juicing july week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juicing july week 4

As the 19th century German philosopher, Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, suggests…when anything happens just say to yourself “I need this” because, after all, everything IS working out perfectly. EWOP

Everything works out perfectly!
    Good morning kids
    Ran across this quote this morning & thought I'd share

Rusty, getting rid of that miserable client is probably the nest choice for your soul. Who the hell needs that negativity?? Everything is going to be OK

Star, send that cool air this way ~ please. It's still too hot & humid here, windows all steamed up, yuck!

Hoping for a somewhat easier day today. My granddaughter had a major case of the grumpies yesterday. No need to have two bad days in a row, right? :H

Have a great AF Hump day one & all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

juicing july week 4

Another One Bites The Dust :-)

Hello Friends,

Well, I fired my client this morning. What a relief. Like you said Lav, who the hell needs all that negativity? Not me. He was definitely not good for my psyche.
      No longer do I have the threat of being fired hanging over my head. I am with my sweet, gentlemanly client today.

Star-
      When I have open spaces on my schedule, I just focus on letting the Universe fill them up with new clients.
      Amen.

Dill-I laughed when you asked if Witts' husband needed a few gentle kicks:H Setting boundaries is a problem I continuely struggle with, but I have improved greatly with the help from the people on our thread.

Lav-I hope Ms. Lily is in a better mood today.

Witts-I hope your RLS didn't keep you awake last night.

Cyn-You Hoo! We miss you. Hope you're fine.

Mr. G-it would be great if you stopped in.

Mr. Sweet Client is heading back here. See you tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a peaceful AF Hump Day.

Comment

juicing july week 4

Yo!

Hi Rusty. I am just rapt to read you have got rid of the whinging client. :H Ok, not so funny at the time......Great stuff. You are spot on when you talk about our confidence coming back BIG TIME when we are living AF. I notice this too. It is a really huge difference, and a positive one for me. I am currently jousting with a lazy manager who is being annoying, and i must say i am quietly delighting in the to'ing and fro'ing.

All very good here juicer's. A couple of projects on the move. Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical rest of the week.

G bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

juicing july week 4

hello everyone
          I try to use decorub on the legs and that helps a lot but a pain when I go out as can't sit still
          Rusty glad you have got rid of the problem client and you can open the doors for more positive people
          we are enjoying nice winters day here but know we are going to be in for a stinking hot summer
          have a good day everyone

Comment

juicing july week 4

See Rusty? EWOP!
            Glad you got rid of that PIA :H

Lily was on another not so nice roll today so I did the unthinkable. I went & picked up EB so he could help me keep her entertained. Worked out perfectly

Witts, i hope you can find something to relieve those jumpy legs, I know that's annoying. Are youbtaking any meds that could becmaking the problem worse? Havevyou mentioned this to your Doc?

Hey there G! Glad your are feeling strong & happy

End of the day here, yay!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good Morning Juicers,

Speaking of juicy, look who stopped by.....Mr.G!:h Yo, G-String....thanks for poppin' in for a look, and thank you for your support.:l Lazy, annoying managers....I feel for you there, friend. Sounds like my ex-client. GRRRRRR......What are you up to these days? Have you made any new CDs?

Star-you've been on my mind and in my step, lately, because of the situation with your son living at home. You are such a strong woman, "living life on life's terms" and I so wish my friend whose only son has a multitude of mental/emotional issues could have your philosophy. It would be so much healthier for her. She takes so much Xanax at night it scares me.

Dill-I know you must be awake at night, thinking of your son, and how to help him....and feeling helpless. But really, you ARE helping him, in the most generous way, by watching his kids. Many grandmothers simply would NOT do that. Your kindness speaks with such volume it booms clear into Wisconsin.

Lav-I love this quote:?when anything happens just say to yourself ?I need this? because, after all, everything IS working out perfectly. EWOP

Big hellos to everyone else and sorry I don't have time to say much today. You must be relieved!:H

Whoo hoo....tomorrow is P.O.E.T.S Day!! Thank you for that, Mr. G. I told my very proper and conservative sister what that meant and she laughed so hard!!:H

Happy AF Thursday!

Comment

juicing july week 4

Morning friends!

