21st April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st April

Hiya all how are we today then?hope all is well .A change over here ...it is 17 degrees...yes and sunshine..no rain at all.just checked my camera...took 186 pics yesterday some good some not so good to put it politely. Going out for a bimble this afternoon. Hope everyone else is doing ok and that the weekend is doing good for you
    take care all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Happy Sunday!

So you survived the wedding, Mick -and your reward for going through a wedding celebration AF was to be able to drive home rather than having to stay in a hotel!

PQ, it’s always nice to be able to get out of work early on a Friday.
    I do hope your Premier is able to get her proposed legislation to pass.

Housework has always weighed heavily on me too, Lav -I hate it. And now it’s tricky because I can only do so much each day due to my mobility & pain challenges.
    At least I have downsized, so that helps. And I got a Roomba vacuum now. I also have a Roomba for the basement and garage. Pathetic, but I can no longer sweep those large areas, so need to make modifications.
    Really good news that your neighbor’s son doesn’t have pancreatic cancer, as that is lethal.

Yes, I had a wonderful time visiting my daughter at college! We played board games with her roommates, went out to eat a couple times, watched movies & shows, visited with her roommates over monkey bread, talked…it was very nice to get to spend time with her. She didn’t want me coming last weekend for her swim banquet because her dad would be there, and she didn’t want me coming next weekend because it’s her 21st birthday which she wants to spend with friends -so this weekend it was!

It’s cold but finally sunny here today.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening all,

Cooler & cloudier today, just as promised. Ran out for a few grocery items then spent the afternoon in the kitchen cooking. I won’t have to cook for the next few days, yay.
      You may have noticed I had difficulty posting yesterday but today I see my message posted twice, oh well.

Mick, glad you enjoyed the wedding. Having nice weather for taking photos is a definite plus 😊 Hope you enjoyed your afternoon out & about.

Slo, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed time with your daughter, that’s great.
      As far as the housework goes, I’m just over it haha!! I know I don’t have the stamina anymore & I know it’s a ridiculous waste of time. I do the minimal, it’s fine. I do keep up with the animal hair as much as possible. My refrigerator is freezing eggs, we’ve adjusted the temp in that thing several times. It’s only a few years old, don’t want to have to replace it just yet. It’s always something.

Hello to Pie, thanks for responding to me on messenger last evening.
      Hello to PQ, Cyn & anyone checking in.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav

AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all back to reality..raining today..how are you all doing? Ok i hope we are starting to get the stuff for our holidays sorted out..in fact we are actually looking at the next holiday!!just checked the greenhouse .radishes and cucumbers are coming on well.time to do that awful job of pricking out

Hiya slo .how are you doing? Hope all is ok with you..sounds like you had a good weekend with daughter. Yes it was good at the wedding but being able to drive home with no issues. Plus no sore head...and believe me I am as daft as everyone else and thats saying something. Hope you have a good day

Hiya lav how are you ?no cooking to do?result. We are on stir fry tonight so no big drama with that. Julie has just gone out to get the going away shopping...hopefully the weather will stay ok.you still got the meh mood on or have you got past it now?.hope you have a good day

Big shout to everyone else
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

we have sun today after a very chilly night, went down to freezing. This happens all the time in this area & that’s why I don’t plant much outside until May. Frost warning up for tonight as well. We received news that one of our original Amish friends (70 yr old) is in a Level 1 trauma center in Delaware on life support. He was on the road with his buggy this morning & was rear ended by a pickup truck. These little back roads are not speedways but you just can’t convince some people. Don’t know if he’s going to make it, don’t even know if his horse survived. Such a sad situation. He has a huge family & is the ‘bishop’ for the local area so everyone knows him 😢

Mick, I probably haven’t been paying attention - where are you going this time? Hope it’s a fun trip.
          my mood is back to ‘normal’, grateful for that. Since I can’t plant much yet I’ll continue to walk around & attack the weed issue here, Lol

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...boss sent an email this morning saying he was working from home today. He has to find a new place to live, the owner of the house he's renting has decided to sell. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that yet. So I got the Craft Sale Registration up and running and then got inundated with emails about pickleball. The membership lookup isn't working properly but I did come up with a workaround until I can touch base with the software company and have them look at it.

Mick...wow 186 pics! Were they all of the wedding? Nice you got a good day on Sunday with no rain. We're supposed to hit 17 on Wednesday, we shall see. When are you heading out on your next vaca?

Slo...glad you had a good time with daughter, sounds like you had some fun. I am not a cleaner, never have been. My youngest son goes on cleaning streaks, so that helps. LOL

Lav...so sorry to hear about the accident with your Amish friend, that's awful. We're still going down below freezing at night, like you no planting until after May long weekend.

