December Abbercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Abbercise

AA....It's a term that I got from watching " Rampole of the Baileys" A English Comedy Series about a lawyer and his misadventures. Ha! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

December Abbercise

Hello abbercisers! I know that some of you remember Satori. His wife was always SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) and he worked hard every day to earn handbag vouchers (money) for her.

I miss Satori for is support not drinking, but mainly for whatever information I am still missing to get this program fully implemented at my house.

IAD welcome!!! Beware the :b&d::sofa:. Work out or else!!

After my laxidaisical (sp) workout stats last week (6 days, but just not very ambitious effort) it feels good to be pushing hard again. 3 down, 3 to go. Someone who I was in a meeting with today who I have not met before said to me "I wish I was tall and skinny like you" as we were on our way to the ladies room during a break. Moments like that make the torture oops I mean healthy exercise worth while! If only she knew how fat and miserable I was just 6 months ago. And drunk - let's not forget that part.

WHEE!!! Exercise ROCKS!!! :b&d: Have a great rest of the day all - or Thursday if you are AUNTY MAME!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

December Abbercise

So DG, That would make you the "Tall Skinny One Who Must be Obeyed"
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

December Abbercise

Ok guys. I have GOT to get motivated here! When I'm busy, I simply don't make time to exercise (among other things). I am really excited for Christmas right now--because I bought myse......I mean my husband a rowing machine, and myse.....I mean my kids Wii Fit.
          Actually I think I WILL put my name on the Wii thing. I hope these toys help improve my desire to get fit. The way I have been eating lately is bound to catch up with me very soon!

DG--that is awesome to get a compliment like that!! My problem is I think I look pretty good, but no one ever says anything--so obviously I'm mistaken! :H
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

December Abbercise

I have again continued my self torture, stationary bike, weights & sit ups. Things getting easier........Ha! IAD. ( LVT......I look pretty good too and no one notices ! Ha! It's hard to be a a Chestled God ! Ha! )
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

December Abbercise

WOOOOHOOOO, 3 miles this morning. I am officially off the couch!
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

December Abbercise

Good Morning Exercisers,

OK IAD, you are going to put us all to shame! Good job!!

LV...I think our discipline around exercise is the same as staying AF. You really have to change your thinking around it and your internal dialogue. So, instead of saying, "I hope I can do it" or "It's really hard", we need to say "I will do it" or "I have to do it"

I also think it's important to carve out a time that is your exercise time and nothing will get in the way of that. For me, it's the first thing in the morning before the rest of my family is awake. I exercise or run outdoors so I get my clothes out in the morning and put them right next to my bed. When the alarm rings at 5:30, I roll my tired a** out of bed and crawl into my clothes. I'm out the door and back by 6:45 am.

Goals are also really important such as the amount of weight or inches you want to lose, the length of time you want to accomplish working out, the number of reps, miles run, etc.

Exercise is one of the most important tools for keeping me AF. Each time I exercise is like putting money in the sobriety bank.
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

Good job On My Way
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

Nice job omw and everyone else this morning. IAD - think we're going to have to start calling you 'Rocky!'

M3, I would agree and think it is essential to set both a regular workout time as well as goals. I will admit, I have it easier then most in that we have our own corporate fitness center and are located one quarter mile from the Illinois Prairie Path trails system.

I sometimes get bummed and feel like I am missing out because I always do my workouts at Noon. That means that I never go out to lunch with coworkers to socialize and usually eat lunch at my desk, but physical health is important to me and I'm willing to make that trade-off.

I like your analogy about the sobriety bank and can honestly say that I don't think I've ever had a 'bad' workout. There have been plenty of times where I haven't wanted to work out, and I will tell myself to give it 10 minutes.... Exercise for 10 minutes and if you want to stop after that you can....

Happy to say it never happens!
                    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

December Abbercise

When I was training for the 5K in October I was so dedicated. I found I couldn't run--so I rode my bike and walked--and I felt GREAT! Now the weather has turned cold, working more, Christmas to get ready for, winter projects.......It's so easy to talk myself out of it.
                      We have a wonderful facility in our town that I pay a pretty hefty membership to. My plan is to get a lot of my to do list done today so I can make time to exercise, even if it is 30 minutes of yoga daily!
                      Thanks for the support and advice Mom/3 and IAD! (5:30 a.m? It's dark out!):H
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

December Abbercise

LV--Yes, it is dark the entire time I work out. I was mentioning to a friend today that it almost feels like a dream.

AA--Your practice or working out during lunch is an example of putting exercise as a priority. You would like to spend time with your co-workers, but you know that the exercise is so important. Oh, and what is the Illinois Prarie Trail? How long is it? Do you use it?

m3
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

It's a 92-mile recreational trail system. They took a bunch of unused train railways and converted them to trails, which are surfaced with limestone and average 10 feet in width. Runs throughout the western Chicago suburbs and almost into the city itself.

I use it all the time for cycling and running - awesome to not have to worry about traffic.
                          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

December Abbercise

AA, I love the PP. My rents live 2 blocks from a spur, we always bring our bikes when we visit. As a kid I traversed it Elgin to the city and every where in between. That is such a great asset to the area.

UGH, I have path envy
                            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

December Abbercise

AA, That sounds very cool.
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

Hi, everyone... I'm still working out every day, STILL have not managed to get to the Y because it is so damn cold out! I don't leave the house/office unless I really MUST. Crazy excuse, I know! My fitness assessment was moved to Monday morning, next week... maybe by then, I'll be incredibly fit!!

I'm still planning to go to Dublin for the 10K in June, with a bunch of the Army Thread folks... so, I'm gradually doing more and more mileage on the treadmill (slowly adding some jogging, keeping an eye on my poor knees)...

AA I have one of those converted rail (trolley, here) trails behind my house; the problem is that it crosses a street, just about every block, so it's really not much good for cycling. Good for running, and walking, though. We only have about 6 miles, altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                X