Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Joy - June Week 1

I have no idea what a restful day is Rusty :H
    Honestly, I just shoved them all out the door at 7:30 pm just as the thunder storm was starting

I have been thinking this weekend.....
    I really DO NOT want YB or anyone else (God forbid) in my face at this point. YB is turning 60 in October - do I want a grumpy old man underfoot at this point in my life? Not really :H
    I know plenty of people who have been married as long as me or longer & have to say they are not the happiest people on the planet. I'm just going to try to enjoy each day as it comes & not get wrapped up in the bullshit.

Hi to Star, Rustop & everyone!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Jolie-a very belated CONGRATULATIONS ON 6 MONTHS AF!!!!!:yay::happy::bday3: You are such a joy and inspiration to have on our thread. I am curious, what do you do for a living?

Lav, I reread my post and realized I said "restful" and thought...."when does that woman rest? Never.":H I understand how you feel about not getting involved with anyone and not letting YB back into your life. You're right, at 60 he is NOT going to change unless he wants to. You are doing so well on your own and why change that?

Rustop and Star-I am soooo happy for you that you have happy marriages. So rare these days.

Well, friends, I must say, I am loving my new life AF and without the horrible stress of the automotive industry. I now have time to read interesting books, watch inspirational programs (Wayne Dyer), work out, and just be the kind of person I want to be. I was so disgisted with myself because I gained 10 pounds back:upset: Well, today, I got on the scale and I've lost 4 pounds in 3 days, because I ate right and I exercised for 2 hours yesterday and today. I've had the most heavenly weekend. I spent a lot of time with my mom....I picked up all my flowers, some potted, and some boxes for my decks, and enjoyed the weekend without the constantly nagging feeling that I should be reviewing clients' documents (the automotive industry demands it). I realize that really, I have not lost my "status" as a person. Now, I have the time to be a healthy person. And, this is the best part. Since flunking that exam, when I go onsite, not one client has said, "Oh, you look so tired. You must be traveling a lot, huh?" My tears have been replaced with smiles.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

The title of this thread is wondrous and we all need more joy in life. I'm 7 months + sober so I think I qualify.

et and I go way back, but haven't seen him in a little bit. Sending him strength in case he needs it.

I laughed about the packing stories and I can SO relate. Packed for a 3 week visit tour of Italy by myself and it was all soooo wrong.

I'm recovering from an ankle/foot/tendon rebuild and got to walk in a boot yesterday. It was grand, but definitely counldn't do it today. Nor could I have done this recovery if I were still drinking because balance is essential. The surgeon told me it would take 12 MONTHS to recover, I thought he was exaggerating, but here I am at 12 weeks and still basically immobile. Enough about that, I am ready to embrace joy and all things positive into my life. So, thank Chill for starting this thread.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Rusty - you are one amazing person - I think I speak for all of us here who could not be happier the way things have turned around for you. Sounds like your healthy lifestyle is definitely agreeing with you. I work as a technical writer - I actually really like my job, just not the stress as meeting deadlines is always a priority. Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the big congrats - I was only counting it at 5 months though - anybody want to chime in? I was thinking that I won't be at 6 months until I make it all the way through June (which I plan to by the way ), Anywho - I'm focusing on one day at a time but definitely finding it easier as more time goes by. Thought the summer would be a huge trigger for me as I used to love to sit on my deck with a nice glass (or 4) of wine but now I find I can enjoy my minutemaid peach drink (15 calories - have any of you guys every tried this stuff? It's my absolute favorite drink right now).

Okay - enough about me.

Skendall - so sorry to hear about your foot - 12 months??? I guess I can believe that - broke my foot last July and it was probably not until January that I felt fully recovered. I still get some tighteness/twinges in it from time to time and it wasn't even a bad break! Good luck in your recovery and welcome!

Lav - don't know about you but the storm we had last night came up very quickly! One minute I'm sitting on the deck talking to my Mom on the phone and the next the wind was whipping, thundering, and then the downpour! Didn't last too long though. Don't blame you about YB - Sounds like he hasn't changed too awful much from when you two were together and I think you have come to realize that you are a very strong woman who doesn't need a man in her life to make her complete! I admire you a lot for knowing who you are and making the decisions you make about your life.

Rustop - I'm with you - I need my own space and time with my girlfriends but am happy for the most part and we were actually high school sweethearts! (although how I haven't killed him from time to time through the years is beyond me:H)

Okay - time to get down to work - have a great day to everyone that I didn't name personally! Check back in tonight.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Good morning everyone

:welcome: SKendall and well done on the 7+ months AF. You poor thing, I cannot imagine being immobile for that length of time.

The sun is out and it is a beautiful morning. It is a holiday here but poor hubby had to travel yesterday so he is missing out on it. A friend just texted to see if I would come for a walk. Dont need to be asked twice!!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Good morning Joyous Ones

Welcome SKendall! Nice to see you here. Congrats on your 7 AF months AF, great work. I hope you recover well from your surgery. Being immobile would be really rough on me. Stay positive

I have work waiting for me this morning & need to get myself to Curves.
              Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Cross posted with Jolie, another lady to needs to be congratulated.

Like you I am with hubby since I was 15 and going to school!! He is also lucky I dont kill him at times but then he puts up with a lot too.

Rustop

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Happy Monday Gang

Wow has this been a busy thread!

Rustop - Enjoy your walk, boy did we have rain yesterday, it was unbelieveable! It was kinda typically British though for the Jubilee and didnt spoil the celebrations too much.

Skendal - Good to see you here and sorry about the ankle, ouch! Keep the joy flowing and send some to your tendons.

