February 09 Abbercisers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi all! I know I didn't post yesterday but I think I did Monday??? Gotta make it quick but just wanted to check in to this important accountability thread! Still on track for the week with my exercise goals. Yesterday was Curves and today was 35 minutes of "Gentle Wake Up" yoga from the AM/PM DVD, then Curves plus the boot camp extras today. (didn't have time to include the extras yesterday....)

:b&d::sofa: GO ABBERCISERS!! :yougo:

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

On the subject of YOGA: I love my yoga class, but it's only once a week. There are lots of alternatives to taking a class. I have even rented some yoga dvd's from Netflix! There are yoga classes on TV if you get them (FIT channel on Directv). And I recently (thanks to someone here) discovered tons of yoga videos on YouTube.

I think the best thing to learn would be "Sun Salutations" and do them every day. In class we do these "One breath/one movement" and it turns into an aerobic work out.

(I'm a big fan of yoga!) :H
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

day off for me

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

peacenik;545348 wrote: day off for me
          February off for me so far. Ho hum. Better get to it.

:b&d: as DG would say...
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Come on Marshy! Tried another Yoga class today, SO much better, teacher explained everything and took things slowly. The only drawback is there's a bar opposite, and my friend I went with had a beer afterwards (not very yogic I know). I had a fizzy water and basked in my salntliness......... Happy Thursday. B.xx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Sweaty Betty;545414 wrote: Come on Marshy!
              Haha. Did it! The gym was so busy I couldn't get on a cross-trainer (honest!!), so I did 15 mins on a bike, resistance weights, 15 mins on a rowing machine, then a swim. Funny, it didn't really feel like a "workout" without the cross-trainer because that makes me sweat. Although maybe the other stuff would make me sweat if I put a bit more effort in. :H
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Didn't get the chance to post yesterday. Was having a bit of a struggle yesterday so actually spent more time on the treadmill. My usual 2x20 on treadmill and another 20 in the afternoon. Have added a slight more incline. Added 15-mins weights and core this week. Mon. Wed.&Fri.
                Can't wait for my Yoga DVD. Thanks for the tip about breathing Peace. I have noticed that I tend to hold my breath on some of my core exercises.
                Have a great afternoon.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi everyone

I'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow - and no internet access so won't be posting for a little while. On holiday i'm determined not to drink, unlike last October and I will also be taking lots of exercise - we're not going far away but lots of fresh air out and about on the bikes, walking etc so although I won't be doing any formal exercise sessions, I should still stay fairly active. I'll update you on how I get on in a week when I get back - in the meantime have a great week everyone - will be in touch soon xx

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Sausage have fun on your trip!! Soak up that sunshine girl!

Marshy - LOL at you :b&d:'ing yourself into a day at the gym! You gotta stay fit and strong as you are the defender of us sober people in the face of trolls. We are COUNTING on you to stay is ass kickin' delete worthy postin' good shape.

LVT - Where's the gob smacked smiley??? I never even thought to check Netflix for yoga or any exercise DVD's!!!! I will check that out before I buy any more!

Hi also to Betty and peacenik and lilmea!

Today was Curves. I didn't have time for the boot camp extras but at least got my main workout in. Tomorrow is yoga class. Saturday I plan to do Curves + bootcamp extras and might do some yoga DVD work at home. I still have SO many "chapters" of these DVD's that I haven't even looked at yet!

:b&d::sofa: to all!!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi hi- Go Marshy! Have just walked the dogs for 1.5 hrs, we got lost so was longer than usual. Very hot and humid am even more sweaty than usual. Just about to hop in the bike for 40 mins of going nowhere pedalling. Happy Friday! B.
                      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

hi all...
                        have fun sausage!

crazy couple of days for me...kid stuff!

anyway i did 35 minutes spin and 35 minute treadmill with backwards hill walking and lots of incline.

cheers!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

65 minute spin class...whooped me but good!

have a good one all!!!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hey! I found some Yoga stretching exercises on You Tube. I know, I know you all probably knew they were there but I really don't go to You Tube that much. But they were great this morning when I was stiff and sore. I can't wait for my DVD.

Anyway, I walked on the treadmill for 30. Then 15 mnts. core and 15 mnts. light weights.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

just added 35 minutes on the mill to get over a little craving...did the trick!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Sausage, have a great holiday. You will do great. Get lots of exercise and fresh air for us will you?

Wow, everyone here is kicking some serious exercise butt these days...very motivating.

I have an 11 mile training run tomorrow. I am going to try my very best, however the ole back is giving me some trouble. I am not going to run through the pain that's for sure.

Can anyone recommend some good Yoga DVDs or DVDs for stretching. My hamstrings are so tight. I'm sure it's contributing to my back problem.
                                AF Since April 20, 2008
                                4 Years!!!
                                :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X