X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE SECRET

i just wanted to add to my post
    thinking is just a surface level activity of the brain
    visualization is i guess another form of thinking but it involves more than just sub vocalizing to ourselves.this does get complicated to explain so please forgive me if i don't get my idea across properly.you can PM me if you like.

Comment

THE SECRET

really great to get so many perspectives..surfer2, I hear you!

Comment

THE SECRET

Hi Blondie and Surfer2 (and everyone else!)

Actually Surfer2, I think you have a really good point. I am sure that it is true that if you can realise exactly what you want and visualise it - then it shouldn't matter if you have negative thoughts.

However, my problem has been recently that I have been so down on myself that I find it hard to do anything - including visualisation and meditation. Some days I just cannot bring myself to do it.

And then when I DO think about what I want, and using the Secret, there has been such an overwhelming feeling of, "but there's so much I need to change - where do I start?"

Blondie, I think the main key to this is that deep down I feel that I am not worth it. I am just not used to looking after myself and doing things for me. So if I have time to visualise, but there is a basket of laundry to be done, I will do the laundry instead.

That is what I mean by changing my core beliefs. There are many books that talk about this in very many different ways, and from reading a whole range of them, it boils down to this:

1) Write down what your beliefs are (will take some time - I've been carrying a notebook around with me for a few days. Amazing how your beliefs come up when you are paying attention).

2) Drill down with each one to see what the core of the belief is. You will find that smaller beliefs are actually a cluster around the largest, most deeply-held ones. Example, "My friend seems dismissive of me today" (a thought) becomes the belief, "People always reject me" which could then be the deep-held belief "I am unworthy."

Then (and yes, this is the part I haven't done yet!)

3) Counteract the deep-held beliefs. Easier said than done. I am planning to do this with mine over the next couple of days. My plan is to look very honestly and clearly at these beliefs, look at how they have served me in the past, acknowledge that they do no longer, and then let them go.

I know that all my beliefs - whatever they may be, in the end all come down to this,
        "I am not a good person. The world is a bad place. I am helpless to change."

I believe the antidote to this is simply that I need to accept that by being here, I have the right to be here.

As it says in the Desiderata,
        " You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

Gem x
        Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

THE SECRET

Gem,
          Sounds like you are doing just what you need to be doing..looking at your belief system is huge and can really help you get to the core of why you are feeling the way that you do..it does take time, but there is no better time spent..."know thyself"..."an unexamined life is not worth living?" We do have to peel the layers off..the layers of baggage, like they say, the onion skin, but beneath it all is our truest self..that self that is connected to all others, and that which is connected to the universe and the great creator..that is where I think the power of the secret is...we all have access to creativity..we are co-creators of the world that we see. We just have to believe that and to tap into it...and yes, we can create good or bad, but we will be responsible for what we create. Discarding those old beliefs of not being worthy can be a task, simply because they are so covert..it's hard to put our finger on it or to know that we are actually attracting evidence for the belief (our egs like to believe that what we believe is true)...it's a process, but well worth undergoing, if necessary....I'm rambling now, sorry...just related very much to what you wrote. Thanks for sharing...I'm sending positive energy to you on your journey...and Godspeed! :0) Di

Comment

THE SECRET

Hi all, just wanted to say my husband reads "Think and Grow Rich" constantly - it has been on his bedside table since I first met him 13 years ago. Without boring you with too many details, he had a tough childhood with no money, his dad died young, and he had a terminally ill youger brother and a violently abusive alcoholic older brother. He left school at 16 without much in the way of qualifications.

He is the most motivated man I know - hugely driven and focussed, runs his own business, works out daily, and has achieved every goal he has ever set himself (trouble is he always sets more goals... but that's another issue!). He swears by this book - it gave him the tools to turn his life around. Kate

Comment

THE SECRET

Surfer2
              Just bought Think and Grow Rich on Sunday along with a few books and I can't put this one down!
              Please someone send me some more highlighter pens:H
              It is very relevant to changing my negative, sub-conscious thinking and not all related to money/wealth. Would certainly recommend it
              thanks
              blondie

Comment

THE SECRET

I am excited to get this book too. Every little thing to turn around my negative thinking is a good thing as well. Hmmm, do we drink because we are negative or are we negative because we drink??
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

THE SECRET

Fan

Succinct as ever!

Love ya

Gem x

Comment

THE SECRET

gem
                    a thought can also be considered a seed.you can start a new seedling of being positive about whatever you choose.you have to take care of this new thought,feed it properly,protect it and nuture it.there's no law that says you can't start new thoughts.if you look after it properly it will grow stronger every day.
                    just an idea to help you on your journey.

Comment

THE SECRET

thanks surfer2

In fact, what I have been doing lately is catching myself every time I buy into "my story."

