Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical March Madness - Week 3

Good morning March friends!

Dill, I was thinking of you yesterday too!
    Glad you are OK.

FlyAway, we will be here to celebrate your 1 month AF with you

Hi chill! Good to hear Cassia is OK as well.
    Warmer weather is on the way, enjoy your walk

Greetings star, Blondie & everyone.
    Not sure yet what I'm doing today but I will figure it out soon enough.

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Absolutely beautiful day here on the east coast! Hoping to get my bike out and ride a little.

Looks like everyone is gearing up for a busy day - hope you all have fun whatever the day brings!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Mickey O'Papillon says Top O' the morning/day/evenin' to ye all!!

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy St. Paddy's day and to congratulate us all for getting through it AF!! I realize that we have a more hours to go in the Western Hemisphere but I have all the confidence in the world that we will make it!!

My vacation is pretty much at an end :upset: and athough I didn't get to most of my projects I did get to do some special things and I was able to get some good rest as well.

After a morning spent participating in agility runs then coming home to try to nap (failed miserably) I am now going to try to tackle the dishes and kitchen so that I start my week on a good clean note. Really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow (or at all for that matter!! ) but if wishes were horses...... as my dad always said.

Be back tomorrow nite or maybe later tonite. I have caught up with everyone's posts so please don't feel ignored.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

O'Lav finally washed a winter's worth of dirt off of her Chevy today :H :H
          It was really in sad shape but much better now! EB has been calling my car 'MiMom's dusty red chicken car :H :H

Also went to the store to buy a load of .99/lb. chicken thighs & drumsticks to toss on the grill tomorrow

Where in the world is our girl Rusty??
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening gang

Dill - good to see you, look forward to hearing your news

Jolie - enjoying the bike ride, I hope to manage some soon, I have only been on my old bike once in the last year and it used to be a daily activity.

Papmom - Glad you got some well earned rest as well as your projects, savour the remainder of your day off.

Lav - "dusty red chicken car" eh :H what a reputation you will have in the toddler community! Im ashamed to say mine is in a similar state (minus the chickens) and needs a thorough clean inside and out.

I awoke with a tornado of energy today and realized that somewhere in the last couple of weeks my fatigue has gone :yay: I got through a lot on my list as well as fitting in the gym and now intend to chillout on the sofa for a couple of hours before bed. Tomorrow is Mothers Day in the UK and my Sister is having the whole family over.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

chill,
              I just want to clarify......
              The only time(s) I have ever had chickens in my car is when I have driven them home from the post office. They come as day old hatchlings, 25+ of them stuffed into a box smaller than most shoe boxes :H :H
              I don't know where this kid comes up with his ideas but I don't want him starting any weird rumors about me at preschool :H :H
              Glad you've found your mojo
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

chill-despite the appearance of me being an energizer bunny this week, I do believe your fatigue left you, jumped the big pond and found it's way into my bod. I climbed into bed at 7pm and am struggling to keep my eyes open. I never really woke up today, even after 3 agility runs and a short walk in the park with DD. Hope this doesn't last very long!

Hmm. I have the papmobile, Lav must have the chickmobile!! :H:H JK Lav!! I believe you that the chicks were only in the car for the ride home. Now to convince EB!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

An easy thing, O Power Divine,
                  To thank Thee for these gifts of Thine,
                  For summer's sunshine, winter's snow,
                  For hearts that kindle, thoughts that glow;
                  But when shall I attain to this -
                  To thank Thee for the things I miss?

~19th-century poet named Thomas Wentworth Higginson

Hi Marchers, I thought I would share this verse with you because I found yet another way that it has meaning to me.....alcohol!

My Mom shared this with me years ago and I have been more or less "haunted" (in a good way) by it ever since. Over the years I have come to understand it in so many different ways. Now yet another. Here is a link to the entire article where I read it if anyone wants to see it. The article was written by a man whose father had just died and he was dealing with the stages of his grief. I saved the article in paper form more than 10 years ago, but I found it on the internet after some googling:

To Thank Thee for the Things I Miss - Obit Magazine

Chill I'm glad you found your energy once again, but Papmom, I'm sorry you misplaced yours! I hope it returns quickly. Lav, I never got back to you and your question: I wear a 7.5 shoe. LBH I loved your story! I think I shall refer to you affectionately as "Scarface". We share something in common there as I have quite a long scar from top to bottom on my nose from a traffic accident when I was 2. It's no longer very noticeable, but as a kid my dear brothers nick-named me "Zip" which was short for "Zipper-nose". Nice, huh?!!:H

:welcome: Jolie!

Not much news here really, just slogging my way through the last quarter of school. Spring break is the first week of April and we will be heading to New Orleans to see baby Emerson, my daughter's first born. He's 5 months now.

Star, Cyn, SD, Sped, Dew, Fly, Rustop, Blonde, Rusty, G, Greetings!
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Marchers,

Thank you for that link Dill.
                    Yes, it brought tears to my eyes but also a smile to my face - especially the line that says 'But I have attained a new tolerance for life's ambiguities'. I often think that we all had to go through the things we did to get to the place we are now & I am trying to be grateful for every bit of it, no matter what
                    Congrats on the arrival of your new grandaughter Emerson :l I'm sure a trip to NO to see her will be wonderful.

