April Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Goals

I just wanted to check into this thread & let everyone know I'm proud as heck to know you all. What a wonderful group of spiritual, epathic people we've got here at MWO...especially these 30 day abs threads. If you're new & are thinking about abs, jump in & ask questions or make a comment. There will be someone here w/just the insight you'll need to move forward. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

April Goals

I was born in the mountains of Tennessee. I am going to make huge changes.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

April Goals

Count me it for ODAT all AF days in April.....this is my 8th day AF....this time I thinks its going to be a great ride!
        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

April Goals

Hi All,
          I am in AF for April. I will need all the help and support I can get. March was AF for a total of 22 days, but not in a row... I had a slip over the weekend...back on track
          I will go the distance this time. Thanks for having a great place to get support and advice.
          Just finished my first day....
          Gail

Comment

April Goals

I figured out that in march I was drinking 30% of the time. I want to cut that down to 20% in April. I feel good that I broke the cyle of drinking every day. Now I want to cut down more. I have been funtioning like a normal human being and getting things done. Its a good feeling. My wife is also happy and proud of me! I'm going away in May and want it to be a great vacation without all the booze!
            Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

April Goals

Count me in for an AF April. No other goals, this one is big enough.

Comment

April Goals

I'll read this whole thing when I don't have my g-son running around. I just wanted to check in & say: I'm going to be AF all of April. M
                October 3, 2012

Comment

April Goals

Count me in too !

I'm defintitely in. I'm also in the Spring Training mode. Need to get ready for a 5K (3.1 miles) race on April 19. When I have no alcohol in my system, my runs are always so much better, and my weight workouts are stronger. I'm going for the gold....

OK, on 2 day two... let's all go for it.... :thumbsup
                  Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

April Goals

Count me in. On Day 2 and feeling really motivated. Have dusted off the cd's and am taking the supplments, that and logging on here regularly should keep me going.

Rustop

Comment

April Goals

Having just finished my all-one supplement drink I'm ready to commit to an AF April. I spent most of the month of March away and therefore did not havw access to MWO. I started last month AF but without the support here I was back to my old drinking habits by the end of the month.
                      Weekends will be VERY tough for me but I know that I won't be alone.
                      It's good to see the "old" MWO faces and I look foward to getting to know the new ones.

Janet

Comment

April Goals

Hi Rustop: It's been a while since I've seen any of your posts. I don't get out of this forum very often. I hope you'll visit the daily thread as well. Mary
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

April Goals

April 1 and off with our goals (no fooling)

April 1 is here and I am wishing everyone a great start to their Spring 2008 goals.

Lets see, we have running, more running, some lifting and walking. I'm sure there is a gardener here. And to think all of it AF in April. Oh the places we'll go.

Good luck! And, I'm off to run up a mountain trail in the morning.

July

Day 251 AF

Comment

April Goals

I just wanted to check in w/this thread & say that I'm still on for April. I wouldn't want to go back to the old lifestyle for anything in the world. Why would I want to:
                            -sneak drinks when nobody's looking - is that good for the soul?
                            -drink so much that my heart pounds - is that good for a 63 yr. old woman to do?
                            -throw my money away on booze - is that better than taking the g-sons out for breakfast?

Thanks for being here everyone.

Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

April Goals

April goals still on track....let's hope and pray it stays that way !

So July, how was your run up the mountain trail ? I'm more of a treadmill runner and road runner. Trails tend to pull at my achilles tendon too much. But I love walking up hills...it still gets up your heart rate and feels good on the legs and butt

Yesterday, I had a great 4.25 mile run on the treadmill at work. Today it's a leg workout day during lunch, and then another run on the treadmill after work....but this time my 12 year old son will come with me to run next to me. I love that....bonding on a treadmill.

Yes, they say exercise helps with the addiction, that's why I'm trying to exercise even twice a day now, becasue exercise never stopped me from drinking in the past. Go out for a nice late afternoon run, come back, hydrate the body with a bottle of water, then dehydrate the body with a bottle of wine.........go figure.....:nutso:

Good luck everyone on their April goals !
                              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

April Goals

Miss October, agree with you about the exercise.....that is one thing that I've done different this time....I've always swam regularly but I've joined the gym as well and make myself do one or the other every day. I'm convinced its whats got me where I am today with very few cravings.

Hubby's happy too as it helps the "happy" hormones.....and lots of other hormones!!! Janicexxx
                                AF since 9 May 2012
                                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                                X