January (new year) abbercisers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ! Peacenik.........I don't have much to report either, walked the dog today.......sometimes threads become dorment for a little while, for what ever reason. ( Time difference, Holidays, etc. ) This one is pretty active most of the time. Welcome Peacenik.........IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks guys!

i'm kind of a joker, so donna takea me to a seriously (unless i'm being serious).

cheers! with water...

Comment

a friend just told me there is a free 'introductory' lesson at a new Mui Thai gym in town (traditional Thailand kick boxing) so of course I have to go! an opportunity to hurt myself and it's free!
        report to follow....
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Welcome Peacenik, good going!

I'm still slogging along, took the day off yesterday because I wasn't feeling great, and have maybe been over-doing it a bit. Today, back on the TM for 30 minutes, jog/walking... I have found out that it is MUCH easier for me to walk at 3mph than to jog at the same speed... using my heart rate monitor, I can see a huge difference... I guess if I keep at it, my legs will adapt better to the jogging gait and I will be able to get up a bit more speed... on the other hand, of course, it doesn't matter, because I am most certainly never going to be a competitive runner! It's just that it's so motivating to see progress...

But the main thing is that I feel SO much better when I am working out, and it absolutely translates somehow into fewer cravings/impulses to drink.

Comment

Determinator;513341 wrote: a friend just told me there is a free 'introductory' lesson at a new Mui Thai gym in town (traditional Thailand kick boxing) so of course I have to go! an opportunity to hurt myself and it's free!
            report to follow....
            woo hoo Det!!! Sounds dangerous! Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

Comment

Welcome Peacenik,

You'll find lots of motivion here and on the Monthly Abstinence Thread.

Unfortunately, no exercise news to report here. Was planning on a run but it has been raining buckets here. Back to bootcamp in the am.
              M3
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Det, you have some martial arts expirence......... That may save you..Ha!
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

wow! that was very fun and interesting. We did a lot more technique than I ever expected in an introductory class. The instructor competes professionally and travels to Thailand to keep in touch with the master he is accomplished under. Dang, now I have two martial arts classes to attend in my crazy schedule. the flip side is my ass is gonna be in shape VERY SOON. whew!

that's the secret folks....find something you LOVE to do and then it's not boring or a drag...it's fun.

IAD, cool picture. that's a technique called a "flying knee". for the time being if I see one of those coming I will exit stage left.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

sounds great determinator! i live in the smallest town in a tiny corner of nebraska where i heard a guy on the radio say he was going to start a martial arts class for women and kids this friday...you inspired me to check it out!

Comment

My body knows that I have managed 11 days AF because for the first time ever I have managed 7 days in a row at the gym, with ease.

Comment

Hey everyone. Just joined my local gym a couple of days ago!! Still struggling to make it a daily habit though I feel fantastic after the workouts. Not feeling so well today so skipping gym. But def back tomorrow.
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Don't laugh, but I downloaded a fitness motivation/hypnosis deal on my MP3. The cd's from here and my quit smoking cds worked so well, I thought it can't hurt. It's funny--he wants me to go down a staircase too!
                          I did go to my much loved yoga class yesterday, and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill at the fitness center. I gained 5 pounds over the holidays and I can feel it!!

Peacenik--I am from Nebraska too! :h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

swam this morning for 30 mins (about 40 lengths) - feel better for it.

Comment

LVT thats awesome! I have several hypno tracks on my ipod nano and find them quite helpful.

LVT25;513732 wrote: Don't laugh, but I downloaded a fitness motivation/hypnosis deal on my MP3. The cd's from here and my quit smoking cds worked so well, I thought it can't hurt. It's funny--he wants me to go down a staircase too!
                              I did go to my much loved yoga class yesterday, and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill at the fitness center. I gained 5 pounds over the holidays and I can feel it!!

Peacenik--I am from Nebraska too! :h
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, are they the MWO hypno recordings, or something else?

I did my 2 mile "time trial" on the TM today and found that I am MUCH faster if I just walk (even uphill!) than if I intersperse some jogging... amazing...

Comment

Working...
                                X