You know the one, "I didn't get the right breaks at work... my partner doesn't understand me.. I'm just too sensitive for this world... everyone is just out for themselves... I look after everyone and no one looks after me..."

When I catch myself thinking that, I make myself STOP! And decide to send that energy it took me to think those things, into thinking good things about me.

Yeah, maybe I don't believe it yet. But I'm starting to!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Comment

THE SECRET

just watched The Secret last night with Hubby...all fairly familiar things I've read else where..but a really good reminder to take control of my thoughts. I've been slipping into some negative thinking and holding onto some negative stuff as I'm actually trying to think positive about some changes I want to make, which includes a move which scares my husband...so, I'm going to focus on my vision instead of his resistance, and make a new vision board...which, I've done for years and just decided a few days ago that it was time to make a new one since I have some new dreams and desires...I do believe that we have the power to create our reality.

Comment

THE SECRET

I lucked out and got to see it while it was up on the web for free plus having a free viewing from Centerpointe for getting my new cd from them. You can also go to TUTs Adventurers Club: Explore the power of thought & creative visualization to manifest dreams! and get thier msgs from the universe sent to you for free which I love just cuz they make me rememberto check my thinking. Wish i could afford thier cds, maybe later. Also there's manifest life.com and they have a forum with lots of spin offs, but some get kinda "far out"...
                          I'm visualizing me moderating, slimmed down and employed....and it's starting to happen!
                          best to all,
                          Jenn
                          Jenn
                          "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
                          Leonard Cohen

Comment

THE SECRET

Where do you begin to type a story?

hidden_gem;98834 wrote: thanks surfer2

In fact, what I have been doing lately is catching myself every time I buy into "my story."

You know the one, "I didn't get the right breaks at work... my partner doesn't understand me.. I'm just too sensitive for this world... everyone is just out for themselves... I look after everyone and no one looks after me..."

When I catch myself thinking that, I make myself STOP! And decide to send that energy it took me to think those things, into thinking good things about me.

Yeah, maybe I don't believe it yet. But I'm starting to!

Thanks for your thoughts!
                            Is this where i reply? I don't know where to go to post a story on this Blue Monday Morning? My name is Melanie, and I want to tell you how I feel for real, and join this team
                            Mel:upset:

Comment

THE SECRET

I ask, I prayer, I am on my knees, wanting and needing forgiveness for my sins, I am hurt, broken, and not a whole. I hurt myself, I hurt my confidence, I hurt others, my ears are defend by the words that role off my tongue. I realize this when it is all too late.
                              I can only be saved by your grace Lord, so I request that by your power, I am healed, unshackled by destruction, deceit and bad judgments.
                              I want to be freed from the beast’s claws that rip my heart apart, starve me of my growth, and gnaw at my soul. One who makes my judgments false, and one who makes me die from the inside out, strips me of all beauty.
                              I am talking about alcohol and cigarettes, my eyes well with fear and disgust, but why when it is too late?
                              I have already burnt myself so bad, the damage is irreversible. What have I become?
                              One that says one thing and does another?
                              Lord if I can stay away from these chemicals of fake fun and deceitful disillusions of wonder for the rest of my life, I will be the happiest person alive, please make me see beyond all the evil. I don’t even want to believe that it is fun or fine just to have a few drinks. I can defeat these demons I have bee battling for so long.
                              Drinks of poison and pain! Irrational mind! Chemical wreaking havoc in my brain.
                              Release me from evil, fight for me, and I will fight as well. I will show you that I am worth it. I am so sad, and my head is fuzzy, unclear and uncalm.
                              Please hold me away from the fire, bring me towards the light, and keep me there, and I will shine for you Lord.
                              Mel:upset:

Comment

THE SECRET

Melanie,

That is beautiful, post wherever you want to. Unfortunately this is a less-visited area, but it doesn't mean you words are any less valuable. If you want to start a new thread in General Discussion we can do that!

In regards to your second post - we ALL want to be free of these same things. Dear Melanie, you aren't alone. You sound as if you are full of hatred for the deeds you have done. So are we all.

It is just my opinion, but I think that those of us who are more sensitive are more likely to be drawn to such things as alcohol and cigarettes and other drugs, to numb our pain.

Yeah it ain't big and it ain't clever, but it doesn't mean we don't love and feel as much as other people.

It also doesn't mean that we have a "get out of jail free" card to do whatever we want.

What we have to do is study ourselves, fearlessly, and acknowledge our faults. I believe THAT'S what makes us worthy people.

And that's why you will always find strong and worthy people here. Because we are brave enough to look at our worst aspects.

And so are you - as you have just proven.

Lots of love to you!

Gem x

Comment

Working...
                                X