Nourishing November~2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nourishing November~2017

Morning friends,Star be safe on the road,3 hours is pretty far for a doctor's appointment,for a 3 hour drive I could visit my family or go to LA haha,glad your daughter put her foot down and was looking after her brother,what a great woman Cyn,hopefully after this first week our bodies adjust to the time,my hardest time is the night when I'm sooo tired but its too early for bed so I stay up then I get a second wind and can't sleep! Glad you canceled the NYC visit,need to pace yourself so you don't get run down then sick,speaking of sick I either caught Kell's cold or it's allergies and I made the mistake of buying Nasacort at work yesterday just cuz I wanted to breathe so bad,I only did one spray in each nose hole and ugh I got anxiety within 15 minutes,for some reason my body hates that stuff+it really don't work that great now that I remember from the past,probably start my stinging nettle tabs again,SK,I'm a little uneasy about the guy coming for a visit but then I don't know him like you do,I would just hate to see you in a situation where he turns out being a leech and you can't get rid of him but like I said I don't know him,just listen to your gut instinct sorry your daughter is being like that,can you sit her down and talk it out? Maybe she still has some anger and sadness over her dads passing and she's taking it out on you,Lav,that blowing out the dust job sounds like a pain in the ass our chimney needs to be cleaned but where am I gonna find a chimney sweeper in Las Vegas!?! Gotta google today or check creepy Craigslist,wishing us all a wonderful AF Wednesday
    Last edited by paulywogg; November 8, 2017, 08:16 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Yes, I told my friend it will be a 7 day visit and will happen in the New Year.

Temps dropped to 48 and rainy.

I literally stayed awake all night. I took Peggy out at 5:30 a.m. and then napped until 9:30, I could have napped longer but the guy came for his big fan - The Typhoon, lol. Hope I can hang in b/c I have dr's appt. at 7:45p.m. I was watching Red Oaks on Amazon prime and maybe I was too close to the computer screen because I had multiple second winds.

Pauly, maybe you're right. All grief includes and anger stage as you well know. Hope you're not catching a cold. I feel emotionally and physically exhausted.
      Last edited by SKendall; November 8, 2017, 03:09 PM.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Almost lost the plot today. just a horrible day and I cried - I never cry. I'm running a temp and glad I've got doc's appt. this eve.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening friends,

Aww SK, I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope the doc can help you out tonight & know that we are all thinking of you. Take good care of yourself :hug:

Star, I hope your long drive went OK today & the doc visit was good.
          That's so great that your daughter took a stand & eliminated the possibility of a huge holiday problem, good for her & for all of you. May you have a peaceful holiday
          Looks like my daughter & her family will be here for Thanksgiving which will be nice. Now I just have to figure out what to do & when to have my son & grandsons over for some Thanksgiving get together. I keep wishing that the family rift will just disappear but......
          I made another giant pot of mushroom soup today with the 3 lbs of mushrooms I picked up yesterday, yum.

Cyn, it's 40 degrees right now & I have the fire going. I think this is what my body was waiting for because I slept so much better last night. Now they're talking about 20 degree wind chills on Friday, ha ha!!!!
          I hope you are being extra kind to yourself & getting enough rest. I hate getting sick at this age & stage of the game, it takes extra long to recover, ugh.

Pauly, I won't use Nasacort or anything given intranasally. Whatever you put in your nose goes into your bloodstream quickly. That's why you feel fidgety & anxious afterwards - you've just delivered a dose of corticosteroids to system. When I am feeling extra stuffy like that I take a Sudafed tablet, helps a lot without causing anxiety. I keep a check on my B/P because Sudafed can raise it if used too often.
          You've probably seen commercials or video of EMTs using Narcan to revive OD victims. It's delivered nasally & works very quickly. We used to give it IV to patients in the hospital when they were found to be too sedated & it worked like magic

This week is flying by & I am not really accomplishing al that much but somehow it's OK.
          Peace to all tonight!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all ,

SK, poor dear, you have really been through it. I so hope that the doc visit ?7:45 pm? Went well and that he/she can help in a non-invasive way. Good luck!

Pauly, sorry that the steroids got to you, I guess the way Lav explained, it makes sense. I get chills when I take sudafed, aren't we all interesting? I take a homeopathic thing with tabs that dissolve under your tongue when I'm stuffy, and it works like a charm - I'll try to remember the name,

Star, wow, your daughter is making such good decisions for herself and the family! I wish I had had that kind of sense at her age... I thought my job was to make it all happen for everyone else. I still fight that! But I'm not getting on the train tomorrow to NYC, woo hoo! I hope that your trip went safely today. How is your HB doing? Is the new eating style helping any? Hope so...

