w/c17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c17th

Weather-wise, I seem to have the most in common with TT, because I had to flip the air conditioning back on yesterday. Pauly and Mick, hope y'all start feeling better very soon. Det, you made me chuckle with your comment about the cool kids bus! Hi Sam and Lav! PQ, yes Dad has known this woman for over a decade, and moved into her home almost 2 years ago. Interesting to hear about your large family. That business of strained communications between the sibs is very familiar to me. There's been a bit of a thaw recently with my brother, but it's awkward.

Comment

Good news. my partner Mr G has kept his job. He got his 'safe' letter for Christmas. But I feel sorry for the other folk in his institution. Many won't know until well into the new year.
      Catch you later

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...I sure hope it's not neuropathy! My twin has it and so far she's had 2 toes amputated. I will check out the zicam though.

Mick...16 hrs, boy what I'd give for 7 hours seems I was awake all night. Hope you guys felt more yooman today.

Sam...thanks, I think I'm more tired than anything. Glad you're getting some time off. We work till Friday but then we're not back till Jan 8th.

Pauly...I hope you feel better soon. Crummy time of year to be sick.

Pi...A/C! We got walloped and temps are supposed to stay in the 5F range for the next 2 weeks. The strained communications can be hard at certain times but we all have our own lives and usually I don't think about it.

TT...great news about Mr. G, that'll make the holidays a little less stressful.

Lav...we actually ended getting 2 feet of snow. The roads were a mess today. Thankfully I didn't have far to go.

Well, that's about all I got in me for tonight. Off to my 8 week post op checkup for my eye tomorrow. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I have been busy all day so just checking in at 9 pm, geez it's great to be semi-retired, ha ha!!!

PQ, two feet of snow - sucks!!! Sorry about that!
          I hope your eye checkup is perfect

Mick, sorry you had to take your germs on vacation with you. I hope you both feel better soon & enjoy the sunshine!

Pauly, get better!

Det, you're not diabetic are you? I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sam, we have the Pocono mountains a couple hours north of here but I am not a skier either. At this stage of the game I wouldn't even think of skiing & breaking some important. Enjoy your time off

TT, glad to hear Mr G's job is safe! That's a gift in itself.

Pie, non-communicating brothers is what I have dealt with all my life. One of the passed away 4 years ago, I still don't hear from the other two, both self serving types.

Well, I hope everyone has a peaceful & healing night. May we all be well!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Wed ABerooos!

Oh my, Mick and Pauly both in the infirmary....no fun! if it's anything like the cold I got the worst of it will be done in
            a couple days...I hope!

PPQ, really dunno what it is just yet... my blood sugar is higher than I'd expect considering my low carb diet but I'm still
            close to pre-diabetic which sux. I did get some relief today after putting antibiotic ointment on my fingers and toes... maybe
            it's a weird skin infection? no response yet from doc, will poke him again. We only got a wee bit of snow here (not 2 feet!) but
            with some ice it's making the morning drive a bit slow and stressful.

TTops, glad to hear the good news.

Lav, snow shoeing is a great winter activity and you can simply go as fast or slow as you like. I may do a snow shoe hike this weekend
            if there's enough snow up on them thar hills. Full moon snow shoeing at night is really cool.

had some chicken sauted with onions, garlic, mushrooms, Greek olives and Italian parsley for din, with an avocado on the side... yummo.

with that... it's off to star trek!

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya folks smee here. .how are you all me n the gems are enjoying the sun it's official. ...Julie says she thinks it's flu not cold so there ya go...far be it from me too argue with Dr Google. Not too bad today. .on the crapness scale just feel crapness. .yustaday was waaaaay down sounds like a few more feel pretty duff too..can we start an inpatient thread...under your control matron lav��I seem to have acquired a lot of pain around top of shoulders and back. Need to check out see if I have put my head through the armhole of my vest!!!��here we go when sterilised brew for all..have a wundershon tag
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

dang it, all you sick people here gave it to me, I know it! Feeling a bit under the weather, gotta blame SOMEBODY??!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...picking up the slack with Mick on holidays? Sounds like you've been as busy as he is.

Det...I hope you get it sorted quit. Feet issues can be the worst.

Mick...sounds like you're improving a little. How long are you at Tennifer? Hope you can spend some of your time healthy.

Sam...sorry about that but I do feel better this morning.

No snow overnight so won't have to dig out this morning. They've changed the forecast to snow today instead of Friday. Hopefully I'll get to the eye Doc and back before it hits. Stay safe out there everyone....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I think maybe we should set up a video check-in so I can actually see everyone & determine who is actually sick & pass on free medical advice - JUST KIDDING
                    Geez, I am almost feeling guilty for not being sick this week (not really)

Det, diabetic neuropathy is usually something that develops after a long period of time. It's not considered an early symptom of diabetes. Numbness & tingling in your hands, arms & feet & legs can be due to a lot of things like a pinched nerve in your neck, vascular stenosis & stuff like that. I take Vit B-12 but have to watch how much I take because it too can cause those tingling sensations. Keep track of it & let your doc know.

OK Mick, your turn, haha!!!
                    I hope you & the Mrs are improving as we speak & you both get plenty of fresh air & sunshine

Sam, I guess I could FedEx some chicken soup to you - you're not that far away. I hope you get better quickly too.

Pauly, time for you to check in too. Hope you are getting better!

I am going to get my granddaughter after school tomorrow & bring her here for two nights. Nice to have a young one around who still believes......
                    Wishing everyone a peaceful & healing night!

Dr, Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad you were just kidding about the video check-in. LOL Nice to have young ones around at this time of year.

Eye checkup was ace, no irits and no drops required. He wants to see me again in 6 weeks to check eye pressure. Lav...got any glaucoma advice?

Temps plummeting the north winds picked up today, brrrr.

Keep warm everyone, except those who should keep cool.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good Eve, ABerooonies!

Lav, your video doc! that's super. Well, reading up on info links doc sent me. He's also ordered me a specific blood test so we'll see.

Mick, any improvement is grand. You can use the metal detector to find change in the couch for now

PPQ, looks like you didn't get snowed in which is great, and no bad complications which is even better.

Pauly, get well soon! those people that celebrate holidays tell me Xmas is coming soon... hmmm.

Friday is almost here.... yay! dunno what I'm going to do for the weekend but I'll think of something.

gnight loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...hope you had a great sleep Det. Time for some more photo's?

Mick...hope you and the missus have fought off the cold/flu and are doing better.

Should be a quiet day at work and probably out early. Hoping everyone has a Fabulous Friday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ok, I'll start. It's 72 degrees, and not even 8am yet. PQ, congrats on the positive eye check up! I'll stayed tuned for Lav's glaucoma tips which may or may not be relevant to me. If you ignore something long enough, it goes away, right?

Geez Mick, sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly. Maybe Det's idea to hunt for sofa cushion change will cheer you. Hi Sam! Hi Pauly!

I've been redoing some wood dining room chairs for many weeks now. Think I'll try to make some progress on those today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                              Ok, I'll start. It's 72 degrees, and not even 8am yet.
                              Don't you start....it's 5 degrees here. LOL You've reminded me that I enjoy woodworking. Maybe a project for my holidays.

Comment

Hi all we both feel a bit better today.I actually went for breakfast mushrooms tomatoes and 2 boiled eggs I also drunk 3 ltr of water and it's helping flush out the sore back etc.it's 78 degrees here bearing in mind right on the coast too.hope everyone is ready for Xmas and all the poorly peeps feel better. ..I'm doing this on my phone...have a lovely weekend good people xxxx
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X