Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Sunday, July 29th

Good morning, fabber dabbers,

I am finally home, up the mountain, nice and cool.

The French roast is brewing nicely and my son is making pancakes. I love mine with lemon and honey but I also put out sour cherry jam for you (my mom filled every nook available in my trunk with homemade preserves)
    Pap, I have Earl Grey for you. I love your posts and the way you just go through things.

Porqoui - well done for 30 days, it is truly amazing the way you see life after 30 days sober.

Daisy - that acceptance is priceless, it took me quite some time to get there.

to new "Can't do this on my own", welcome to the club. I don't think any of us did it solo. I am still sober through the great help and advice I get from all of these great people here. do try the " toolbox" under monthly abstinence. It is full of valuable advice. And "newbies nest" is a great place for those who are just beginning their journey.

Sausage, sad to hear about the diagnose, at least now you know and you can do something about it.

Kaslo, you're back ? I was worried for you in the woods, did you see any bears this time?

yesterday when I got home from a 5 hour drive I saw hubby left out the rum bottle on the counter. out of the blue the mother of all cravings hit me. it took tremenduos effort to take it upstairs, put it out of site ... then go in the garden and forget all about it by tending to my roses.

satz, lifechange, sunflower, lav and all others to come, I wish you a great day
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Shue...beat me to it..just finished mine and thought I would check..and yep there you are!!, so I will just tag mine on if thats ok.I even made you coffee ..by the way well done on the rum

Greetings one and all....on SUNDAY 29TH JULY.....yep checked it and its correct How is everyone today?all still here? Weather over here is pretty grim, so if there is any spare sun going about can you send it over here?Right coffe and tea are on at the moment, so grab yourself a cup

Morning to you Shue..look more poetry!How are things with you this morning?You want a coffee?Does your phone want one too :H:H Take it you are home now?,so reckon you will just be chillin out...mind you with the way you are that could mean that you have probably had a hike/swim /walk this morning already!
    What does next week hold for you?normal pace or zooming about mode...whatever it is keep safe.

Turnagain good whatever it is to you how are things today?Still got sore fingers and burnt neck?.Thanks for the sobriety calculator.. its now on my phone, howeve knowing me I will lose the phone.Now on day 26...feels great.No feeling like rubbish in the morning, lot more energy, and don't need so much sleep either, and the added extra money in the pocket.

Good morning to you Lifechange..have a coffee..how are things with you?Just watched your recent posts and you have gone from.. sort of I need help somebody, then through mad busy and now you seem determined and really positive and taking it in your stride, so well done you.What are you up to today, anything exciting?

Hi Kaslo you up to anything today?where are you now?

Good morning sausage how are you? at least I know the time where you are and can pretty much guess the weather too !anything planned for today?Over 5 months ..you are doing great

Good morning daisy.. how are you this fine day??Anything planned?

Good morning Lavande..tea or coffee?How are things?sorry to hear about the damage..is that the storms finished or more to come?How are the chickens coping with it?Ws going to say keep going, but I know you will.

Well porquoi..what can I say??..over 30 days now well done you.Reading some of your posts, sometimes sounded like your moods were "roller coasting"but now look at you. 30 + in. really well done. Onwards and upwards.

Good morning Papmom, how are you today?what have you got planned in busyland today?Think it is great that you are posting still after 2 plus years.I know what you mean that it becomes part of your life, even after my short time, but seeing you post and listening to you, gives short termers like me inspiration so thank you from us all.

Good morning cant do it,hows Alberta today?when I was younger I was in the army and was fortunate to get to Canada 6 times,and that was Alberta really loved it.Used to got to Suffield on exercise for 6 weeks but at the end of it you got R and R, so went travelling..some names still spring to mind Medicine Hat Lethbridge, Ralston ,Banff,Great Falls, and the Calgary Stampede Remember Labatts and strangely enough grape soda which I really took to!
    Anyway welcome to you..you will get all the support you need..you dont need that white flag..cos you aint giving in.You will win,stick with it.

Sunflower how are you today?anything planned?

Morning Satz coffee ?you ok?yep youre still one day ahead of me..but Im slowly catching you up :H:H

time for more coffee, help yourselves too Hi to everyone I have not mentioned by name.Take care all and have a great af day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Oh Mick, you're too funny ... I'll take you on the coffee refill, none for my phone, thanks, the touchscreen is bust ...

