Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical March Madness - Week 3

Good TGIFriday Evening Marching Mates,

What a long week....glad it's over now. Time to relax. Um...NOT. Must gather all my stuff together for a visit with my tax lady tomorrow. I think I'll end up owing....AGAIN. Then I'm off early Sunday for Michigan.

Sunni...great to see you here. I'm sorry about Sophie:l. My sister and I both used to be competitive horsewomen, and we absolutely love horses. My niece has an Icelandic pony....and my sister had two older horses that she had to put down. My sister NEVER cries....unless it's the death of one of her horses....or her goats. She grieved for a very long time when her last horse died. Sending you lots of hugs. Sunni, did I ever tell you that I am half Canadian? My mother's grandparents were from Quebec. I chuckled when you asked about flapjacks....yes, they are pancakes.

Dill-I, too loved the geese story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

A big hello to Raven and Daisy.:welcome:

Chill-I realized a few days ago that I never offered my condolences on the death of your friend due to AL. I am so sorry. How heartbreaking.....it so could have been prevented. I am glad that you were her friend. She couldn't have asked for a better friend than you.

Cyn-I loved the description of your flowers. I hope you find your frog. Like Jolie, I love fresh flowers, but so expensive.

Star-your words about why you do not miss AL are so powerful, and I could not agree more. The waking up every hour with a relentless thirst that gallons of water and lemon could not soothe.

SD-sending you positive vibes on the job interview. Go for it, woman! I'll be in your corner.

Blonde-congratulations again on your 30 days.

Lav-are you going to have a babysitting free weekend?

Rustop-gosh, I hope you have good weather over the weekend. I must admit that when I was in England, I was really disappointed to find the weather to be overcast and/or rainy most of the time. Is it the same in Ireland?

I have a lot to be grateful for today. I have been thinking quite a bit, that ironically enough, when my drinking was at its worst, my business was growing by leaps and bounds, so I could just push my growing affair with AL aside until I "had time to deal with it." It was easy for me to say to my family...."why are you so worried about me?? I just won another award for my work." I won awards DESPITE drinking. It did not enhance my productivity. It made everything a struggle for me...destroyed my motivation, killed my spirit, made me fat and sad, and made it twice as hard for me to get those awards, because at least twice a week, I was working with a hangover. UGH! No, AL will not help me accomplish anything today...or any day.

A cheery hello to Papmom, LBH, Shelley, Sooty....where are you?.....MyLife....ok, I'm missing someone.....happy AF Friday night!

Comment

I'm hoping to have a babysitting-free weekend Rusty. I just sent my dinner guests home (after they soaked in my bath tub)
      Can you tell WE HAD PASTA?

I am ready for a vacation - MiMom is wearing out :H
      Between watching kids & dogs, my own business, taking care of this house, etc I am worn out
      Thankfully (after taking XS Tylenol & Sudafed all day) my sinus situation seems to be under control - geez, that hurts....

Hope to get to the paint store this weekend with my 30% off coupon. My living room & adjoining areas need paint badly. I can't do most of the work though due to vaulted ceilings. I don't do heights!!!! I will either find someone to do the painting or most likely will shame YB into doing the work. He has it way too easy these days & the resentment is starting to build again.

I think it's going to rain all weekend - oh well.
      Hope everyone has a good night & a great weekend.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:H Lav
        Did he get any IN him? Ah well, that's why God invented bath tubs, eh?
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yeah Sunni - he actually ate a ton of food!
          1st birthday coming up on April 6 - can't wait to see him dive into his cake :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all magicals -

Lav, that is one HAPPY kid! I hope you get time for yourself soon - I don't know how you keep up with everything. Go for the paint job, sometimes guilt is a good thing!

SD - I meant to say earlier that it is great news about the job openings...good luck on the interview.

Sunni - sorry that I'm not up to speed with your background with horses - can you give me a quick history? I live vicariously through other horse people here...although I just found a place for lessons close by. Rusty - I forgot about your horse experiences, it was great to hear about them again. Do you ride anymore? Rustop - still dreaming about Connemara ponies...

Chill - how are you doing with your transition? I must have missed the days when you spoke about a friend passing - so sorry to hear of it.

Hellooooooo out there - PMom you OK?, Dew, Shelley, Cassia, Kaslo, FlyAway, would love to hear your voices.

Wishing all a serene day (PS - froggy appeared later in the day, was having a bit of a lie-in, I guess. Or maybe there is more than one - the one sunning himself yesterday seemed smaller...)
            (PPS - PEACH BLOSSOMS coming, I am in heaven)
            to the light

Comment

hey Marchers!
              I'm here Cyn-thanks for asking!! We've got blossoms up here too-cherry maybe?

Lav-that was such an adorable pic!! You are the best mimom!

The quilt show today was fantastic-I am blown away by the creativity and talent of this human race! I really restrained myself and did not buy any pieces but I did buy $110 worth of magazines and books for $13 and a gorgeous pair of handmade butterfly earrings for $8. Now that is shopping!

I also went to look at a couple of cars after the show and if all goes well I could be the proud owner of a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited by next week or the week after. It's a V8 with only 89570 miles on it and looks in mint condition. I of course will be getting it thoroughly checked out before I put any money down. I'll be getting 1200 for my pathetic Outback and I'm going to finance enough to pay my dad most of what I owe him for it. It will be a stretch budget wise but because the Jeep is a V8 and so big, I can probably hold off on putting brakes on the Paphut for a bit. Which means, drum roll please..... I won't have to sell it!! I'm being cautiously optimistic about this whole situation but I also know that if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, it's OK. I'll find something else and I'm not in a hurry to do so.

After the show and car shopping I came home and did some yard work -meaning I did the pooper scooper thing! :H I also got the hoses out and hooked up (no leaks for once!!), put out some agility equipment and set up the deck swing. We will now get a blizzard.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello hello, marching friends!

I could swear I posted earlier?! (insert Twilight theme song please).

I believe I was bitching some more about having had to go shopping today (blech) and I was complimenting Rustop on that pretty grey and offering my sympathy on the little JR passing. And I said something about having a talk with the vet when she comes out next month to look after all our critters about Shelby. The tumors in his mouth are spreading so rapidly now and are starting to impede his well being

What else? Oh, someone (forgive pea brain over here) asked about my horses... I only have the two; Trouble, a stubborn but gentle 25year old Arab/QH and my paranoid but utterly lovable Paint/QH Atlas. I've had Atlas for 2 years now, but only got Trouble last fall and he reminded me in many ways of Sophie. They share a similar past.

Anywho, dinner is done... tally-ho, wishing everyone a good night and sweet dreams! :l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

flap jacks are oat busicuits. You melt golden syrup in butter till its hot and sticky then add as much oats as you can press into a tin and bake. When they work right they are justa bit chewy. I guess thay are called something different in other places
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                  X