Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of 3rd day on road. Am very glad I decided not to be AF at this time. Way, way too stressful. 1st day was long, then yest we played golf at course the LPGA just played end of May. Dh played badly and is verbal about such, bad temper, etc. which cannot help but affect my game. Didn't help I beat him but...

Plan to hit Nashville tonight. Can't make up mind about Grand Ol' Oprey, not a huge country music fan. Will think on it during travels. Anyone been?

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

TMH, Have a great, safe trip! Never been but it's on my bucket list.

Comment

weight

My weight is now only 1 pound off, what I call my ceiling weight will be. I am sure I will lose that one pound and more during this week. My moderation methods have surprisingly all of a sudden come back to me. I will save that for another post...amazing!

j.

Comment

Things are better! Had a little heart-to-heart with dh apologizing for being an a-hole for a couple days. Started day in IA and still here. Drove 1 hr, played golf, drove 45 min. Say what? For a new course to us we did well. Dh shot a 90; I shot a 93. Don't think it is rated as difficult as our home course. Very green, hilly, pretty, but don't miss the GNATS in the midwest. Man, I thought they were going to carry us away! Bug spray saved the day as I'm allergic. Stink though.

Stewarts, glad your wt is down. Sitting all day most days, I'm even more up. Plus award is having a couple and food. Goal is 14k/day and even with golf I'm under 10k. July will be my time!

TMH

Comment

Hi. Have put down roots in MN. Staying in downstairs level of some friends. Trying to stay out of their way, be busy, do not expect them to wait on us, etc. took them out for very nice dinner last night. Tonite we are going to my son's. Tomorrow i'll get in car with him, gf, 2 grandsons and ride 5-6 hrs to northern MN. Friend here loaned me her down jacket, cap & gloves. Yes, it is that cold.

Yest we walk/ran 3 mi. Today I was by myself & just walked briskly for 3 mi. On a trail which is nice but I fear stray dogs. Comes from being a runner for so many years and getting bitten. 120 situps, stretch & off to buy some groceries.

Am drinking but nothing overboard. Last night was 2. Kind of looking forward to when I won't be.

TMH

Comment

I hit my weight goal. Let's go to the next one.

Comment

Congrats, Stewarts, Personally? Have no idea what I weigh but getting dressed this a.m. I felt lighter. Posted yest but lost it. Ugh! Weekend was great with gkids but cold & rainy. Played War, fished off dock, didn't catch a thing but donated $33 to MN DNR for fishing license.

Yest played golf. How different it is with hills! Much harder. As my youngest grandson says "I'm horrible". That's what he said about himself when he tried to hula hoop. I still remember. Dh videoed it, and friends swear they will vote on my winning any contest we might have in FL. Fun!

TMH

Comment

Yeah, you definitely feel different when things are on track, that's great to hear.

j.

Comment

Yest we went to see my son's new office. He is our financial advisor. After a tour he invited us to go downstairs for a drink b4 we met up with friends. Interesting in that our male server approached us saying "pick your poison". I acknowledged that it is, indeed, poison and my poison of choice was chardonnay.

Getting tired of it though, drinking, eating out every night. At least I've gotten some walks in. 3 mi on Tue, 4 mi yest. Set alarm for 7a intending to walk b4meeting up with sister for the day. Woke up to heavy rain. Blah! Last day here. We've about overstayed our welcome altho never had nor expected one meal made for us. Going to sister-in-law's tomorrow in southern MN, spend the night and start our trip home via No. Carolina. Yay!

TMH

Comment

pick your poison

ToMyHealth;1673499 wrote: Yest we went to see my son's new office. He is our financial advisor. After a tour he invited us to go downstairs for a drink b4 we met up with friends. Interesting in that our male server approached us saying "pick your poison". I acknowledged that it is, indeed, poison and my poison of choice was chardonnay.

