No announcement yet.

Marvellous March 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning friends, I'm not scared I'll drink at Lou's party,just don't want to be around very long,they're a big Mexican family with mostly men and they get loud and his other gramma and greatgramma get together in a corner and speak Spanish the whole time,its just a stressy feeling and I wish Kell would have had it in the park instead,coulda had it here but my yard isn't big enough for the jumper they rented,anyone ever take quercitin? Was reading its good for allergies but tbh I'm kinda over buying supps hello Dill,Lav,Star,Cyn hope we all have a great Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all -

Yes, Star - Dill is right; it's always something!!! I am getting ready to accompany Mr T on a job he has coming up - we will be gone 10 days, so you can imagine that I'm in 'prep' mode. Since I'm feeding the dogs 4/5 times a day, that's 40 - 50 meals to prep (for one dog). I'm just getting the vegies ready for my male dog, the sitter can combine his meals, but I girl-dog's food needs to be pureed, so I ordered 50 chinese take-out containers, and I'm filling those! I put some in the freezer last night to see if the food will make it through being frozen and thawed...we'll see. Glad that you had a good sleep - I hope that your work is busy but not too stressful.

Lav - how are you doing keeping up with the Microbiome summit? I've only listened to 2 - Alisa V... about hormones ( I thought she was great - I've taken a quick look at her site), and last night I fell asleep while listening to the Fermentationist (!). That was pretty interesting too. Everybody's saying the same thing, but coming at it in different ways. Interesting. Hope your daughter gets through mid-terms without too much stress - I'm sure she'll do great.

Dill - the word is methylation - here is a quick overview. http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-18245...tion-more.htmlThe problem with those of us (about 30% of the population) is that we don't detoxify things very well. I think it was a condition that I was born with - probably why I've been searching for health answers for decades. I missed the info that you are checking in with a doc - good luck, and great job with self-care.

Pauly - sounds like you have a great plan for the birthday weekend! Good job thinking ahead. Your gson is so lucky to have you in his life...

Lav and Star, I'm taking the 'Detachment' book with me on this trip. I'll finally have some time to 'absorb' these ideas and sink into the meditation practice. The book was in with the chinese take-out containers in the Amazon box -- I finally found it there last night!

Well, off to get everything done - one piece at a time. Wishing all a happy, AF Thursday!

Comment

Pauly, I have never heard of a quercetin supplement. I think we get plenty by eating fresh fruits & veggies. I drink up to a quart of decaf green tea every day. All that adds up I think.
        I don't blame you for just wanting to make an appearance at that party. I probably would just excuse myself & not go, but that's just me.

Cyn, I am failing miserably trying to listen to the summit speakers. I've only been able to catch a little here & there. I wasn't expecting to be so busy with work stuff this week, figures.
        I hope you have a great trip! You will need a rest after all that work preparing meals for your doggie. The take out cartons is a great idea

Peace to all tonight!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning,

Yay, it's Friday, lots to do today, the weather is no big deal, we had about an inch of snow! Have a good one.

Comment

We got about an inch of snow yesterday and overnight. It's a comfort to know that we will be in the 60's Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

Star, hope your furnace is getting the job done with the short term fix they did. You have a busy weekend lined up. Enjooy!

Cyn thanks for the link. I found it quite interesting! Clever idea using the take out containers. Will your neighbor be taking care of the doggies?

Lav, Pauly, greetings.

Let's all have a great af Friday.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Friday to all

Still snowing here, looks like a couple of inches so far. I am looking forward to next week's warmup, oh yeah!!

I'm going to try to get to Curves later. I need to keep moving to keep the end of the winter aches & pains under control.
              Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning all -

Glad to see that all are coping with the snow today - thank goodness we're on our way out of winter, right?! Nice to hear the warmth in the forecast. I keep thinking that the sun is coming up so early...nice to see the brightness in the window in the morning. I almost wonder why we need to go to Daylight Savings...

Take care all with your busy schedules! Lav, I hope that you get to Curves. I am enjoying the yoga that I'm doing as part of the Stress Reduction - seems to work out the kinks of the nighttime. Star - hope you get to the piano this weekend! I'm sure you'll enjoy having your house to yourself. Pauly - hope that you have a good day today - is it your day off? Dill - I read more about the methylation cycle last night; there is a whole new field of study regarding how we can turn our genes 'on' or 'off' depending on what we eat and how we handle stress, etc. Seems that DNA is not destiny - we have a lot of control over our lives and health. Lav - I wasn't able to listen at all yesterday to the Summit - there was one about skin and the microbiome, that would have been interesting. When I listened to the 'Fat Summit' they gave a chance afterwards for one day to listen to things you might have missed... I'm hoping that this summit will do the same.

