Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical March Madness - Week 3

Good morning everyone

:welcome: Sunni, good to have you on board. This is an amazing thread and you will learn all kinds of useful information, have a laugh and get to share your journey with wonderful people. Lav - congrats on your NF anniversary, you rock.

Was away for a night in a nice hotel with hubby so have to catch up on the posts. Sunday was Mother's Day here and yesterday was a public holiday due to St. Patricks day falling on a Saturday so it was a long week-end. This was the first time we got away on our own so beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel! We had a lovely meal and went for long walks so enjoyed it.

Things are back to normal today, school, college etc. Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

sdlovespackers;1283013 wrote: Evening Marchers!

It's so weird how differently I look at AL now...I honestly can't even believe it myself....I keep wondering if it's ever possible I'll go back to my old ways...or if this really is "me" now...you know what I mean??
      G'day Marching marvel's,

Hiya SD. Above comments got me thinking. For me, during about 2.5 yrs recently of sobriety (then a return to moderate, and boring, stressful, scary drinking, and now back on the serious AF trail very happily), i saw things in myself and in life that i'd only dreamed about before. This was me. So much potential, happiness, self esteem and magic that i've never forgotten what i became and what i created once sober. I have had many opportunities the last few months to go back to my old way's, and i could see that door, but i didn't, and i won't. I just don't want that life anymore. And the great news for me, is i am seeing evidence within my actions that my brick head actually believes it. No will power necessary really, just focusing on what i want, and i know i'm moving forward, slowly but surely. Bravo young man!

Hope everyone's having a positive week. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

SDLOVES PACKERS IS 9 MONTHS AF!

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS, SD!!!!!:yougo: I am so proud and happy for you! You have such a lively spirit...and you make us all smile every day. Congratulations, dear friend. ((((HUGS))))

Comment

Greetings one and all!
          Sunni you know I am always happy to see you! Glad you have joined us and I find your reasoning inspirational. You could so easily have gone the other way, as I have so many times. I'm glad you are going for the af choice. I find the changing of seasons difficult to. Many subtle drinking associations that go with it. Some you can't even spot. Stay strong!

SD, thank you for your inspirational words:
          ..It's so weird how differently I look at AL now...I honestly can't even believe it myself....I keep wondering if it's ever possible I'll go back to my old ways...or if this really is "me" now...you know what I mean??
          It seems it's your turn to be the leader and I the follower! Just like the migrating geese, we take turns and help each other on the journey.

G, you also inspire me with your message of strength and determination and just plain desire to be you! It will also help guide me in my moments of decision.

Lav, you are awesome in your tenacity!

Rusty, you are right in my back yard! Hey good thing you weren't at UD on the weekend though. They take their St. Pat's celebration to the limit! You wouldn't have been safe!

Hi Rustop, so glad you had some time with your hb. Sounds wonderful!

About ducks and hens: I used to keep chickens in a coup in out back yard. In the winter you have to keep the water above freezing for them, so ours was set up in an open pan on top of a heating coil. It was a harsh winter and our one lone duck wandered up from the pond area because the water had frozen solid. The dogs got a hold of him and injured him, so we had to nurse him back to health. We put him in with the hens. Well, that was not a good domestic situation at all! He pestered the hens to death. He'd nip at their toes when they were on their roost, he'd follow too closely and irritate them, but worst of all, he thought the water pan was his personal hot tub! He was always swimming in it, mucking up the water and splashing it out onto the floor! He soon became a very unwelcome guest as far as the hens were concerned!!!:H
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm going to let go of the duck dream Dill. My hens would kill me if I introduced a pest into their midst :H

Good morning everyonne! Just saying hello them I'm out the door, have to be ay my son's house by 8 am.
            Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday! Pray for strength for me today :H

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Guitarista;1283132 wrote: G'day Marching marvel's,

Hiya SD. Above comments got me thinking. For me, during about 2.5 yrs recently of sobriety (then a return to moderate, and boring, stressful, scary drinking, and now back on the serious AF trail very happily), i saw things in myself and in life that i'd only dreamed about before. This was me. So much potential, happiness, self esteem and magic that i've never forgotten what i became and what i created once sober. I have had many opportunities the last few months to go back to my old way's, and i could see that door, but i didn't, and i won't. I just don't want that life anymore. And the great news for me, is i am seeing evidence within my actions that my brick head actually believes it. No will power necessary really, just focusing on what i want, and i know i'm moving forward, slowly but surely. Bravo young man!