Finally ~ a break in the weather! No sun but the temp & humidity is bearable for the first time in weeks!

Another day on Lily watch for me, she is currently harassing her mother :H

Have a great AF Thursday one & all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good morning to all...

Rusty, it is HARD to live with my son who I feel is stagnant emotionally. He is working and going to school but depends on my husband and I too much...it is so important that I work, keep up my own interests and friends. I have to set boundaries daily. Luckily my husband and I both manage him, I do not know how I would be if I had to do this on my own. Thanks for caring. Xanex would be a bad road to go down, as it is as addictive as alcohol and really dangerous to just quit taking. However, my sympathies go out to this lady. Hope you can be there for her from time to time. She is lucky to have you as her friend. Hey, very awesome and cool you fired Mr. Rude and Demanding. He would have continued to be this way, and what is the point? Both people have to act in a professional manner to make it work.

Lav, hope little granddaughter has a better day today.

Dill, it helps me to know that you too are assisting your son as an adult. Sometimes I wonder did we do things right, etc., but know that things just happen.

Wittsend, enjoy your day.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

juicing july week 4

Hey Juicy July-ers!

Thanks for the shout-outs to me, I have not stayed away by any reason other than being slammed and having every minute filled to the max. I think I last posted just as the revolving door was starting around July 4th - I won't tell all, but things have just continued to be a whirlwind. Thanks all for your steady presence here, it helps me even when I don't log on to say hi.
                    Just read back over this week - good luck everyone with your challenges. Star, you sound like this is a tough phase - so glad that you are keeping up with some exercise and summer activities. Your posts always remind me to be grateful, thanks. Lav, loved the EWOP quote - I recently got myself into a real tizzy about an anxiety-producing issue (dog-sitter drama), and finally remembered to repeat L Hay's quote: All is well, everything is working out for my highest good, out of this situation only good will come, and I am safe". And you know what? It all turned out. Whew.
                    Will try to write more soon, but as a quick update: getting ready to leave house and dogs for 3 weeks (wrenching and a lot of work to get ready) to be with HB at his work, where I (have already and) will be writing a ton of copy. Also took on training for a part-time job that I'll start at the end of August, which requires me to do some work in NYC. Just the commute and the training have left me wondering if I've done the right thing, but maybe it's about boundaries again... Rusty, your work story was a real wake-up call for me, I still take on a ton of guilt about stuff that doesn't go right...
                    PMom and Lav - did you survive the heat? No air conditioning here at the house except a couple of room air conditioners, and cross-vent wasn't happening. That long hot week just about did me in. Thank goodness for the cool air today!

Miss everybody (G-man, thanks for the drop-in) - will try to check in, but it's Crunch Time now - I leave on Sunday morning. Please know I'm thinking of you all, and staying AF in solidarity with you.
                    to the light

Comment

juicing july week 4

Hello All, Whooo! I?ve been really busy! Please excuse my absence.

Lav, wasn?t today?s weather truly a gift?! I have been energized by it. Got started right away this morning cleaning the garage.

Rusty, somehow I missed G?s ?P.O.E.T.S.? day so had to google it. Love it! Also, many thanks for your positive and supportive comments. My life certainly isn't what I had anticipated it would be upon retiring!:H

Hello G, grand to see you!

Star, I hear you on the wondering ?did we do things right?? I ask myself that many times. But I do know that this adult-children-living-with-parents phenomenom is nationwide. It?s the economy mostly, but there are other factors as well. What you said about your son stagnating emotionally really hit home. That has been one of my major worries! (Of-the- wake-in-the-middle-of-the-night-worrying variety) I want him to move forward. Living with us is what has to happen right now, but it isn?t conducive to forward motion for him.

