AF April Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AF April Angels

Morning friends,Cyn,some people have beautiful grey/white hair,in those cases I always talk them out of coloring usually but the grey that runs in my family is an ugly grey!the hairs even grown out all angrily twisty and gnarled looking, I have a cousin who's my age and she let's hers go and she has ALOT of grey,its not cute and it ages her,hope you find the mouse,I think its odd that Vegas houses don't have basements, would seem like the perfect place cuz it would feel cooler and take up less space,when I lived in UT almost every house had one,Star,no bike rides yet,he's gotta get plates and he's working on the carburator,I think a part-time job in the fall would be nice, in what field you think? Something different? I'm glad you have Easter plans and you don't hafta cook! I kind of gave up on religion for now,not God of course but religious stuff,too contradictory in their ideas,beliefs, practices, meh,Lav,will you get together with your daughter and granddaughter for Easter? I'm sorry the boys will be gone but that's why its good to have 3 grandbabies,I didn't have Lou yesterday cuz all of a sudden his other gramma wanted to watch him cuz she missed him,sheesh,once a year she misses him,hmm,Kell said he's getting sick too,stomach problems poor baby,I said bad timing too with both of them having procedures done this week, hopefully it passes quickly, alrighty,wishing us all a very happy AF Tuesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all,

Well, what a 'day off'. I completely cleaned the storage room where the freezer (unplugged and not used) and the extra fridge are - lots of shelves and got rid of a bunch of stuff, then cowboyed up and moved the fridge out. Yep, it was the mouse that was smelly, so I took care of that. I think that I am sensitive to/allergic to Pinesol, but it's what I had, so more of that got used to wash this floor. So far so good on the smell front, hopefully that will be it. Then since I was all geared up and dirty I went outside and cut down some small trees and cleared some brush... I didn't pay attention to the fact that it was OVER 80 DEGREES?!!! So I was beet red when I came inside. Spotted my first poison ivy, so marked it, and washed with the special soap just in case... I didn't go near it, but just the same...
      Took all to the transfer station, walked the dogs, and had an hour conference call. That bring me up to now, sitting with a hot pack on my neck...

I hope all are well tonight - Star, hang in there, so sorry. Lav, I hope family time is shaping up. Pauly, good luck with 3 sick kids! I hope all goes well...

Take care ---

Comment

Good evening friends,

I think we may have broken the weather record for warmth today, my AC turned itself on, ha ha!! It was 102 degrees in the sun on my deck (bad place for the thermometer) but just proves I truly need that pergola built, Lol

Star, only a few days left, right? Keep yer cool, it's almost over
        My DIL will remain a mystery & as of now I really don't even care. Don't mean to sounds harsh but I cannot get into her head stuff without risking my own sanity. I am proud of my son, he has been holding the fort down while she takes off for a week at a time. I guess he knows what he's doing.
        Funny, YB got a text from him after dinner tonight asking if we could watch their dogs (the Insanity Twins) while they go to Arizona this week - SERIOUSLY?? They have been boarding the dogs at a local place when they go away, guess the forgot to make reservations?

Cyn, your Seder dinner sounded unusual & lovely. You are so thoughtful
        Sorry about your friend's UC, yucky disease. The usual foods that cause inflammation should be avoided. Things like dairy, high fat foods, gas producing foods, etc. Smaller frequent meals are usually better tolerated. Fiber can be good/bad - depends on the individual. He may not have much of an appetite so something like homemade bone broth would be ideal & provide essential nutrients.
        Congrats on getting the mouse - they sure can raise a stink!!!
        I've talked to my daughter about Easter but she said she had to wait to hear from her in-laws. No big deal, there's always next year I guess.

Pauly, cute picture of Louie today but that kid needs some sunglasses, ha ha! It's weird when the 'other grandma' suddenly pipes up & realizes they're missing out. My MIL was that grandma
        I hope everything goes OK with the kid's procedures this week!

OK, now to go figure out why we are suddenly being asked to dog sit again!!
        Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning and happy hump day!!!!