I am absolutely bushed so am signing off. Have a good night all...PPQP

Had a hard time getting this to post but it finally made it. Couldn't click on Like at all either.

Comment

mae all ..how are we doing today then?hope all is well.Just back from the dentist....again ..one of the implants was too high and pressing on a nerve so had to go back and get it smoothed off ..unreal...he actually shaved 0.02 mm off the tooth .microscopic amounts .but that tiny amount makes a heck of a difference .Bonnie wasnt too well last night ...she is getting on a bit and of course she pigged herself out on greens ..so I gave her some metacam and cisapride and 10ml of water .I could hear her stomach moving .
              Lovely and sunny here today .GFot a couple of days to sort the van out .

hiya ppqp..how are you doing?hope all is well .Is your boss in today?has the software.been fixed yet?yes all the pics were of the wedding too.Next holiday starts on Sunday.Drive down to Tewksbury ,overnight there and then on to Charmouth down on the south coast .We are doing what they call the Jurassic coast . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Coast .This will give you an idea of the place.I couldn't get on the site earlier either .

hiya Lav ...how are you today? glad your mood has sorted itself out .How is the Amish man and his horse ..?I really hope they make it .Dave certainly has an impressive place to play in !!I keep chasing the cats from here one already has got the message ,.hope you have a good day

hiya teegee ,pie slo and anyone else? how are you doing ? hope things are ok with yall..

and finally.....

When you are bored just think about a few things that don't make sense ......like ;
              1. If poison expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?
              2. Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?
              3. Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?
              4. Why is the letter W, in English, called double U? Shouldn't it be called double V?
              5. Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.
              6. Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.
              7. The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims"
              8. 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.
              9. If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them
              Four great confusions still unresolved:
              1. At a movie theatre, which arm rest is your's?
              2. If people evolved from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?
              3. Why is there a 'D' in fridge, but not in refrigerator?
              4. Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?​

Comment

Good evening friends,

sunny day here, still a bit chilly but that’s fine. Soon enough it will be too hot!!
                Word is our Amish friend was taken into surgery today to see if they can stabilize a cervical fracture. His C5 was crushed, I don’t know how he’s still alive, that injury kills or paralyzes people. He’s still on life support, I don’t know what they’re expecting with him. I woke up a few times last night, he was on my mind. The horse apparently was able to escape & was found in a nearby filed with sever leg injuries & was put down. It’s all so sad. YB just told me today that this man’s father died in a road accident as well, strange to say the least.
                Sitting on the deck & just had the first hummingbird visitor at the feeder. Makes me happy when they return each year.

PQ, nice on the DF day yesterday haha!! You’re always so busy at work, I hope the truly appreciate you. I think we will have a few more near freezing nights before the weekend. I think next week it will warm up here so I can get planting.

Mick, sounds like you have a really cool trip planned, have fun
                I hope Bonnie stays in good shape while you’re away. It’s true, my cats have a lot of territory to cover here, it seems like they know the boundaries. We have plenty of field mice & other small critters for them to play with too, Lol

Hello to Slo, Cyn, Pie & anyone else checking in later.
                Have a nice night all!
                Lav

AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...we almost hit 17 today, sunny and the gale force winds had stopped. I ended up working on stuff I've been putting off. Not that it's hard, it's boring. LOL

Mick...not another dentist trip. Oh my. With only .02mm you would have hoped he got it right in the first place. Sorry to hear about Bonnie, wonder if it has anything to do with the changing of the seasons and all that new grass. It's sure lucky that you know how to treat her. Hope she stays healthy for your trip on Sunday. I've heard of the Jurassic Coast before. You'll have a great time get some good pics. Boss was in today. At one point he said to me he'd been wondering why the accountant hadn't been harassing him and then realized she was off today. Tested the software later on today and it appears to be working. I had sent an email earlier this morning so maybe they tweaked something. Would be nice if they let me know.

Lav...not being a medical person I had to look up the C5 vertebrae. I understand why you're surprised he's still alive. Sorry to hear the horse had to be put down. That clown must have been travel at some speed. We're supposed to get a rain/snow mix on Friday so it's still going to be awhile before we can get in the gardens. They are turning on the underground watering on May 1st so at least we can keep the veggie gardens going. I am meeting with another garden volunteer tomorrow so we can figure out how to present a task list to the members. It's time some of them stepped up to share the load. I've been out of sorts the last couple of days, I think it's time for me to start booking off some time. I'll make that my mission tomorrow.

