April AF Flock - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock - Week 3

Cyntree what is the name of the diet you're on? I have had joint and muscle pain since I was a kid. The first time my neck locked up on me was when I was 8-years-old. In my 30's I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. I definitely have some autoimmune issues.

Where is Ladybirdheart? Seems like it's been a while since I've seen her.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hey Flockers,

Haven't had a single moment to check in today!
      Started out with a 9 am Vet appt for Matilda (she did great). The rest of the day I've spent with my daughter & Lily & they're staying overnight again tonight. My son stopped over after dinner with the 2 grandsons & the fun just continued :H

Congrats to the two 60 day AF'rs Fly & Blondie!!!!

Fly, hope you had a better day today. I agree with cyn, reducing inflammation by altering your diet is the way to go. Dairy & wheat are apparently huge problems for some of us. For me it was primarily dairy. I also pretty much stay away from soy (causes the same problems as dairy).

Greetings to my virtual sister Dill, my near neighbor Jolie. Rusty, LBH, Shelley, Sooty where are you? SD, cyn, papmom how about you? Star, Rustop & anyone I have missed ~ greetings

Chill, hope the move is going well for you!

I'm beat & going to call it a day. Wishing everyone a great AF night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Im here!!

Had an early start and did the drive in 5.5 hours. Moving has got to be one of the most anxiety triggering activities and as I watched my belongings getting bumped around and mishandled, squeezed into my tiny storage facility then be left with a zillion boxes of "stuff" with no where to put them.....I constantly repeated "and this too shall pass" :H

So I'm already half unpacked, Elle and I slept comfortably in our attic room and I'm back in bed with my herbal tea. I have to say Im feeling very excited about everything and have a strong sensation that the Universe is supporting me. There is so much I'm itching to get started with but for today I will finish unpacking then go exploring!

Back later......
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good morning everyone

:goodjob: Chill - so pleased you got there and are getting settled. You are one strong lady, I admire you so much.

Just had a lovely walk and am sitting here with coffee catching up. Nothing major planned for today. Getting my new glasses next week plus prescription sunglasses. I only use glasses for tv and driving and he told me that I probably wont need them for reading for another 20 years!!

Going to an Ideal Homes exhibition tomorrow am with hubby. Have not been to one in years.

Hope everyone has a lovely week-end and :l to anyone having a hard time.

Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good morning to all...

Chill, great that you are there and settled quickly. The positive vibes will go a long way to you success. How fun and exciting to explore a new area. I have to ask, how is the weather there? Warmer? I hope so.

We had a lovely warm breezy sunny day here in the Midwest, and I was able to get a walk in along a riverfront!! This has been the nicest spring ever, I love it.

Rustop, good for you with the new glasses. Don't they have the cutest frames?

Cyn, my mood has been pretty good most of the time, work is good for the most part (it is still work, ha ha) and I am following the 80/20 rule, eating good for aabout 80% of the time, and doing what I want 20% of the time. So, am I losing weight, no, but I am maintaining and feeling pretty good most of the time.

Fly, so sorry your therapists sounded like nightmares, forcing EMDR and then the other person falling asleep? What? That is so unethical, I am so sorry that happened to you. I too believe in cognitive behavioral therapy, wish you could find a good person who has lots of knowledge about CBT and you connected with. Therapy is lots of hard work and you have to find a good person who is on the same page with you. Gee, could I be speaking from experience?

Lav, have a great day. Hello to all, hope you all come visit this weekend, we need some more interaction on this thread.
            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

I'M BAAACCCKKKK!!!

Hi Everyone! Hi Fly...yep, I'm here alright...checking in! Boy is it GOOD to be home! Got in late last night...dang, that drive up to Burlington, VT and back is looooonnnng! Well, to give you an idea, 4 hours, but for a girl that doesn't get in a car much that seems to be a long time for me...hee hee. But the drive back was lovely through the green mountains and all. What a beautiful state. Burlington was a great little city...clean and hip. Our Mariott was across the street from Lake Champlain and it was lovely. Walked down to the shore path a few times. Also managed to use their pool and hot tub downstairs as well as fitness area. Still kept up with my workouts and I am proud of myself for that.

CHILL!!!! Best of luck on your journey my friend! We are all wishing you good luck! May your angels of adventure be right by yourside...guiding and protecting you! I am so happy for you!