Jolie - I used to think the good weather was a trigger too, couldnt imagine sitting in a beach bar without a chilled glass of rose but now I realize all that did was sap my energy when now I can get out and exercise instead. I get to the end of the day feeling tired and happy and deserving of some relaxation knowing I will sleep well and wake up refreshed, cant beat it!

Lav - I think YB's going was really a blessing, it has allowed you to grow so much more and embrace all the positivity you practice in your life without his negative energy pulling you down. Interesting you dont feel the need to smudge so much, your positive energy has obviously grown stronger and is less susceptible to other influences.

Star - A definite YES to the friendship part. I would want my partner to be my best friend for sure.

Rusty - What is it about underwear that we forget?! :H
                  Im so jealous you have Wayne on TV, I cant get it over here and have to make do with clips from utube but I never miss an episode of his weekly radio show on HayHouse. I love that man so much and will be seeing him again in September when the I Can Do It comes to the UK. I totally agree with you on the pecking order in relationship, I would want to come 1st but realize with Children this often cant be the case. Luckily due to my age, most of the men I would date have kids who are now grown up and therefore its a differnt situation. My ideal man would be Josh Holloway the Actor from Lost but sadly I havent see anyone around who remotely comes close. :upset:

Im feeling on top of the world today, I got another A for my last assignment which I had found really difficult so it was a pleasant surpise. Although my current living conditions are far from perfect and are only temporary I do feel I could be happier settling in the South of England. My long term plans are still very much up in the air but I see possibilities and having been here for about 6 weeks now I feel more settled.
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Congrats on the A Chill!

Greetings rustop & Jolie

Being high school sweethearts does not make one immune to the BS I've been going through. We been together since the ages of 16 & 17. I noticed a definite & rather dramatic change in YB's personality when he turned 41. By the time he turned 42 I didn't know who the hell he was anymore. To make matters even worse he contracted Lymes Disease 10 yeras ago & has been supremely bizarre ever since. I've read some interesting research on the topic of Lymes induced psychosis & other neurological problems. Of course he denies all of it & is not even willing to consider the possibility.....
                    I am feeling especially hurt today because of his showing up yesterday with a cooler of beer for himself & our son (which is fine) but the A_hole actually offered me one. Seriously

I just may have to start smudging again
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Lav - I think I would have been tempted to accept the beer and pour it over his dumb ass head :H
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Good Monday Morning AF June Bugs,

Lav-I don't know what to say other than I like Chill's idea. I am so sorry you have to relive all that hurt every time YB visits. I didn't know about the Lyme's Disease....but I have read about the same kind of effects as far as neurological problems. One of my former neighbors has it...and she was one sick twist before she got LD, so I can't imagine what she's like now.:nomonkey:

As far as offering you a beer, this was my experience with everyone I've met who tried to offer a person with an AL problem any kind of alcoholic beverage: those people think they can "cure" you to drink normally, and I speak from experience with my own mother.....thinking that if she offered her alcoholic sister just 1 drink, then her sister could prove to her that she could beat her alcoholism if "she just used self-control. " Yes, sadly, several other family and extended family members thought that way about all of our family's alcoholics....way before I was old enough to drink.

Jolie-ooooppppsss....congratulations on 5 months then!!!!

I'm working, so back to work. Will check in later.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Lav,

What a jerk YB is. You know - I just heard something on the news the other day that men can have the same mid-life crisis as women - it's called "MANOPAUSE".

Rustop - you are right - I'm sure I'm not the easiest person to live with either
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Pouring the beer over his head :H
                            Now you have me smiling Chill, I never gave that a thought!!!

Rusty, Jolie - YB's Dad was a full blown alcoholic! He friggin knows better than to push AL in someone's face ~ or does he?
                            I don't know everything but I truly believe YB has let a case of chronic depression, coupled with the normal aging shit we all go through just take over......he's lost control & has let his egocentric child-mind take over. He was diagnosed by a psychiatrist 9 years ago after a particularly bad bout of behavior. He now says the shrink was wrong - I don't think so!!!!

Just noticed that tonight is a full moon - now where did I leave that smudge stick??????
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

go get that smudge stick Lav and then I might seriously think about telling him he is no longer welcome at the house. If it is dementia it is very sad but his brothers can deal with it. Time for you to move on my dear and live the life you really want without worrying about him. Love ya Lav!!

Chill-congrats on the A!!! Way to go girl!! I'm glad you like South England-hopefully there is a sweet little cottage or flat with yours and Elle's names on it!!

Safe Travels Rusty!!

Enjoy the good weather Rustop-glad the sun came back out. My neph leaves on Sunday. He's just now getting into the groove of it all. Too bad he has to leave!

Can't comment on marriages thank god!! My sis and her hubby were HS sweethearts too but during college she branched out a couple of times. Finally said yes in 1986!!

Hi Ho to Jolie, Fly, Almost, Skendal (keep up the great work and welcome!!)

It's a very rainy and cold day here. I've been going through mountains of papers that piled up over 2 years. Maybe now I'll be able to find something when I want it!! I'll probably have to bring the camper cabinet doors into the basement in order to paint as the rest of the week is a washout too. Cushion covers tomorrow.
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

I invoke the light of the God within
                                I am a clear and perfect channel
                                Light is my guide

Sage smudging ceremony is now complete

Glad you are getting yourself organized Papmom - good damp day activity!
                                Just so you know, I didn't invite YB here yesterday. He just showed up to cut grass & only had done about 1/4 of it when the kids showed up. He took it upon himself to make a party of it, the grass never got done & I got insulted

Raining here again too & it looks like it's going to be wet all week, yuck.
                                Have a great night y'all
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X