Dill - our dear neighbor will be helping out with the feeding, which is still 4 - 5 times a day, uuugh. But we have a beloved dog-sitter that we pay to come stay at the house and take care of the dogs. She's a part-time teacher, and also works for the animal rescue place here, and she's practically part of the family now. But I do have to clean the house before she comes! I have her room ready, now it's slicking up everything else - - the kitchen is a bit of a disaster area at the moment!

Off to finish up one set of business taxes and get it off to the accountant. More taxes await when I get home, oh well!

Wishing all a great AF Friday --

Comment

Morning friends,just a pop in as I'm sneezing yoo much to posy properly, I posted in other threads and it looks weird, I'll try and check back later,have a great Friday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all!

I have 2 hours here at home before the 2+ hours drive to the airport, so I have to be quick this morning. Not too many things to finish up with, I hope, but there always seems to be a bit of a rush at the end. Star - I got my sitting meditation in already, though!

I now have my password memorized, so I should be able to get on and post while we're away these next 10 days.

For now, I'm wishing everyone a great AF weekend; lots of self-care and happy moments.

More later!

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone!

Lav, my medical check up went well, I forgot to mention that. Just slightly elevated cholesteral, but that's always the case. Doc isn't too concerned because the "good" cholesteral number is high. Little granddaughter is coming today, looking forward to that!

Star, have fun with your grandson. I think you said you were going to stay overnight with him. Will that be at your home or his?

Cyn, I read that article on methylation. I think I already mentioned that. Anyway, I shared the info with Mr. D too. He had a better grasp of the science of it all than I did, but I had a pretty good understanding of it after finishing the article. There were lots of terms I simply was unfamiliar with so it took some effort to understand it, but I love learning new things so thanks!

Hi Pauly, I hope the sneezing is under control today. It gets old really fast, doesn't it? Is today the party for Louie?

Mr. D and I just bought a new, gently used vehicle. It's a Ford Edge. Mr. D wanted a vehicle that could pull a small trailer and our other car didn't have a tow package on it. I love it!

Have a nice af day everyone.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-post Cyn, have a safe journey!
                        Dill

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Saturday

Chilly but sunny so far. Next week we are supposed to see some 70+ degree weather, yay!!

Bon voyage Cyn!
                          I hope you have a wonderful time.

Dill, congrats on the new wheels. I like the Edge, not too big but handy, ha ha!!
                          Glad your checkup went well. I am still on a low dose of generic Lipitor. I agreed to take it not so much for the slightly elevated LDL but because of my family history of clogged arteries. My ratio has always been very good too. I see that a lot in women but things change quite a bit after we lose our protective estrogen unfortunately.
                          Enjoy your granddaughter time

Hi there Star & Pauly!
                          I hope everyone has a great AF day. No special plans for me, just putzing around today, ha ha!

Lav
                          Last edited by Lavande; March 5, 2016, 07:47 PM.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,safe travels Cyn congratson the new vehicle Dill,we've been searching for a used car for Kell but can't find much,refuse to do car payments, I'll never do that again,feel very nauseas this morning but my guess is too much java,you guys ever do that?drink some,don't feel awake so have more but then you're beyond awake,eeks! Louie loved his stuff yesterday I think I'm gonna do that every year for him,that way it's more special and I feel more relaxed, if I had waited til today I'd be running around all crazy trying to get stuff done,his dad kept saying that I shoulda saved his presents for today but I told him I'm not staying very long period.Lav, sure you'll find something to keep you busy,hi Star off to find food,have a super,sober Saturday friends

Comment

Hey Pauly, glad Louie liked his gifts! I love to see them happy
                              I'm not so great on morning coffee anymore either. I have one cup, pour a second but usually don't finish it which is weird. Who knows??

We just lit a fire to take the chill off, geez. We are supposed to have more snow flurries overnight. I don't want them

Peace to all!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Friends,
                                Both grandkids came yesterday for an overnight. It's always nice when the 10 yo decides to visit as well. He has so much fun out in Pop Pop's shop learning how to handle different tools and things. We had a Connect Four Tournament in the evening. I lost. Oh well, my focus is not what it used to be! LOL

Pauly, that's great that Louie enjoyed his gifts with you! And as for the coffee, well, I sometimes do that too with trying to wake up. However, it doesn't make me nauseous so much as it makes me anxious and jittery. Ugh! Just like wine, I never stop at one or two! LOL

Lav, My arteries are not clogged either but like you, I have a strong family history of heart attack and stroke. I am on a low dose of lipitor too. The new car is a 2013, so not really brand new, but new to us. Besides, the previous owner only put 7,000 miles on it! Now Mr. D and I are looking at small travel trailers on the internet. I may just get to see the Grand Canyon after all!

Star, enjoy your grandson time. Cyn, enjoy your get away. Be safe.

Have a great AF Sunday all.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X