Hope you have all had a great week. Missed the day to day check ins with you all. Thanks for thinking of me since I saw my name a few times mentioned in the threads.

As usual, when coming off a work related inspirational training conference, I am all pumped up with ideas and energy to make positive changes at the store. Glad my owners went with me and the other manager so we are all on the same page with new techniques. It was called "Rising Stars Seminar" and was specificially for managers within the natural food store industry. Very cool to get to meet other folks dealing with the same industry specific issues that I face on a day to day basis. I hope I can keep up the momentum I am feeling right now

Well, time for some more "jet fuel" (in other words, I SADLY missed my own coffee...you know, the kind you can "chew" on it's so strong...lol). Also, I haven't had a decent breakfast all week so I'm gonna go and make me some eggs! Now if I only had access to fresh ones from my own hens like dear Lav

May peace and joy shower you alll today...make it a wonderful one!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

PS...tomorrow is 60 days for me I believe!!!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hello Flockers -

Congrats Chill on the move - you sound like you managed to stay afloat quite well through all the stress and chaos. Can't wait to hear how your 'exploring' goes...how is Elle doing with the changes?

Lav, what a schedule you are keeping?!!

Star - so glad to hear you are enjoying the spring...

Fly - I am on a self-made 'diet' to take out all inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy), plus yeast-contributing foods (vinegar, dried fruits, soy sauce, mushrooms, etc). Also, like Lav, I am finding that soy is not great, so that's out now. Doesn't leave much but non-gluten grains and veggies... I am going to add back small amounts of animal protein, as I can't use soy or tempeh to help boost the protein. I did find a good non-soy protein drink mix, though. Allegedly no caffeine, but I have to draw the line there - I do mostly green tea, but some black tea, and now and again an espresso if I feel really desperate. If it weren't making things better little by little I sure wouldn't stick with it. There's great information on Dr Mark Hyman's site:Dr. Mark Hyman | Physician | Advocate | Educator.

Spring continues to amaze me - there are several types of ferns here in the garden, and I can hardly tear myself away from watching their graceful unfurling dances. Lav - I am just clearing out the raised beds here - is it too late to put in broccoli plants? There's supposed to be a soaking rain this weekend.

Hello Sooty, LBH, Sped, Rusty, would love to hear your voices...Happy Friday, all...
                  to the light

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hi again Friday Flock

Blondie - Sounds like your course was uplifting! I know its hard to hang on to exactly how high you feel now but having done dozens of empowering courses I have found that yes your level drops back down but you always hold onto something you didnt have before. Look forward to celebrating your 6-0 tomorrow!

FlyAway - Im glad you are feeling a better. Like Cyn Im trying to follow an anti inflamatory diet and as I mentioned before, cutting out sugar made a drastic change to my own depression. I dont eat red meat or dairy either but like Cyn havent managed to quit the coffee yet. I like to make one change at a time to improve my diet so its gradual and I never feel Im having to quit everything in a oner.

Im in agreement with you about dealing with how we are now rather than delving in and raking up the past.
                    Cognative therapy has many similarities to NLP which im a fan of and in 2 weeks time i am taking my practitioners certificate.
                    I saw a great line on FB the other day "when the past calls, let in go to voicemail, it has nothing new to say"
                    With regards to the depression, its always interesting to note that when we are happy we are rarely dwelling on ourselves and when we are down we are consumed by ourselves. Its therefore greatly beneficial to try to get outside yourself when you are down. Go talk to a friend about what is going on in their life and dont mention your own. Its amazing how shifting your attention can work wonders.

What's everyone up to this weekend?
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Its a very busy place here! Its like a mini London. Very multi cultural too and makes Scotland seem like a village. I like how it feels and I think I will meet lots of interesting people.

Here is my cute room and the view I have:-
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hey Chill-so glad you are safe and sound and settling in. Your room and view are wonderful and I can see you've already made it your own!! Way to go EB LOL!!

Cyn-it's way too early to put in seedlings. We can still get frosts until the end of may. Memorial Day weekend is the traditional planting day in this parts although where you are might be a microclimate and you might get away with a week earlier. I wish I had the fortitude to make such a drastic dietary change as you and chill but I just dont. With all that is going on in my life right now it's too overwhelming to think and plan my meals. yet I know deep down I need to do it. I just wish I could feel settled for once!!

Blonde-welcome back!! So glad you had such a great time at the conference! Hope you guys can keep the momentum going!! How sad to come back to the news of that little girl in Rockport tho? After 24 hours I fear the news will not be good.