Worn out from running up and down stairs clearing out my client's garage loft today.
            , uuugh. Then came home and realized that it was the last chance to clean the gutters before mor snow ( we had SNOW LAST NIGHT and it lasted well into the morning!). The low temp tomorrow is supposed to be 17 degrees. What the heck is going on? Everything seems crazy.

Happy that there was some 'flipping' that went on around the country yesterday. A nice shot on the arm, and good incentive to keep active.

Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight. Personally, I think this time change thing is ridiculous and wastes a lot of personal energy!!! But no one asked me...

Take care all -

Comment

Good morning...

Skendal, sorry you are going through a rough time, hope your doctor's appointment was helpful and you start to feel better.

Lav, nice to have your daughter over for Thanksgiving. Don't know what to say about your son and family, hope it works out. The drive was OK yesterday, just long. My husband is fine, just needs certain meds and loves this doctor who he has been seeing for several years and with whom he has a positive relationship, feels heard and validated. I am going to make Turkish Red Lentil soup today for lunch, then going to a neighborhood meeting tonight, plus carpet cleaners are coming at noon, I hope they do a good job. First cleaning job in over three years, it still does not look too bad, but I just want it clean.

Pauly, isn't my daughter amazing? She remind me of my mother, putting herself and her family first. I love it. The last time I got a cold, I used a steroid inhaler and immediately got anxiety and heart pounding, surely not worth it. Sorry you are sick.

Cyn, you just take care of business, good for you. We are getting cold temps but so far no snow predicted, we just don't get alot here usually, and that is OK with me after living up north. I need to get busy on my online course, I am ranked last cause I have done the fewest lessons, but still don't feel behind, we'll see. Just a busy time right now. When I follow the FOK eating plan I feel great, lose a few pounds, and sleep well, so working on doing it more often. Meat just does not appeal to me, neither does oily food. I am excited to learn more.

Off to get ready for exercise today, boot camp conditioning, I just do my best. Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends,that's so interesting about the Nasacort,when I used to see the doctor for allergies she'd prescribe Flonase and I told her it made me anxious and she said hardly any of it hits the blood stream and that I probably think I'm anxious cuz I forgot what it felt like to feel good and be able to breathe! Cyn,maybe it's Hylands homeopathic tabs you're thinking of? I have some,,somewhere,hope you have a nice day Star,bootcamp sounds hard haha,enjoy your class,Lav,I wish I could straighten out the situation with your son too life's too damn short as I said the other day,did you used to get along good with your daughter in law or has it always been kinda "meh"? Not being nosy,just curious,I remember when she gave you those gifts last year I think-kinda weird,yesterday at work I took an old man in a wheelchair,he wanted a cut and beard trim but wanted to keep his hair that I cut off in an envelope which I think is weird as it is,did his haircut and was about to start the beard trim Kell came in and we were talking about Bradys new job and the old man told me I needed to concentrate on his hair and stop yapping,I took off the cape told him it's on the house and please leave cuz I won't be talked to like that,was I wrong? Should I have just kept cutting? Sometimes I just don't know if I overreact or if it's ok to not be put down,opinions please,wishing us all a peaceful AF Thursday
                Last edited by paulywogg; November 9, 2017, 08:45 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, don't second guess yourself. You did what you thought was right and I would have done the same.

My craziness continued yesterday. I had to use Uber 3 x for dead battery. I went to pick up my RX and my insurance was cancelled, Can't get step son to give me access to husband's bank account and can't access his pension.

HOWEVER, here is my plan. As a result of me spoiling Peggy she now wants and hors'd'oevre of duck jerky before her main meal, lol. I am still getting up 2 x in the night so she can take a stroll.

Plan A. Take Peggy to the great dog sitter she loves for a few days.
                  Take the time for self-care. I hadn't eaten yesterday.
                  Paint (have painted) my apt. in a pale yellow with a mango accent wall and hang more pictures. Furniture and rugs grey. Be better organized in my apt. even if it means buying storage things.
                  Use my spa gift card for some pampering. Sleep in, I'm always exhausted. Get a new haircut and colour.
                  Have mammo, colonsc., etc. Remember gratitude. Drinking is never an option for me and with the above plans I feel better already. Also, hire cleaning service b/c heavy work goes un-treated when I can't do it myself.

I hope you all have a safe and AF day.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening friends,

Chilly here & I laughed at the weather report that said it's going down to 32 degrees tonight & rain. Betting that rain will be in the form of flakes, ha ha!!! Who knows?