Yes, I am up the mountain already ... Bliss, I missed it so much. We have a BBQ later, I must make sure I pass by the shop and pick up Perrier ( and maybe a few AF beers). That's the plan.
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Shue, I bought a couple of af beers the other day in the supermarket to try..no units no alcohol no nothing and yet you still need to be drinking age to buy them
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi all; day 3 now. It feels longer, as if my last slip didn't even happen. I am getting up early every morning now and feeling really good; last night I was so tired I didn't even check in here and that is a new thing that I am grateful for. I am resetting my body clock and making the most of each day.
          Went swimming with my sister, daughter and nieces yesterday - good to get back to the exercise.
          Pquoi, well done on your 30 days! Mick, not long to go. Do you really like the taste of the NA beer?
          Shue, do you do mountain climbing? Enjoy you BBQ today.
          Bit dull here in Ireland; we suck up those sunny days when we get them! A good day to all!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi Daisy you ok..? With regards to af beer..tried it in the past and thought it was rubbish. have tried 2 types now..Cobra and Bavaria and both are pretty good,though I don't want to replace alcoholic drinks with af beer...the closeness is too great if you ever went out and couldn't get af beer if that makes sense!Couple every now and again are ok for me, but in my mind I need to remember its just another drink...not a replacement

Comment

good morning friends!!
              we're having a lazy morning with rain, waffles and the olympics. i would love to have another cup of coffee. and i wish i had some of that homemade preserves, Shue!
              i wanted to ask you because i can't remember whether or not your husband is supportive of your not drinking, Shue? well done on getitng that bottle of rum out of your path. i probably would have thrown it at my bf--or poured it down the drain. last year we went on a trip to columbia and my bf got a very nice bottle of rum to give to a friend here. it sat around the house for quite a while before i broke into it and drank the whole thing! since then i haven't bumped into a bottle of anything--
              Mick, nice to see you this morning. love the little white owl. is he one of your many visitors? you're getting mighty close to 30 days!!
              do you have a plan to celebrate?
              Porqoui!! a big congrats to you on reaching that 30 day mark!! it seems as if your spirit has lifted and things are calming down. i'm glad you were able to have a nice visit with your dad.

Comment

great going on day 3, Daisy! i read through your thread yesterday and found it very inspiring! what a nice group of people you've got over there. i wanted to say hi to you all but didn't know if it was ok to just jump in there.
                Turn! would love to do an accordian skype thing sometime! i'm looking for a smaller accordian right now-- i have an old h?hner that belonged to my ex's father and it's too heavy for me to play for too long. did you ever see the film Bread and Tulips? Brot und Tulpen in original? that movie inspired me to start playing. i haven't picked it up for quite some time but will start again soon!!
                good morning to Kaslo and Lav and Sunflower and Sausage. i know i'm missing people, but my mind is not up to speed yet! and it's already 11. bad sign. another coffee, perhaps?

Comment

good morning Pap!!! and Satz!!--almost at 30 days! just ahead of Mick, i hear!!
                  i can't wait to celebrate 30 days!
                  hey Can't do it alone-- nice to see you here. you definately can do it. take to heart what everyone is saying-- i spend so much time reading here. it is literally my life line at the moment!!
                  a wonderful af sunday to you all!!
                  Life

Comment

Hi everyone from the land that Summer forgot. Gearing up to celebrate 30 days soon or I may wait 1 more day for Mick coming up after me:H

Comment

lifechange;1356560 wrote: good morning Pap!!! and Satz!!--almost at 30 days! just ahead of Mick, i hear!!
                      i can't wait to celebrate 30 days!
                      hey Can't do it alone-- nice to see you here. you definately can do it. take to heart what everyone is saying-- i spend so much time reading here. it is literally my life line at the moment!!
                      a wonderful af sunday to you all!!
                      Life
                      Hi Lifechange. I am a relative newbie to this AF but I promise to help you along the way to 30 days:l

Comment

Sorry Life I misread your post. . You said "can't do it Alone" I thought you meant YOU couldn't do it alone DOH

Comment

Satz..would love to comment on duh!!..but I cant even count so best keep my mouth shut

Comment

Some numbers for ye to digest Mick:
                            AF me:
                            27 days, 12 hours, 48 minutes and 59 seconds can be converted to one of these units:
                            2,378,939 seconds
                            39,648 minutes (rounded down)
                            660 hours (rounded down)
                            3 weeks (rounded down)

Comment

Mick;1356590 wrote: Satz..would love to comment on duh!!..but I cant even count so best keep my mouth shut
                              Is you slagging my spelling Mick ?

The incredibly useful word 'doh' popularized by Homer Simpson is now officially in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED)! Yes, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X