Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 17th

MAE ALL...

Pauly...don't know if I saw where you are off to. Hope it's someplace fun.

Mick...glad to here you made it home safe and sound...well almost. Hope the back isn't too bad.

Found out that the new building super was hired at the outgoing super's salary (more than I make) and that if the useless program coordinator was working full time she'd be making more than me. Ask me if I'm a little ticked!! :rant: No commitments this weekend so plan on putting my plan in place. Putting all my frustrations in a box and not opening it till tomorrow so I can have a peaceful evening. Hope everyone else has a peaceful evening as well. I have spare boxes if you need them LOL....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Happy Friday to all!
      We started the day off by going to a funeral for a guy who would have turned 90 next month! It was someone YB worked with when he was hired as a baby cop back in 1974 & this guy retired in 1982. Geez, he had a nice long retirement

Mick, too sdamp for camping huh? Glad you are home with your bunnies & I hope your back is OK!

Pauly, eat some LA tacos for me

PQ, I suppose you have no union rep to complain to about this BS
      I'm sorry you are being treated like that, that's sad in this day & age. It's work discrimination & woman discrimination - plain & simple.
      I think you should light that box on fire tomorrow, I would, ha ha!!!

Det, feeling better I hope?

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahoy ABerooos!

so happy to be feeling much better and really hungry after eating didly for so many days.

Mick, heinz beans on brown toast I'm assuming? hope the soreness eases.

PPQ, at least you got a little time off. In my department the highest paid employee is a woman and
        she's awesome. Stand up for you and be vigilant!

our last pres very nearly got us into WWIII also and it took the diplomacy of a foreign pres to get the situation
        defused. I'm wondering if we shouldn't outsource our next pres? or even better... go back to when the 10th ammd
        actually was respected. oh well. us tax-cows press onwards.

rather tired from working last two days since I was flat out for the prior week. making myself go slowish.

Snow? not quite but it's close up on the Sierras and I had frost on the car this morn. so much for autumn!

Hopefully I'll get some photos this weekend... been way too long.

have a super eve loves and be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin all...howzwee then today?all good ...Im at the back man this morning ...got a funny feeling I aint going detecting tomorrow....especially as madam says if I do Im mad....but its up to me...hah hah...Im sure all you ladies have used that one before...its up to you ....but let me tell you ...dont come moaning to me ..none of my business but ...so I guess that will be a political retreat.. it actually is pretty sore ...dont think the disc has popped this time ..it just feels like a mahoosive brooze..anyway brew time

hiya det ..yep letsav some pics mate...thats right heinz on wholemeal!! condiments and spices added as required!!!

hiya Lav...hows you then?all good? hope so,,wasnt so much the rain but the wind,80 odd mph isnt any fun...but at least we proved all the kit..here yas go heres a brew ...thats a good innings for the guy whose funeral you went to ...especially if he was still compos mentis all that time..Remember the bird of paradise plant I have that wont flower ? I put it on the window ledge upstairs and it has grown about 4 inches in the last month plus new shoots ..so fingers crossed..

oh no ...page disappeared!!!thankfully recovered part of it...it didnt save it all..

hiya ppqp..no wonder you are hacked off ...have you got a plan?have you got a job spec have you had an interview with new guy?do you do over and above your work?do you know what your responsibilities are? who covers for part time co-ordinator ?what happens when she is off ..what SHOULD happen when she is off? is there anyone that you get on with paricularily well there? especially someone that cant keep there mouth shut? now be honest with yourself ...we all think we are indispensable...I did ..and yet the prison service never stopped when I left ...the hospital didnt stop when Lav left..etc etc ..so take a long look at how effective you are to the functionality and running of the place short medium and long term.. .then you can work out a plan...i can already think of one as Im sure you can but its got to be based around your answers..

best of luck

hiya pauly how are you then today? where are you?

big hello to everyone else.....