OK, it's Wednesday later today my week will be half over, finally. This week is dragging to say the least. However, yesterday I had numerous appointments and was busy so it was better. Today, not so much to do and the week slows down from there. Engaging in self care, eating lightly, need to exercise though.

Lav, are you going to watch the dogs? Geez, what a decision. I would not want to, at all. I always hated when people brought their dogs to my house. Interesting decision for you to make. Today it is a little bit cooler, but sunny forecast and I am grateful. Everything and anything positive I will take right now.

Pauly, yes I will look for a job in the fall, not with what I do now though. I am ready to get into something else, not sure what but will have time to explore. From the time I moved here a few years ago, I have worked full time and have not even had time to explore all I have wanted to. I am also going to talk to my husband about going vegetarian a few days a week, see what he says. I want to see how we feel eating differently. But not all right away. I will have time to cook and not be scrambling at 6:30 am or when I am tired after work. This has been a stressful year for us from the beginning, now it is time for change. I read where we had a pink moon but when I looked at it it was white. Anyway, this moon is supposed to symbolize new energy and change. I know that what I focus on grows, so focusing on positive changes, opportunities for growth. So nice for your family to have two grandmas, your grandson has so many who love him. He is a darling little guy.

Cyn, when you get going, watch out! You accomplished so much in one day, I bet it felt good. I am excited to organize and get things done at home that I normally don't have time for. You inspire me! Take care!

Wishes for a wonderful AF Wednesday.

Comment

Morning friends, just a quick hello from me too tired for one of my brilliant posts haha,wishing us all a happy AF Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all -

Lav, 102?! I thought we were hot at 86. This is nuts. Hope you get your pergola up soon! And the Insanity Twins? Geez, that's some nerve. Oh well, your son sounds like he's handling a lot. Hope Easter works out, otherwise... you and the chickens will have to have an egg hunt, I guess.

Star, hang in there !! Eyes on the prize! You are almost there. Your plans sound great.

Pauly, hope you are OK - I get the morning 'tiredness' I am often that way and it takes awhile for me to get going. Good luck -

I was just in the middle of writing a long piece talking about the 9 state republicans who voted against a wage-parity bill, but lost it when my computer decided to date. My fault for not saving as I went along, ughhhhhh. Must get back at it - so interesting - 2 women voted against, and one voted against the proposed law to limit gun purchases when there is a domestic dispute. I wonder how she feels about the vote now (SAN Bernadine). Yesterday I read 2 international press articles that have absolutely staggering statistics about gun violence and women - specifically in domestic violence situations. Unbelievable.

OK, must get this piece written.... more tomorrow. Sleep tight all ---

Comment

Good evening friends!

Still Wednesday here Pauly, ha ha!!!
                I hope your day has been OK

Star, this week will end, I promise!!!
                I know it seems extra long, the last one always does. I hope you get a chance to think & explore different avenues before having to return to work. I don't know about you but the older I got the less I felt the need to be out there 'proving' myself to some employer. There is a point when that stuff doesn't matter so much. My self employment gig was what I needed at that point & it worked. Now I am winding it down & dreaming of retirement entirely.
                I stopped watching my son's dogs when my older dog Maxie got so difficult to take care of so they've been going to some dog sitter nearby. But she backed out on them yesterday & they are leaving tomorrow on their trip so....... As mad as I am or not I wouldn't want to see them waste 4 air tickets to Arizona.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are doing well!

Have a great night everyone. Tomorrow morning I am going in for a B/P check then heading an hour north to visit cemeteries (none of our siblings ever go to visit our parents). That's just what we do

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Cross posted Cyn, haha!!!!
                  It wasn't actually 102 yesterday - it's just that the sun hits the thermometer directly.
                  I hope you find your lost data - bummer.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

This week is soooooo long, all my job duties have been given to others so I have nothing to do. All day long. It is ridiculous and very boring. I will get through it though and looking forward to having next week off. Oh, and every week for a while I guess.

