Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock - Week 3

Evening Guys

Rusty - please let us know how you are doing, what about the appeal process? You mentioned a friend before who gave you some good advice.

Cyn - Thanks for the info on Dr Mark Hyman, I had a quick look and im going to enjoy reading his articles when I have more time, I have bookmarked the Ultrawellness Center. He has written lots for the Huffington Post and I will now receive his updates through FB. Enjoy getting home to your furkids.

Sunni - what vibant coloured crocus's. You have it even colder than me, im afraid I couldnt cope with that.

Jolie - I heard a strange tip the other day on lowering your BP, eat a handful of raisins, I have no idea if it works but apparently if it is slightly high they can have a quick effect on it.

My Sister has dedicated her life to raising 3 lovely sons and has stayed with her very selfish arrogant husband even although they live quite separate lives. Her youngest Son is still at home and I wonder if she will finally have the courage to leave once he has flown the nest. I did wonder a few years ago if she was having an affair with this friend who has been terminally diagnosed and I actually came out and asked him one Christmas about 4 years ago. He told me "no" but said they were very close and he had helped her through some difficult times with her husband. All I know is that her face would light up every time she mentioned his name and im so sad for her right now.

Well tomorrow is my last day in Scotland and I still have lots to do! Im having lunch with my Parents and will just manage to fit in a final early spin class at my gym if I get my ass to bed right now

p.s. x post Blondie - Good to see you checking in.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Chill - thanks for the advice and I've never heard that before. When I came home on Sunday after the bp check, I googled how to quickly lower my bp and eating dark chocolate was one of the top 3 - never heard that before either! As a sister, I think it would be reallly hard to see my sis in such a sad situation but we can only do so much. She deserves happiness just as much as anyone else - hope she finds it soon!

Rusty - I am checking out that other thread as soon as I finish here!

Sunni - what a beeeutiful pic! Flowers reallyh have the power to lift my mood and yours did just that!

Had a wonderful visit from my daughter this evening. I really miss her and didn't realize that she's been living on her own for almost a year! Life is about constant adjustments and I guess how we deal with them sometimes determines our level of happiness. I thought I would fall into this deep depression when she moved out but I haven't and it's ultimate brought hubby and I closer. Still waiting on grandchildren from my son but I can wait - all in due time.

Okay - off to bed for me. Ooops - almost forgot - went to the doc and she put me back on the additional bp med I was taking a month ago. Blood pressure was a very healthy 110/70 so I am back in the groove!

Have a great sober evening everyone!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good evening all,

Long day with a lot of twists & unplanned turns - oh well.

Cyn, glad you are back on your home turf
        You are right about me being run ragged (for the most part). The old me would be huffing & puffing & trying to control things. Now I'm just kind of sitting back & observing.....interested to see where the universe drops me :H I know the changes I would like to see but I'm beginning to understand that the things I've always wanted just may not be the right things for me ~ if that makes any sense.

Jolie, good on the B/P - so important!!!!
        I always hoped that the kids leaving would wake my husband up finally but I guess that was't meant to be.

Chill, the nitric oxide in raisins relaxes blood vessels thereby reducing B/P. They also act as a laxative :H Whatever works, right?
        I hope your last day in Scotland is a good one. You know we'll all be watching your every move!!!

Rusty, glad you popped in today

OK, wishing everyone a very, very good night!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

quick jump in to say Safe Travels Chilli!! Have a great last day in Scotland and make it all you can! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear about the move and how it is to settle down in a different place.

zoom zoom.....
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hi everyone

Glad you popped in Rusty, sending you lots of strengthening vibes to get you through this difficult period.

Welcome back Cyn. Shout out for Shelly and Sooty, we have not heard from them in a while.

Just back from swimming. I am now doing lenghts of the pool, although still have a lot of work to do on my breathing. It is fantastic exercise and while I prefer to be moving in the deep end, rather than treading, I am becomming more comfortable. I intend to keep it up.

Off to grab a quick bite of lunch as my daughter finishes school half day on Wednesday.

Happy Hump Day.

Rustop
            Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Happy hump day Flockers

Looks like some much needed rain is on the way. My broccoli will be happy.
              I'm off to Curves for a half hour of fun then straight back home to prepare for a daughter/granddaughter visit & overnight stay.

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a fantastic AF Wednesday!!!!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good morning to all...

Rusty, thanks for stopping in,

Chill, have a good day, safe travels tomorrow...

To all, have a great day!
                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Safe travels Chill.. hope all goes well!
                  Lav, happy curving, Jolie, happy raisining (yes, it's a word - now).
                  Rusty, thinking of you, and hello to Cyn, Star, Rustop, Blondie, Fly, and all I have unintentionally missed.

I'm really in the grove work wise this week... so I don't have time to blabber on and on.. you're welcome! :H

Have a fabulous Wednesday, everyone!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Sunni what beautiful crocuses!

Cyn--Thanks for the recommendation of Dr. Hyman even though it wasn't for me! Lots of good stuff there.

Blonde--I know what you mean about the energy from negative people. I feel like it sucks the life out of me. I struggle with depression as it is. I don't need someone else's negativity!

Chill--Wow, your last day in Scotland! How exciting for you and sad at the same time.

Jolie--I'm glad that you updated about your blood pressure. Dark chocolate sounds good to me!