Spare a thought for poor ole Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair.
          After arriving in a hotel in Manchester, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.
          The barman nodded and said, "That will be £1 please, Mr. O’Leary."
          Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.
          "Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6 pm until 8 pm. We have the cheapest beer in England".
          "That is remarkable value", Michael comments.
          "I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be £3 please."
          O'Leary scowled, but paid up.
          He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you £1."
          "I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please".
          Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in, he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".
          "I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of £4 for your seat sir".
          O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another £3."
          O'Leary was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".
          "I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be £2 please."
          O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"
          "Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."
          "I've had enough! What sort of a Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"
          "Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only £1 per second, or part thereof".
          "I will never use this bar again".
          "OK sir, but do remember, we are the only hotel in England selling pints for £1."

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him.
          She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said,"I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease, it's just that you look so much like my late son."
          He answered, "That's okay."
          "I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mum, as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."
          She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mum."
          The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him.
          Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.
          "That comes to £121.85," said the clerk.
          "How come so much? I only bought 5 items!"
          The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."

My mate just phoned me to tell me he had changed his name by deed poll to spinal column. "Can I call you back?" I asked.

21752294_1563829697017781_5963791528629656228_n.jpg

A young lady walks into a supermarket and on her way round she sees the chap who'd had his wicked way with her the previous evening, after they had met in a club.
          He was stacking washing powder boxes on the shelves.
          "You lying bstard!" she shouts," last night you told me you were a stunt pilot!"
          "No," he says, "I told you I was a member of the Ariel display team."

"Been drinking tonight sir?" The policeman asked.
          "I had one earlier, but that was all," I replied.
          "I think you've had a few more than that sir. Would you step out of the van please."
          "Why?" I asked.
          "Because the Postman Pat ride isn't really designed for adults and there's children waiting for their go!"

I was on the train today when the inspector asked to see my ticket. He said, "This is yesterday's ticket."
          I replied, "Yes I know it's yesterday's ticket, that's when I got on this fcking train."

For a film entitled "What Women Want" I was expecting it to be a hell of a lot longer than 2 hours.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...glad you're feeling better. Thanks for the advice. Making eggs benedict, bacon and shredded hash browns for breakfast so come on over.

Mick...I hope you didn't pop the disc too, you need some healing time. It's uncanny how you've figured out our "ladies" speak.

Shout out to everyone to come, off to the kitchen....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Yep, here we are having a freaking heat wave in autumn, WTH??
              Of course our scientifically minded politicians say global warming is a hoax
              I call BS on that one!

Mick, take care of the back buddy! You do realize the older we get the easier it is to hurt ourselves, right? Not like we can really do a darn thing about that, haha!
              I have never tried growing a bird of paradise but it would make a nice addition to the greenhouse I think. Maybe I'll see if I can get one at Longwood gardens. They sell some pretty interesting plants

Det, so glad to hear you have surfaced, you had me a bit concerned. I'll take the frost on the windshield any day & you can have the 90+ heat, OK?

PQ, you're not in jail so I guess you didn't bomb the bosses office or anything, ha ha!
              I really hope you can cook up a real diabolical plot to advance yourself at work & get those people to treat you right!!! We are with you 100%

Hi Pauly, how's the trip going?

Well, we did manage to harvest some nice looking potatoes today so I'll cook some tomorrow for daughter & her family since they are coming for a visit.
              I hope everyone has a nice night!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; September 23, 2017, 07:21 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Alooooo ABerooos near and far!

Ah Mick, you've buggered yerself again.... you and i must be related for sure. certainly hope it's not a slipped disc.
                I guess metal detecting from bed isn't so exciting.

Lav, yes still bloody cold here, will be freezing again in the morn, trying to blow it your way. Potatoes are wonderful
                things and my fav starch indeed.

PPQ, sorry I missed brekkie.... sounds divine!

Pauly? whassup down yonder?

had a nice lunch with a buddy today, then went to the lake in search of wildlife pics. really didn't get much but here's
                the only decent-ish ones:

some kind of birdy

and the late sun. The little spots are tiny fly/gnat things lit up by the sunlight.

tomorrow have martial arts and shooting on the books. finally! it's been way too long.
                Just so glad I've managed to get out of hermit mode a bit

let's all have a super nice AF weekend!

gnight loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X