Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday, March 19

Hello Abbers!

Great to be up and unhungover on Monday. I'm really feeling this week like I never want to go back to that life. I hope this feeling stays.

Shue - ditto the others - I love the Chicken Horror movie. Nice to have a good chuckle first thing on a Monday morning!!

Welcomd Ditzy!

Good job to everyone for staying AF this weekend! Each obstacle we pass through sober only makes us stronger.

Have a wonderful AF Monday all!

Comment

Hello friends!!

:H:H OMG! I've just spent a little time catching up on the thread and I went from smiling, to chuckling to laughing out loud!!! TDN!! How old was this monkey boy! Hilarious!

Sounds like everyone is doing great AF and celebrating milestones right and left!:goodjob:

St paddy's day was always a BIG drinking day since my college years. This year we were out of town for my son's b-ball tournament and a wedding. Which turned out to be an Irish ceremony with a huge party afterwards. I dropped hubby off at the reception and spent time with some of my family at supper instead. While I was there, of course I was offered beer and felt a twinge of wish I could. I can hold conversations, but I feel incredibly boring.

Anyway, later on back at the motel, some of the other moms stopped by my room for a little adult time. They had a bottle of bloody mary mix and get this.....a 1/2 pint of vodka! There were 4 of them!! Another couple stopped by, the husband is one of my hubbys drinking pals he looked at that and headed to the liquor store! It was such a real eye opener to see how "normal" people drink. I told them in my drinking days (even though I didn't drink much hard stuff--if that's all there was who cares) I would have took one look at that tiny bottle and said, thanks--where's yours?? They managed to get 8 DRINKS out of that bottle and had some left over!!! It was so funny to me!

I told them I hadn't drank any alcohol for almost 4 years and they were amazed and wondered why not even 1 or 2 at social events? Which there again a thought popped into my head like "Yah, why not? Maybe I could do that." But I told them if I had one drink I was likely to head over to that liquor store for a 12 pack and some smokes. And seriously--1 or 2 drinks? I just don't get the point.

When hubby arrived, they got to see him in true form and although already fairly inebriated, he brought a 12 pack with him and managed to suck down 4 of them in an hour. Then he proceeded to bug and tease my son who was trying to get some sleep for the basketball games the next day.

Anyway, it was a fun weekend. Now it is back to the real world and catch up time. Spring is rapidy approaching--yay! Along with bad storms already happening--Boo!
      So, I better get busy!

Have a great sober week all! Please don't pee in any flower pots!:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT25;1282738 wrote: They had a bottle of bloody mary mix and get this.....a 1/2 pint of vodka! They managed to get 8 DRINKS out of that bottle and had some left over!!!
        Eight??? Wow. That is all.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning BeFabbed.

Shue, thanks for starting us out. I definetely need my coffee this morning.

BIG COGRATS TO FLY....whoooo hoooo!!!! 30 days is a BIG step, and you past the text. Keep going, it gets much better much much much much much better

Sugar, you are really doing exceptionally well. I hope you go back and read every once in a while. (Your posts I mean... it SO shows your progress...).

Looking back, over the past months of posts, I think the references to revolting and hideous component (barfing dogs, barfing people, peed upon pansies, the annual collecting of excrement from the garden,,,, there is this theme.. is it Yuckalogically Fixated? Is this a March thing? If so, I get that totally. March sucks. But its getting better I hope. I have leetle tiny daffodil nubbies, foxglove starts, maltese cross, geranium leaves, tulip starts, iris starts, my oriental poppies are greening, the rododendron and azalea buds, the tree paeonie buds are swelling, and.....the BIRDS are everywhere...singing, flying about with nesting material, squabbling over seeds.. I LOVE it

Like Shue I have snow on the mountains and leaves to pull back in my garden... YAY! And no hangover to prevent me from getting out there.

One thing is for sure!!!

Mom of 2, your avatar is GORGEOUS, can you explain where that was taken and how? For those of you asking where I am, I mostly photograph in Western Canada, occassionally in the Arctic, subtropics, for work. I am a plant and animal biologist/toxicologist, soon to retire completely YAY. The Marsh photograph yesterday was taken yesterday morning at a little man made wildlife sanctuary in downtown Kelowna BC Canada.

Kaslo of the brown lawns, blue rivers and white mountains
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Greetings FABbers!

It is great to start the day with a laugh and some wonder! Thanks, peeps. I love it here.

Fly - you're doing it! 30 plus days is a milestone to be proud of. It only gets better.

Welcome, Ditzy! I hope you stick around. And MumofTwo, I'm also thrilled to see you posting here now, too! I came to this thread early in my last and final quit. There's a lot of wisdom and inspiration in these parts for living happily and free from addiction.

It's paperwork o'rama for me for awhile. While it's not my favorite thing...it always feels good to finally finish it.

LVT - no peeing in the flower pots?!?! Are you hiding your pansies just to be on the safe side? )
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone - huge well done to everyone who got through the St Patricks +/ mothers day weekend without AL.

