Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

july week 1

hello everyone
    Rusty had cattle about 25yrs ( hubby mostly dose the work with them I just love the new calves )
    cyn your on the move like I am seem to have double booked all week-end....but making sure I have time to pop in here
    Star sorry about your friends son
    The trouble with the medical system ....hear in australia they can walk out when the want....and family members can't do anything about it but sit back and watch
    sundays looking good here
    have a great day

Comment

july week 1

Good Sunday Morning, Friends!

Witts-great job fighting off those cravings! They come out of nowhere, don't they? I hate when that happens. When you do fight the beast off, it feels good the next morning, you are right. I think it's great that you have cattle for a hobby. I need to develop some hobbies.

Star-I am so sorry to hear about your friend's son. Our health care system is such a racket...and doctors and nurses are so afraid of being sued, it's like they are afraid to even make a move. Were you able to reschedule your lunch?

Lav-I chuckled when you said your grandsons could not resist a puddle or mud. I laughed out loud thinking about this yesterday as I was running on the lake path, and we have had sooo much rain that it's really muddy in certain spots. Sure enough, I ran through soggy grass and up spurted the mud, covering my shoes and white socks, and spattering mud all the way up to my knees. Two ladies out on the lake in kayaks, near shore, saw when this happened and yelled, "We saw that!":H

Big hellos to everyone else. I am on the clock, working today. Hope everyone has a lovely AF Sunday!

Comment

july week 1

Rusty, thanks for the info on Dr. Levin. I would like to hear more if you have time to PM me, but again, it is something I am just curious about. I don't think I'd act on it.

Star, I have started Night Road, by Kristin Hannah and am really enjoying it so far. Thanks for the author suggestion! Sorry about your friend's son. Very painful situation.

I put "Days of Wine and Roses" in my netflix queue. I have been wanting to do that for some time but have shied away from it. I have heard it is a very good movie and well done regarding the destruction caused by alc., but I have never seen it. I'm almost afraid to watch it, and I think that's odd somehow, don't you?

Lav, Cyn, Witts, Pap, et. al, have a great AF Sunday!! I'll do the same!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

july week 1

Sad news
          My brother passed away today, just 67 years old. You all know he has had multiple health problems, he just wasn't getting any better. My SIL did the right thing & prevented him from being intubated again in the ER this morning. His prognosis has been poor for a long time now, not point in prolonging his suffering.

I hope everyone else has a better day.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

july week 1

I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother Lav. 67 is young. Thinking of you and your family xx

Comment

july week 1

Lav-I was worried about you today since you always post in the morning and you didn't today, and then I just looked in the Newbies Nest and learned that your older brother passed away today. I am so sorry for your loss.:l I know you two weren't close but I am sorry, nonetheless. He was still family, and I hope you have some happy memories of him. I had an older brother similar to yours and when he passed away, I was sad, only because he wasted so many years being a messed up, selfish and self-serving person who destroyed everything he touched. He abused his body with alcohol and food, and he was morbidly obese when he died. I cried, though, because he was a very good brother when I was little. Thinking of you today.:l

Dill-I will PM you info. on Dr. L. when I can take a break from doing some work for a client. [QUOTE]I put Days of Wine and Roses" in my netflix queue. I have been wanting to do that for some time but have shied away from it. I have heard it is a very good movie and well done regarding the destruction caused by alc., but I have never seen it. I'm almost afraid to watch it, and I think that's odd somehow, don't you? No, Dill, I don't think it's odd at all....it might remind you of things that you did while under the influence. or what you MIGHT have done, but didn't do, under the influence. I thought "When a Man Loves a Woman" was an excellent movie, but can't watch it now. It makes me too sad. While I thought "Flight" was a great movie, I found it disturbing as well.

Cyn-did you work today, too?

Despite working today, it was gorgeous here. I took a long run on the lake path, went to the beach and swam, and then went to the pool. I love unhung Sundays.

Lav, again, my thoughts and prayers are with you....as you grieve for a loving relationship you wanted with your brother....and didn't have. Maybe just like I did.
              Hope you're ok.

Love,

Rusty

Comment

july week 1

Lav, my condolences. I'm sure you will feel this loss deeply, maybe more so, as Rusty suggests, because the relationship was not a strong one as adults. I still miss my brothers. One was very close, the other one not so much, but the love was there.

Thinking of you and lighting a candle for you and your brother and SIL.

Rusty, thanks for understanding my feelings about the movie. Yes, I am afraid it will be a bit like watching some of the worst of myself and that disturbs me.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

july week 1

Lav, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. So very sad especially since it didn't have to end up this way. :l:l to you and your SIL.

Cyn-you are like a whirlwind! I do hope you can find some me time in there some where. I can't remember if we got rain last weekend or not LOL!! Just finished a big storm here-online thermometer from weather bug says 77 degrees. Guess I should let the dogs out to find out if it's really true! :H

Rusty-your day today sounded delightful! I would so love to live by any body of water. sigh. Glad you and Lav are OK.

Wit-how many head of cattle?

Star-what a sad story about your friend's son. Prayers for them all.

busy day off yesterday. in the morning I went to a nearby town to watch 2 friends run their dogs in teacup agility. Kind of wish I had brought DD and entered him last minute. Think I might do it in August. Then on to the small animal massage school open house. Now I'm not so sure about pursuing this. Besides the cost, it might not be feasible as a full time career after graduation. Tough business to start. Back to the drawing board. After that, over to my sis's for pool time, games and great food. I acutally got into a bathing suit-pretty ugly but it was only family. My dad is feeling much better thank god.
                  Today was a demo day which was deadly slow. Then met with my hoarder friend to create our lists for our trip to Maine. I really wish I was doing this alone but definitely couldn't afford the rental fees myself. She sprung on me that she want's to take 5 dogs which would make 8 in total. There is no way we can fit 8 dogs in that van plus all our gear. Had to put my foot down. We may not even be able to fit in 5 crates never mind 6. We're going to do a dry run next Monday nite. should be interesting.

Gots to go do some laundry now and scare up dinner. Have a nice nite everyone.
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

july week 1

hello everyone

week 8 for me

rusty how was your poets day

lav glad you had a change in the weather ....sorry about your brother

star hope everything goes well with the son

pap have a good swim at your sisters ....we have around 80 head ...loose count when they have babies and sell some ...I'll have to ask hubby

have a good day everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X