January (new year) abbercisers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday!!! :b&d: Get off that :sofa:!!!!

Curves is having a Boot Camp for January that started this morning. After the regular circuit and before the stretches, we did "tires" (just with circles on the floor, but like you see at football camp training or military PT where you step in the middle of each tire and have to life your knees up really high), sit ups, squats and that thing where you get in a sit position with your back against the wall, but no chair. The goal is 3 minutes and holy moly I sucked at that one!! I barely made it one minute. Hopefully I can work up some by the end of the week! Then there will be new exercises next week. It's fun to do a little extra work, especially right after the holidays!

My Monday Business Referral group meets more casually at a restaurant on the first Monday of every month. So with all the extra exercises, I didn't feel bad at all about the omlette with bacon, avacado, and pepper jack cheese!!

Hey WIP - that smoker of yours sounds awesome. I've been meaning to mention that! The latest gadget I've got my eye on is a Vitamix. If only it would scrub toilets too - I'd be IN. Still haven't justified the cost yet but it's calling my name.

Have a great day abbercisers!!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello all,

I did my first proper gym workout today since Christmas. Think it's gonna hurt tomorrow...
      I was too tired afterwards to have my usual swim - and the pool was empty. Bah. So I bought some new trainers instead. Not too tired to shop.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I'm in an uncharacteristically cranky mood replete with headache and all so I'm off to the gym for a thorough trouncing.

keep of the excellent progress everyone!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Scales question

Does anyone know if digital/electronic scales are more likely to be accurate than non-digital scales?
          My scales at home are non-digital, the gym scales are digital. There is a consistent 8-10lb/4-5kg difference between the two. I'm "lighter" at home, so obviously I want those to be correct! But it seems like a big difference.
          sigpic

Comment

Things could be worse....you could have one of those talking scales.....When I get on mine it says" Woooo, One at a time " Ha! IAD ( Not really....Ha! )
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Marshy
              Find out when the gym scales were last checked - I think if there in a public place they have to be checked by weights and measures people - Is there anything you know the weight of eg bags of sugar etc you can put on your home scales to see if they are weighing correctly. Can you weigh your self on a 3rd set of scales to see which of the two are more accurate?. Digigal scales can vary a bit I believe depending on what surface they are placed on and obviously if the batteries are failing.

I take your point very seriously because I recently (just over a year ago) discovered that my old home scales (non digital) under weighed by 14lbs - scary or what !!! I discovered this when I bought a set of digital ones and discovered I'd gained 14lbs overnight!!! I thought - "this cant' be right!" and so then checked myself on 2 sets of public ones - gym and my local hosp and both made me 14lbs heavier. My problem now is - at what point did my home ones become inaccuarate!!! - they are about 20 yrs old and have been moved about the country quite a bit!!! This is kind of relevant because I'm not sure whether i'm back at my prechildren weight or not yet - I am on my old scales but still another 10lbs to lose on the digital ones!!! People keep telling me I don't need to lose any more weight (have lost 17lbs since the summer since I stopped drinking / started exercising) but I have some clothes from before my kids were born / that I still can't get into or if I can they feel very tight.

Comment

Marshy, if I were you, I'd go by your home scale! :H No, really "I" would! And Sausage, I think our bodies change with pregnancy/childbirth so nothing ever fits the same! My feet even got bigger and stayed that way! Great job on the 17 pounds BTW!!

Thanks for the advice WIP. I think you're right, if I jest get up and do SOMETHING! I tried hubby's new rower the other night and managed 5 minutes until I thought my heart was going to explode!! I feel like a marshmellow. When I trained this summer for the Race for the Cure, I was feeling/looking pretty good. I know what I gotta do. DG keep that whip out!!:H
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Sausage, I've just put a 2lb bag of flour on my home scales, and they didn't move! Not a good sign, is it? Damn. I'm beginning to suspect the gym scales are right. It's only starting to occur to me now after joining the gym in August because the scales at the gym weigh in kg, and at home I weigh myself in stone/pounds. So I've known that there was a difference but it hasn't been quite so obvious because of the different measures, if that makes sense. Still, I have been losing weight gradually (on both!). I just must have been almost a stone heavier than I thought I was to begin with. Yikes!

LVT - v e r y tempting to believe my home scales. I'm doing really well on those!!

IAD - haha. Yeah, I just need some that scream when I step on them. That would spur me on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Worked out 25 min on the Stationary bike, sit ups.......weights. IAD. Marshy....I don't weigh myself, it's depressing Ha!
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Today (Tues), I've done 15 mins of my half hour. It's a nice day, so I'll do the other 15 soon. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Despite taking my son to his swimming lesson at 10.30 (he passed his 5metre distance award today and he is only just 3), and my daughter to her 5.30 swim lesson tonight, i've even been swimming myself (3rd time to the pool today!) 40 lengths at 7.30 tonight. That must be dedication !!

Comment

Hello Abbercisers,

I was very happy to get back to bootcamp today after almost 2 weeks! Today was mostly an upper body day with weights, pushups and of course cardio...a tough one hour workout. When I'm done, I feel so energized and ready to take on the world.

M3
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!
                          :lilheart:

Comment

i would love to join this thread!

i am on day 5 of being af and day 2 of exercising again. my goal is to exercise everyday for at least 45 minutes. it helps me to split up my time so i can ride out the "witching hours" in the early evening. i walk my dogs and either walk briskly on the treadmill or do a moderate spinning class. i like to do yoga at night as well.

i feel new!!!

happy new year

Comment

did i kill this thread?

i just did 45 minutes on the tm and am going to walk the dogs to pick up my kid from school (helps get me over the afternoon "hump").

peace!

Comment

No - you didn't peacenik! It's just that I haven't exercised today so can't contribute anything - will be doing tomorrow hopefully. Well done wtih your 45mins and many congrats on your day 5 ( I always find days 4 and 5 the toughest at the start of an AF stretch so hopefully it should get a bit easier from now on - the exercise will really help though. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X