I'm home sick again(but working) with a respiratory virus once again. Same thing as in January but maybe not as bad. May 13th can't come soon enough for me!! I didn't go into the NH last nite and won't go in tonite.

The other thing going on is a friend of mine has to rehome her dog and I am helping her. The one home I thought would be perfect fell through so I'm afraid I'll be taking Norman in temporarily. She is bringing him for a visit tomorrow to see how my guys react to him and so I can do a real assessement. So sad. I would rather live in my car then go to a place that doesn't accept pets but I guess we just never know.

Time for lunch and then back to work.

Shout out to everyone I didn't address personally. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's weekend.
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good afternoon Honking Flockers :H

Wow, what a busy week I have had but fun too!
                          Daughter & Lily on their way home now, puppy asleep on the sofa next to me
                          Matilda weighed in at 7 lbs yesterday. She'll be 10 weeks old tomorrow so I do believe this is the smallest pup I've ever had. I think the 12 pups my Golden had years ago were almost this big when they were born :H

Chill, congrats on your move - love the view

Papmom, you definitely need an immune booster lady. Staying away from the germy nursing home is a good idea. Hope you feel better soon!!! Get yourself some Harris decaf green tea - it has helped keep me pretty darn healthy - seriously.

Cyn, broccoli plants prefer cooler weather so I would go ahead & drop them in the ground now. Even if it does get very cold you can always shield them with plastic bags, etc. Broccoli is pretty sturdy & forgiving

Blondie, glad you are back on your home turf! Congrats on 60 AF days & a successful trip too.

Greetings to Rustop, Star & everyone!
                          I have a bunch of plants to drop in my garden this afternoon so they can take advantage of the weekend rain.

Have a great afternoon everyone!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hello, Everyone, and Happy Weekend!

Sorry for checking out there for a while. It's been a week of ups and downs. A project at work has filled my days; fortunately, I finished it this morning and sent it to my boss.
                            On Tuesday, my wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary - I give her credit.:h

Sadly, we learned that our neighbor's 15 year old daughter passed away. She had some type of respiratory attack and died at the hospital. She was severely disabled since birth; her parents and school-age brothers and sister adored her and she brought much love and a calming presence everywhere she went. We can't stop thinking about what our neighbors are going through. Of course, right now, they just seem to be in shock. We have a close neighborhood and we all made a committment to support them and drop by regularly.

So much happens when you are away for a few days - I just got caught up on Week 3 today. I love the photos you all post, whether they are new apartments, spring flowers, pets or children. It's all fun!

Rusty, my heart goes out to you, as I'm sure you know your job inside out. Tests are for people that are good at taking tests. The rest of us depend on real life.

Congratulations to FlyAway and Blondie (tomorrow) for hitting 60 days this week. Very, very inspirational. And to everyone that posts here, you help me with your anecdotes and experiences more than you know.

I hope the weekend is restful for those that need it, healthy for those who have been under the weather, and pleasantly busy for those that can't (or won't :H) sit still.

Prayers of support for all. Take care, and I'll talk with you soon,

Bouv

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

TGIF all!

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Friday! Lav - rain is definitely coming our way for the weekend but we need it. Hope you and the puppy can curl up and rest for a bit

Bouv - congrats on 30 years! That is quite an accomplishment in this day and age. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 29th in May - hard to believe it's been that long - huh?

Chill - luv luv luv the new place! Your view is beautiful and love the fireplace! Hope you are settling in nicely.

Cyn - you expecting rain this weekend too? Might be a good weekend to go to the movies!

Rustop - you must be young young young! I am turning 50 this year and just recently had to buy glasses for reading - enjoy your 20/20 while you have it! (jk - getting older and needing cheaters isn't really that bad

Blondie - welcome back and glad your trip was a good one! Congrats on 60 days!

Papmom - good luck with Norman - hope he's a good fit with your other doggies - let us know how it works out.

Happy Friday Star! I like your 80/20 plan :H

Not sure what the weekend will bring for me - working a little tomorrow morning, grocery shopping (yuk) and then maybe looking for a good movie to settle in with since the weather doesn't look promising.

Have a great weekend everyone!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hi Bouv, nice to see you & happy anniversary!

Jolie, I just may use this weekend to begin painting - we shall see

This is my exciting Friday night so far :H :H

AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X