Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nourishing November~2017

Hi all -

Pauly, please,don't follow those CraigsList ads - that makes me scared for you! I'm sure there's something safe out there (I'm not even sure delivery would be safe) that would be fun for a holiday job. Hope you find something, good luck.

Lav, so sorry that butter bothers you - do you know is it the casein or other milk protein? It's so interesting how different our weak links are in the gut - I am fine with ghee and butter actually, but put a drop of half and half in my coffee and I'll get stuffed up immediately! I'm grateful I can have butter.. it's one of th ways I can get calories up. Hope you feel better soon! (Baked donuts? I'll have to log on to see that.)

Star, wow you sound healthy and strong and good. Can't wait to hear more about the online class -- new stuff in life is always great.

SK - I sure hope you got some things sorted... when are you starting your excellent plan? Pats to Peggy.

Lav, my clients had a buyer who is just a bully - the CEO of some big company, and he is just used to having things his own way. They requested a closing date of December 15, but he insisted on Dec 1, even though he will be in Europe for a week after they close. Sheesh. And they are such lovely people - they are both in their late 70s, so I am protective of them, I really want this to be as stress-free as possible, they sure don't need a dragon breathing down their neck. I am grateful that so far things are falling into place.

But I am worn out - 5 days of my VW wagon filled to the ceiling with stuff. The last 2 days I just hauled it inside and kept filling the car up. So tonight I went through it and got it organized to give away. Tomorrow I'll take donations to some places for them. HB is coming home on Sunday, so it all has to be cleared out by then!

Time to hit the hay -- wishing all a sweet sleep. And stay warm! Forecast here is 5 -10 degrees tonight, gracious.

Comment

Morning friends,meh,I don't want a "real" side job,just thought something I could do in my spare time would be cool,no uber or lyft though cuz....people haha! Lav donuts looked great,I'll be checking the mail for mine haha Cyn,that's too darn cold! Star,hope you have a nice Saturday,little grandson is getting big! Wishing us all a peaceful please AF Saturday waves to SK
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

Woke up to a frosty 18 degrees this morning, geez!
        Didn't do a whole lot of anything today but did try a new lentil potato stew for dinner. Good but a bit too spicy for me so I'll go easier with the spices when making it in the future.

Cyn, it's probably a good thing you drive a smaller car. If you drove something bigger you would really be tired hauling all that stuff in a day's time, haha!
        Sorry your elderly clients have such an a$$hole buyer to deal with, that's ridiculous. What comes around goes around ~ karma, buyer beware, haha!
        I think it's the casein that I react to in dairy. In addition to dairy products themselves every single processed item that has whey or casein listed on the label causes me to react, ugh. There currently are two dairy free breads I can buy, both made by Arnolds. I do a lot of label reading, believe me! My favorite website in the whole world (besides MWO) is Go Dairy Free: Recipes, Reviews, Diet Info and More
        They have helped me out time & time again

Pauly, we just want you to be safe - we're not trying to be bossy or anything, ha ha!
        We have a neighbor who also happens to be an ex cop & even he has been freaked out with some potential Craigslist buys.

Hello to Star & SK!

I had one of my chickens go missing today, have no idea where she went & she didn't come back as it was getting dark. We searched & found no trace of her. I hope she finds somewhere safe to hide overnight & doesn't freeze, geez.
        Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all -

Lav, no kidding - I can already fit a small car in my wagon... I couldn't cope with hauling more stuff. I went through a lot last night and got it sorted and labeled for the donation folks - I have to keep a good relationship with them - I took 10'huge bags there already last week. I don't want them to scream and hide when they see me coming! So sorry about your missing chicken! I am worried too - I'll send her warm warm thoughts and hopes that she makes it through the night.

Pauly, as Lav said, sorry, I don't mean to be bossy - I totally understand wanting to get some extra cash in hand - I keep eyeing jobs out there, just out of habit! I hope your Saturday was as peaceful as you hoped it would be.

Star - now I have to go on FB to see your pics too! I am missing out! Sounds like the grandkids are being photogenic. Have you photographed your food yet? How's the class? Hope you are doing some fun stuff.

Hey SK, I hope things are headed in the right direction for you --

I loaded up everything to go to the transfer station this morning, forgetting that it was Veteran's Day and they were closed, uuuugh. So I schlepped it all home again. Must get rid of it before tomorrow AM when HB arrives. Hopefully they will be open in the morning. I lugged several big bags of donations down to the basement; he's not keen on coming home and seeing white garbage bags of other people's stuff hanging around, imagine that!