Getting tired of it though, drinking, eating out every night. At least I've gotten some walks in. 3 mi on Tue, 4 mi yest. Set alarm for 7a intending to walk b4meeting up with sister for the day. Woke up to heavy rain. Blah! Last day here. We've about overstayed our welcome altho never had nor expected one meal made for us. Going to sister-in-law's tomorrow in southern MN, spend the night and start our trip home via No. Carolina. Yay!

TMH
                      Yeah it is interesting that people say that. I had to go to a thing at the business school I got accepted to. I was drinking club soda and diet coke and then decided to have three beers, that was it. Actually I didn't even finish the last one. I went to my club, had another club soda and went home.

Comment

Had to smile at small town mid America Friday night. Had charred hamburger dinner in Lutheran church parking lot. Support the youth. Huge sundaes on sale for dessert. Out of the 8 of us I was only one who did not have one. Main reason is learned even 1/3 of a dessert affects my sleep.

2nd part of evening - sat out on patio of SIL friend's home. Was offered Dr. Pepper or Pepsi. Again, full sugar kind so had water. It actually was kind of refreshing to not be offered a cocktail.

Had a great visit and left southern MN, drove to Bloomington, IL. Wine and delivered pizza last night. Slept great! Am very glad to be on last 1/3 of journey. Travel time spent putiing together a Recipe Organizer and now have started organizing my daily life on Iphone calendar.

Comment

Test - after all the diff WiFis on trip, Ipad seems to not make me log in each and every time.

Comment

Yay! Works again. Got home at midnight, long drive all thru rain once we hit FL. Funny in that our destination (Mn) and home were the states with lots of rain. Beautiful, sunny morning now and so very grateful to be back.

Spent lovely time with friends at Pinehurst, NC. Golfed 2x.

(Observation for women). Discovered on this trip after staying at mostly hotels but had 3 diff hosts in the 3 weeks that I stress myself out and do way too much when we have guests. 1st host never made a thing incl morning coffee. Her dh did made coffee. If we had a drink b4 leaving for dinner there wasn't a peanut, cracker, or chip to be found. One extreme. Next was SIL who after taking us to the church parking lot on Fri night made a fussy Breakfast Bake for Sat. She is a real Suzy Homemaker so even though not expected not surprising. Next host- smack dab in the middle. 2 days - chips & salsa. brkfst- put out cheerios, banana, yogurt, all 3 mornings. Oh, and drank juice & coffee out of paper cups. Am documenting to remind me to be gracious but don't have to plan entire menus. Am grateful for all as having company esp if longer than 3 days is hard (#1 was longer than 3 days but when invited they insisted they would be gone at their northern home - didn't happen cuz of rain, cold).

Ok, to topic. Gained 3# & drank everyday except 3 or 4. Back to working out and regular life and thank you, God, for safe travels.

TMH
                            Wt: 122.2. (Matches highest I have ever been w/o being pg)
                            Drinks Yest: 0

Comment

Short workout with today being 1st day back. Didn't get to sleep til 3a so not surprising. I did UB wts, had to go way back down to 5# & 8# and do only 8 reps ((sigh)), then just 100 calories burned on ET. Next task is grocery shopping so a few more steps to be had.

TMH

Comment

Had a great day yest. Went to church, sat outdoors for a lovely breakfast, then visited a friend in Rehab Hospital (as in after back surgery). He looked great, anxious to get home. Then played 18 and shot a 94. Good way to end the month.

Weight yo-yoed over weekend all the way up to 122.8. Been using Fitness Pal to log in food and that's been a real eye opener. Interesting though that on Sat. when I ate fruit, yogurt during day, no real meal wt shot up. Yest I had 600 cal in breakfast alone (ate out). Drank 2 Bud light Limes on golf course, had wine with shrimp stir fry dinner and down to 120 today. Go figure.

Today is my baby girl's 45th b.d. And today I start 30 days AF.

TMH
                                SW 122.2 CW. 120. GW. 114
                                Day 1

Comment

Working...
                                X