Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Abbercise

Good Morning,

Sausage, I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. So, you are a swimmer? I so admire those who swim. Although it looks effortless, it is far from that. Happy to hear that you feel better from exercise. If we could bottle the feeling we experience after exercise, no one would ever drink!

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

December Abbercise

Sausage, glad you got your swim in!!! Yesterday i signed up for a spinning class 3 mornings a week and daughter # 2 and I are signed up for a twice weekly kick boxing class. I am going way outside of my comfort zone (group exercising)
      I would rather run and by myself. Went hiking today with family, had a great time!!
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

December Abbercise

In the spirit of the Speedo Race today I got out in my Speedos and ran......( not really ! Ha! ) IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

December Abbercise

Interesting combo of pics IAD - but certainly reminded me that I need to get my workout in today! You're in the picture on the left, correct?
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

December Abbercise

IAD, Where the heck do you get the pics? The big hairy belly, the cross....oh it's just too much. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

I'm not any of those pics. ( That hairy guy has some serious "bling" Ha! ) Ha! Yould never catch me in a pair of Speedos ! Ha! IAD. " You want some of this ?" Ha! Grand Pa D. .....Ha! IAD.
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

December Abbercise

oh my!! I dont post for a couple of days and what happens??!!

IAD - where DO you get those pics?????!!!!

Good luck to anyone who wants to become "she who must be obeyed". Uncle Mame snorts with derision everytime I suggest that this is a new goal towards which he should work!!

Mo3 - I am with you on the early morning stuff .......it always feels like a very special time of day for me, particularly in summer. Sunday morning I had a sea swim that was breathtakingly wonderful - blue sky, calm water, a few fishies to keep me company, and the feeling of the world at its best! ....... in training for my 2.8km swim in Jan - and looking forward to the Xmas break to ramp up the exercise a bit.

Thinking I might try to run again and see if my joints can cope ........... the advice about taking it slow is well taken!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

December Abbercise

hi ya all, just wanted to say that the last three weeks or so has seen me back at the gym and doing classes. My favourite is drums alive which involves sitting on medicine balls and banging it with drumsticks along to music....great for bingo wings! And also great for my sobriety. I have alot of work issues at the moment and exercise really does take my mind off things. I am afraid i am just a 'as and when' poster on this site but as time goes on (af since middle oct) i find my confidence slipping a little and the 'you've done fine' beast too close for comfort. so, i'm glad i found this thread because exercise is really important to me. Not because of weight issues, just because it releases excellent endorphins. Actually, apparently, they are similar to those found (or the same?) found in chocolate lol!!!

I will try to open up more and not just pop in now and again. Call out to me if i forget because i always do read the posts!!! off now to my spinning class. Think it's cycling, but anyway, here goes!

Comment

December Abbercise

LOL, bingo wings, I've never heard that before

IAD, what was that pic from, the duathalon at Italian fest??

Off to the tread mill
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

December Abbercise

Been swimming again tonight - had a difficult day, several things went wrong including another car ran into the back of mine and caused damage - but I was not tempted to drink - took out all my frustration by ploughing up and down the swimming pool at night - very relaxing actually although I know my fitness must have deteriorated in the almost 3 weeks I didn't exercise.

Comment

December Abbercise

Hi All,

Got my last "bootcamp" workout in for the week and will do a 10 mile training run on Saturday. Then, there will probably be no exercise for one week.

M3
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

I'd have to lie down for a week if I did a 10-mile run. Are you training for a race/marathon Momof3?

I've been struck down by the pre-Christmas lurgy and haven't been to the gym for two days. Maybe it was all that going into the cold air with wet hair after swimming. Don't know if I'll feel like it tomorrow, won't have time at the weekend, then next week it's... Hmm might have a break.
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

December Abbercise

Yes Marshy, It feels like I am going to have a break next too!

I am training for a 1/2 marathon in March.
                            AF Since April 20, 2008
                            4 Years!!!

Comment

December Abbercise

Ok, well, it's my first post on this thread (after having read back through all of it I decided it would be ok if I got oon here too!). Anyway, I do 40-60 minues on a treadmill every night on the way home from work, and crunches in the AM before work, I have a tad bit of stomach I want to get rid of. I could say it is heridity (sp) as I am a Germann male..sterotype I know. Weather and sunligh permitting, we ride bikes 75-100 miles each week, sometimes up to 150 per week. Summer it's not hard to keep the stomach at bay. Winter is another story. But on it goes. I have aobut 15 pounds to lose before I will be happy wiht my body again.
                              So you will probably see me on here more and more.
                              BHOG
                              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

December Abbercise

Went to see my Doctor today, Ha! He said keep up my moderate exercise. He also wanted to give me a shot....wacky guy, need to find another Med. Provider. Ha!~ IAD.
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X