Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome August Abstainers ~ week 4

Good morning kids!

I am happy to say the heavy fog I woke up to this morning is totally outside :H
    It's 73 degrees now & heading up to 93 today - yikes!

Rusty, how terrific for you, woo hoo!!!!
    Just goes to show your AF'ness has you looking absolutely fabulous
    I lost 10 lbs earlier this year by eliminating some of the really unecessary carbs I had been ingesting. I've maintained that loss & will soon push myself to lose another 10 lbs. That will get me back to my premenopausal weight.

Hi Papmom!
    I'm still thinking about that kennel ~ just not sure.....
    I could always end up putting chickens in it if the dogs don't like it :H

chill, I will have a good view of the blue moon too. Just hope the mosquitos aren't too nasty tonight!!
    Good luck with the teens.....they can be difficultt but they can also be friends. Just let them know that you are not there to interfere in their lives.....that's what concerns them most. They are totally ego centric at that age.

Well, for some reason I was blessed with hot flashes starting at age 41, night sweats at age 42. I have tried every herbal preparation, Rx HRT, followed all of the advice re foods, quit smoking & drinking, etc, etc & I am still dealing with this BS
    I figure it will stop when I die :H

OK, off I go first to Curves then back here to work,
    Have a great day one & all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pap3, hoping for good news about the job in IT. It is better to be around people, rather than just stuck in a closed in office. Wish you could go back to that side of the college job. But you sound really good! Dinner with dad sounds like a nice start to the weekend!
      Rusty--what a lovely compliment from the shop!! Go fo it! I'm sure a shop of that caliber would not want you to represent them if they thought you wouldn't be perfect! And what great motivation to stay AF and to eat in a more healthy way!
      Back from my walk, heading to the shower and to get dressed for work--working the next four days, but only five hours a day.
      Wishing all of you a great AF day and weekend!
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Awww, you guys are getting me all choked up.:l Thank you so much for your support. You're the first people I've told (well, not including my sister and my mom). I haven't felt attractive in so long, and I didn't think anyone else thought I was atractive, either. I became so isolated, self-conscious of my weight...avoiding places where I knew I would run into people who knew me when I was thin. I think my battle with the food is going to be just like the one I had with AL, isn't it? I am going to have to be committed EVERY day and think about every bite I put in my mouth. Right now, I'm a size 14 (I was a 6 or an 8 for YEARs:upset. I just want to be a size 10 before I hit the runway.

Lav and Chill, my face was so bloated because of AL, and it was as red as a cherry underneath all the make-up I wear. Now, that redness is completely gone. In addition, I am going through menopause and before I started taking Prometrium, I would get these hot flashes during the day and my face would get so flushed. So embarrassing when in a conference room filled with men.:H Lav, I can't explain why I've been going through some long periods of eating all the wrong stuff. I'm not having AL cravings so it's not like I'm try to snuff out the cravings with food. I think because of all my traveling, I'm just bored with salads, etc., but on the road, it's either salads or sandwiches. I need a better plan for when I'm traveling. The current plan is not effective.

Chill-good luck with Mr. S's children. Lav's advice is spot on. I am a little worried about the results of your scan. What does the doc think is going on?

Dill-thanks for reminding us of the blue moon. I had totally forgotten. How is Tessa doing these days? I love her new name. Diamond didn't fit. Tessa was a good choice.

Pap-did I see in an earlier post that you have another job possibility?

Simply Sober September? Spectacular and sober September? Ah, the choices. Quick, somebody, pick one!

A shout out to all our beloved and missing friends: Sooty, Shelley, Dew, Cyn, SD, Nellie, and anyone, I didn't mention....TG it's AF Friday

Comment

Hi TDN Sorry, cross post. I just love having you here....so bubbly and full of positive energy. I can never get enough of it.

Comment

Hi everyone! Is it me or are we all doing really well?!! One month sober today for me!!! Here's to many many many more. On a roll now, no stopping us! Well done to all. Life is a rollercoaster but this place is the track that keeps us from going off the rails and helps us enjoy the ride! Talking crap now so off to bed! Nighty night and thanks for being here I know it won't always be this easy....

1st goal: 100 days
            2nd goal: 1 year
            ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Neillie

CONGRATULATIONS ON 30 DAYS!-:greatjob2::cheering:roud: Stay with us...you sound fabulous!! We are so thrilled to have you here!

