No announcement yet.

Ladies on a Mission: The Official Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Star,my Winslow is very picky over treats,he doesn't DO milk bones,or anything else "blah" he likes the good stuff
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Our dog wasn't motivated by food or treats for the first couple years of her life. The only thing she cared about (and still does love although she likes treats now) is BALL. When I take her swimming, she can be in the midst of squawking geese in the water or on land and ignore them, with all her attention on the ball. It is pretty funny to see.

Comment

Great pictures Jane, Redford sounds great...make it Indian by calling him RedJeet or Redvinder, lol! Kidding.

Hey, I'm going out tonight to my girlfriends house. It's a ladies get together with lots of wine and food. I will be snuggling up to my Perrier and be eatin the food. Another sober night for me. I look forward to an Un Hing Saturday morning.

Talk later.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi,

He's adorable, Jane. I like RedFORD!

Nar - I actually LOVE all the eating I get to do now that I don't drink. I don't feel guilty having more because with no alcohol I managed to still lose weight.

I am at the end of a long and tiring week, and am facing another WAY too busy week and weekend. I am overbooked all fall, but it is all with good things.

Good night,
          Pav

Comment

So is he being a Red or a RedFORD, Jane?

Nar, you sound great! I remember when those girlfriend get-togethers were stressful for you. Now that you don't drink, who cares about all that business?? Happy un-hung morning! I've been geeking out on J. Fung's IF information lately. I guess I always have to be learning and experimenting with something and it sure isn't going to be testing whether I can drink!

Pav, I hope you don't get so busy that you miss out on exercise - that seems to be your sobriety touchstone. If you need to, say No to some things, even if you initially said Yes. (If you would easily back out of something because you or a family member were sick, you can back out to stay healthy).

Nice to see you here Pauly and Star! You're definitely on missions! Pauly, I've read elsewhere that you're struggling a bit. Just remember that the past doesn't need to predict the future! This is a great chance to deal with those feelings in a better, healthier way. Star, you sound different (in a good way!) with this quit. What's changed for you? Anyway, I'm so happy for you and can't wait for you and Pauly to be solidly AF :hug:.

Hi, LB and Mr. G.! What are you up to, TT?

Happy weekend!

Comment

RedFord for bad and RedJeet for good! Love both! So far he's just been Red. Can I just say this is the dog of my dreams? I have a perma smile! Biggest challenge is making sure hubs gets equal attention, and to keep my gross happiness in check (you know when someone else's good mood can feel downright obnoxious lol?) I'm in love love love! No big problems yet...only cried a little when we went upstairs to bed. I'm going to have to take some video to share with you guys. I have never met such an smart, loving and easy going pup! Doesn't bark, doesn't shed, seems to have manners (politely regards the sofa with interest but hasn't tried anything), stays close to me, and only goes to the bathroom on the very edges of our yard. Totally not into peeing where other dogs have peed, or startled by strangers and noise. Relieved this morning when he ate some dog food. I get the feeling he's used to the good stuff (people food).
              Wishing everyone a great day. Going to leave him solo for the 1st time for a few hours. Fingers crossed. How did I get so lucky?
              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                Star, you sound different (in a good way!) with this quit. What's changed for you?
                Thanks, NS. I FEEL different, too. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe just going about it more methodically this time?

I'm not really in any kind of a pink cloud. I am not trying to please anyone. I am not afraid of saying what I know. I just know I need out.

I think some truths that I have heard over and over again (and that I have even advised others about, over and over again) are beginning to sink in. I am able to see, now, through my struggles and the struggles of others that this is a PROCESS and we have to work at it. We will have good times and we will have flat time, but the important thing is to "stay the course". We can't have it any other way.

Good to see you all again!

Where is Lassie? I miss her!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Cross Post, Jane.

So HAPPY for you and for Red!
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Morning Gloamers – its Sunday here. Good to see the thread so busy lately – it was very quiet last weekend.
                    Been doing a lot of thinking and not sure if I belong on MWO anymore. I cant seem to find my space. Although we have the common bond of alcohol abuse and recovery – I sometimes feel like an outsider – living in a very different country and sometimes having different ways of how I see the world. Some of the threads are almost just chat-groups – which is all part of recovery- but for me I need to be reminded of why I have been a faithful part of MWO for over 3 years. I think that is why I read the meds thread quite often (thanks guys, on the meds thread if you are reading) – I don't want to forget how it was to be entrapped in the reality of AL addiction. Of course I agonise out loud to you all about my personal life here as well, so I know how helpful it is to share, and Gloamers get this – as we are mostly (not all) are mothers, balancing work/life and other female-related health issues (pardon Mr G, I know you are a regular here too). What I like about Gloamers, apart from the lovely people, is that it is not too preachy. Once we start talking in slogans –I am out of here !!!!! It also helps me to practice tolerance (a value that is very important to me, but which I don't always do well) as we are all different.

I have seen many people come and go from MWO since I joined up and I sometimes wonder why. I think some leave because they start drinking, or are thinking about it – others may leave because they feel they can’t contribute anymore – or perhaps they feel at odds with MWO.

Anyway, I had to put this out here. I am not contemplating drinking. Maybe its because I am mildly depressed at the moment and have a lot of anxiety over a huge decision I have to make regarding my professional future (sorry I cant share). But I do feel kind of weird sometimes – as MWO is very North American. I am not what I would call a ‘brash’ type of Kiwi – so I don't do the colloquial slang or jokes that some people associate with Australians and NZers. Guess I have to plod on being myself – but do I still belong on MWO?

Comment

^I think you do.

I've had the same thoughts, looked at other options, and chosen to stay. I hope you do, too.

Comment

I thought of moving on too TT but i havent, i need the accountability. We from the other side of the world need to give the others a run for their money! I hope life gets better for you xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

TT i always look for your posts. You help me keep on track. Also love hearing about the Southern hemisphere. We may not have deep, meaningful discussions every day, but when someone needs help, or a morale boost, we all jump right in. And what you have to say does help. Very much so.
                          Jane he's precious.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hi,

I concur with the above, TT. I feel like leaving, but I am most certainly afraid that if I do, I'll drink again. And I'll miss you all, for sure, as well. NS pointed out once that you don't have to read and respond to everything. Sometimes I just swing by to check in, and sometimes I read and comment on many posts. I like LB's point - check in and use us if you need us.

Ava - I love when you stick your nose in here. I know you're busy, too.

Star, Pauly, good to see you here, too. Star, you sound great. Thanks for posting about your relapse in the nest. Reading stories like that reminds me to stay extra vigilant.

Jane - Happy!

Nar and everyone, good night. I DO miss SL but I know she's ok.

xo
                            Pav

Comment

Jane, I am so glad your dog is working out. That is great. Red is beautiful.

TT, i have thought of moving on myself but I find just talking to the group here keeps my AL issue front and centre. I don't want to forget how important it is for me to stay sober. TT, your posts are very important to me, you have some really good insights and interesting things to say. Part of the beauty of this is that we are from all over the world but we share a common bond because of AL.
                              Hello Ava!
                              NS, I am the same way with Jason Fung. I have lost 17lbs since April doing LCHF and intermittent fasting. I weigh the same as I did when I got married, it is awesome! I have been watching his videos lately again.

Well, tomorrow morning is going to be another Un Hung Sun. Looking forward to that
                              Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

X Post Pav. Have a good night. I am glad you are all here.
                                Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X