He's coming home so that he can get me to a colonoscopy on Monday in a town 1.5 hours away. Then the dear man will get me home and then turn around and hop on a train to NYC. That's pretty wonderful, I think, I'm a lucky girl, (even when he drives me nuts!)

Wishing all a peaceful Sunday - stay warm and happy all ---

Comment

Good morning...

Sorry I did not post yesterday, my family left about 10 and again my house was a mess, so I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning up, grocery shopping and cooking. Today we are going to a sports event and tomorrow I have to leave early to babysit, so just busy.

Pauly, a second job? That sounds like it could be fun, we have a website called Indeed.com and you can plug in information and jobs pop up daily. I don't know if it is used in your state or not but wanted to share. My grandsons are cute, thank you, the younger one is a big baby, good thing I am working out so I can pick him up. It is interesting to see all the side effects of medicines, and scary. The nose spray I used was Afrin, but I think a nettie pot is helpful too, at least for me.

Cyn, wow, that sounds like alot of work, sorry the place was closed on Veteran's Day. I need to take photos of veggies chopped up and post on the online site, but just did not get a chance yet. I hope to do that this week. The knife/cutting techniques are interesting but I need to practice, and did last night while making dinner.

Lav, we have cold weather here too and snow a little farther north, not us yet, and just rain today. Not ready for snow. My stomach is upset from eating out food too, with my daughter here we went out for lunch (salad) and pizza for dinner, it upset my stomach. I could not cook as she came early and my plans blew up. I started coughing Friday night and feel furious that I have some bug/virus that is in my throat, I am fighting it with Zicam melts and lots of vitamin C and rest. No yoga for me this morning, I am taking it easy till we go to the game. And eating only healthy food. I think when I go off the eating plan it throws my system off, that is how sensitive I am now. This is ridiculous. Do you get achy when you eat foods that you don't normally eat? I am making lentil soup and having that before we leave today to avoid more junk food.

OK, off to make oatmeal for breakfast and a little more coffee. Have a great AF Sunday.

Comment

Morning friends,Lav and Cyn I don't think my post made it sound like you two were being bossy or mean? Don't think like that,I'd never feel that way,all I was,saying is I don't want a real second job,the delivery one would have been good cuz you can choose to run the calls or not,same with uber or lyft but no on those,I can't have a job that I hafta go clock in and be on a set schedule just cuz I watch Lou in the afternoon and my schedule has to be open cuz we never know how things change from day to day,going to go with Kell to visit the hospital her doctor delivers at and of course it's clear across town! Lou was born at Summerlin hospital and that was far too,I'm hoping this one's a bit closer,there's 2 hospitals right up the street but I guess her insurance doesn't cover delivery there kind of annoying,Star,my throat is a wreck too! Sneezed so much last night and had Lou keep giving me Kleenex,well he took it upon himself to keep grabbing the Kleenex,putting them on his legs,belly and face and said "look Nan I'm a mummy" haha silly kid couldn't get full yesterday,I really hate those days and I googled if you're hungrier during a cold and I guess a lot of people get snacky,that's kind of weird to me,Cyn,good luck with the colonoscopy I hear that's one of the most dreaded procedures,wishing us all a nice AF Sunday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well my missing chicken is still missing so I guess she met up with a fox or some other predator, sad.
                There's just too many animals running around here, I swear. A few hours ago I watched two deer romp thru my yard like the owned the place.

Star, I hope your day was good & you successfully fought off the germs, yuck.
                Yes, I do get aches & pains if I consume too many inflammatory foods. The first thing I get is GI distress but the aches start soon after. Sometimes it seems impossible to find an agreeable item on a menu when eating out. I get frustrated but then remember some people have much bigger food issues than I do. I have a few friends with IDDM & watch them choose carefully from the menu & inject themselves with insulin as soon as the food arrives. My issues are not that bad, really.

Cyn, you should probably have one of YB's trailers then you could really haul a lot of junk, ha ha! I'm sorry you have to do all that backbreaking work.
                Good luck with your colonoscopy lady

Pauly, I can't help but worry about your safety & that of everyone really. I do sound bossy, it's in my DNA & my nearly 30 years of being the nurse in charge, ha ha!! I was always told I was bossy - no sh*t - that's what I got paid for, duh.
                I've been tempted by money in the past. I thought about taking jobs in the city where they paid more but then I considered the commute, parking fees & safety issues in the city (Philly) & realized I was always a suburb girl & that's where I was comfortable.
                So many hospitals are closing their maternity & pediatric departments it's not funny. Even around here the nearest hospital with a maternity department is 45-60 minutes away unless you cross state lines but then there's insurance issues. I hope the new hospital is a good find for you.
                I think Louie is good for you, he seems to be developing a good sense of humor.