Cyn, I remember you telling us you were going into an extremely busy period. Although I have missed you, I understand and am happy you had the time to post today. It?s good to hear from you. You sound so busy! I can?t imagine you would have been able to keep up this pace when you were drinking every night! Do you ever reflect on that?
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

juicing july week 4

morning everyone
                        glad the weather changed for you lav

I now have 8 weeks up
                        how was poets day rusty

have a good time away cyn

Comment

juicing july week 4

:happy::wd:Hello Witts, Congrats on 8 weeks!! You are doing so well!:wd::happy:
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

juicing july week 4

Damn, I just lost my post

Star & Dill, take a look at this "Hardwiring Happiness'
                            Hardwiring Happiness Pre-Order Info Received | Dr. Rick Hanson - Author of Buddha's Brain and Just One Thing

Rick Hanson's writings intrigue me, I just pre-ordered his book. I'll have it delivered to my iPad (good savings). Tomorrow when my brain is rested a bit I'll look at the free bonus presentation 'Your Best Brain'.
                            I think we could all take away something useful from this book

Cyn, great to see you
                            Being busy is a good thing but awfully tiring :H
                            Hope all your plans work out well!

Congrats to you Witts!!! Awesome work, glad you are with us!

What's going on with you Rusty?

My daughter just completed week 3 of her 5 week summer session & that means I have successfully managed Ms Lily as well. I can't begin to tell you how different & downright difficult she can be but cute as a button & smart too. She runs circles around the boys, no kidding! I am trying to (quietly) break her of some of her most attention seeking, demanding behaviors. I have another 2 weeks to go with her & hoping to see her settle down a bit. Phew!!

I have the next 3 days OFF :H
                            Have a good night one & all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good morning to all...

Lav, I have read Buddha's Brain and bought Just One Thing by Rick Hansen, also signed up for his newletter, so really work towards changing the wiring in my brain to one of gratefulness and contentment. I know it is normal and ok to be concerned when your adult children struggle and more, live with you. I do not let it rule my life, but it does at times drag me down especially when he is off for the weekend. I agree with you that it is important to focus on gratefulness and let go of the past. Your granddaughter sounds like so much fun.

Dill, good to know that I am not the only one with concerns. I agree that rents are so high, gas is so high, food has gone up, and it is hard if not impossible to make it on 10 bucks an hour. I really wish there was a living wage for jobs in this country. Anyway, in some ways we are blessed because we are able to spend time with our family, be close, and share our lives.

Cyn, good to hear from you. I hope you are able to slow down and take some time for yourself on your trip. Great you are working in a field you love.

Wittend, you are doing fantastic. What are the changes you treasure the most?

The weather here continues to be perfect, cooler and sunny. I am going to walk and bike ride today. I have gained 5 pounds and need to get it off. My pants are tight and it is uncomfortable. Love July, wish it could last longer. Have a great day.
                              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

juicing july week 4

Quick hello, juicers!

Witts - hello, sorry I have not been here much with your journey, but congrats on all you are accomplishing. Lav - sounds like you have Miss Lily in her own summer session as well - good for you! Enjoy your days off, and I hope no more alarms sound! Star - enjoy the end of your favorite July. You never stop seeking and reading - bless you. Hope that the situation with your son eases. Dill - you too, so hope that this time is just a safe haven and that soon he'll want to move on for himself.

Hey Rusty, I was in Rusty-land in mid-July! Part of why I got so behind with my work was that I went with HB to the midwest for his hi-school reunion. We went a few days early, and I rented a car and drove myself up to see a dear dear friend outside of Madison. It was a beautiful drive, I only spent about 30 hours there, but got caught up, worked in her garden, and shared a little slice of life. 6 hours of driving, but worth it.

Got one doggy door put in yesterday, the other (to go into a sliding patio door) arrived by UPS yesterday and will get put in today. Just in time for the pups to learn the new system of double doggy doors (they already know how to use the doors, just the new system will take a bit of thinking). It took a lot of figuring, and $$$ fenced portion of the yard, but now I know they'll be safe and can potty whenever they need to while the dog sitters are away. Phew.

Good news - stepdaughter got a job in CT! Only 1.5 hours away. This will be life-changing for us - no more midnight rides to the airport 2 hours away when she comes to visit for a long weekend. thank goodness.

Thanks Lav for the Buddha's Brain info - i still get the Just One Thing emails, but I have to confess that I don't give them enough attention. I have the 'Brain' book, but haven't read it. Do we see a pattern here? Thanks for the kick in the pants about changing behavior - it won't happen until I Pay Attention. And Dill - thanks for the reminder that this spurt of accountability and productivity are really due to an AF life. Yes, Yes Yes.
                                Be well all!
                                to the light

Comment

Working...
                                X