Hope everyone's having a positive week. :h
              Guitarista, this is a great post - thanks! It will give so much hope to anyone who is struggling. I feel very much the same as you although my longest period AF was only 3 months; I know it is early days for me at only day17AF but I look forward to what lies ahead.
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks Daisy, you're welcome.

The treasures of life really do unfold before us if we let them i've found. Great going on day 17! Keep it going. I am really seeing alcohol in any quantity as a serious and criminal waste of my precious time. And boring. I've drank enough booze for several lifetimes, so i've more than had my fill! hehe. It's time to unleash the G- force and live again.

Of course, to really live life to the fullest, i might need to get some chooks. ;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening magicals!

Mr. G - what a wonderful honest post - I think that if we go through this enough times, something just has to click sooner or later. I know for me, I continue to feel stronger with each relapse - that's why I think 4th time's a charm (he he - I know it should be 3 but obviously it wasn't for me). For each time I've come back, I find myself being more and more turned off from alcohol and what it does to me.

Daisy - 17 days is great and you know how much better 3 months will feel!

Is there any worse smell than a wet dog? Took ours for a walk tonight and let the crazy one off the leash to run a little - oh he ran alright - thru the swamp and briars and now is stinking up my laundry room. But of course being the good mommy I am, I wiped him down and stunk myself up in the process! Soooo off to take a shower, watch a little tv and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz time.

Good night all!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hello Marchers and other mad people!

I'm feeling better today; thank you all for the warm welcome and the words of wisdom. I knew you guys'd set me straight Still keeping my guard up, though.

Jolie... yes, yes there is. Wet dog after a roll in dead stuff. It's astonishing, the multitude of sins that are concealed by the snow and subsequently revealed. Which brings me to... Holy Mother of Spring Bulbs! What's with this weather!? It's gorgeous and I'm not complaining one little bit. I found said bulbs and hostas and a bunch of things that could be there for a reason or just be weeds. Time will tell.

G-man, I loved your post. Thank you.

Lav.. you and Mr. Wonderful. Now, he wants to build a little pond for ducks and whatnot! :H

SD.. big congrats on 9 months AF! You rock, girl!
                    Dilly-doo... long time, no type! So great to 'see' you! Love the hot tubbing duck :H

Ok, dinner bell, aka smoke alarm should be going off any time now.. better go have a peek Have a great evening, everyone!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am one tired MiMom tonight I gotta tell ya :H
                      A 13 hr babysitting shift of one EB & his 11 month old brother Will is about all I can handle - Geez!!!
                      My DIL told me she was going to nominate me for a Nobel Peace Prize for putting up with them all day :H :H The kids were bathed & in their PJs by the time they were picked up

G - I'll be happy to send you a few of my hens. They really are very nice & they don't all look as crazy as 'Stella' in my picture

Sunni, the ducklings were just so darned cute in the feed store!
                      But I understand they grow into large poop machines.......... just sayin!
                      Good luck if you do decide to get some & glad you are feeling better today!

Daisy - good going on 17 days - yay!!!

Jolie, I'm afraid there is no shortage of dead stuff laying on the roads & fields around here
                      Yesterday morning I noticed a real assortment - skunk, opossum, deer, etc. yuck!

Greetings to all the Marchers & wishes for a good night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey all!!

G--I guess that's what I was kind of talking about....only I honestly think this is the first time since being 21 (besides being pregnant with my son 10 years ago) that I haven't drank for this extend period of time ((sad, I know)). I'm not sure I even KNEW who I was...which was probably the scariest part of this journey so far...being comfortable with "just me". I feel like you, there really is no will power at this point because I love "this life"..and can't imagine ever going back to what I was...and yet am scared that somehow I'll do something to screw this up...always that little negative voice still..although she is getting smaller and quieter every day!! Thanks for your great post!!

Dill--you could never be a follower!! You will always be a leader...I honestly think of this group not as leaders and followers though...I think of us all walking side by side, arms linked...taking this journey one step/day at a time...helping and leaning on each other for support! :l

Rusty--You are just the best!! :l You give me so much encouragement almost every day...I don't know what I'd do with out you!! Love ya girl!!! :h

Daisy--Great job on your AF days!! Keep it up!!

Pap3, Star, Sped, Cyn, LBH, Sooty, Rustop, Chill, Lav, Jolie, Cass, Blondie...racking my tired brain here....lol....wishing you all a happy hump day!! Sweet Dreams y'all!!
                        SD
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Good morning everyone

Another beautiful spring morning, like you Sunni am going to enjoy it.

Well done SD on your 9 months and you too Daisy, days become months. Minding small children is exhausting, you do deserve a reward Lav.