Hi the SK, hope you are well!

Have a nice night everyone & stay warm, it's chilly here!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Busy day yesterday, went to a football game and out to dinner afterwards, then home and rested and feel 95% better, so that is good. Off to my daughter's this morning, early, to watch the boys so that will take up most of my day.

Lav, I agree that there are always people with worse food issues, but the fact that I get sick or feel unwell with certain foods has resulted in awareness of what I am putting in my mouth and that is good. Choosing more veggies, fruits and less or no animal products is good for me. Really sorry about your missing chicken, that is sad but the way of nature. Any special plans this week? November is flying by.

Pauly, so great you can go with your daughter for her prenatal care and see the hospital too. The health insurance situation is ridiculous, makes it so hard to get the best care, it makes me super angry to hear the hospital is across town. How is she feeling? Hope everything goes smoothly for her and the baby. I would think it would be hard to have two jobs, two schedules, but the extra money would be nice. It is really cold here, in the 30s, feels like the holidays already. Are you having Thanksgiving and doing all the cooking? I spoke to my frenemy last night and she is having ham instead of turkey, I thought that was fine, whatever your family likes. I don't like ham at all though, too salty. I don't want to eat to much on Turkey day and get sick, I am going to think and make healthy sides so I have more choices.

Hello to Cyn, hope the test goes well.

Shout out to SK, let us know how you are doing.

Have a great AF start to the week.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,I'm the opposite I'm gonna pig out on Thanksgiving,nap then pig out again haha I do all the cooking and I love it,the smells,the noise,the Macy's parade on TV,the gearing up for Christmas etc,unfortunately we didn't go on the tour cuz they pushed the time back to 5 pm and Kell was too tired cuz her drunken bf kept her up the night before and she just didn't want to go,we did take a drive to it though just to scope out the route,I don't do freeways so if I happen to hafta go up there myself I'm taking the streets and it'll probably take me an hour but at least I'll get there alive haha,Lav,I can't believe the labor and delivery is so far away from you! When I had Kell I lived in my small hometown and I barely made it to the hospital she came so fast! With Michelle they kept sending me home and I was determined that wouldn't happen with Kell so I waited til the last minute,still no chicken huh? Poor thing Cyn,how was your weekend? Hubs is probably headed back to NYC by now,is the colonoscopy today? Wishing us all a great AF Monday

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cold & damp here today, sunless as well. I hope it brightens up a bit tomorrow so I can find my energy again, geez.

Star, I think I am lucking out for Thanksgiving. My daughter & her husband prefer to eat lighter foods too SO I can feel free to skip a lot of the traditional dishes, ha ha! I've already picked up a turkey breast & put it in the freezer, no whole bird needed this year. Like Cyn, I am sick of cooking things for other people that I can no longer eat. Enough is enough, ha ha!!
                      I hope your day with the kids was good.

Pauly, sorry Kell is having so many BF problems. Time for him to grow up, don't you think?
                      Maybe you should consider an Uber ride to the hospital when the time comes? Something to consider anyway

Cyn, I sure hope your procedure went OK today, thinking of you!

SK, thinking of you as well!

Have a peaceful night everyone.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi guys -

Thanks for your good thoughts, all went well today and I am very healthy. I have never thought that my 'dwindling weight' issues were from a GI problem, but I guess it's good to have that off the table. Like you all, I am so grateful that I don't have some chronic GI thing like Crohn's to live with, SO lucky. I was a wreck yesterday because it was a clear liquid-only diet for the day, and my blood sugar just couldn't handle it. Between that and the prep it was a pretty unpleasant day. Took almost 2 hours this morning get to the center where I had the procedure - traffic headed to NYC - but the doc was super and the procedure was a breeze - I woke up right away and felt great the rest of the day.

Lav, so sorry for your chicken. I know nature happens, but sheesh that's just sad. Glad to hear that you'll be cooking light for Thanksgiving. It's our holiday too, right?

Star, I'm amazed and glad to hear that you are feeling better already with that schedule! What a lucky daughter to have you close by and able to take the kids.

Pauly, sorry the hospital is so far away; that's just healthcare now, I guess. There's a hospital 5 minutes away from the house where I could have had my procedure, but it was more expensive and the docs weren't so good. I like the uber idea for when the time comes... start saving your pennies now! Louie's antics just crack me up!

SK - how's things in Texas? We had snow today, just a beautiful dusting that was coming down in slowly twirling nuggets. It made everything extra-pretty for awhile. Hope you are doing OK.

Well, I'm going for a good night's sleep tonight, it is needed... wishing all well ---

Comment

Good morning...