Cyn, I hope you are snugged in & cozy now. A day of running up & down steps certainly gives yo your cardio quotient for the day.
                    I'm pretty happy with the election results too but we have to keep going, for sure

Star, it really is good to have a doc that you're comfortable with & who actually listens, I get that. Glad the trip worked out well for you.
                    We went out for a bite to eat tonight at a local place. The food there is OK but most of it doesn't agree with me. Still I like to have a night off from cooking.
                    Finding a way of eating that agrees with yo is truly a blessing

Pauly, I always gotten along with my DIL. The thing is she is 5 years younger than my son & I've always figured she just needed to mature a bit - you know? Well, she matured & got just plain weird. She's subject to horrific mood swings & they have gotten worse over time. I wish things were different, they just are what they are for now.
                    About that miserable client, you did the right thing. People can be so miserable for no good reason but you don't have to tolerate their shitty behavior. Your story reminded me about a patient on our floor who was in for wound care on his legs & IV antibiotics. He was the original nasty old man, we were all getting tired of dealing with him. He hollered & screamed at all the nurses, refused his dressing changes & meds. I went in to talk to him & to explain to him that he had to start accepting the care or his insurance company could refuse to pay for his stay - the truth! He pushed his lunch tray on the floor while screaming at me & threw a full urinal in my direction - it missed, haha! I went to the phone, called his doctor & told him to come discharge his nasty patient!! He was there in 20 minutes, ha ha!!!
                    Don't ever let someone abuse you, that's not why we do what we do

SK, geez, you really have some bad karma going on, sorry.
                    Take care of yourself & Peggy too. Keep thinking positive thoughts, I know the universe has some better things coming your way :hug:

OK, have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; November 9, 2017, 08:08 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

yesterday was a very cold and rainy day in TX, so I bought an electric fireplace! The one I had in WA state paid for itself in gratitude in about one wet week.

Thank you all for your support. Here's to better times.

Lav, I feel hopeless about this administration. Yes, we have to keep going. The R. judge Moore may have to step aside for sexual predator on a 14 yr. old!

There was a comment that it didn't happen b/c it took her 40 yrs. to come forward. It's only b/c of Weinstein that many found their voice and came forward. I know I experienced this several times but for the worst one I marched into his boss's office and was understood. Predator resigned soon after.

I want to say that not all men are like this (of course) and we have examples of outstanding gentlemen here on MWO. I think the sexual entitlement is related to a certain personality and "because I can". MWO gentlemen I love you all!.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening dear ones,

SK, for goodness sake, I am sending you white protective light, let's hope whatever is in retrograde turns around soon! I love your self-care and self-respect plan, it sounds great. Probably the best part is getting a full night's sleep. Last summer when my girl dog was so gravely illI was up 3x a night to give her meds... I will never regret that, but it did leave be pretty darned depleted. Good luck, and I really hope you work your excellent plan!

Star, so glad you are home safely. Boot camp, wow, I feel tired just reading about it! Glad you are finding some recipes that you like, enjoy!
                        I loved reading about how your daughter reminds you of your mom... so sweet.

Pauly, you did the right thing. What gives people the right to tell others how to do their job - though oftentimes miserable people seem to want to share their misery... You were generous to comp the guy! wishing you a good day off tomorrow -- ( hey, the breathing stuff I use is "sinusalia" - wonderful, it works in a few minutes for me. You have to repeat often, but you just let tablets dissolve under your tongue. Maybe it would help..)

Lav, no, really, a full urinal came flying by you? Holy cow, what nurses go through, seriously. Good thing you have plent of Tiguan (?) blood to keep your Lavanitude going. I certainly would have been an obedient patient of yours!

Long day today working with my clients. I had to text my neighbor to go over and turn on lights and give the dog a snack... things went on later than I had planned at the client's house. I think I will have everything in their house disbursed by the November 30th deadline, whew. My clients are older and they are getting worn out - me too!

Hope all have a good cozy night --- supposed to be a low of 14 here tonight, sheesh! Wishing everybody warmth and happiness.
                        Last edited by treegirl; November 9, 2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Good morning...

Skendall, you are seriously going through alot right now, sending you strength and hope. Love your self-care plan, it really helps to spell things out that you can do for yourself, I have done it many times also. The electric fireplace sounds lovely, we have one and enjoy it so much.

Lav, how nice you were able to go out to eat, it is hard to find something to eat that is good for us. I am sticking to veggies dishes, but of coures they often have cheese on them, that never works well. I am making eggplant au gratin again tonight, and a vegan zuppa tuscana soup in my crockpot. My daughter and family are coming to spend the night again, her husband has class and she is not into being alone, so we get the company. I am enjoying it while I can. There is just no excuse for your DIL to act this way, you did not try to hurt her or destroy her, she lost her temper and twisted the situation around, now it is about her being right. I wonder if she has done this to other people in her life?

