I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guapo View Post
    Really though, I don't worry about it, fret about it, have a lot of angst, or question whether I should or shouldn't be doing any drinking or not.
    Hi Guapo - this is where I am. I almost always have only one drink when I do, and I don't very often. After a 2 week break I had one glass of wine on Saturday and one glass of wine on Sunday. I was out with family for the weekend at a lake and also working very very hard. I didn't have any problem with having a glass of wine and stopping at that - not even a second thought. I am surprised and pleased at how this is going - it has been 8 months since I decided to try it, and going great.

I do keep track since I am trying to be vigilant and make sure I don't see some pattern of more regular drinking than I want coming up - not sure how long I will do that, but it is interesting to go back and see, for example, how many drinks I had, how many average per occasion (usually one but every once in awhile two, so my average is 1.xx) and then how many occasions and how many days between occasions. It's all on a spreadsheet so it gets calculated for me, I just fill in the date I had a drink and quantity and I usually put a comment in to describe the situation.

My goal isn't to drink daily but less quantity, or even drink just a few times a week (e.g., to try to meet the guidelines of 7 or less drinks a week). I have to drink much much less than that because I have a healthy fear of what drinking regularly will do to me...I am 99.9% sure from previous experience that it will take me back to my earlier patterns.

Hope everyone has a great day! Back to my regular work schedule but it was nice that my family go to have a nice weekend away, and even though I worked from 6am to late night with little breaks, I got to have a nice view and was so happy the kids and my husband could enjoy the last weekend we had free before school starts.

Comment

And hello to blue and TMH - - blue I hope they figure out what's going on with your sister. I am sure that's extremely worrying to you!

Comment

TMH- I am AF today....hubby went out yesterday and got me some sheltzer water and Gatorade...he's so supportive! I'm excited!

Frances-yea I am....she signed herself out of the hospital yesterday. I don't know what else we can do with her. How do you help someone that doesn't want help? It's heartbreaking.....

Hi everybody else!

Have a successful day!

Comment

I have a great big AF on my calendar for yesterday. It was a bit challenging because of the panic/anxiety attacks....which lasted until the wee hours of the morning.

I'm perimenopausal (sorry men folk)....and I googled and found out that panic/anxiety can definitely be a symptom. So maybe that's why they're so strong and often now.

I'm happy about my AF day tho!

Comment

Good for you on your AF day blue1! I have seen many many posts on this site from people with anxiety who say that stopping drinking helped with that tremendously! (I know you don't want to stop completely but I just wanted to mention that in case you didn't know).

I enjoyed being at the lake with my family but I was working the whole time which was hard - I was glad they could have fun though. I'm still working long days but it will all be over on Friday - I am glad about that!

Received some very sad news about a former coworker of mine who passed away Sunday - he had advanced esophagus cancer. I hope to be able to pay respects to the family tomorrow. He was a great guy and loved by many; I hope that knowing this will bring his family some comfort.

Comment

Awwwwwww Frances....sorry to hear about your coworker....at least he's not suffering any more. My prayers are with the family!

I hope Friday comes quick for you so you can get some rest!

I have another AF on my calendar for yesterday!
              Last night was pretty challenging...still didn't sleep well and my 8 month old grandson didn't make it any easier....he woke up at 3am....when he usually sleeps all night.
              I gave him a ba ba....and he went back to sleep...but when I tried twice to lay him down he would wake back up. So I had to let him cry himself back to sleep....which took almost an hour. His mom was suppose to get off at 6am....it's now almost 9am....and she's still not here! I keep saying she's going to have to put them in daycare...but I hate that they won't be able to sleep in their own beds. But she treats me really bad with this babysitting deal!

Gotta go....he's up....I really need some sleep.....

Comment

That's so awesome that you had another AF day - good for you! Taking a care of a baby is a lot of work isn't it?! What time did your daughter finally get back?

The gathering was nice and I got to me my friend's mom, dad, brother, and sister. He has such a lovely family I can see where he got his gentle sweet personality. Such a shame to have him die so young. But you are right, at least he's not suffering any more. His wife told me he was really tired of not feeling well and so she was glad that at least he doesn't have to feel that way any more.

Comment

Frances, so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. Nice you got to pay your respects.

Blue, good for you! 2 days. I have only had 1; need to improve! It is such a habit. Need to eat dinner earlier & skip the ol' Happy Hour. Or have an alternate beverage ready.
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

TMH- you're doing good...one day at a time...right?

Frances- yes...taking care of babies can drive a woman to drink lol

I'm feeling kind of sad right now....cause my daughter went to look at a place through housing authority....and she's taking it. On a good note I'll be eligible to get paid for keeping the children now that she won't be living with me. But that's at night....and I don't want to worry about them doing the day. Maybe she'll do way better than what I'm thinking....being on her own. She's going to have to take their beds so we have to figure out new sleeping arrangements.
                    Maybe this will be good for me...I needed a new project....so we'll see....

Of course I'm drinking today....but I'll take it easy.

Comment

Frances- sorry...I didn't answer you about what time my daughter got home....she got here around 9am.....said she had gotten on the bus and realized she had left her wallet (with her bus pass in it) at work and had to get off and walk back to get it....and she couldn't call me cause her phone is broke from the baby getting slober in it.

I feel a bit of depression trying to creep in...I'm going to have to do something that makes me happy....hmmmmm wonder what?

Comment

Quite relieved Erica has been downgraded. Sure we will get plenty of wind & rain.

Entertaining tonight. Attitude Adjustment Hour starts at 5p. I am seriously thinking of not partaking. May enjoy it more as in the past I have found as the evening wears on I find myself getting cranky and thinking enough is enough. It would be great to enjoy myself & wake up Sunday feeling great, go to church, play a little golf before more rain hits.

Will let you know tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

TMH

Comment

TMH-Glad they downgraded Erica!

Whatever you choose to do will be fine....don't be so hard on yourself....I will be AF on Monday and maybe Tuesday...care to join me? Wednesday is my birthday....I'll be turning 50! So...I know I'm going to drink....but I'm going to try to take it easy...cause I plan on getting up early on Thursday so I can go to the zoo....I've never been to the zoo....ain't that crazy? lol

Everybody have a successful Saturday!!!

Comment

Nice evening. Did join in with some wine. We had a good time. Lots of leftover grilled steak & veggies.
                            Sure, Blue, I'll join you for Mon & Tues. Where is the birthday celebration? 50 yrs young! Are you feeling better?

Comment

That sounds fun blue - I hope you have a great birthday and a great time at the zoo! I turn 50 in October so we are very close in age.

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Things are good here - had a glass of wine last weekend on Saturday and another on Sunday while I was away for the weekend with my family. Nothing 2 weeks before that and nothing since. No 'plans', and I pretty much don't plan to drink but if there is an occasion that arises I will consider it. This is what works for me...anyhing more regular does not because I just wind up drinking too much every day.

Comment

TMH-Some of my family and friends are meeting me at a seafood buffet that I love! (can you imagine all you can eat crab legs??? Plus chicken dishes....beef dishes....etc.
                                It's called Hokkaido. I'm sooo excited!!! 2 more days and I'll be 50....I can't believe it! I've waited for this for so long!

Frances- you are doing an awesome job!!!! You keep me encouraged! My plan for the moment is to be AF on Mondays and Tuesdays for 4 weeks then add in AF Wednesdays for 4weeks....ans so on and so forth.....until I'm only drinking on the weekends.

Hope everyone is having a successful Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X