Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July's Jolly Journey--Week 3

Good morning to everyone...

I had a really interesting time studying and learning. It was so healthy, green and peaceful. There were lots of deep discussions with likeminded individuals, and I am back feeling rested and well.

I do need time to process all I learned. Awareness, living in the present, having a purpose, being responsible for your life, and putting your attention on what is important. It is such a different view than looking at your feelings all the time and being driven by them. Instead, realizing that feelings are uncontrollable, just like your thoughts, they come and go. The important thing is to take action and have a purpose to your life.

It was all vegatarian and I loved it. I also lost about 5 lbs, so that is the silver lining. Needless to say I am pumped and want to keep on this path.

Chill, I wondered what type of job you wanted to look for. Lots of people hire in the fall, so this is a good time to start looking.

Hello to everyone, and have a great day.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Waiting to hear from the Vet about Matilda so I'm getting a little desk time in

Star, so glad you liked trip
      A veggie diet really rocks!!!!
      I'd rather be purpose driven any day even if I am just paying attention to myself for a change!

Rusty, your trip sounded wonderful as well. Nice to get a little R&R.....
      I'm ready.

cyn, purchasing & assembling a lawn mower with no help is awesome - good for you!
      I grill whenever I can, saves on kitchen cleanup
      I don't like to grill when the outside temp is >90 degrees though. Way too hot for this granny :H

Speaking of hot ~ the heat has returned here & i am not thrilled
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello! Welcome home Rusty. As with you and Pap, I too love Maine. Lord Bird Heart mentioned early this morning that he REALLY wants me to pick a vacation spot for my birthday at the end of September. I think he is a bit concerned as when I was working I traveled frequently and now it doesn?t seem to appeal to me in part as I don?t have the stress to recover from; he probably in addition is bored as he is younger than I, also has not been away much lately, and flatly refuses to count this morning when I put him on a tiny plane to scoot 400 miles and ?fix? something (he is a music, computer, and electronics geek and this involves all three) and then flap back in the wind late this afternoon. We went to Maine around twelve years ago for my birthday, staying in Kennebunkport and Camden and it was lovely. As I don?t want to be away so long, I think I will narrow things to a city hotel where we won?t need a rental car in the Northwest or South and let him enjoy making a final pick. Part of my reluctance to travel has been the relative ease I find remaining alcohol free with the simple routine and nutrition at home but there are always challenges. I love, love, love, what you said Star about not living on the basis of thought or feeling which come and go but on purpose and action, what a mantra for the likes of US. Kisses to Matilda. Cheers to Cyn, assembler of machines extraordinaire. Love, Ladybird.
        may we be well

Comment

Now I want to go to Maine LBH :H
          I understand your concern about leaving your home routine but honestly I think you'll be OK. Breaking past connections associated with AL is a part of this unique journey.

Matilda is home & resting comfortably post hysterectomy & chip placement.
          Nurse Lav was given pain meds & sedation for her to use as necessary. So I guess I'm working tonight :H

AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning everyone

Lav - hope Matilda makes a speedy recovery, they are adorable when asleep!!

Off to start big clean up, have visitors for most of August so need to get organized! I am trying to get a few dinners in the freezer too.

Big hello to all.

Rustop

Comment

I hate it when I come back after a trip, and work is in an uproar. It happened again and it is very upsetting. I am remaining focused and staying on track, but it is not easy. Darn. I am so glad I had that time to get away from the stresses and strains of work.

LBH, I know what you mean about vacations and drinking. I usually drank more when I was on vacation because it is part of the routine. Lots of times people who do not normally drink will when they get away. So, I guess I would choose carefully...no winery focused trips or brewerys, maybe a place with lots of other things to do. Although, if you think about it, we have to make the choice to focus on foods, drinks, activities, other than alcohol. We have done it and we can do it.

Lav, Matilda looks so cute, she is so lucky to have you. It is really hot and humid here too. We are getting periods of bits of rain, so hopefully the dry hot weather pattern is breaking. Personally, I am ready for fall.

Rustop, I have to clean on Friday, I am having visitors too. I want to make some things ahead of time so more time can be for visiting. My son is going to Ireland in two weeks, and hopes to contact some relatives, so far no luck for him there. Is the weather usually lovely in August?

So, back home after being gone for 10 days...it is hard to adjust, and I am doing my best. Does anyone else feel like this after a great trip? Rusty? I think if work was not currently in crisis I would be less unsettled. Oh, well. thanks for listening.

To all, have a great day.

Comment

Good morning kids!

Still humid as as all get out here - yuck!
                Glad to report Matilda is doing well, slept all night too. Could be the half dose of doggie downer I gave her at bedtime

Star, I remember returning to the hospital after a week or more off & having the same feelings. Just goes to show what our toxic work environments can do to us
                Luckily you have a variety of new coping skills & a brand new outlook on life!

rustop, visitors staying for a month? Geez, you must be a saint :H
                Maybe you should write a book, share your secrets on keeping your cool!

I must turn my attention to some work stuff today
                Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening all!

Was kind of hoping for a teeny little storm to blow this stinkin heat and humidity away but radar isn't showing a thing right now.

Star - glad to hear your vacation was nice but sorry to hear you had to come back to lots of crap at work. I always feel a little bit of a let down after a vacation away. You know - back to the old grind. Hope things get better and maybe looking forward to a fun event in the near future would help your spirits?

Lav - was Matilda's surgery planned? Hope she's okay. She's adorable by the way

LBH, Rustop, Chill, Rusty, Cyn - hope you guys are having a good day.

Rusty - bet Maine was wonderful this time of year - spent some time there several years ago when the kids were little - loved it!