Lav, you are right, I don't want a stressful job anymore, I just don't. I want to do something though, my parents worked as long as they could, not full time though. I would love to find something that is a good fit. But first, just to heal and feel better. Not feeling too good about myself at the moment. Two more days. Nice of you to watch the dogs, they are alot of work. We looked at dogs yesterday and I am changing my mind pretty much, dogs are so much work. My one little cat is easy. Having said that, right now I am not in the best mood so to take something big on, like a dog, is not sounding like something I want to do.

Cyn, interesting writing you are doing. Anger and guns do not result in a good outcomes. Sorry you lost your draft, darn, I hate when that happens.

Hey Pauly, hope your family does well today with the medical issues.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends, Star,I'm sad you changed your mind about getting a dog but it is a lot of work and its good you thought it out more,a few years ago I took two of Kells kittens her cat had and it was just too much,I had to re-home them cuz I guess I just dont like cats,I thought it would be cool to have a cat relaxing and looking all cute,not climbing up my curtains and jumping on countertops eating our food,just not for me Cyn,I made a sugar-free cheesecake yesterday, it turned out OK but you can tell its"healthy" haha, whatever it was fun to experiment Lav,good look with the IT's! I feel like I remember every visit those dogs have had! Wishing us all a Happy AF THURSDAY for real this time

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well I insisted my NP add a diuretic to my medicine regimen but only to be used as needed. My B/P was actually a bit lower today that it has been but still too high & I still have that nagging mild headache. Who wants that? Diuretics are the first line of defense in managing B/P so it should help
                        My son dropped the dogs off at 9 am & they have been good as gold, no problems. It's been a while since I've had them here but they seem to remember everything & so far have been listening to me quite nicely.

Star, normally speaking I don't find dogs to be a lot of work because I am so used to having them. The house just doesn't seem 'normal' without a dog or two here. There's plenty of time to think about that. A few weeks away from that hostile work atmosphere will have you feeling a whole lot better. Hang in there!

Pauly, I hope your family is doing OK after their procedures today.
                        Are you all ready for the Easter bunny visit?

Cyn, how did your day go?

Have a good night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening all - sorry for the late checkin. The day has been full as usual.

Star, I'm sorry you aren't feeling great about yourself right now - don't let the bastaxxxxrds get you down! Just one more day!!!! I think you are wise to not get a dog right now. It depends on what you get, but they are much more work than a cat, just in terms of feeding and checking in on. It would be a big change for you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...

Pauly, a healthy tasting dessert is still OK! I need to bake something - I would like a decent something to chew on without bad after-effects. How did the health stuff go for your family today?

Lav, I'm so sorry that you have to take b/p mess. A headache all the time would be not fun, and it sounds a little dangerous. Good luck!

Did I say that I took girl dog to the vet yesterday? Yearly checkup. But the vet found some major heart issues, AFib and other strange electrical issues. The vet knows me well, and knows that we're into the hospice part of this sweet girl's life... after last year. I just won't put her through any more stuff, plus I'm still paying last year off! Anyway, I did OK an EKG just so she could see what's going on, it still didn't really give a diagnosis, but oh well! I did some research and found some holistic approaches. We'll keep her as well as can be for as long as we can... she's a fighter, so at 13 1/2 she still might have some tricks up her paw. I am loving every minute with her - what else cam you do?

Sleep tight everyone tonight, and wishing all a great Friday.

PS, that great bright star in the east at sunset is Jupiter, if I read the Earthsky site correctly - unbelievably bright! Sometimes it takes the darkness to really see the brightness of things...

Comment

Good morning...

My last day! I found out I can leave after four hours today and I am going to! Met for dinner with some people I work with and they were nice and we had fun, but glad all that is over with. I just need to heal. My goal today, if I can is to go work out after work.

