February Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February Mod Squad

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around for a little while. Work is wonderful but very tiring. I'm running on adrenalin the whole day. I will get into the swing of it soon, I know that from experience. Most of the others in my department live on my side of town. One young girl just a few blocks away. She and I have found a yogalates class that we can do together and will start next Thursday. I just knot I will be very sore the first few times we do it. My neck & shoulders are so seized up with all the manic cutting and sewing. It will be good.
    NNG one of our theatre shows is or has been on in Washington...it's called Rupert (about our worst export, Mr Murdoch)...if you look it up online there may be some pictures. Anyway, I did costumes for the woman playing his wife Anna.
    I must go now, but just wanted to say that I've been very happy with my modding progress lately. Every second night is AF and sometimes two nights in a row. Been slow to drink on the nights that I choose to, and no hangovers with it!
    Goodnight all,
    X
    Em

Comment

February Mod Squad

Emmy! Thanks! I will google "Rupert". Take care of yourself and don't work too hard. Have you heard of Restorative Yoga? It is very very gentle, restful, and might be good for those aching shoulders. Get your guy to give you a massage.

Stewarts, you are sounding very blue, almost dark, again. Are you okay? We all send you a collective hug, though I know that virtual hugs aren't as good as real ones. Take care of yourself, too.

Comment

February Mod Squad

nonamegirl;1631912 wrote:

Stewarts, you are sounding very blue, almost dark, again. Are you okay? We all send you a collective hug, though I know that virtual hugs aren't as good as real ones. Take care of yourself, too.
        NNG, Glad you responded to Stewarts as he needs a group hug:groupluv:
        Emmy, Your job sounds fascinating. I can't sew a lick, not even a hem so always admire the skills of others in areas that I am not proficient in.

Waking up refreshed and raring to go. Of course that means no Al last night, or the night before, or the night before that...! I liked the question that someone posted on another thread warning folks who go AF during the week to not save it up for binge drinking on the week-end. Truly good advice and something those moderating need to be aware of as an alcoholic binge drinker isn't doing much better than alcoholic who drinks daily. I do fit alcohol into my week-ends but lately we have been staying AF on Friday and having only 2 drinks on Saturday. Never drink on Sundays other than if it's a sports event big playoff or something like that. This week-end will be a little different as I am celebrating a graduation with a friend on Friday so will have 1 drink for sure, maybe 2, have Sat. night plans, and the Oscars are on Sunday this year. Emmy, I absolutely love acting, writing, etc. I love all of the Oscar categories and knowing you here will make me think of you and your profession with the designers. I try to see as many nominated films as I can to pick the folks I want to win, and I can usually predict the winners (not always) but I'm pretty good at it. I prefer to watch alone (not at a party where I would be distracted) and I have 2 glasses of champagne throughout the night and have a great movie theater room to watch the event. Totally love it and look forward to it every year. Thankfully they are starting to sell small bottles of wine and champagne so I have two 1 glass size bottles of champagne and don't have to open a full one when I am alone as it would be too tempting to think it would go bad or have to waste it so I would probably end up drinking most or all of it and don't want to do that.

Well, have a good day all. *See* you soon.

:l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

February Mod Squad

Hello everyone!

Sorry about not checking in for a while. I had a lovely time at the B&B over the weekend, but then a rather dreadful time at work this week (especially Tuesday).

Stewarts, I hear you about the intention to have one or two and then having four. That's what I did on Tuesday. Just the bad day, and I actually posted that I'm not motivated to drink by having a bad day!! Famous last words. So yes, like Crocus also, felt crummy and pretty silly that I thought that would make things better. But, I stopped after four, had a bad night, a headache yesterday, and told myself I deserved it! Had two yesterday and I'm happy to say that felt normal. AF today.

Congrats on your modding progress, Emmy. I'll join you now. Good to meet you Lasha, and my warm greetings (sigh - it's snowing here again) to my dear NNG, TMH and of course Eve.

DipGal - Strong - how are you both?

Comment

February Mod Squad

I guess I have been pretty dark. I don't think I'm binging necessarily, but definitely going past the limit I'd like. Oh, the beer of the month club, I gave to the young guys, they put it in the fridge, I had two. I went out last night. So, I had two AL nights this week. I don't anticipate anymore, maybe one more. I definitely still send dark texts to my ex-gf, nothing bad about her, just bad about me. I did go running during the day, but ruined it with drinking and eating bad last night.

One of my work buddies, his gf had a last day of work party on Tuesday, she's starting a new job, she works in fashion, so all her colleagues are hot girls and gay guys. I should've went, I need to meet a nice girl, but I was too tired and didn't want to drink two days in a row.

I have an after work thing tonight which is a whiskey tasting. Good news, I don't drink whiskey, I might have to stop by, but I feel all crappy today.

j.

Comment

February Mod Squad

I have noticed a few new posters since I took a break from posting here, so wanted to give the Mod Hatter a bump. This is a thread that pretty thoroughly describes what moderating is really about. Go here for a read if you have time and interest. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ers-69758.html
              :l
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

February Mod Squad

HI, from the middle of a blizzard.
                We had an avalanche only three blocks away from our house that took out two houses. Luckily all three people buried were found and have survived and are currently in the hospital. We have spent the whole day with our snow blower and shovel digging our own house out and the neighbors. This is honestly in the city limits... not on the outskirts. Gotta love Montana.

Comment

February Mod Squad

Emmy!

Just watched the Australian costume designer wiin an oscar; she mentioned how much she owed to her seamstresses. I love that you may / should be one of them. I can sense how talented and visionary you are! Love the Oscars! Hope you feel my appreciation for what you give to the world! The theater is such a medium!

Love you!

Comment

Working...
                  X