• Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE SECRET

I ordered the book and DVD today. Very interested in it-

Comment

THE SECRET

just a quick reply to cover other aspects of this subject
      when we use the hypno cd's we become very relaxed and our subconscious is more open to suggestions.we are asked to visualize and affirm what we want to become.when you use affirmations and visualizations without the hypnotic component first you will notice that you become very relaxed,so same thing really but to do a visualization properly you should do your best to see yourself in the situation,imagine sights,sounds ,smells,feellings,and make it as real as possible.this really gets into the subconscious.takes practice to change but we do the same thing all the time anyway in normal waking life without thinking about it because we are used to being who we are.we are who we are because we have trained ourselves to be that.

Comment

THE SECRET

Surfer, You are so right, It does take discipline and mind training to be effective.

Comment

THE SECRET

I actually just ordered a copy of the Secret as well..it's really about the law of attraction isn't it? I hesitated because my focus has been on letting go of my attachments to 'things'..but now I've become clear about what I want to see happen in the next few years for myself and am ready to commit the power of my mind to help manifest it...for me, it's been about creating a space for things to happen in my life, which includes abundance, whatever form that takes..so in order, I think, for this to 'work'...one must be aligned with the goodness of the universe and want what they want for the right reasons...not ego serving reasons. It's not magic, it's physics..right?

Comment

THE SECRET

I just got my copy today and looking forward to watching it this weekend.....
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

THE SECRET

well i want to add a story about using these techniques.please don't brand me as being mentally unbalanced or in some kind of psychotic dreamland, a recovering drunk with problems to work on sure but i think im fairly sane.so having said that i will relate my story
              i decided to do a test run and my target was the Lotto.i visualized winning the lottery and i spent 20 mins a day at the same time for a month.i imagined holding the check,seeing people walking around,hearing cameras being snapped,feeling great,just being in that situation and you know after that 1 month i got 5 out of 6 numbers.i have never got that in 20 years of playing the lotto nor have i since.this is an absolutely true story.coincidence----- i think not.why didn't i continue?well to be honest it scared the crap outta me,and i don;t think i was ready for that kind of power.would i have been able to get better at it?i'm sure but i'm also an alcoholic.it's tough to visualize when you are drunk or hungover.so take what you want from that and i hope it helps everyone

Comment

THE SECRET

Surfer, that is hysterical as I just told hubby that is what I am going to visualize. Winning the lottery!!! That and seeing myself without a drink in my hand all of the time of course......

Comment

THE SECRET

just wanted to add to my post.you can attract whatever you want if you persist in this but along with what you attract comes responsibilities.even the old saying "you don't get anything for free" comes into play here.

Comment

THE SECRET

hey lush just don't spill the drink on the check LOL

Comment

THE SECRET

For those that care, Oprah had the creators of the Secret on last week and they are doing a follow up show next Friday to show the success stories people have had from utilizing the techniques......should be fun to watch.

And thanks Surfer, I will not drip a drop!!!

Comment

THE SECRET

that's great, a follow up on oprah.thanks for letting us know.hey maybe i could go on there with my lotto experience.

Comment

THE SECRET

dilayne;96580 wrote: I actually just ordered a copy of the Secret as well..it's really about the law of attraction isn't it? I hesitated because my focus has been on letting go of my attachments to 'things'..but now I've become clear about what I want to see happen in the next few years for myself and am ready to commit the power of my mind to help manifest it...for me, it's been about creating a space for things to happen in my life, which includes abundance, whatever form that takes..so in order, I think, for this to 'work'...one must be aligned with the goodness of the universe and want what they want for the right reasons...not ego serving reasons. It's not magic, it's physics..right?
                          from what knowledge i have about this subject you have the concept correct.
                          people can become a Ghandi or an Ide Amin.this power can be used for good or evil.if it's used for evil then the person will pay the price.if it's used for good then the person will enjoy life.take for example Henry Ford or Edison,they enriched the lives of so many people and received tremendous rewards in return.Ford and Edison probably wanted to just solve problems because they were obsessed by technical glitches,not necessarily to dominate or become super rich.
                          magic,physics or metaphysics i don't have any real idea how it works but i'm sure it does.there's also Jung's synchronicity involved here.
                          i wish everyone the best of luck with this,or does luck really play a part?

Comment

THE SECRET

Hi all,

I am a big fan of the Secret myself. However, the main premise of the Secret is that everything in your life is created by your thoughts.

That's fine if you have a blank canvas to work with, but for me I know I have a lot of deeply held negative beliefs about myself and the world (which is why I drink/drank to begin with).

So the first step for me is to find those beliefs and then challenge them. A belief is really just a thought about yourself or the world that you have thought over and over again until it takes root.

Until you identify and change those beliefs, the Secret won't work - because laying positive thoughts over the top of deeply negative beliefs is like trying to whitewash a wall that is full of cracks.

What I am doing at the moment is listening to those negative thoughts that for me have become a way of life. And then once identifying them, not judging, but changing them.

I really believe that it will work, if I can find the strength to love myself for who I am, whatever I find.

Gem x
                            Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

THE SECRET

Hidden_gem
                              I can very much relate to your posts about negativity and absorbing others labelling. I too have been reading about changing thoughts. Was interesting to read that it's not much use trying to instil positive thoughts till the old thinking has gone. Do you have a method for that? Any books that help? I do try, which, like trying to beat alcoholism, is a start, but this seems to be harder!
                              love
                              blondie

Comment

THE SECRET

hidden and blondie
                                i have to say that i find the way the secret is presented is sort of mis presented.i have found personally that you do not have to develop a mind that thinks mostly positive thoughts before the effects start to work.i practiced trancendental meditaion on and off for years.the mantras are good but the organization was bogus in my opinion.anyway i had countless experiences of a good kind and i still had negative thots.
                                what i believe is that the visualizations over ride a lot of other thinking because you are dealing with the subconscious directly and bypassing thought processes.for example i have had the experience of going into a library and finding the book i want right on one of the tables,i didn't even have to look for it ,another example is you go shopping for something and it turns out to be the last one available.things like that are more a result of visualizing rather than thinking. please read "Think and grow rich" by napoleon hill,i know the title sounds like crap but i believe it to be one of the most important books available.

Comment

Working...
                                X