AF daily - Sunday February 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loppy -- all is not lost! You will continue your 9-month journey. Stay close ... many hearts and hands to help you along the way.

It's a cold gray day here, but I did manage to get out for a quick run. Glad it's behind me! Have a good, AF day, all.
    ~K.

Comment

Marshy;535082 wrote:
      Wip, I'm loving the Sinclair stuff. It's a hoot! I just wish I'd thought of it first, then I could afford to retire early and lie on a Caribbean beach and not have to worry about finding work.
      Ha!!!! Me, too!!!

Lilmea... not funny or strange at ALL to be planning for making any major life change, to eliminate a deeply entrenched and self-destructive behavior!!! Failing to plan IS planning to fail. The worksheet is a fantastic tool... if you really use it! I highly recommend it!

Lugs... stick around, it will get better... OK?

Comment

p.s., lilmea, have you read through the "tool box" thread here? There's a post in there about how to set up a plan... other good stuff, too. It's a "must-read."

Comment

Good morning, daily AFers!

May I join in here?
          Thank you dill, for pointing me towards yesterday's thread... it was very insightful. And very timely for me.

Wip, I so envy you - I long for that mental place you are at. I'm still obsessing. Every day.

But, I'm becoming more and more aware of the subtle little changes in thought that are the early warning signs of a weakened resolve. In retrospect, I see, that I indeed enabled, even planned for my last 'slip'. I'm determined not to do that again.

Loopy, I'm so sorry - glad you're back on Antabuse today, though!
          Lilmea... any chance you have a link for that worksheet? I'd love to have a peek!

Everyone... Thank you for sharing your experiences, struggles, victories, and wisdom. Have a great Sunday, enjoy whatever it is you have planned!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Loppy,

I did the same thing at eight months - and felt terrible too. I was very disappointed in myself. BUT you've got the right attitude to get right back on the wagon. You've done nine months without drinking, which is fantastic! And you haven't thrown that away in one night. Learn from what happened, be gentle with yourself today and move forward!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Sunshine, not sure if this is the one lilmea was referring to but I found this one.

http://www.motivationalinterview.org...changeplan.PDF

Comment

Good Sunday everyone
                It's "warm" here today. Well it's going to be above freezing. whoo hooo!
                LL- I think the fact that you came here today to share what happened is a huge deal. It seems to me your right back on track. Lilmea said it best, that's why it'[s called recovery, not cured.

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much, cuckoo!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hmm, I totally posted that before I was done somehow ? I guess I will be watching the superbowl today. I also have a massage! Should be interesting. I have never had a "real" one. My treat for an al-free Jan.
                    I'm having some crazy thoughts running through my head, that since I made it through Jan, I can drink now. That was my only goal. grrrrrrr February also has two major triggers for me. My birthday and a vacation. Time to get an honest plan together.
                    I hope this post finds you all doing well and happy

Comment

Good morning or afternoon,
                      I hope everyone has a great start to the month!
                      Since my goal is 12 months AF I am 1 month into my goal.
                      It feels good but I am taking it one day at a time.
                      AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                      Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Lugs

Just dropped by to see who'd posted and saw what you'd written.

Don't beat yourself up, you sound exactly like me who drank after 2 months AF whilst on holiday end of Oct. I did exactly what you did, came on here, confessed (that took guts - it was tempting to stay away from MWO) and I HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK SINCE. It's the overall picture that counts -keep going , you're doing great.

I'll be back later, my kids want to make personal pizzas for tea and that includes making the base too! It's actually snowing here in South of England.

Comment

Morning all!

Loppy, you are doing so good. Don't let that one time get to you. 9 months is awesome!

Nothing new here. It is cloudy and cool outside. I need to run to the pharmacy to fill out my meds; I missed my dose yesterday - not good.

I will probably do nothing much of anything today seeing it is Sunday. I am in a lazy mood.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Good morning. Happy Super Bowl Sunday. I am heading out for a party at a friends house. I have volunteered to be the designated driver. So far two people are taking me up on it. I am looking forward to this.

Have a great Sunday.

Mo.

Comment

Loppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you but I'm so sorry about yesterday. Loppy, 9 months IS amazing and I know it hasn't been easy for you, but you can't just wipe out all that AF time, all that hard earned sobriety with one night. You have a choice. You know you do and what's more, you know what you need to do. There are others here who have slipped after a lengthy AF time, picked themselves up straight away and continued on their AF path.......Beck did it, Starlight too, and Mary....well, Mary never gives up....... and I'm sure there are many more. You can do it. Be positive and remember it is only a slip if you get straight back up; a fall if you stay down.

You know we are here for you Loppy, why not stay close to MWO over the next few days and let us help you - besides I DO miss your daily start to the thread, especially your weather forecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With much love,

Janicexxx
                              AF since 9 May 2012
                              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Happy Sunday Aberooonies!!

thanks for the kickstart Marshy, and be on guard with the 24/7 booze influence at your folks place.

Loppy, XXXXX for you dear. to your credit you hopped right back in here at monthly abs. you didn't go to general and put out some pity post looking for rationalization. you came right back home to AB's. Kudos to you!

WIP you should stay away from political office because you make too much sense! you would embarrass them to death.... imagine if our govt had the presence of mind to cut expenses when times were tough? hahahaha. I wish!. but they can always count on us motivated small biz people to pick up the check for the excesses of both our bloated govt and the unwise spending habits of the millions of folks deep in debt (ok, short rant over).

I made it to the gym yesterday sick and all and I'm glad I went and now I'm super sore and sick too LOL. at least I'm home today. Drinking to ease the discomfort of sickness was one of the toughest drinking triggers for me to break incidentally. Better go rest...back on the road tomorrow again. yeeesh.

be well friends!
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X