Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF August Angels - Week 4

Hi Guys :wavin:

Star - I could write a book on the spiritual avenues i have explored!
    I was very fortunate that on my door step in Portugal was a centre for holistic healing, learning and spiritual growth, open to and embracing the essence of all traditions and teachings, but attached to none. I attended a weekly conscious creation group there for many years plus I did lots of courses they ran. One the most amazing being a week long study of the Bhagavad Gita. I also did a residential silent retreat, weekends with Native American Indians and a whole lot more. I then became involved with my very own Guru a Dutch man who was a pratitioner of the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. I studied and meditated with him every week for a year. I dont follow any set teachings, I take a little from Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, New Age, Now Age and everything in between.

Actually Im so glad you asked this question as you have reminded me of so many wonderful experiences i have had on this path. Since arriving back in the Uk i have found it much harder to keep my practices going especially living and working in such a mainstream environment. As they say, its easy for the Monks to be peaceful when they are living on top of a mountain.

Being here and certainly when i started dating I felt anxious I would loose myself and get sucked back into "normal" life again. I cant tell you how happy I am to discover how impossible that would be. Instead, from deep inside me I had an overwhelming resistance and it has only reinforced more strongly to me how I could never go back to that life. The relief I am feeling right now is euphoric.

Papmom - The trouble with all the workshops out there is finding the right ones, many are dreadful and run by people only wanting to make money. I have been so lucky with the centre I went to as they worked on a donations basis only but I have been to many other workshops which were awful. I would endorse any Hayhouse Teachers, they have always been among the best courses I have done.

Sorry to have gone on so much, I get very passionate on this subject! Back to work..........
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi everyone

Have had terrible trouble logging in. I could read ok but when I went to post I could not. In the end I just re-registered.

Star - you summed it up perfectly. I feel both relief and sadness at my daughter leaving home. I will miss her but not all the drama that comes with her at times!

Cassia - well done getting through the storm alone. When does your hubby get there?

Chill - you are an amazing woman. What you did was very courageous. However, I agree that we should all go with our gut instinct. The centre near you in Portugal sounds amazing. I really enjoyed the meditation course I did but it was very, very expensive.

Rusty - hang in there, hope you are soon back to yourself.

Papmom - Love the idea of the compound.

Lav - laughed at your assessment of YB.

Tonight is my daughter's Debs so a very fraught house at the moment. Will fill you all in on the details tomorrow.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Augustine Angels..... wanna know what we have all been up to this month?! :angelgirl:

The AF ANGELS have had pumpkin patches, bridal showers,
        Monster Truck throws, chill time & Monday blues.
        Back to school nerves, embarrassing co-workers, hot hens and horse shows.

We have struggled over finances, jobs, relationships, health issues,
        homesickness and cringe worthy memories. :blush:

There has been near boat crashes, Spanish exchange student adventures,
        the insanity twins came to stay, Cass got a new apartment and we had a
        flying visit from Cyn! :angel:

We discussed self love, being in balance, appreciation of our Moms &
        feeling ?odd?. :nutso:

Spent weekends in Maine, Portugal & French Chateau's

Endured humidity, earthquakes, hurricanes and street riots.

Meditated with David Ji ray:

We have gone from the dark side of the Moon to being happy for no reason.
        From erratic sleep to healing sleep, from the Paleo diet to Curves,
        from Spin classes to sex and from less moaning to more om- ing!

No one could accuse the Angels of not covering all angles.......
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Amen to the Less moaning more Om-ing Chill :H :H

Thank you for your monthy summary - always appreciated!

papmom, your Daily Om courses are there for whenever you get around to them

Had my fun trip to Curves, stopped back home to feed & water animals & birds. Then went in the other direction to get the oil changed & my tires rotated on my car. Getting bills ready to pay online tomorrow, etc, etc. Starting to think about a tiny power nap

Rustop, trying logging in tomorrow with your old ID ~ just may work!

Don't think I mentioned one of the apple trees fell completey over during the storm & another is leaning heavily but salvagable. I picked all the apples from those tress last evening so I need to think about doing something with them
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - I love baked apples with cinnamon and cream.... yum
            as im always trying to avoid dairy products my new fav is the soya cream I have found which is half the fat of normal but still tastes great.

I have been very industrious tonight, catching up on emails. I go to Portugal on Sept 12th for a week and I have been contacting lots of friends arranging to see them. I also decided to literally take the law into my own hands re my separation agreement. I send an email to my ex bluffing away saying it was now in the hands on my Lawyer but it would be preferable if we could meet up when im over and try to come to a mutual agreement to then pass to the Lawyers which would save us both unnecessary expenses. I await his response.....

My current lease is up at the end of October and I have found myself a small house for less rent and less monthly taxes A monthly saving of nearly ?100! The only downside was in order to secure it I have to take it at the begining of Oct which means double rent to pay for that month. Anyway it will be worth it and means I go into the winter living further inland which will not be as severe weather, I also have a tiny garden for Elle which is wonderful! And its still only 10 minutes drive to work.

Ok my chores are over, time for tonights meditation then some chill time before bed....life is good
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Good Evening Last Day of August Angelic Friends!

Helloooo from beautiful St.Paul, Minnesota....where I am having a productive work week and....and....and.....the pain in my neck is subsiding.:yay:

Lav-don't worry....I'm not going to let some doc cut into me. Therapy first...surgery, a last resort. I'm so glad you have power again. I've been worried about you. So sorry about your apple tree, though. Are you going to make tons of apple pies? I'm thrilled you are enjoying Curves...sounds like a great outlet.

Chill-thank you for the monthly summary. I look forward to it. But you mentioned
              s-s-s-sex in your summary. Is someone on this thread actually that lucky?:H Hey, it didn't come from me. I'm not even a contender.:H You sound so content with your life and I am so happy for you.

Papmom-gosh, I wish you could find THE job of your dreams...you certainly deserve it!:l Good luck with the home refinancing. Those mortgage "brokers" are also referred to as whores. A very fitting title. Ugh....some people have no conscience at all.

Rustop-what will you do with just one daughter in the house?

Star-welcome to the Big M club. Ask your doctor about Prometrium. I take it at night and sleep well, and no waking up with hot flashes.

SD-how are you doing? Anxious to jump into Packers' football? I am.

Cassia-how is everything going?

Shoutout to Dew, LBH, Shelley, Jolie, and anyone I may have missed....I'm so glad you're my friends!!!:h

Comment

Glad you are on the mend Rusty

You're not the only one who is not a contender for sex :H :H
                I've been taking Prometrium for 13 years along with an estrogen patch & I still have night heat problems I quit drinking, quit smoking (2 big factors that supposedly contribute to night sweats/hot flashes) but didn't help. I still think it's the ongoing stress.......
                That's why I am sticking to my nightly meditation time ~ I think it's beginning to help, a little

Every shrub on this property is seriously overgrown so I spent about an hour outside after dinner clipping, chopping, etc. It's going to take a long while to get all this taken care of by myself :dang:

Wishing everyone a good night, see you in September.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey all,

P3...seems all good so far on the mortgage front. Let me know how your appraisal goes!

Lav - how did you fare with the storm? NJ got hit real bad but I was lucky. Bloody scary though!

Kitty cat arrives today! Woohoo! Got to call Glasgow early doors to find out why my factor decided to withfpdraw 125 quid from my account. I have no idea what it's for. My letting agent is supposed to let me know these things. I emailed him. Arch!!!

Wishing everyone a lovely Thursday!

Xx
                  'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Working...
                  X