Well I've purchased a beginners yoga cd - my daughter goes to "hot" yoga and absolutely loves it. Not sure if I'm ready for that - with my hot flashes I don't think I need to add any more heat to my life. Anyone else practice yoga? Looking to tone up as well as just get in touch with my "inner" self and hopefully it will be a good thing.

Rustop - I've got to chime in as well - visitors the whole month of August??? Yikes - more power to you girl!

Have a great evening everyone!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hey Jolie

Had a huge storm roll through here just before dinner time!
                    Heavy rain, not much thunder. It seems to be a bit cooler but you know it won't last long.....

I have several yoga CDs put away for a rainy day - this could be a good time to dust them off. I have lots & lots of yoga/meditation music too (puts me to sleep)
                    Forget the hot yoga....just thinking about it makes me sweat, ugh.

Matilda just had her girl surgery yesterday & a microchip implanted. Tonight she's jumping from the sofa over to the love seat. I guess she's not having too much pain :H Must be nice :H
                    I had two C sections & I sure didn't do a lot of furniture jumping the day after :H

I've noticed an increase in Amish traffic on my road lately. I know that an Amish family bought a nearby farm. The problem is my piggy swissy - she wants to chase the horse & buggy!!! I have no luck trying to teach this dog manners

Have a good night everyone!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning everyone

Jolie I sometimes do Hatha yoga, it was part of a mindfulness course I did and I find it very relaxing. Have not had time to do any meditation all summer but come September I'll be dusting my tapes off.

Star sorry you are finding it stressful at work after coming back from vacation, hang in there.

Lav - Miss Layla went to her first puppy socialization class last night and had a ball. There are obedience classes in September and I'm definitely taking her as JR's really need those!!

I should clarify that it's two different families I'm having in end July/August. First lot come Mon next for a week, ten days, they are just gone and second lot come. Thankfully we have cruise booked for last week of August, I'm so glad we did that. I read last week that visitors are like fish, they go off after 3 days:H:H. My SIL and family are bringing car so they are just using here as base which is easier.

Happy hump day to everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning to all...

Work was a little better yesterday, and thanks for all your support, it is always great to be able to come here and share issues and challenges.

Lav, Matilda is so funny, and isn't it great to get better that quickly?

Rustop, fish and guests stink after three days, that is the saying I have heard. This weekend my daughter and son-in-law are coming to visit, for three days, and yes, it will be just the right amount of time.

OK, I do not have time to chat, I have to get to work. Everyone, have a great day.

Comment

Good morning & happy hump day

Egg delivery day for me as well
                          Trying to smile thru this current outbreak of PI - it's just ridiculous
                          Everytime this happens I tell myself it's time to move & that opens up a giant can of worms for me.....
                          For now I plan to itch my way to Curves & thru my day!!!

Rustop, good luck with the obedience classes ~ sounds like fun!

Star, hope you have a great day!

OK, off to the races. Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

:l Aww, Lav! So sorry about your PI. I've not had it this summer yet, but I keep a wary eye out when I'm in the yard or woods, that's for sure!

I've had a great time visiting my family in Cleveland. The event we went for was a graduation party and as anticipated, there was a well-stocked bar. It didn't really bother me though. I enjoyed the visiting and I can remember the day, so I feel quite pleased.

I've been reading a good non-fiction book called, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. It's on the NYT Bestsellers list. It's all about learning and memory and the workings of the brain and the strength of habit. I'm not very far into the book yet but so far it's a good read and may help me keep al at bay.

Have a pleasant AF night!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Evening my friends!!

Star-sorry you had to come back to such a mess at work but glad it's sorting itself out.

Lav and Jolie-This week was hot but not as bad as last week and today was down right loverly!! Hope it changes for you soon! I'd much rather have the freezing temps (without snow) than the HHH!

Rustop-you will be so busy next month but you seem to take it in stride. Hope you have some fun with your visitors and yes, good thing you booked the cruise at the end. Very smart!!

Dill-welcome back and good on ya for staying so strong against the AL! Glad it was a good visit too. That always helps!!

Interview went well I think. So hard to tell when they don't offer you the job immediately following. They said I would hear in a couple of weeks. Not sure why they need that much time. Patience was never one of my skills until I stopped drinking. Now I think I could outwait calmly molasses going up hill in the wintertime!!

I have tomorrow and Friday off. Sleep is on the menu along with small chores around the house and play time with the boyz.

Nite nite all!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello all of you lovely ones, jolly or not. Wonderful photo of sleeping Matilda with just a hint of her little shaved belly, they bounce back so fast, hope you will also with your poison ivy, Lav. I only had it once after being tossed barefoot and barelegged off a horse as a kid face first into a patch, my mom made me get into a big metal tub of what seemed like oatmeal. Poor little naked me, I looked like I had been in a fire. I?ll be thinking of you with your guest relay, Rustop, that would be really hard for me these days and I admire your resilience and flexibility. Welcome home Dill, I am so glad you were able to enjoy your time AF:l. Pap, I shall be waiting with you as you find out about the job possibility, you have done so well in this process and in so many other ways, patience really is a good thing, that peace that comes when things are genuinely out of our hands after we have done what we can. I still have a hard time finding it, releasing my illusion of control. I am also feeling strongly for you Star, I hated coming back to the big mess that seemed to develop relentlessly at work in my absence, and it got so bad for a while that I was reluctant to take vacations. It got better or I changed, not sure which, but I have a lot of rich and vivid memories of far away places that certainly now eclipse any lingering memories of the passive aggressive coworkers who made my reentry so stressful. Good to hear from you Jolie, you have been missed, you too Cyn, you too Chill. Hi Rusty, my wild girl, glad you are feeling refreshed. So long for now, I need to power down, not that I have much internal energy left to turn off. Really dragging these days but it is probably just PAWS revisited. Love, Ladybird.
                                may we be well

Comment

Working...
                                X