Pauly, you did the right thing, I just don't get reasons people think they can talk down to others, he is lucky you did not butcher his hair. Regarding medication, I have just begun to understand how every med I was ever prescribed has had side effects of all kinds. I did not realize this in the past. More and more I want to eat well and take as little medicine as possible. However, the last cold I got I did use OTC nose spray for a few days, I needed to breathe. The nettie pot helped too but of course you cannot use that on the job. Hope you can rest a little today.

Cyn, it is freezing here too, 26 degrees this morning and in the teens tonight. Brrrrr. Soup weather. I bought myself a really warm soft blanket and have been sleeping well with it, hope you get a good nights sleep, it helps with mood. I made it through the boot camp, it was hard, but I am starting to really feel stronger after more than six months of regular exercise. I was in sad shape physically and am happy I powered through and will continue to work hard. Today, strength training class and then yoga, for a treat. I worked hard on my online class yesterday and have a project to complete tomorrow after everyone leaves with pics to take and post, I am really liking an online class.

Thanksgiving is two weeks away, excited for the holidays. Have a good AF Friday.

Comment

Morning friends,Star I wish I had your enthusiasm for the holidays,they're coming like it or not,I just don't see anything to get the kids or even Louie that gets me pumped,usually I do a lot of catalog shopping and even the stuff in there doesn't thrill me,what OTC nasal spray did you use? That's the hard part,not breathing,it makes me kind of dizzy,I can't hear good,feels like I'm in a bubble,halls makes a cough drop called black ice and it's really mentholy it helps for a bit sometimes,I hear you on meds! Was watching TV last night and it dawned on me that a side effect of most of these advertised meds cause depression I wonder why? It was an ad for psoriasis meds that surprised me,so weird,Cyn,wonderful you have a helpful neighbor like that,I hate leaving Winslow for too long cuz I know he gets nervous,I usually at least leave the TV on for him haha,SK,did you get your meds sorted? Sounds like a hectic day! Lav,all I can say is thank goodness you have a great relationship with your daughter,it just sucks that if this continues the boys aren't gonna be as close to you as your granddaughter and might resent you and her later on cuz who knows what their mom might be telling them? I really hope she's not talking shit but you never know,might be time to really pin your son down and demand time with the boys? I don't have any solution,just trying to help,I'm gonna look into amazon delivery,its part time so I could do it Friday morning,part of Sunday and maybe afternoon when I'm not watching Lou,gonna check out the requirements will keep you all posted,wishing us all a happy AF Friday(sneezy for me! But I'd rather sneeze my ass off than be hungover!!)

Comment

Well that idea was a bust! Amazon has no positions available here right now,why have the ad on creepy Craigslist if there's nada?

Comment

Good evening friends,

It's a balmy 28 degrees right now, goodness!
                                We did have a little rain last night, no snow thank goodness.

Cyn, ha ha I was actually very nice to the 'nice patients', you would have been just fine under my care
                                Honestly, it was the nasty old farts that wore me out. The older I got the less I was able to tolerate them & why should I??? There's always a good reason why certain people never have any friends or family visit them in the hospital. Oh well.
                                Glad you are on schedule with your current clients. Why do people want to make these major moves right before the holidays?
                                Stya warm up there, OK?

Star, it's really nice that you have your daughter for an overnight weekly. I would love that myself
                                Finding agreeable food is not easy for me.....I've had to take a few doses of Immodium since last night's dinner out, ugh. There must have been butter involved in their cooking
                                I don't know if my DIL has blown off any of her relatives but I do know she has blown off a few baby sitters over the last few years. I have no idea who watches the boys when both parents are working & the boys are not in school. I don't want to question the boys about it either. She has just gotten to be too much for me, honestly.

Pauly, I have looked at Craigslist a few times but I have never responded to any ads. I fear too much for my life, there's too many weirdos out there.
                                The stores always used to post signs for seasonal part time help, do they still do that? I am so rarely in a real store any more I don't even know. I think I would even look into a temp agency & see what they say. At least you could be sure they wouldn't send you into a dangerous situation. My daughter had quite a few good temp assignments over the years.

SK, Facebook has changed their stuff so often I'm not even sure how to send a friend request. I'll figure it out!!! We can entertain each other & you can see a picture of my yummy baked donuts that I put on there today, LOL
                                I hope you had a good day!

Have a nice night everyone, stay warm!!!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X