Welcome to Ditzy. Suggest Ditzy you also look at the Newbies Nest thread in the just starting out session, it is great for those starting out on their journey.

I was at my doctors this am for an unrelated appointment, but I happened to mention that I had quit alcohol 25 days ago ( after routinely drinking 35-50 units a week) and she was very supportive and pleased with me and said its so easy to slip into the alcohol trap and have to drink more and more each night to "relax".

Not much else to say, need to supervise homework, but I'll read over the threads again later before bed.

Take care all,

Sausage x
              Day 25

Comment

LVT25;1282738 wrote: I told them I hadn't drank any alcohol for almost 4 years and they were amazed and wondered why not even 1 or 2 at social events? Which there again a thought popped into my head like "Yah, why not? Maybe I could do that." But I told them if I had one drink I was likely to head over to that liquor store for a 12 pack and some smokes. And seriously--1 or 2 drinks? I just don't get the point.
                LVT25 - your post is so true and funny. My husband likes to have one and sometimes two of those very weak drinks and I feel the same way - what's the point? It's amazing from a sober point of view to think of what we considered a "normal" drink! Food for thought. :H

Comment

Kaslo--What a beautiful photo! I love the reflection in the water. Glad to hear that you're finally feeling better.

Shue--Thanks for getting us started. Ugh, the thought of your dog rolling in dead stuff! I once lived on a farm and my dog would run out into the cow pasture and roll in the cow patties.

Almost--Did your handyman ever show?

Mum2--I've always found that a couple months in was when I'd start having cravings. Don't know if it has to do with letting your guard down or what. Well done.

TDN--Wow, what a school!! Sorry to hear about the man from AA.

Sugar--I am loving your positive attitude!

Blonde--Great job over St. Patrick's Day! I agree about your hubby drinking less too. Love the Vale book! I'm glad that you read it.

Ditzy--Hello Day 2! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. It gets easier.

LVT--A half pint made 8 drinks? Wow, that would have been about 2 drinks for me.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the congratulations. I really have no desire to drink. I hope it lasts!

Comment

Congratulations FlyAway!! :goodjob:

Comment

Good afternoon, Fabberoonies!

First off... Shue, my condolences. Thankfully, Shelby is not a roller (high or otherwise) but I've had my share of very dead bits and aromas. Shame you're so far away or you could borrow my trailer :H Which, incidentally, I may have to get unstuck later today. Have to see if Mr. Wonderful will lend a hand, foot, or whatever it may take. Had a call from my friend/coach announcing the start of riding lessons tomorrow.

I keep forgetting who else said they had horses... give me a kick in the rear, so I'll remember, will ya? Pressure hose certainly would be the way to go at the moment... IF Atlas wasn't such a chicken. Can't even get near him with the garden hose (but we'll work on that this summer :ey.

Also... huge congratulations, everyone racking up days and mile stones. Bloody well done! As for me... I've actually popped an Antabuse today. It must be the weather... I believe I'm in the beginning stage of a relapse. You know... the one you should see coming from a mile away and that, in the end, isn't spontaneous at all. Well, not this time, buster.

In other news, the tack room is shaping and filling up, indeed!

Have a fabulous rest of the day, everyone... I'll be checking in again tonight!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The damn handyman blew me off because there is a chance of rain. Puhhhhleeeze spare me! More accurate would be" I take on too much work and you aren't fitting in my schedule."

TDN- ooh ooh ooh ahahahah ( that's my attempt at monkey speak!). Thanks for the laugh!

TDN- ooh ooh ooh ahahahah ( that's my attempt at monkey speak!). Thanks for the laugh!

LV- sooo funny and true. I can remember a woman bringing a bottle of wine to our out of town sporting
                          event for 4 of us to share. Uh huh! And I wasn't even in full lush mode back then.

Ditzy- welcome!

Sunni- I bet you are more handy than my handyman!

Blonde- we are on day 27. Yippee. I can almost see the big 3 0 and LibraryGirl is right on our tail.

Hi Mum, Sausage, Kaslo, Green, Turn, lavande, mylife.... Please forgive me if I forgot you. My brain is filled with angry thoughts toward my handyman! Arghhh

LV- sooo funny and true. I can remember a woman bringing a bottle of wine to our out of town sporting
                          event for 4 of us to share. Uh huh! And I wasn't even in full lush mode back then.
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Sunni, your post made me smile ... Will close my eyes now and dream of riding "Ah de oro", my horse for 5 days in Argentina.

Sweet dreams everyone !
                            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Happy to report egg production was good today so I guess the girls weren't too offended by yesterday's chicken BBQ :H :H

Sunni, gorgeous pics
                              You should be very proud of yourself & the great work you do. Don't let any shitty drinking thoughts get in your way. Glad you chose the Antabuse today :l

I need to order a mulch delivery but have no idea how much to get
                              This is the kind of BS I could use help with but the YB doesn't seem too interested, damn. I'll figure it out eventually.

Good to see everyone checking in today!
                              LVt, pansy peeing is something I've never personally considered doing :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

everything is better with meyer lemons.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X