Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Sunday February 1st

Good Morning Abers!

Loppy- I caved last night as well- on the eve of 29 days...not quite your 9 months (whoo-hooo!). I caved for a few reasons- namely my day was totally off from the get go- stuck in a place with a huge history of sipping wine all day, PMS and an abnoxious man in a restaurant!

I immediately came home, got on chat, confessed my 'trip' in the process- which would have taken weeks in the past to come back. Sweet Dets and Sweaty Betty were so not judgemental and told me to get right back at 'er.

February 1st- day one again.... but I am ok with that!

Skoots
    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Well, I've just recognised and faced up to a trigger. My mam's brother rang me - he lives abroad but has been in the UK for six weeks and I believe he's visited mam in the carehome max 3 times - he left a message on my ansaphone complaining about where mam is, she shouldn't be there, she's got nobody to talk to, etc etc etc. He's ringing me back tomorrow cause he wants to discuss this with me. I was so angry. He has no idea what we've been through making this decision and what we all went through. I'm sorry, I need to vent...... I could so easily have... but I didn't and I won't cause I know that phone call will still be waiting for me tomorrow. I'll deal with him and I can do it without Al.

Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good evening all,

Mo and Mary, congratulations on the now 30+ days - great job!
        And Sausage, you got past that 3-month hump - well done!

Loppy - good to see you! I agree with everything Janice said, including the bit about us missing your weather reports. One night does not cancel out 9 months, but I do think it would help for you to hang out here. It's certainly helped me keep my head in that 'sensible' place. Not to mention all the great ideas that flow thru here daily. I too drank in November after umpteen AF days. I'd gone over to a friend's place with my AF drinks when she put pressure on me to drink some fancy champagne she'd saved for a special occasion to celebrate her birthday. I felt guilty about something that had happened b/w us earlier, and in that split second I said yes instead of no. I spent the next 24 hours kicking myself. That wasn't particularly useful. Figuring out the underlying emotional pattern was very useful. Returning to MWO has been extremely useful. Hope to see more of you!

Comment

Janice

So sorry to hear about this - but don't drink over it - i'm sure you won't - it would make everything so much worse. You know in your heart you did what you think was for the best so "deal with him" and move on.

Take care

Sausage xx

Comment

Janice - vent all you want. Criticism comes so easily to those who don't bear the responsibility or live with the weekly struggle of caring for sick family. It's good you get to sleep on it to find the right words for your phone call tomorrow. Yes, you could have done. But you didn't. Because this is right for you. Well done!

Comment

Aloha All!! So happy to see so many goals met, or re-started. Not much going on here today. A sunny, warm morning helped get me out on my hour walk. Gave Mom the weekly phone call and she was so glad I called her since my brothers and spouses are all away on little trips this week-end. Hubby is on golf course (there will be nobody there because of some stupid football game) and I finished school work yesterday so I kind of feel like I have a "free" day!! Oh boy! (of course there is always more work to do but I can put it off 'till tomorrow) So, I will just cruise today. I am rarely so carefree so I thought I'd share it with you. Happy AFF! (AlFreFeb)
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Again Everyone: I just had a difficult discussion w/my husb, & that is such a trigger for me. I actually thought about opening one of the beers that are chilling for the Sbowl party. I put it off. We continued the discussion a little more, & the feeling has passed. I also ate something & had a cranberry juice spritzer. Thank God I didn't cave. I know I would have felt terrible. I'd never go along like nothing happened, because MWO is the only place I've been completely honest about this problem. So, I'm sober, waiting for our guests to come, & thinking rationally about what I want to say to hubbie. All's well that ends well.

Mary

PS: Mohun, I've become the designated driver too. It's so great.
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy AFF (love that term, Hulagirl!)

Good to hear of some big hurdles overcome and other avoided.. and some new beginnings
                  Have a great Sunday night, all!

AF & happy, here.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X