I agree Jolie, nothing worse than wet dog. Our goldie frequently either rolls in something or gets wet and the place stinks.

Off swimming this morning, then school pick up, horse etc. so it is all go. Happy hump day one and all.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Marchers,

SD, I totally agree with your view that we are all standing side by side on this thread, very well said. But when I talked about the geese, well the story of the geese reminded me of this thread when I read it over a year ago. There is no consistent leader in the flock. The geese take turns. Here's the story:

Positive Inspirational Stories

Positive Featured Inspirational Story - June 2005

Lessons from Geese

'Individual empowerment results from quality honking'

Lessons from Geese provides a perfect example of the importance of team work and how it can have a profound and powerful effect on any form of personal or business endeavour. When we use these five principles in our personal and business life it will help us to foster and encourage a level of passion and energy in ourselves, as well as those who are our friends, associates or team members.

It is essential to remember that teamwork happens inside and outside of business life when it is continually nurtured and encouraged.

Lesson 1 - The Importance of Achieving Goals

As each goose flaps its wings it creates an UPLIFT for the birds that follow. By flying in a 'V' formation the whole flock adds 71 percent extra to the flying range.

Outcome

When we have a sense of community and focus, we create trust and can help each other to achieve our goals.

Lesson 2 - The Importance of Team Work

When a goose falls out of formation it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of flying alone. It quickly moves back to take advantage of the lifting power of the birds in front.

Outcome

If we had as much sense as geese we would stay in formation with those headed where we want to go. We are willing to accept their help and give our help to others.

Lesson 3 - The Importance of Sharing

When a goose tires of flying up front it drops back into formation and another goose flies to the point position.

Outcome

It pays to take turns doing the hard tasks. We should respect and protect each other's unique arrangement of skills, capabilities, talents and resources.

Lesson 4 - The Importance of Empathy and Understanding

When a goose gets sick, two geese drop out of formation and follow it down to the ground to help and protect it.

Outcome

If we have as much sense as geese we will stand by each other in difficult times, as well as when we are strong.

Lesson 5 - The Importance of Encouragement

Geese flying in formation 'HONK' to encourage those up front to keep up with their speed.

Outcome

We need to make sure our honking is encouraging. In groups and teams where there is encouragement, production is much greater. 'Individual empowerment results from quality honking'

Author Unknown

Happy Humpday, Marchers!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Welcome welcome Sunni and Jolie. It interesting to hear from others on this journey. There is something about warm weather that brings up thoughts of alcohol, although I don't know why. Keeping focused on feeling well, clarity, enjoying the weather, birds, those are the aspects of spring that should be enjoyed, not getting numb, being stupid, feeling like sh##.

Blonde, I am telling you that Jason Vale book has some really good mind tracks to keep us on track...so glad you read it and were able to get so much out of it, like me.

A lovely story, my nephew decided not to go on spring break as he does not feel like being involved in the heavy drinking. I was so happy to hear that, very unusual, what an honest, courageous young man. Clarity.

Watching the beginning of the sunrise, it is another lovely, warm, spring/summer like day. Blessings and peace to all today.
                              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Dill-thank you so much for that story!! I loved it!! Might have to print it out and post it on my office wall.

Star-your nephew deserves a hearty :goodjob:!! I can only pray my younger nephew will have that much sense in college. His older brother has not exhibited a tendency towards abnormal drinking but I fear he has.

Chill-so happy you are feeling more energetic. It's getting close to your move-please keep us posted and don't be afraid to let us geese close ranks on you to protect you from the turmoil!!

Rusty-hope you've dodged the storms so far. It's going to be a wild spring and summer I fear!

SD-CONGRATS ON 9 MONTHS!! WHOO HOO!! You go girl!! Yes the voice does get teeny tiny and easy to kick out!!

Lav-our Nobel Peace Prize for exceptional grandchildren development winner!! Get some rest today!!

Sunni and Daisy-welcome to the thread! Glad to have you join our flock!!

G-wise words as always!

Jolie-ugh! wet dog smell!

Rustop-have a lovely spring day in Eire!! We'll have to talk the closer my neph gets to his trip to Dublin.

I am procratinating horribly this morning and know I will be super late to work. No motivation at all. Bah.

I thought I was going to have my neice's tote bag finished last nite but between the traffic jam getting there and my ineptness, I only managed to finish the 2 shoulder straps and truth be told my instructor did the bulk of the work. Bah again. Next week.
                                On the good news front I don't have to work Easter Sunday so can join my family at my brother's house. Looking forward to a day out in Western MA!!
                                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X