at the meeting than anyone else with friendly banter and jokes along the way.

If I'd turned up for work with a hangover it would have been so different and I'd be clock watching all day, better still I stuck to 3 drinks again on a Friday and again feeling great today. There's more to life than hangovers and I can still drink on special occasions.

WHY has it taken so long for the penny to drop?
    It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

April Mod Squad

causes

The book I read (Heart of Addiction) helps a lot with alerting you to the causes of drinking long before you take a drink. Drinking is a way of controlling your inner mood, often a disastrous way. Once you start changing your life so that you feel more in control, you can handle things in healthier ways and don't need that release as much. I think binge drinking at least for some people is a symptom of not being able to manage stress and emotional problems, being out of control in your life. The mere thought of a drink helps make you feel better so the book helps you identify the times when you have that thought - he calls it the key moment - when you have more ability to think things through.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Have to share a typical day where I live. Played early golf today. Having lunch and some ladies come in all excited to report they heard quite the cheering from Hole #17 (par 3); think there may have been a Hole In One. There was, and, of course, that meant free drinks for everyone. Not one lady at our table of 12 turned it down. We joked how that would be rude. C'est la vie.

Then dh played with some guys who work here this afternoon. They always bet; he loses and he buys the beers. So got invited to join them up at local restaurant for $2 beer. It was old home night as we knew almost everyone who walked through the front door. Very, very fun time. We're constantly reminded this is so much like small town living.

Hi to everyone and welcome newcomers. Love your sharing where you're at and your many successes!

TMH
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

April Mod Squad

HI, Texas40. Welcome! I can honestly tell you that this place feels like home to me. Keep posting so we can get to know you!

Comment

April Mod Squad

nancy;1497822 wrote: The book I read (Heart of Addiction) helps a lot with alerting you to the causes of drinking long before you take a drink. Drinking is a way of controlling your inner mood, often a disastrous way. Once you start changing your life so that you feel more in control, you can handle things in healthier ways and don't need that release as much. I think binge drinking at least for some people is a symptom of not being able to manage stress and emotional problems, being out of control in your life. The mere thought of a drink helps make you feel better so the book helps you identify the times when you have that thought - he calls it the key moment - when you have more ability to think things through.
            Thanks nancy, I tried to get it through my library but they don't have it so I'm going to buy it online. It sounds like an interesting book and definitely worth reading.

Comment

Working...
            X