Lav--I don't know where you get your energy. I'm tired just reading about your babysitting!

Rustop--Oh I envy you having a pool nearby. What great exercise. My doctor recommended that I swim in a heated pool for my fibromyalgia, but the nearest one is 45 minutes away.

Hi Stargazer.

Well I have been feeling really, really down for the last few days and I have no idea why. Damn depression taking over. To the point where I don't want to get out of bed or bathe. Too tired. :upset: I had bought some Amoryn a few weeks ago based on Lav's suggestion but didn't take it because I was feeling so well. Yesterday I started taking it. I hope it helps because I don't know what I'll do otherwise. I can't take antidepressants. The good news is that I have absolutely no desire to drink. I thought about it last night, not in a longing way at all but more like this would be the time I'd normally be drinking. And honestly the idea of it was revolting. Even the idea of drinking my formerly beloved vodka made me think "Yuck!" So I guess it's not all bad.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Fly, please go ahead & take the Amoryn. It worked so well for me & quickly too after failing on Lexapo.
                      I took one in the AM and one before dinner everyday & noticed a big difference after just a few days. Hope you get the same great results

Hi to Sunni, Star & every honker stopping by today :H
                      Daughter & Lily here at the moment. Matilda is worn out & napping :H
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Fly,

Sorry to hear about the depression. I've had bouts of depression before and took 5htp - don't know that it made a huge difference but I'd follow Lav's advice on this one. Hope you feel better soon!

Chill - hope your last day in Scotland was a good one - looking forward to hearing all about the move and how you are adjusting!

Sunni - ha ha - "raisining"? I'd really prefer to try the chocolate covered coffee beans my daughter brought me back from Mexico a couple of months ago

Happy hump day to Star, Papmom, Blondie, rustop, Rusty, Lav - where's Bouv?

Hope everyone has a great AF evening!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good morning everyone

Bright sunny morning here, hope it lasts. Busy morning ahead so this is a quick one.
                          Going to have my eyes tested. I have not renewed my glasses in years. Went to the dentist on Tuesday and I have this today. I have been putting it off for ages so it feels good to get it done.

Fly - hope your mood soon improves. 5htp or l-tryptophan are recommended by Dr. Patrick Holford to take when you are quitting alcohol. I take the l-tryptophan, the combination of vitamins certainly help with cravings, not sure about mood.

Everyone else big hello and have a great Thursday.

Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good morning to all...

Chill, thinking of you today. Hope you will have access to the internet!

Fly, have you ever considered counseling to help with the depression? Sometimes there is no magic pill, and the best outcomes for depression and anxiety are to do both! Meds and counseling. You have to find someone you connect with though, it can really help. Hope you feel better today and can get outside a bit.

Sunni, hope the weather continues to be pleasant so you can work outside.

Lav, take it easy if you can.

Rustop, glad to hear you are taking care of business.

Jolie, good to hear from you.

I have to work and really feel like staying home. Have to hurry as I need to be in early. To all, have a great day.
                            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

I'm feeling a bit better mood-wise today. Just have a raging headache. I'm waiting for Blondie's check in. She should be coming home today.

I have tried a few counselors over the years but never really felt like it helped or that I really connected with one. Part of that was me though. The truth is that I was never brutally honest. I'm always so worried about making a good impression on people that I'd never really just let it all hang out. One counselor I saw was nice, but I didn't feel like she gave me anything to work with. All she wanted to do was EMDR. I saw her for 5 months. About 4 months into it I told her that I didn't feel that EMDR was working for me and I wanted to try cognitive therapy. She didn't really have much to offer. I'd talk and basically figure out the "whys" of things and she'd nod her head. But knowing why things are the way they are doesn't change anything. The last counselor I saw was a real fruit loop and actually fell asleep during our last session. I think I've done more for myself by reading books than I got in any therapy session.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Morning, all -

Chill, I didn't realize that yesterday was your last Scotland-living day! I hope your leave-taking went well, and that your pathway forward is like 'the yellow-brick road', filled with interesting and wonderful people. (Which of course it will be, since you attract them). So so sorry to hear about your sister and her dear friend. Life is so short...

Rusty - thanks for posting - I also meant to say 'thanks' for the update about how you've handled your rosacea, that info is so helpful. I saw my dermatologist in my former city-home, and she gave me some stuff too. I still think it is basic inflammation, so am working at it from all angles. At least I can go out of the house now, though my makeup technique is like 'paint by number'.

Star - so good to hear from you. How is your mood generally? Are you feeling better with the spring? You sound busy...

Rustop - you are such a model, taking on something that you feared and conquering it. Thanks for the example!

Fly - congrats congrats on your 60 days. As you know, I also have fibromyalgia, and I can report that with this new (restrictive!!) diet that I'm doing, the plus side is that my pain has been reduced by about 90%. I used to be on naprosen as a constant dose every day -- now I rarely take it. I too have the same depression that goes hand in hand with fibro...the food changes haven't helped with that, but I'm going to look into it. I'm reading a great book called The Chemistry of Calm, and the same author wrote a book about the chemistry of depression, so I'll let you know. Good luck - hope you feel lighter today...

Congrats to you too Blonde on 60 days --

Sending all big wishes for a good day -
                                to the light

Comment

Working...
                                X