Shout out to Slo, Pie, Wags, TG...have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Sorry to be away from the thread... I had some things come up that have taken all the time when I am not at work. Tired, but had a good session at the Long Covid place... I am getting close to "graduating". I spent last evening (after work) with a 90+ relative ( in good shape), my father's cousin. She needs to move out of her townhouse into an apartment, and has a new place all figured out. Since I used to do moves, she asked me to consult. Sheesh, what have I gotten myself into? I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I had gotten her dates wrong, and offered to do TOO MUCH. Oh dear. I guess it will all get figured out eventually. Really wish I could side-step this project, but her in-town family is struggling with a terrible cancer diagnosis with one of the grandsons, so it is a trying time.

Mick, so glad you had a good time at the wedding, and got great photos. I will look up Jurassic Coast... I just finished a novel that was about the Bog people, and the dangerous time between Druids control and the Romans conquering "Britannia". Fascinating. I'm no fan of Druids, but the way the people understood the earth, seasons, herbal remedies, etc. was really impressive.. We have gotten so far away from all that. Hoping Bonnie stays well for your trip time.

Lav, what an incredibly sad story about the Amish elder... terrible... ghastly that the horse had to be put down, and the elder is hanging by a thread. Just so sad. Glad you had a cooking day - you'll have to describe all the things you cooked. Guess what - apparently the supplement we were discussing earlier is looking likely to be a really healing modality for Long Covid... it is said to even repair the mitochondria (damage there is part of what is driving LC.) As usual, you are on top of it all. I'll take it just to help with the statin... but wow if it could help with LC, that would be amazing,

SLO, how wonderful that you had a good visit with your daughter. I love that she had a whole plan in place about how to celebrate her birthday! Hope you have lots of bright days ahead.

PPQ, you are always working so hard, and getting all the right things done! I do hope that you can take a step back soon, and do some things that are pleasurable for you -- remember to "fill the well".

Sending good energy to all --
                    TG

Comment

mae all .how are we doing?hope all is well .we are busy sorting the van out ...though there is a slight chance we not be going .Julie isnt too well and has a doctors appointment in the morning .So we shall see ..probably will be going but there is a chance .Van is almost packed anyway .been a nice day here today ...cold but sunny..I cut the grass and started one of the jobs I hate ...pricking out seedlings.radish and rocket ...Just looking out of the window ...a kid playing on a pogo stick ..jeez we are going back in time .

hiya teegee...how are you doing? hope all is good .The Romans had a serious issue on their hands when they invaded Britain .there were lots of tribes in Britain ...here you go...that gave them a massive problem ..and in fact they would never have conquered England,without the help of the local tribes .I say England ,..they tried to invade Scotland and it went pear shaped big time .The rumour is the only Roman eagle lost in Britain was the legio ix hispania ..or the 9th Legion whether it was lost or not no one knows ..however the legion was decimated,history lesson over but it is really interesting

hope you have a good day .

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing ?hope all is well.Bonnie seems to be ok now ..thankfully I think its a case of the changing seasons and her feeding her face too much .main thing is she is ok .tooth feels a lot better today .sounds like the boss aint impressed with the accountant either glad the software is working ok .

hiya lav how are you today then?send me a couple of humming birds across so that I can photograph them.Im sorry to hear about the bishop...and also the horse ...did you see the accident over here this morning with the Household Cavalry in London .?

apparently they were spooked by a builders van....Glad you got the sun today as well.

big shout to everyone else .

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Chilly mornings here with sun, then a quick rain shower & then back to sun. Keep you guessing
                        I’ve decide Sunday will be planting day for my annuals, night time temps are predicted to be 50 or higher at that point so they’ll be safe. YB talked to the injured man’s son-in-law today. They are still hopeful that he’s going to survive but are looking at a very long hospitalization & rehab stay afterwards. I wish I could go see him but he’s still in ICU so it’s family only. I just can’t imagine surviving being run over by a truck. Even if his physical injuries heal the PTSD would drive me insane I think.

PQ, sounds like your community garden start up will be a bit delayed with new snow in the forecast. Getting the members to pitch in with the chores seems sensible. If they don’t want to do the work then they should give up their spots. I’m mean that way, haha! YB was actually told today that the guy driving the truck, that hit the buggy was a 60 yr old neighbor who claimed he is a new diabetic & doesn’t remember anything about the accident. Sounds like BS to me. We drove past the scene of the accident yesterday & there is nothing blocking a driver’s view - no hills, nothing. The guy simply wasn’t paying attention & nearly killed his long time neighbor.

Cyn, glad to hear you have almost completed your program. Please be careful with your commitments to help others. I know you are overly kind & caring to all but you need to watch your energy expenditure. We want you happy & healthy too. Your TJs job takes up a lot of your energy too.
                        About the supplements - I am a firm believer in giving them a good try before agreeing to a Rx med. As long as the supplements are of good quality you won’t be doing any harm. I think CoQ10 is just what our brains need too. Good luck with it & take care.

