Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday, March 19

Quick pop in to Say Hi.

Sunny - OHHH OHHH OHHH - my daughter and I are soooooo jealous..what a beautiful tack room. We have a shed, which is covered in dust and chaff on the floor (combined tack and feed shed)..ever tried to tell a 13yr old to keep it clean LOL..'yeah mum, I'll do it after I have taken my unicorn for a ride around mars..' :H.. she keeps all her expensive tack in the house, so yes...my lounge room is never neat and tidy LOL

Kalso - what an interesting job you have..as for the avatar..I just got it from the list of avatars on MWO..so sorry..no special photo talent here

Lav - glad you did not scare the egg laying out of the chooks ..we are going to get chooks too..one day..when DH builds the chook pen that he has been meaning to build for the past two years....

Ditzy - Welcome, I am new here too and are am slowly getting to know everyone

Wishing everyone a great Monday evening.

Will check in later
    xx

Comment

MumOfTwo! Yes! That's who! :H
      Actually, ours is a combined feed & tack room as well. With just 2 horses I don't need that much room to warrant an entire room That big box with the seat cushion is my feed box. Since you weren't there for the months and months of me boring everyone, I'll quickly explain... we are building a timber frame barn with 3 12x12' stalls (yes, three... 'cause you never know!)

This is what they look like:

Oh.. and this was today... some of the crud must have dried and fallen off... they looked MUCH worse yesterday:

How about some pictures of your critters?
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I want stables like that..:upset::upset: will need to win the lotto to pay for those..very expensive here..

We just have shelters for the horses as it does not really get that cold at all (maybe 10deg C in winter) and summers are hot 30 to 40deg C. no green pasture (expect in winter) ..just yucky sand..did I mention we need rain too LOL.

Will find some pics and post..must run..need to take kids to school..will be back soon

I see you compete (I see the rosettes), what do you compete in ?

nothing like hiking this thread with horsy stuff :H

xx

Comment

Sunni- love the pics. Your horsies are gorgeous!
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

TDN-I'll be up to stay in your cottage in a few weeks! :H And if that isn't available, can I stay in your tack room Sunni? It's freaking gorgeous!! You must be so proud of the work you and Mr. Wonderful have done!!

LVT-glad you had a fun weekend at the tournament. To me it sounded like a nightmare with all the drinking and hubby being obnoxious but then again there is a reason I'm not married!! Don't let that stinkin' thinkin' get the best of you after 4 great years of being AF!!

Ditzy-:welcome: !! I definitely recommend the Newbies Nest as well as our thread. There is just something really special about bieng in company with people at the same stage as you are.

I have a dead animal story too! Let the boyz out yesterday and after a few minutes I heard DD give his tattle tale bark so I ran out. LM was pulling at something under the chainlink fence. I screamed at him to leave it and once I got him away I saw it was a dead squirrel!! No idea how it got there but a rear leg was chewed pretty good. Its at the side of the road now waiting for the street sweepers to come by (watch this be the year the city says they can't afford to sweep!). Thank god for DD is all I can say!!
            So begins Spring-the season of renewal and stinky stuff!! I do have crocuses in bloom and daffs just about to.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I don't have a dead animal story yet this Spring but I will.......
              It will most likely feature Maxie & a dead baby groundhog :H :H
              She just loves those damn things :H

MumOfTwo, it's a lot easier to build a chicken coop than a horse barn, I'm sure.
              Take a look at www.backyardchicken.com for all kinds of ideas

I have 13 hours of babysitting to do tomorrow
              It's not getting any easier because I also have to take EB to preschool & pick him up afterwards. Then again, I could be stuck inside working all day
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Late night check-in, as promised

Came in from the barn at 11:15pm... man, I'm pooped. But the good news is, that the horse trailer is unstuck and hence, I shall haul Atlas off to the first ride of the year tomorrow! Whoohoo!

MumOfTwo.... got your PM, thank you.. and will reply tomorrow when I'm (hopefully) a bit more coherent than now

Almost... thank you very much. However, gorgeous is not the word that comes to mind looking at those two crusty creatures right now :H

PapM, I am thrilled to bits, I really am. I mean, there is still much work to be done but it seems that progress comes much faster now (or is just more 'visible')

Lav... Do you grill your Piggy Swissy's finds?? :H Omigosh... thirteen hours, huh? You're a better woman than I am! I will have a look at your chicken coop link.. that's also still on my radar. I miss my cluckies.

Well, another day is in the bag and I feel better now, than earlier in the day. I'll keep up the AB for a while until I am on more solid ground again. Thank you all, it's such a relief to be able to come here and voice those concerns. :l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X