Comment

You guys, when will all this bad news end? I just found out today that the person who got the position I interviewed for (3 times) is a colleague of mine from the business office! I also have some intel that tells me its very possible that she did not originally apply for the position and was tapped at the 11th hour. To my knowledge and my source's, she doesn't have the experience I have (however little that was) so I am left to believe that the Committee, the Director, the VP or all 3 decided that I wasn't a good fit for the team personality wise. I am crushed. I feel very unworthy, of no value to anyone and a total loser.
                The recruiter who contacted me missed my phone call on Wed, and just emailed me today to say she will try to call me next week. I'm obviously not a priority anymore.
                It was very tough to drive by the liquor store tonite without stopping. My saving grace was the thought of standing for 5 hours at the demo tomorrow with a hangover.
                I really don't know how much more I can take. Why is all this happening?
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pap3, it sounds like this committee of three is just a bunch of asses! Maybe they feel you are too competent for that group--too much life experience that they might be jealous of. It's hard for you to see now, but this is not your fault. It is hard to understand why so many bad things have happened to you, but you have stayed AF through it all, and I know you'll get through this, too. Don't give up on that job through the recruiter. S/he is probably very busy with lots of jobs/prospects and with the holiday weekend, it doesn't seem like a priority. I'm here for you--you can send me a PM any time. At least you have the demo tomorrow.
                  Big :lto you!
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Pap-oh gawd, you poor thing!!:upset::l I have no words of comfort for you, only my sincere empathy. I went through the exact same thing you did when I was in my 20s and early 30s. It lasted 6 years. Is there an objective person you could ask to give you some constructive criticism as to why you keep getting passed over? I did this, and as painful as it was to hear, (I bawled my eyes out for hours afterward), everything this 3rd party said to me was true. I was too sensitive to criticism (totally right on....had that problem because of my dad's nonstop negativity and berating/humiliating me every chance he got), so I acted defensively all the time, and I overreacted to questions/issues from my boss like I was being accused of a heinous crime (I wasn't, but I blew it out of proportion). Are your spelling and grammar beyond reproach when you are e-mailing, sending documents? You work at a university and I would think these characteristics are important. Find out, Papmom.....you are putting yourself through a hamster wheel of hurry up and wait with no clue as to what went wrong. For better or for worse, we all love you here no matter what.:l Why is this happening, you ask? I don't know, other than God must have a plan, and I know you are an agnostic and maybe it's something you can't grasp right now. Oh, I so understand why you can't. I am here for you, always.:l

Comment

Good evening all,

Haven't had a chance to stop in again today - busy AND I ended up with EB here all day....

Rusty, the bizarre eating IS a symptom of menopause - been there & done that!
                      Lookingback, I craved carbs & indulged - end of story. Cutting back (not eliminating them) helps a lot

papmom, I am curious about something.....
                      Have you ever worked outside of academia?? I tend to not like their thinking & committee of three systems, sounds like BS to me
                      YB has been working for a college for the past 7-8 years & quite frankly I don't like what I hear about their doings. No wonder when he left here he said his job was all he could handle ~ swell.
                      Would you consider looking for something outside the realm of education? Just wondering. You know full well that turning to AL now will not solve this problem or any other really. You are a worthwhile, lovable & commited person & someone is bound to notice your attributes :l Just don't do anything crazy, we all love you immensely.

OK, gonna hit the hay!
                      See all of you in September
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Oops, almost forgot -
                        CONGRATS on your 30 AF days Nellie :yay:
                        It truly is a powerful feeling - be proud
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Papmom...hang on in there...you know, Lav is right maybe it is time to move out of that world.We all know that if there is a favourite lined up for the job,any interviews/facts figures etc can be massaged to suit..look at politicians!!.Sounds to me you could have been the best person in the world at that..it wasnt happening As for you not being any good for them etc..bullshit...try they werent good enough for you!!!

Keep your chin up
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello! *I am in for a Simply Sober September. I have been learning the new computer (pushed by already taking the old PC and laptop to recycle) and am sorry to not have been around to offer my condolence and encouragement yesterday regarding your lousy experience Pap. Moving through that kind of loss also throws me for a loop, it is so hard not to get our fragile egos all mixed up in it. *Wishing you strength, trust , and grace. *I'll catch up more later when I am not balancing an iPad on my knee in a cafe. *I was up at 4:00 gardening under the blue moon and I am in need of repair. *PS. *Rusty, I always knew you were a babe. *Love, Ladybird.*. Why does this post have stars??? I feel like there are birds flying around my brain.
                            may we be well

Comment

Working...
                            X