Mick, I sure hope Julie is OK. Your trip sounds interesting so I hope you two can go as planned. I should be outside now, the hummingbirds always show up at dinnertime.
                        It’s so hard to get a pic of the with an iPhone though, Lol I did see the news about the horses breaking free & running loose through the city, wow!

Hello to Slo & Pie, hope you are both well.
                        Have a nice night all.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...another AF (accountant free) day so things were quiet in the office. The push is on to get the online booking finalized, I have spent 3 days editing documentation the boss is going to upload to the program. Every time he changes something the documentation changes. He said to me I've decided I hate details, more of a grey area person. I almost said, it shows with your facility staff work ethics, but I like my job. I am getting weary and need to book some time off. Will get through next week, garden tasks, newsletter deadline, and then look at the schedule.

TG...good to see your post. Glad your long covid session was good. I agree with Lav about you being overly kind and caring to all, but it's tough when you hear the whole story about the cancer diagnosis for the grandchild. You just take it easy, what doesn't get done today will get done tomorrow. I agree, I think the well is just about dry. LOL Yes, I plan on making some time for me.

Mick...when you said there's a chance you might not go I thought of Bonnie, not Julie. I hope she is ok and this won't derail the trip. Glad she has a Dr.'s appt. to sort it out. "pricking out seedlings.radish and rocket" haven't a clue what that means. LOL Was going to say I hadn't heard about the Household Cavalry in London and then poof, there it was on the news. WOW! The force of those horses were unbelievable. They must have been so scared. I'm glad the injuries weren't more serious.

Lav...Sunday planting seems you'll be ok with those overnight lows. We're not quite there yet so it'll be another couple of weeks before even considering it. If your elderly neighbour survives I'm afraid you're right that it is going to be a long haul. You're probably right about the BS. Got the same type of story from a Saturday renter who is going to get his damage deposit dinged because of not cleaning, taking out their garbage and drinking all our Bublie! You're right about the garden member's doing their fair share or they'll be asked to give up their plot. Ever since covid it's been 1 couple who come and do all the chores and make the gardens look amazing. He has taken a turn with his health and they just can't do it anymore. Time to recommit to community. I'm going to check out the CoQ10 you and TG have been talking about. I do have a nail fungus that needs to be treated with a Rx but it effects my liver so will have to monitor for liver damage with blood work. CoQ10 might just help.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good night....PPQP

Comment

MAE to all,

So good to hear everyone’s news!
                            Mick, what an awful sight that white horse covered in bright red blood was.
                            Lav, so very sad about the Amish man! I remember you talking about him (the bishop) before. It sounds like a very unnecessary accident too, which is frustrating.
                            PQ, “rocket” are some kind of lettuce in the UK.

My friend was staying here with me for a couple days. It was nice having company. Although, she can get pretty negative & critical, and I didn’t like listening to all of that.
                            I am exhausted, and hope to perk up as we leave the full moon behind.
                            PQ, good listening to yourself and your symptoms, and realizing that you need some time off real soon.
                            Sounds like Boss is causing you extra work as he fiddles with the booking program.

I hope you get to go on your trip, Mick!
                            A pogo stick! Our neighbors had one when I was a kid. So I bought one for my kids, but it mostly sat in the garage.
                            Those were some fun riddles that made me think! (the word ‘swim’ one; and “what, where, when”’ —“that, there, then”)

I dropped another shoe off at another cobbler. It is painful to walk on this built-up shoe. I don’t know how this is going to work.

TG, I suppose the family member would remember your previous occupation, and want to tap your expertise. Hopefully you can stay in a mostly consulting role.

Thanks for listening, Friends!
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

mae all...how are we today? hope things are ok .Well Im absolutely shattered ...Julies docs appointment got cancelled to the is morning ...her dad fell in the care home and hurt his back..phoned Julie about 10 ...she went up ...then he siad he had chest pains ..it took 2 hours for the ambulance to get there ...he is still in hospital ...he also has high lactose in his blood ..they have taken bloods xrays done a full body scan and a ct head scan.Julie stayed at the hospital ..I came home .never slept neither did she ...She wasnt even given a cup of tea ..there were only 2 patients on this ward ..and the staff couldn't be arsed to even make a brew ...despite one of them playing on their bloody phone most of the night .Julie sat on a plastic chair all night At one stage her dad needed the toilet ..couldnt go because he was hooked up to all sorts ..she asked the nurse for help ..he said yes ok and disappeared ....in the end she found another nurse who helped ..The doctor this morning asked if she was ok ..and had been looked after ...Julie told him ..he went ape .aSo this morning she is at the doctor as we speak and then we find out what is happening with her dad ..Not sure about the holiday ..take it as it comes a day at a time ..Im so glad I dont drink !!!!
                              Thats my rant over ....this country is shot .hope everyone is ok ...Idont really feel in the mood to chat so apologies ...have a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X