No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ~ not as much success this week as I would have liked but stark improvement. Last night I had a drink, then freshened it up a bit so 1.5? Slept well, going golfing with dh today.
    Blue, missed you, glad you are back with us!
    Frances, that is what I did yest. Had to keep pushing myself but things were messy & I made my list and slowly progressed all day while still watching 2 movies and PGA. Like to call it commercial cleaning.
    After being away for couple of weeks, what I find hard is getting back into exercise routine. When we first got back, my back was sore from too many soft beds on trip so knew it was on the edge and did not want to aggravate lifting weights or running. Played golf on Thurs and even though I felt stiff, it actually seemed to loosen it up. Was going to go do a bit this morning but alas, am saving energy for golf. Have to get out of "excuse" category soon!
    Both drinking & exercise.
    Have a great Saturday, everybody!

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
      Doing good here Blue - Very glad it's Saturday! I need to get this house cleaned up - it's a mess!
      Happy cleaning Frances!

Comment

Originally posted by ToMyHealth View Post
        Hi ~ not as much success this week as I would have liked but stark improvement. Last night I had a drink, then freshened it up a bit so 1.5? Slept well, going golfing with dh today.
        Blue, missed you, glad you are back with us!
        Frances, that is what I did yest. Had to keep pushing myself but things were messy & I made my list and slowly progressed all day while still watching 2 movies and PGA. Like to call it commercial cleaning.
        After being away for couple of weeks, what I find hard is getting back into exercise routine. When we first got back, my back was sore from too many soft beds on trip so knew it was on the edge and did not want to aggravate lifting weights or running. Played golf on Thurs and even though I felt stiff, it actually seemed to loosen it up. Was going to go do a bit this morning but alas, am saving energy for golf. Have to get out of "excuse" category soon!
        Both drinking & exercise.
        Have a great Saturday, everybody!

TMH
        I'm glad to be back TMH!

Comment

Hey Blue your always welcome to post in general discussion or anywhere for that matter, if someone said something that's their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1988 View Post
            Hey Blue your always welcome to post in general discussion or anywhere for that matter, if someone said something that's their problem.
            Thank you Dutch...I appreciate your support!!!

Comment

By the way TMH.. you are doing awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Comment

How did they come up with the rules for moderating....maybe it's different for everybody....
                Anybody know how they made the mod rules?

Comment

Ah, thanks Blue! Appreciate your support.
                  Today was an awesome birthday. Went to church & after going up for birthday blessing came home with altar flowers. Dh got teased about taking me out for dinner, and he responded that he hadn't been told yet what we were going to do. On way home I gave it serious thought and decided I'd like to play 9 holes of golf, then have my favorite lunch- tilapia sandwich with french fries, then come home to watch PGA.
                  Heard from both my children & my sister....all in all a nice day.

Good night.

TMH
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi Blue -

Moderate drinking is defined as up to four alcoholic drinks for men and three for women in any single day, according to The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism (NIAA), USA, and a maximum of 14 drinks for men and 7 drinks for women per week.

There are other groups with similar definitions - the CDC says: "According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, moderate alcohol consumption is defined as having up to 1 drink per day for women and up to 2 drinks per day for men. This definition is referring to the amount consumed on any single day and is not intended as an average over several days. The Dietary Guidelines also state that it is not recommended that anyone begin drinking or drink more frequently on the basis of potential health benefits because moderate alcohol intake also is associated with increased risk of breast cancer, violence, drowning, and injuries from falls and motor vehicle crashes."

I'm not sure who you mean when you say how did 'they' come up with the rules for moderating. For me personally, I am taking my own approach which is significantly less than what is defined above because I have found that in the past, when I was trying to moderate but allowed myself to drink multiple days in a week, i wound up back where I was when I came to MWO - overdrinking nearly every day of the week (usually around a bottle of wine daily, often more) and sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time. So since I knew from experience that I can't drink that often, I now only drink very rarely so that I don't fall back into the habit that I was in before. My brain and body was always used to drinking every day and now it is used to not drinking. So far so good.

Happy Birthday TMH!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToMyHealth View Post
                      Ah, thanks Blue! Appreciate your support.
                      Today was an awesome birthday. Went to church & after going up for birthday blessing came home with altar flowers. Dh got teased about taking me out for dinner, and he responded that he hadn't been told yet what we were going to do. On way home I gave it serious thought and decided I'd like to play 9 holes of golf, then have my favorite lunch- tilapia sandwich with french fries, then come home to watch PGA.
                      Heard from both my children & my sister....all in all a nice day.

Good night.

TMH
                      Awwwwwww Happy Belated Birthday TMH!!!! Glad you enjoyed your day!!!!🎂🎂🎂

Comment

Frances-I was talking about the people you said...I was just thinking out loud....just wondering how they came up with the amounts...

Comment

Oh...I didn't read your post carefully enough...I'm not sure how they came up with those amounts - that's a good question!

Comment

Just dropping by to say hi!!!! I told Blue that I would drop by over a week ago. Hope everyone is doing well.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well...yesterday was suppose to be an AF day....before I had three beers. I didn't really sleep. I'm finding your if I'm not quite tipsy when I go to sleep...I can't find a comfortable spot. I'm like which way do I lay that I can't find it sober??? I even took two benadryl and still tossed and turned.

I've been all the way awake since 5:30....sadly listening to the rain come down in my closet.....I called a new guy yesterday, hopefully he'll call me back today with a price we can afford...to finish tarping it and shore up the spots that started leaking again.

I'll check in a little later...

Comment

Good luck with the roof stuff blue!

Working hard here, at the rate I'm going it will be a 60-70 hour week and I'll be working all weekend - but I will be working from a weekend trip we are taking to a nearby lake - even if I won't be able to completely relax it will be nice working where there is a nice view!

Comment

Working...
                                X