Looking outside at a foggy dampness right now but it is supposed to clear. I hope so because the plan is to cook lots of chicken outside on the grill then feed kids & grandkids later. The youngest Will is coming up on his 1st BD April 6. What a year it has been

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Morning Marching Friends,

I have been extremely busy and have been trying to catch up on everyone's posts.

Dill-thank you for that link. Like Lav, I was choked up, too. I am so thrilled that your family has grown to include a lovely granddaughter. I'm sure every moment with her is precious. I love her name, too...very unusual and regal as well. I will be thinking of you today as I leave for Dayton this afternoon.

The weather here has been fantastic! It was sunny and 80 degrees yesterday, but I know it won't last.

Fly-so sorry for your loss-I am glad you are here with us.:l

Lav-I went shopping with my friend yesterday and we saw a ceramic chicken and I thought of you! She knows you're my custom pillow designer.

Jolie-welcome back! It's great to see you here!

Chill-I am sooo glad you're back to feeling like your old self.:h I cannot imagine how some people who suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome manage to get through their lives everyday without leaning on AL or pills.

Blonde and Fly-I much more enjoyed and got so much more out of Jason Vale's book than Allen Carr's.

A big hello to Papmom, Star, Rustop, G, Cyn, LBH, Sped, and anyone I may have missed.

Well, friends....I will be in Ohio and Chicago this week so won't be checking in much. I think of you often. Have a fabulous AF Sunday!

Comment

Thank you Rusty and Lav for the congrats, but I must make a quick correction: my daughter's first born is a boy! Emerson James are his first and middle names! As my dear great Uncle Al from the Bronx would have said: " He's a bouncer!"
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill-thank you for the clarification!:H OOOpppppsssss. I am happy for your daughter and wish she lived closer to you.

Comment

Rusty,

Happy travels - I hear it was as warm out in Chicago last week as it was in the north east! Can't imagine what next week will be like.

Dill - beautiful name - I like the unique names that you don't hear much anymore. Now the weird ones are just weird (Apple is the only one I can think of but you know what I mean - these crazy stars and their too-out-there names)

Lav - hope the sun comes out soon - kind of yucky here and yesterday was so beautiful I think I'm getting spoiled - every day needs to be like that!

Dill - thank you so much for the meaningful words - beautiful verse and like you said - I think we can apply it so so many different things that happen in our lives - good and bad.

Papmom - hope you catch up on your rest - I've been dealing with fatigue lately as well - no fun being too tired to get the things done that need to get done. I think we all need a vacation

Chill - had to settle for a walk in the woods as hubby claims the bike has a flat tire (he locked it up in the shed for the winter). Wondering if that was just his excuse for not having to get it out

Just baked a cake - now wondering what else I can get into - I KNOW - TAXES! I can't believe I haven't done mine yet - this is the latest I've ever been.

Okay - oven is calling to say the cake's done.

Have a great day everyone!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hey Jolie-I don't think I properly welcomed you back!! So glad you have rejoined us!

Rusty-thanks for checking in and safe travels to Ill and Ohio.

Dill-safe travels to you too and thanks for that awesome quote!!

Lav-how was the BBQ?

Hope everyone in the midwest and northeast enjoyed the gorgeous weather today! We're on tap for more of the same throughout the week. My colleague as strict instructions to kick my butt and get me outside for a walk at lunchtime every day!!

I've enjoyed my week off. Sorry I didn't go into details but there wasn't anything spectacular. UNLESS.....
                              You count scoring a new pair of Bass boat shoes(mine were about 20 years old and downright dangerous on deck) for $32 (regularly $95) AND a huge Vera Bradley tote bag to match my purse for $52 (regularly $80). God my sis can shop the outlets!! :H We hit the ground running ("This is how I do the Outlets-Ladies room, food court for a snack and show your AAA card for a free book of coupons and discounts. Then we make our way back to the car. We're going to hit X, X and X stores and if there's anything you want to see just let me know."). I kid you not, those were pretty much her exact words!! I never would have done so well by myself. Actually, I never would have gone to the outlets period!! We had lunch after to cap off a very nice sister outing. That was on Friday and the only downside is that I had to work that nite. Otherwise I think we would have had dinner there too!!

Back to the grind tomorrow. :upset: I wonder if my boss will ever let me take 2 weeks off in a row???

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Well, everyone left happily stuffed full of grilled chicken :H
                                I have a good bit left over to use during the week ~ nice!
                                The sun did get here & it was nice to play with the kids outside.

Glad you checked in Rusty, have a safe week on the road.

I like hitting the Bass store at the outlets too papmom. Glad you had fun with that
                                Hope you can ease yourself back to work tomorrow!

Jolie - did you get to the taxes? The accountant has ours about done, glad for that!

Dill, I'm sorry I was the one who misread your post. Congrats on your granSON Emerson

OK, wishing everyone a good night!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X