Lav, sorry about the blood pressure issues, good you are taking care of it, hope the headache goes away. Re: dogs, I had dogs for 15 years, with a nice sized yard, now with a smaller yard, it would be tough unless I got a foo foo dog, which my husband does not want. So, we'll just wait for the time being. I like not having to let dogs out in the morning first thing, no poop patrol, but miss taking them for walks, playing ball, and all the fun dogs are. Big commitment and any decisions like that need to wait. Hey, it is really warm here, 81 yesterday and sunny, so nice. Rain all weekend forecast here, love to see everything blooming.

Pauly, sugar free cheese cake sounds amazing, of course not like the real thing, but then hopefully feel better after it's eaten. I have a whole chicken I will cut up, boil, then barbecue with some good sauce. How are the kids after the medical procedures, and how are you? Stressful. Hope it went well.

Cyn, I agree with you re: senior dogs, not putting them through lots of medical procedures, just make them comfortable and do your best, loving them. My focus since moving here had been to keep it simple. It is not the time in my life to add things. It is hard to leave dogs for 10-12 hours, and I don't want to be tied down, necessarily, not sure what the future has in store for me. I have to figure out how to be in the world with no career focus, that has been my life for the last 15 years or so. Or a new career focus. Right now getting through today and rebuilding my life. The last two weeks have been tough but they will be over with in a few hours. Yay. It is Friday! Any special plans this weekend?

OK, let's enjoy our Fridays, AF.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,you're probably headed into work for your last 4 hours right now,hope it zooms by! Now I want BBQ chicken! Had a couple scares yesterday, for some reason while Kell was under she either vomited or coughed up blood! She said she woke up and there was blood all over the front of the paper gown,I told her I'm done with her getting the procedure, she's supposed to have it every 6 months but to me its pointless and if its caused weird crap like that,thats it then they had a hard time waking her bf up so they had to pump him full of air to revive him? I've never had surgery so all this is weird to me,funny I watch that Skin Tight show where they cut off loose skin around the arms,stomach and legs and I always think it would be cool to have my tummy done but that recovery looks like crap! So no I'll stick with my "mom gut" haha! Went to see the docs yesterday just for a follow up,she says she can see such a difference in me and my attitude, energy and likes what she sees,she's impressed by my diet changing, my exercise and focus on positivity,when I read some of my old posts or threads I can really see how much I've"matured" over the years so I guess it must be true I really think that having you all to walk with has given me an advantage on how I view things,life,spirit,etc-thank you all Lav,I'm surprised you have hbp as healthy as you are but then I guess its genetics,that stuff is scary,glad you keep your eye on it,Cyn,what kind of dog do you have? 13 and a half is pretty up there,I wish dogs could live at least 30 years I'll be devastated when Winslow gets old and or sick,or worse hit by a car cuz sometimes he runs out-little shit! I treat him like a king and yet he still pulls that sometimes, makes me mad,anyways I hope we all have a wonderful AF Friday!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Friday is about over but I'm checking in anyway
                                Daughter & her family decided to come out here after work, nice. We had dinner then a nice bonfire since the weather was cooperating. The ITs are behaving themselves but my younger dog is being a bit of a b*tch having the dogs here, ha ha! My granddaughter has her first T ball game tomorrow - oh boy, Can you imagine a team full of 6 year old girls all spacing out at the same time? Ha ha, I can!

Star, I hope this last day was decent as possible for you. Take some time to breathe & get yourself re-centered. You know the drill, good self care

Pauly, sorry the kids had issues with their procedures yesterday, sounds scary. No medical procedure is really all that simple - anything can happen at any time. Taking care of yourself the best you can with diet & exercise is the safest way to go.

I would love to never have to walk into a medical office myself but I do have a shitty family history. All 4 of my grandparents had cardiovascular issues that eventually killed them all so I have to keep an eye on mine. I had no problem with anything until I turned 50 then everything just went nuts & out of control. I am doing all I can for myself but the medication is needed.

Cyn, sorry about your girl dog. I do know exactly how you feel about providing comfort care & have done the same with all of mine. Maxie is now 14 years 4 months, she's killing us physically but still hanging in there, Lol
                                We all sat outside tonight & admired the night sky in front of the fire

Peace to all tonight!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X