Cyn, glad things went well for you yesterday. I bet the snow was pretty.

Lav, my daughter always does things last minute so I do not know what I am going to prepare. I would be buying food already if I was hosting. I need to be flexible. It is hard for me sometimes. I was exhausted after watching the boys for four hours. The little guy is fussy as he is teething and it was tough. Can you believe the Roy Moore controversy? Disgusting.

Pauly, glad you know where to go when Kell has her baby. Our health care system is crazy. Did you see where the powers that be decided that high blood pressure is now anything over 130/80? Big Pharma will make a killing. Ridiculous.

Hello to SK.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,I didn't see that about the blood pressure I'll hafta do a google,I always thought that was ok-ish not the best but still,Cyn,I'd be a wreck on all liquids all day too,panicky and hot shaky wreck! Glad that's over for you,hospital isn't THAT far away,maybe 25 minutes on the freeway and not a lot of traffic,we'll figure it out,maybe Louie's other gramma will watch him on and off while I'm up there,Lav,yes indeed her bf needs to grow up,especially when he was diagnosed with the fatty liver just months ago,I don't remember him partying hard like this before and he dies it with his brother who's wife is expecting a baby boy around the same time as Kell,they say they're trying to get it out of their system before the babies come,,in my experience that ridiculousness only sets up a firmer drinking habit my mom text she might visit me when my brother comes down this weekend,I love my mom,want to see my mom but it also makes me very nervous! It shouldn't I know I don't want to drink,I'm just afraid she'll start getting on my nerves,I can't be like that! Just hafta keep calm,wishing us all a happy AF Tuesday
                            Last edited by paulywogg; November 14, 2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Sitting here feeling a bit tense myself
                              My granddaughter apparently fractured her hand on the playground at school today BUT didn't tell anyone!!!!
                              She was acting weird when she got home, hiding her hand inside her sleeve. When my daughter asked to see it she immediately knew there was a problem. She sent me a picture of this little hand swollen & bruised, geez. She's just gotten it xrayed & is being casted now. She'll be seeing an Orthopedic doc asap. I can't believe she hid that from everyone.
                              Other than that my day was OK.......

Star, it really is much harder watching two boys, I can vouch for that, ha ha! Some kids are just so sensitive to teething where others barely seem to notice what's going on.
                              I vote that we put Roy Moore, #45 & all the other perverts on a slow boat to somewhere - sick of them.
                              I am also so totally sick & tired of all these mentally unstable individuals shooting innocent people, kids & the like. Today, another shooting, so sad.

Cyn, wonderful that your procedure went well & I'll be you're glad it's over too
                              I guess I will just have to get along having 8 hens now & hope I don't lose any more.

My B/P was a little under 130/80 this morning & I've been on medicine for many years. I quit smoking & drinking & it never made any difference. I guess I should try harder to lose my 15 menopause pounds although I have a feeling it wouldn't make that much difference. I have been watching my salt intake for decades, geez.

Pauly, I really, really wish you would make a definite plan on how you are going to handle your Mom's visit. Hoping to stay calm usually doesn't do the trick for most of us. How about starting with setting some limits with her so she doesn't have a chance to get on your nerves? Just sayin

SK, hope to see you here soon & everything is OK with you!

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everyone - evening checkin here -

Lav, your poor little tyke! I wonder why she decided to hide it? She's tough, (I wonder where she got that?!). I hope all turns out OK. My mom felt bad till the end of her life that I fell out of a tree and fractured my wrist in first grade and she didn't do anything about it for a couple of days... I was a pretty grin and bear it kid, so I'm not sure if I made a fuss or not...

Pauly, maybe it is a good thing to think about what limits you could set... we don't usually think of doing that for family, it maybe that's a good thing? Thinking of you and sending you light to protect yourself!

Star, you poor thing; I absolutely could not cope with 2 little ones! You are brave! Well, I guess being patient with your Thanksgiving hostess is the price to pay for not having to do the feast all by yourself! My SD is now back on weight watchers, so I will be looking for some lower-calorie versions of the old standards... that should be OK. It's OK to have a little lighter meal - she really just likes the side dishes anyway, so I'll concentrate on those.

SK, shout out to you, I read in the aarp magazine about two new treatments for pain - non-drugs, they interrupt the pain signaling in the body. One is a virtual thing where you float in the snowy air and lob snowballs at playful polar bears!

Tired and achey tonight - change of weather or seasons or getting the gunk from the procedure out of me... who knows?! Going to bed early with a hot pack tonight...

I hope all have a great sleep and a grateful Wednesday to come...

Comment

Working...
                                X