Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday April 5

Happy Honking AF morning to you all!

I'm feeling a wee bit sore from my workout yesterday, but it's a good sore. Like my muscles are saying, "Hey, what's going on?"

Dizzy--Way to go on Day 10!

Sugar--I think you're on Day 45 based on where I think I am!

Wishing you all a fabulous day! Attached files [img]/converted_files/1821334=6742-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1821334=6743-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Now why in the hell do I have those attachments to my last post?

Comment

just finished work for 4 days easter break oh joy
        I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

OMG DET! I did not see your PUG limerick until now! How Cute! But, Shue's right - off to Europe with you - you'll fit in fine with all the CHEESE there!

The ball-less Wolf is resting comfortably after a wild night of bouncing around off the walls.

Uni - if you make it back here today - know that we are pulling for you. You are taking steps to heal and get stronger. You will do it. I know it.

Today - I am ready for new adventures in my life. I am starting accordian lessons! I have wanted to do this for years!

Hugs to all my FABbies....sprinkled with joy and goodness!
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Turn - accordeon, really? What's next , yodeling?

I am still in the office and I need a hug ... gotta finish this business plan tonight no matter what !!!
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

(((( HUGS )))) to you shue!
              Get your project done & get home

Turn, glad your patient is resting comfortably
              Good luck with the accordian lessons. We can have a real live polka band going at some point ~ sweet!

Uni, I hope things work out for you in every way possible. Focus on today, your recovery & the rest will work itself out.

Raven, enjoy your holiday.

FlyAway, are you using Photobucket to post your pictures? That's the only way I've figured out how to embed pictures in a post here.

OK, lunch break is over....
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:l Coming right up!

Just a quick peek in... Mr. Dyson is waiting for me.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Aww Shue, another long night. It can't last forever (I hope). :l

Comment

thank you Lav ... one more hour should do ...then I'm going to crash ...

you know this would have typically been my time to drink - open a bottle in the office and work away on my own ... THEN ... drive home ... THEN .. have more wine.

NOT anymore, NOT anymore

I sent my little elf to get me 3 bottles of Perrier and lime before she went home ... so I am stocked (almost type stacked)

edit : thank you FLY

Comment

hidy ho ABeroooooos near and far!

thanks for the lovely start DizzyB I'm a coffee nutter all the way. today was Allegro French roast.

ok Turn, how about a yodacordion? it's an accordion with a mouthpiece so you can yodel into it. boy, it looks like I'm ready for another coffee

great job on the AF times everyone!

if there's anyone out there lurking, please hop in if sobriety is your goal. tons of good energy abounds.

found myself getting annoyed at my work today, so taking a time out to breath, center and check in with my family here.

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I had a bit of a wobble with TWO of my clients today and I really really wanted a drink around five pm today. So I locked myself in my room with some easter eggs and a few episodes of American Horror Story and now I'm better.

The Friday before I quit drinking my dad got diagnosed with cancer and the Saturday I fell flat on my face and bust my lip badly as I rushed to the hospital after he had part of his colon removed so its been a bit of a journey for me. That was the catalyst that caused me to stop for now - I couldnt support my family while I couldnt even look after myself. I've been in such a happy 'honeymoon' space because of the non drinking but obviously there's still a lot of emotion there just under the surface. And I'm going to have to learn that there are still going to be good days and bad days. And that clients are not always going to be happy with my work (and that this will not always be my fault as everyone has a right to their own opinion when it comes to writing)

Anyhoo, just had to get that off my chest. Its OK to be sad, its OK to cry, its OK to have emotions, its darn better than just botlling it up with the bottle.

I hope you guys are doing better.

Oh hahahaha! The real reason I came here (she says while drying the tears) was to chirp in about how to inbed pics.
                        Search for a pic, for instance I searched for 'laughing cat' in google images. Then pick one you like and click on it. On the right hand side you will see a blue hyperlink saying Full-size image, click on this. Now you click on the little picture of the mountain above here (when you hover over it it says Insert Image) and you paste the url in there. Whala, all done.

Comment

Dizzy , cry your eyes out, because that would be the normal way to deal with grief, not hitting the bottle.

Post here every time you feel like you're having a wobble, it is amazing what online energy can do to you.

Big hug from me, maybe you'll have to make coffee again tomorrow morning as I'll surely be pooped.

here are my 2 kitties to cheer you up while you brush your teeth

Comment

Aahhh such cute kitties - very beautiful thanks for the advice. And yeah, photobucket works obviously for your own photos, I just sometimes use random photos.

I was just telling someone earlier today to allow themselves to be sad and as I'm alone tonight (and to be honest thankful that I am) I will do just that. Just curl up with some movies and just be sad. I can be happy again tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll be the first one awake at the weekends even if I'm an hour ahead of you here but I'll 'put the kettle on' if I'm here first.

You're right, these forums and this thread and the topa one has made a big difference in my life already.

Lots of hugs.

Comment

Hi everyone
                              Dizzy- love your chocolate bunny picture!
                              Well hope everyone has had a good day - Shue you sound to be working v hard - hope you get a break over the Easter weekend.
                              Blonde - interested in your recipie - have been baking myself today , a gluten free chocolate cake and bread. Am trying harder at developing my gluten free cooking/ baking, now I'm AF and have more time / more motivated. Presume you didn't make this lavender loaf GF as it wasn't for you? How did it turn out . I didn't know you could get culinary "edible" lavender !!
                              Well day 42 is at an end, felt v relaxed with no cravings at all tonight. Maybe I've turned a corner. I'm not getting complacent though, I have relapsed several times before, with a lot more AF time under my belt than this.
                              Take care all
                              Sausage x. Day 42

Comment

well ... business plan done ... in less than a week ...

ah .. ain't it grand when interlocking formulas don't get corrupted in successive cashflow applications ...

looove being AF, good night peeps

Comment

Working...
                                X